• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

“H-ha-...b-but...ah-“

The noises leak out of Loque’s mouth as she tries her best forming words that could possibly encapsulate just how utterly frightened she is about being stuck with this group. There’s no excuse she can come up with, no charming phrases she can think of to say to Xager to change her mind. So she falls to her knees and stares at her as her eyes begin to water. She knows it. She’s fucked. This is how she’s going to die, right next to a gang of incompetent bastards, and that’s if she’s not taken captive and either fed to Thorgran or taken as one of Sekath’s ‘special girls’.

Seriphine's ears twitched as Xager spoke to her. She chuckled and approached the demon with a smug expression. "If I'm weak then why am I fighting your war, demonspawn?"

She spat on the ground. "[If a thrall falters, butcher them. Feed their meat to the others so the host may grow strong.]"

Jakob gave Hudson a smile. "Well... that's what I do I guess. But don't worry. I'll handle this." Jakob rubbed his hand on his chest, the two swords that Anya launched towards Aliana hit him right in the chest, but being so old and rusty, the metal of the blades simply crumbled away while the thicker metalic handles simply hit right in the chest. Nothing too painful, just a little annoyance. He then looked at Vincent and Riberta. "What do we do now folks? I think we are supplied now. So I think we can start moving again."

Hudson just shook his head slowly at Jakob, having nothing left to say as he turned to look the supplies over. There was food about and some jerky inside of the crate, and he trudged on over to it. Wiping his glove of the sludge he took up the hunk of dried meat and took a bite, inserting the piece under his helmet as he chewed in place for a moment. "Feh." he muttered, reaching into the crate to a bag of salt and grabbing a handful of it that he literally tossed onto the meat. Another bite and a shrug, and he kept on walking in the direction to their destination.

"If I'm weak then why am I fighting your war, demonspawn?"

Xager locked eyes with Seriphine. "Because the humans' goddess of judgement, Velin, thought you were worthless enough to send here. Elf." she responded, putting emphasis on the last word. She listened to Seriphine's next statement, before commenting again. "I know how to cook elf, since I slaughtered plenty of them while under Azgon's command. Should I feed you to Loque over there? She'll grow strong, I'm sure. She's formerly of the gluttony demons."

Riberta walked back over to Aliana, making sure she was safe, before cutting a look back to Hudson. She had meant what she said. She then looked back to Jakob as Vincent finally walked up next to them. He spoke as he got there. "We stock up on rations and ammunition, maybe some warmer clothes, and we get going. See if there's any tents or anything we can use to sleep in."

Hearing what Vincent had to say, Senya opted to look through whatever she can find in each of the crates. However there’s a problem, she was already carrying too much stuff as it is. The best Senya could carry are a few canned foods and medicine while some of the stronger members can carry ammo and clothing if they were up for it. Not to mention they were still far from the destination.

The Warden sorted some of the food such as canned goods and medicine into her side bag, not even bothering to organize them neatly. The others like Uloth and Riberta are going to have to carry ammunition.

Seriphine let out an amused grunt but didn't speak further as Xager walked away. She loosened the grip around her blades and shook her head. Could've been a good fight.

As some of the others went for the crates Seriphine hesitated. Gifts from demonspawn were never true gifts. She watched from afar as Hudson collected food and, after deeming the crates to be safe, decided to join him.

She collected a small assortment of herbs. They reminded her of the plants she used to eat during long hunts underneath the star-filled sky.

Additionally she found some bread and dry meat. Seriphine stored all the food inside a finely made cloth kept in a small satchel on her hip.

When mental clarity finally returned to Anya, the entire situation had been "solved" by Xager's impossibly well-timed intervention. She found herself huffing and panting on all fours, having already lost some of her wolfish appearance as the fear of her situation overtook the rage she felt. Everything that happened while she was the wolf came back to her like details of a nightmare after one has awoken in bed. She recalled throwing swords at the little elf girl, but it was Jakob who had taken the blow. She shook her head; had nothing stopped her, she would have thrown herself in Aliana's direction, and would have tried to kill anything which got in her way. Too ashamed of herself to be seen by the other party members, she took off running back in the direction of the boat.

Unfortunately, she had also become disoriented by the experience, and was not headed in the proper direction.

Inari already had mostly everything she needed, but she grabbed a few extra bottles of alcohol for various reasons and wrapped them up in cloth to keep the glass from jostling about loudly. Once she had fastened them properly and got them in her pack, she looked up to see Anya take off running in some seemingly random direction.

"Hey, where wolf lady go? What she doing?" She eyed the others and the woman as she continued running. Inari clasped a hand to her head. ["Oh dear."]

Vincent glanced over and noticed that Anya had started to shift back, and was now running away...in the wrong direction. Where the hell was she going? It wasn't back to the boat, and it wasn't towards the city. "Gods damnit. Jakob, go after Anya. Riberta can watch Aliana. You can probably talk to her better than I can right now." he said, motioning after Anya. Riberta looked over to watch Anya run off. She can't control her shifting. She then looked back down to Aliana, before sighing.

For once it wasn't his fault heavy restrains were used. Although it was quite inconvenient for him, it served a purpose. The idiots were ready to kill each other already. How was it that he was one of the people showing a level head here? The girl was stupid yes, but really did Hudson or Jacob, the two army men, not consider to give her gun handling 101 lessons? And what was Vincent doing exactly? Shouldn't he be leading this group? Or did he clock off mentally as soon as they passed the gate?

