• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

It takes time he said. Bah! It better have not been a waste of his time. Henderson was too busy examining himself and trying to feel something change from within. But nothing was happening. He barely noticed that they had rescued the person they came for in the first place. He just got more frustrated as time went on. By the time they were met with the two pride demons he was already thinking of what to do to them. Her neck looked slender enough. Big one was going to be the main course. He could smell the werewolf on him. He had killed enough of those topside to make a nice coat out of their pelts. This one would make a really good one by the looks of it.

There aren't more of you down here, are there?
"No." Henderson's scowl turned to a sadistic smile as he rested the hammer on his shoulder "I'm bigger." The change in his voice didn't go unnoticed. The process had started and the smile was now a grin.

Hudson nodded at Vincent when they learned where Velin's blade and Adona's ring were, not all that surprised. If the artifacts weren't hidden somewhere esoteric they would be residing in Taranoch's palace. "Then that's where we're going." the hunter replied. Whether they could stand against Taranoch or not wasn't really a question, it was a matter of necessity for them to succeed. Despite his apathy toward their mission when they first came here, Hudson had grown to realize what will transpire if they fail and would not let that happen.

At Vixas' warning he unsheathed his sword, unfurling a chain as he readied himself for more shadows. However, it would appear that would not be their foe to face this time. Two demonic beings he hardly recognized, squinting through his helmet as he stepped out of the doors and into the open air. The name 'Wallace' seemed familiar to him, but he could not quite place it. From his time in the army perhaps? Or was there something more to it? It didn't matter.

"Perfection? Pride?" he spits back at them. "All I see before me are petty demons thinking themselves above others. You want something to be proud of? Take pride in dying quickly."

Jakob was as annoyed as the rest of his companions. Yet another set of damn demons trying to slow them down. He was ready to just blast at the demonic woman before she introduced her 'cohort' to them, and Jakob's eyes opened wide for a moment. "You..." he said, while lowering his aim. "...Stonewall Wallace?" Jakob could feel the anger growing in him as he remembered that night in the marsh. "...Y-You fucking son of a bitch, how the hell did you became a demon!?" It was clear that Jakob was getting upset, for this man took away something that he thought was sacred. Even if he didn't dislike werewolves, he valued his humanity, and the thought that he could outlive those who he loved haunted him greatly.

Edmond, who was hidden in the shadows, approached the group once more, becoming visible again and standing just a few feet away from Valeria. The two exchanged looks for a moment, but the knight did not say anything. Soon, both turned their attention on the demons. "...Humans driven by sin...sometimes do not become hollows. And there is no better example than you, Wallace." said the knight, while looking at the beastman. "I knew your pride and zealousness would prove useful to someone...My biggest regret is not killing you when I had the chance. Maybe the Duke would have listened to me instead of your constant warmongering."

Hudson's eyes went wide as Jakob and Edmond's words finally jogged his memory, his anger building as he remembered the details. The alpha werewolf Stonewall Wallace. That Wallace. "You son of a bitch..." the hunter grit his teeth as he took a step forward, pointing his sword at the monstrous beast. "You fucking took a bite out of my wife!" Camille did mention that encounter to him in passing a few years ago - a failure that she only brought up to mention how it lead to Aleister saving her life.

"All the people you've put to death, killed for the sake of mad ambitions..! Yet you aren't punished here in the Abyss, you're rewarded for doing it." Hudson took up his combat stance, no longer pointing his blade at Wallace in an accusatory fashion. "If the Icons won't do their fucking jobs we'll just have to punish you ourselves."

Kellea chuckled softly at the group's responses, but actually spoke when Hudson spoke up.

"Perfection? Pride?" he spits back at them. "All I see before me are petty demons thinking themselves above others. You want something to be proud of? Take pride in dying quickly."

"Death does not come to those that are of perfection, insect." she responded, with a smile. She looked among the group, taking notice of both Mariette and Cassandra in the back. Protecting Valeria. "Ah...so you didn't go hollow. And now you wear the armor of an Icon of Pride..." she said, motioning a hand towards Mariette. "...Oh, if Sazak and Ralvas were here to see this...But sadly, they are not. I'll be sure to put you back in chains myself when your friends are dead. The same goes for you, Cassandra. I imagine Azgon is eager to punish you even more after your escape."

