• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Seriphine was more or less oblivious to the casualties and injuries suffered by the party as she went into an extreme focus. The demonic knights proved to be worthy opponents, well, worthy enough for a proper skirmish. The Elf shifted her attention to one of the other hostiles and engaged, leaping forth while slicing to the left and right.

The flames in Senya’s sword brightened up, allowing the Warden to move slow and steady in case Visenya had dirty tricks up her sleeve. Visenya swung her sword until she stopped mid air, causing the Warden to step back and wait. Both of them sprinted at each other and hurled their blades across, the metal clashing. This allowed Visenya to pound her shield against her opponent’s blade, disarming Senya as Dark Shard fell five feet away. She widened her eyes and tried to fall back but it was too late, the shadow’s jabbed the end of the sword in her side.

Visenya pulled out the blade and moved back, watching Senya regain her footing. Senya touched the exposed skin with her free hand and ignited a small flame to cauterize the bleeding wound. A rough patchwork but it’ll have to do. She immediately threw a triple fire burst, only one landing on the shadow’s chest, knocking her back. Senya ran for her sword and rolled, snatching it and raised it to guard her head.

Visenya moved slowly, hunched and seaming with smog coming out of her wounds. She could see the Warden running out of energy as her breathing became more desperate and vulnerable. She remained steadfast throughout her entire life, even when she had to face her brother’s killer. A mark of a Warden meant one had to suppress their emotions in order to work on their professional journeys. But this Senya felt raw, determined, real. It was so real it unnerved Visenya.

“I won’t let you hurt them. Whatever you plan to do, leave my family out of this.” Senya exclaimed as she breathed heavily. The plea caused the Shadow to tilt her head in confusion. What was she getting at?

“You think I would kill our family. Is that what you think of me?” Visenya’s eyes squinted a bit. The Warden kept still, glaring at her.

“I still have much to do.” Senya spat out blood from her helmet, licking her lips out of nervousness. Visenya nodded then turned to see the Warden’s allies fending off their enemies. She gave a weak smile. Maybe it would have been nice to meet up with the other shadows, to form a similar camaraderie so all of them could win their freedom. But if this group has gotten this close to the Land of Dead Kings, all of them here, then perhaps the Shadow Elf and her were all that's left.

“So do I,” Visenya responded.

Senya pounded her shield against the floor, cracking it from the spikes and gritted her teeth.

“I’ve come too far and suffered so much in battle. I’ve dishonored and failed my family. I’ve watched so many friends suffer and failed them. But I won’t fail this time. We will defeat Taranoch... The Dragon Gods are with me.” She growled with pure determination, brows narrowed and breathing through her nostrils. There's no reason to give it all up right now. The others are counting on her to rescue Valeria Witlocke and stop Sazak.

Visenya could only look at her with solemn eyes. Beneath the helmet, Visenya had to say something.

“You are wrong...” The Shadow said calmly, looking down at the floor “You’ve sealed your fate the moment you’ve entered through that gate. The Gods have abandoned you a long time ago. There’s no winning this, Warden. Believe me.”

Both stood up and walked towards each other, prepared for another round of fighting. Senya breathed through her nostrils, closing her eyes for a brief moment to jump start her confidence. Visenya slowly nodded, circling around her like a predator out in the open. The Warden watched her movement carefully. Beneath her helmet, a thin stream of blood fell down to her collar bone, drying up.

Last edited:
The fight isn't going well for Senya as demonstrated by the brief glimpses Leakhena catches of her fight with her shadow. The sounds of metal clashing, flesh being seared, and blood being spilled makes her flinch every single time. Leakhena, after killing one of the knights and kicking his body as it hit the ground, looks over to her friend again. There's blood visibly dripping down her neck and her armor's been broken. She's torn on what to do now, keep fighting Shadow Gwen's annoying pawns or help Senya. Still looking over at the two, she anxiously takes out her whip and sheaths her sword and moves in to attack the next knight. If this keeps going badly though, she might consider intervening to save her friend.

The Land of Dead Kings - Vucrox (The Keep) - Shadow Battle (Senya & Gwen) - TURN 4

S. Senya Battle
FLIP #1 = Heads
FLIP #2 = Tails
FLIP #3 = Tails

S. Senya wins the fourth turn, and the battle.
Senya has fallen to her shadow.

S. Gwen Battle
FLIP #1 = Heads
FLIP #2 = Heads
FLIP #3 = Heads

Gwen wins the fourth turn, and the battle.