"Adona's balls." He muttered after the paralysis wore off. He ignored the elf's attempts to glue together her fragile ego and went to look though the supplies. The hunger was showing itself and he needed to eat at least something to prevent his even uglier side from showing. He only needed to eat once a day, but he tended to enjoy himself. Looking though the supplies being rationed, he wondered if his appetite had been considered. Probably should have considering a pack of werewolves was among them. Speaking of which, the one called Anya decided to just up and go. He grabbed a cow leg that was among the supplies while sighing. Holding it in his mouth, he took off his coat and placed it on one of the crates away from the muck and water. Then he grabbed it again while tearing a piece of the meat with his jaws "I'll go get her. Anything to get me away from you people for a small bit." He said while chewing. He then took off after Anya.

Loque doesn’t even notice Anya had run off, nor does she notice anything else happening around her as she was too preoccupied weeping. The realization that not even her fellow demons are going to help save her from this madness have driven her to tears. Xager wont do anything to help her but push her further into this mess, and she can’t go back now as the door’s location has probably shifted again. She holds herself tightly as much as she can due to being overwhelmed by the agonizing feelings of her body being crushed and grounded up by pairs of sharpened teeth.

It’s all just as painful as she remembers.

The Red Warden packed as much as she can carry until they can get closer to the city. She rubbed her hands in anticipation, seemed several of the others needed to rest for a moment. Senya slowly turned her head to see Loque was hurting. That wasn’t good, she lowered her head. Senya walked closer to Loque, gesturing outwards.

“Loque, you okay?” Senya asked, pulling something out of her side bag to reveal the same cigarette the demon gave her a while ago. It wasn’t the greatest peace offering in Senya’s mind but it looked like Loque needed it more than her right now.

Seriphine watched as Loque began to weep. With gentle steps she approached the demon and kneeled down. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Why are you crying? Pathetic, just utterly pathetic." Seriphine shook her head. "You are demonspawn. Tales of your kind incite fear. Terror. Worship."

She glanced briefly at Senya before looking back at Loque. "Get up now or I will cut you down like a slave."

“Leave the demon alone, Seri. There’s no need.” Senya interjected, staring at the Elf, blankly.

"If this realization alone makes her freeze up and weep then how will she react when we come to face actual adversaries?"

Seriphine shook her head. "Either she gets up now or she doesn't get up at all. We can't afford more delays or mistakes." As she uttered the last word she glanced at Aliana and Hudson.

“...I think she’s probably going to get up eventually.” Senya turned to Loque, looking back at Seriphine, somewhat slouching.

As Takato and Venextos walked and talked, he looked over at the weapons jutting out of the ground - swords, axes, spears, and more, all of iron. Iron was effective against oni, so he'd imagine the same applied to demons too. But before he could continue that thought, suddenly gunfire could be heard! He turned to face the source, Aliana, who screamed in fear after firing.

Takato just looked incredibly surprised, before watching as Hudson yelled at the practical child, Loque joining him soon after. He worried that another argument would arise, before Riberta planted her fist in Hudson's face. As Hudson attempted to challenge Riberta, however, Anya appeared to turn into a werebeast, and began tossing pommel stones at Aliana, with Jakob rushing in to take the attack. Riberta and Senya quickly rushed in between Jakob and Anya, as Venextos acted quickly to restrain the werebeast with magicks, Takato trying to give the mage some of his own aura to help engage the spell faster. Inari appeared to actually get serious for once, as Vincent raised his rifle in case he needed to put someone down. Takato increasingly got worried...

But then, Xager arrived with their week's worth of supplies, and utilized some sort of magic that locked up all their bodies. Takato didn't anticipate to have been immobilized in such a fashion, briefly thinking how terrifying this would be in the hands of an assassin, but he similarly hoped the situation would de-escalate now. Takato quickly balanced himself after the spell had been lifted, and just watched as things developed further. He first watched how the others would react, Hudson seeming to calm down, Seriphine sharply commenting, Loque looking absolutely destitute before weeping, Inari seeming to stab a piece of meat with one of her blades, and Anya regaining her mental clarity, albeit running away in the wrong direction. Despite the situation de-escalating, Takato looked worried still, as he overheard Senya and Seriphine talking.

He looked towards the the crates of supplies - he hadn't a need for ammo, nor really for food either, so he decided to look through the medical and miscellaneous crates instead. Within the former, he was surprised to find medicinal herbs he recognized, and there were even some tea leaves included - all wrapped in such a way that they wouldn't be falling all over loosely. He grabbed some of the herbs and leaves and placed them in his sack. Within the latter, he found a pair of boots, akin to those Inari was wearing. He briefly pondered whether he would see if Inari had fox's paws if he could see her feet, before thinking that these might come in handy in case something happened to his sandals. He grabbed them and began walking away from the crates, when he noted the kegs of fresh water, with canteens to fill. He filled one canteen with water, and then walked away.

Last edited:
“You don’t get it...” finally replies Loque, gradually getting her emotions under control. “You don’t understand... what they’ll do... to a pretty thing... like you.

Her mask had been opened as she needed some air, but she slowly turns her head almost facing Seraphine. The darkness and her hair conceals her features well, but just barely through the messy tangles of her black hair covering her face was something very inhuman.

She also takes the cigarette from Senya and starts smoking it while also getting up with her assistance. The mask snaps shut as she’s finally on her feet again.

Unimpressed by the vague threat Seriphine watched in silence as Loque collected herself. Good, she wasn't a useless child. Once Loque got up so did Seriphine. The elf looked at Senya and for a brief moment she had a genuine smile on her face as she nodded towards the knight. "Yes, yes you did. I'm glad you were right."

Takato was watching the surroundings, as the dialogue between Seriphine, Senya and Loque continued, to find that, on the crest of a burning hill nearby, a figure appeared. It appeared to move briefly before stopping in its tracks, facing in their direction. Considering the nature of this land, this was worrisome.

"Fellow allies, we have company," Takato said, as Venextos could note that Takato's aura seemed to be circulating the qi of the Abyss through his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back