The beastly demon glanced to Kellea, before looking towards the group. "Do you know how hard it was to find you? Look at you... h-haha, so confident in your own skills. As if we haven't brought some...precautions to make sure you bastards are buried here." As he spoke, Kellea snapped her fingers, and several demons of pride began to walked emerged from a handful of portals that appeared behind them. Most of them holding fine look weaponry. Wallace looked at each member of the group, giggling to himself. Surprised that this ragtag group of imbeciles somehow made it this far. But then the man with dark skin recognized him, making the beastly demon laugh out loud. "H-heheh... heh...! Do I know you, swampy...?" as he looked at Jakob. He began to recall the man's features, eventually realizing that there were quite a few other familiar faces among the group. "...Oh wait, yeah, now I remember you... and some of the others too! Hehehe..." he stated, with legitimate surprise. "How did a little good for nothing constable reach the depths of Hell and remain alive? I should have shot you down like the dog you are back in the swamp along with that other fucker."

His attention the shifted towards Cassandra and Edmond. "...H-Heh... h-hehe! Cassandra and Ser Edmond, h-hehe! If Archer and the Devonshire sister who didn't have her soul destroyed by that lich didn't go hollow, we could all have a happy little reunion! We only missing the good Duke, and that little bitch with the top hat." But when he saw Mariette next to Valeria and Cassandra, his mad grin slowly shifted into an angry snarl. "...You too, huh? The bitch that burned me alive. Oh... you and that dumb fuck constable are going to suffer."

Wallace simply laughed in regards to Hudson's statements, but stopped when he noticed Kellea moving. She simply walked across the sandy white ground, her bare feet making no noise as she moved. "What are you doing, Kellea?" he asked. She simply looked back and smiled at him. "You're so sure of yourself, Wallace. And I've questioned your actual abilities for a while now...Time to prove your worth. I shall watch for now...Maybe I'll intervene if you start to lose. I'll even let the others assist you."

"You bitch...Fine. I'll prove how I'm superior to you, little miss Perfect. Hehe!"
he said, giggling before looking back to the group.

Last edited:
Jakob looked at Hudson before looking back at Wallace. "You fucking bastard, you took away my humanity. I almost attacked my own friends in Grimtham because of you and your stupid little games." Jakob could see the indiference in Wallace's face. Whatever issue the detective had with the him meant nothing now, and that enraged Jakob futher more. Suddenly and to the surprise of those near him, the detective tossed his shotgun away and set down his bag of guns. He then looked at Henderson and Hudson, his eyes now glowing yellow like a werewolf. Ready to strike Wallace down. "He is mine." He then gave Valeria his coat and hat before getting a bit closer to the demonic beastman. "...I am killing you myself, like I should have back in Grimtham all those years ago." Jakob then began to twitch, his face contorting as the glow on his eyes grew brighter. He soon began to change. And eventually, for the first time in two years, Jakob now stood tall above the group. He was now a Werewolf.

"What's this... haha!" Wallace looked at Jakob, his angry snarl turning back into that maniacal grin in his face. "H-heheh... f-fine. You wanna duel now, pup? I'll duel, and after I GUT you, I'll kill the others. I'll behead that traitorous vampire whore along with the tall freak, and then I'll burn that witch alive!" Wallace himself was now becoming bigger, his features began shifting into that similar to a werewolf but with horns growing out around the limbs and the head. He stood towering easily several feet over the group, a massive demonic werewolf.

"You fucking idiot..!" Hudson shouted to Jakob. "Senya just died because of some stupid duel - do you really think that I'll stand to the side and let you take that monster on for the sake of your pride?! Have some fucking sense!"

Leakhena simply rolls her eyes at this pointless banter. They're wasting valuable time they could be using to extract Valeria on bickering with two pride demons that aren't too keen on letting them go. They're here to fight, they're here to die. It's better to get this over with, and soon. "Oh, shut up already!" she shouts, as she lifts up her rifle and fires a round right towards Kellea's head. "Pride bitch!"

"How hideous." said Kellea, as she gazed up at the now monsterous Wallace. She frowned, before glancing towards Leakhena as she shouted and snapped her rifle up. A moment later, she pulled the trigger. What happened shocked Leakhena, and most of the group.

Kellea caught the bullet.

She smirked, gazing at her hand as she now rolled the spent bullet around between her fingers like one would a coin. "Firearms are so interesting...though I prefer swords." she said, soon rolling the bullet between her fingertips. Eventually, she tossed it aside. "You're an eager one, aren't you? Don't worry. I'll be happy to feed you that rifle, demon of Gluttony, if Wallace perishes."

"You're an eager one, aren't you? Don't worry. I'll be happy to feed you that rifle, demon of Gluttony, if Wallace perishes."
"And I'll be happy to feed your fried entrails to Thorgran myself when you perish, pride." The venom Leakhena has for pride demons is clearly palpable.

Although Gwen had little interest in the banter that preceded the inevitable fight that they would have on their hands, she did have an interest in what happened because of it. Kellea catching a bullet. Rather strange, all things considered. Perhaps that book of spells would be more useful than she thought, if they're heading straight to the demonic heartlands. Gwen rolled her neck. Her hand reached for the remnant of her shadow, unsheathing the blade and twirling it around.

"I suppose that you're no succubi... but... close enough, non? I need the practice anyway." The last thing she fought was her own mirror image, herself. How hard could this possibly be?

Takato was taken aback by the shows of strength their newest adversaries have shown. First the shows from the one named Wallace, who seemed to have some sort of connection to the folks of the previous inquiry, and now Kellea catching that bullet. He himself has tried doing the latter, and it's not easy. But simultaneously, she seemed disinterested in engaging them. He looked at the demons that had emerged, with a serious gaze, given he is assuming they'll do the fighting for her, if Jakob will fight Wallace by himself. He found himself agreeing with Hudson in that moment.

Takato raised his aura in an attempt to dissuade the demons surrounding them, showing just enough to imply that he was actually keeping his full strength hidden.

"And I'll be happy to feed your fried corpse to Thorgran myself when you perish."

"You must be hard at hearing, glutton, as I just said that Perfection never dies." she said, with a chuckle. She then looked to Gwen. "Succubi, and other demons, wish that they were what I am."

Cassandra soon spoke up. "I'm going to enjoy knocking your perfect teeth down your throat, Kellea. I owe you, after that punch." Kellea chuckled again. "That all depends on if you can catch me, Cassandra..."

"You must be hard at hearing, glutton, as I just said that Perfection never dies."
"Of course not." Leakhena responds, unsheathing Irin's blade and whip. "And that's why I'm going to make you wish you could."

Another battle was about to take place, and Mariette stayed back and did her job, protecting Valeria to the best of her ability as the others got into a verbal joust with the demons. She didn't need to say a thing; her mere presence was enough to put Wallace on edge, and even as he threatened her with the same fate she had caused him in life, it didn't bother her. She had suffered far worse treatment at Azgon's hand. She simply smiled, and blew him a kiss. Such a pathetic man, she thought as she looked at his maladjusted body. How I'd love to see him burn again.

Kellea on the other hand, quickly wore on her. Mariette knew that she would be more of a danger than Wallace, but by how much, she wasn't sure, nor could she know exactly what type of magic would counteract her abilities. All she knew was that Kellea was very, very fast if she could catch a bullet from the air and taunt Cassandra the way she had. But demons of pride did have a common weakness, and that was a very fragile ego.

"If only I could be perfect," she opined without even watching for Kellea's reaction, "...then maybe I, too, could play piano in Sazak's parlor as people of import discuss matters above my head. Just a dressing for the room, like a pineapple."

Kellea smiled at Leakhena's statement, but cut a look to Mariette as she spoke.

"If only I could be perfect," she opined without even watching for Kellea's reaction, "...then maybe I, too, could play piano in Sazak's parlor as people of import discuss matters above my head. Just a dressing for the room, like a pineapple."

"...I simply follow Lord Sazak and Lord Ralvas' wishes. If I chose to, I could actively persue an interest in their affairs." she soon stated. "And I'm certainly the most attractive figure in any room I enter. Far more beautiful than a pineapple." It was clear by the shift in Kellea's voice that Mariette had hit a soft spot in Kellea's ego. "But what would you know? You spent the past thirty years on your knees, scrubbing floors and tending to Lord Sazak's every whim. I wonder why he'd have ever considered turning you into a demon, since you've yet to do anything worthy of the concept in my book."

Sazak had wanted to make a demon of her? That was new to Mariette, but given all that she had done in the past, all that she was still capable of, and her apparently complete surrender to fate until Jakob and the others arrived in the Abyss, it didn't totally surprise her. "I suppose you'll find out soon enough," Mariette replied with a smirk. Deep down, however, she was still dreading this fight, until she remembered her first "fight" with Cassandra. Speed and strength meant nothing without perception. She would need to use her illusions again, but not so quickly as to render it obvious. For now, she merely stood and watched what was about to happen between Jakob and Wallace.

The Land of Dead Kings - Vucrox - Boss Battle (Wallace)
Wallace (Demonic Werewolf of Pride), Pride Demon x 11

The Land of Dead Kings - Vucrox - Boss Battle (Wallace) - TURN 1

The duel between Jakob and Wallace will be determined with five turns of coin flips, three coin flips per turn.
Heads means Jakob, Tails means Wallace. Best three out of five wins.
The other battle between the group and the Pride Demons will be determined like normal.

Wallace Battle
FLIP #1 = HEADS
FLIP #2 = HEADS
FLIP #3 = TAILS

Jakob wins the first turn.

---
Jakob didn't hesitate when it came time to attack, galloping across the ground on all fours before launching himself into the air to strike at Wallace. The sheer ferocity caught Wallace off guard, as Jakob's razor sharp claws dug into Wallace's chest, forcing him tom stumble backwards and collapse onto the ground. Jakob then took several angry swipes at Wallaces face and snout, before Wallace managed to knock Jakob off with a swat of his own.

Jakob skipped across the ground only once, landing back on his feet before charging again. A pair of swipes carved gashes in Wallace's thigh, as he tried to bring the towering demonic werewolf down to his level, but Wallace simply grabbed Jakob with his large lycan hand. He squeezed tightly, before spiking Jakob into the ground almost head first. Jakob's shoulder was surely broken from the impact, but he got back up. Determined to fight on and kill the man...no, the monster that made him what he was now.

------
Kellea sighed, as Wallace and Jakob began to do battle, before looking over towards the Pride demons standing nearby. Like fancy, gilded stumps on a barren landscape. "...Are you imbiciles going to attack the rest of them? I did say that I am allowing you to help Wallace." she finally aloud, looking between the ten of them.

The Pride demons looked upon one another, then looked back towards Kellea. "Uhm, right. Yes, Lady Kellea." sounded off the one nearest her, and soon the cluster of demons darted towards the group. Elegant yet hellish weapons at the ready. Kellea shook her head. "Idiots, the lot of them. Now I see why we were losing against the Lich King's forces..."

Last edited:
Hudson started to run after Jakob, determined to make sure he didn't face Wallace alone. He couldn't be there for Senya, but he was surely going to be there for Jakob. "... Can you even hear me you dense fucker?! I won't let you do this alone!" the hunter roared as he nearly caught up, only to be met by the wall of pride demons Kallea commanded.

He shot her a stern glare as he skids to a stop and spread his stance, now starting to slowly march toward the soldiers with malicious intent. The numbers and weapons did not intimidate him in the least, and his hands gripped his sword tightly as he advanced steadily.

"Get out of my way." Hudson ordered through grit teeth, charging into them furiously.

Leakhena follows Hudson’s charge; she’s not going to bother waiting for the fight to come to her. With Irin’s sword glowing hot in her hands, she slashes about wildly to cut these pride demons down.

Henderson's palm collided with his forehead to make an audible slap when he heard Jacob's proclamation to duel Wallace. What's worse he made him agreed with Hudson. Looks like they were dealing with the other one and her force of idiots for the time being.

With a tight grip, he took a running start before slamming the hammer upwards into the first one's jaws.

As quickly as a moment of relief overcame him when they had found Valeria, it soon turned to disappointment as he realized they would have to travel to the very heart of the Abyssal Kingdom itself to obtain the godly artifact that had been made. "Merde, it would never have been that simple." Venextos simply commented before heading with the rest of the group back up the stairs towards relative safety... at least, that was the plan until pride demons appeared. The former Colonel Wallace and a new. much more powerful, demon commander by the name of Kellea. As Jacob threw himself into a brazen duel against Wallace, the wizard knew that they quickly needed to tear through these demons and get to Wallace before anything happened to Jakob.

With that being said, Venextos took the staff from his shadow and charged a spell with it before firing it off as an arc of energy towards one of the pride demons nearby.

Gwen rolled her eyes. They'd really have to do this then, huh? Alright. She supposed that this'd be a more ample opportunity to test out what she's learned so far. Focusing her mind, she tries to trip up one of the demons as they advance towards their group. If not to provide an easy kill, then at least to slow them down.

It seemed that Takato wasn't wrong in his assumption, though it seemed these demons weren't entirely the brightest. Nevertheless, he raised his aura up further, and launched a lot of qi at a group of them in an AoE attack, to get some damage in before they get close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back