---------------------

Edmond = 10. CH Roll = 7. Does 5 DMG to Shadow Knight #6. Shadow Knight #6 HP = 16.
Takato attempts to knock Shadow Knight #6 into Shadow Knight #3. D6 used. Chance Roll = 2. Chance Failed.
Hudson = 7 + 1 (8, Velin's Tears.) Does 13 DMG (Heavenly Weapon) to Shadow Knight #3. Shadow Knight #3 HP = 12.
Henderson attempts to bite Shadow Knight #3. D6 used. Chance Roll = 3. Chance Failed.
Seriphine = 3. Misses Shadow Knight #6.
Leakhena = 5. Does 6 DMG (Irin's Whip) to Shadow Knight #3. Shadow Knight #3 HP = 6.
Venextos = 1. Misses Shadow Knight #3.
Wesley = 9. Does 3 DMG to Shadow Knight #3. Shadow Knight #3 HP = 3.
Cassandra = 8. Does 13 DMG to Shadow Knight #6. Shadow Knight #6 dead.

Riberta = 7. Does 6 DMG (Shadow's Claymore) to Shadow Knight #3. Shadow Knight #3 dead.

------
The tall vampiric knight darted in, delivering a vicious swipe to the shadowy knight as Takato attempted to knock it backwards into its ally. The impact from Edmond forced Takato to miss his chance, But it would seem that it didn't matter, as the others set upon the two remaining knights with ferocity. Hudson drove his angelic sword into the knight's belly, just as Leakhena's whip struck the creature across the side and destroyed a large portion of its armor. Henderson would attempt to bite the demon, but it was thrashing about a bit too much to effectively chomp down on it. Seriphine and Venextos would attempt to strike the demons as well, but would miss due to their attempts at dodging the group.

Wesley would get lucky, driving a few kunai into one of the knights, while Cassandra quickly moved in on the other. As the demon attempted to strike her, she swatted the blade aside, and drove her estoc's point deep into the midsection of the knight. It screamed out just as the other had, before the armor suddenly burst apart and the shadow faded. Riberta would charge the one that Wesley had attacked, slamming her claymore down on the demon's shoulder at an angle and effectively chopping the demon in half. Another scream, and another burst of armor as the shadow faded.

A newly-enraged Gwenaelle let her blade clash, over and over again, across her shadow's armour. Weakening it with each gash, each dent causing her more distress as the temper tantrum of the queen sent her fury directly towards her. "I, have, a, purpose!" Each word she spoke was interspersed with another ringing of demonic metal striking demonic metal. "You, have, none! You disgusting, worthless, CARRION!" Gwen's forceful strikes finally made her shadow relent, and the conjured sword was cast out of her grip. In the moment the shadow looked towards the weapon flung from her hands, it gave Gwen enough time to aim a strike right for her head. Though she had tried to move out of the way, the slash caught her eye, leaving a nasty gash across the height of her shadow's face. It let out a ghastly wail, gauntlet raising to cover her eye.

The shadow visibly trembled, effectively blinded in one eye, as a thick, black tar began to cover her arm and drip to the floor. "You... you insolent child!" The shadow's voice pierced her ears, a gauntlet raising up to grab the queen's swinging arm. "You have no plan! No idea what you're going to do! Your stupidity will let everything langush back to nonexistence!" She began to twist that very same arm, both of them shaking from the pain they had inflicted upon each other. The shadow won out, however, forcing Gwen to drop the blade to the ground, and pushing her backwards, away from it.

Neither was in the position to pick it up, however. Although Gwen's shadow attempted to bend down in order to pick it up, she was only met with a leather boot impacting her skull, sending her reeling to the floor.

She got down upon herself, straddling the shadow's midsection. Every second making her angrier, and giving her more energy to strike upon her weakened foe. Her very existence was now an affront to every sense that the queen had. Even as the shadow brought her arms up to ineffectually defend her face, and 'blood' pooled around her head, Gwen became more vicious in her strikes, running off of nothing but her own adrenaline. Only a lull in her attacking allowed the shadow to speak, and even then, it was only due to her attacker reaching for the bayonet on her hilt. "Maybe... maybe you would have made a good wrath demon, too..." Even in its final moments, it found the time to mock Gwen.

"...But we... we are so alike... I just... wanted to... to help." Her shadow's voice was weak, the energy draining away from her as she removed her hand from her eye, to properly look at her 'true form', remorseless, and looming above her with cold steel held tight in her leatherbound hand. "We are not alike." She raised her knife into the air, aiming for her shadow's chest. "I have a birthright to fulfill. You have nothing. I will not... suffer another demon in the affairs of my kingdom, ever again."

"Especially not one like you." The battered armour of her shadow proved little resistance, as Gwen drove the knife down into her chest, her body jolting violently, as it hit her heart. With the last of her strength, she grabbed the queen by her collar, pulling her downward. Not to express guilt, anger, or regret. Only to offer her a plea.

"Don't let... us die, again..."

With a final twist of her knife, Gwen killed her shadow for good. She brushed the hand away from her collar, and straightened herself up. She pulled the ichor-covered knife out of her own chest, wiping it off on her arm, and stood up. She only made it a few steps before collapsing down onto her knees, and then into a seated position, wheezing heavily from her fatigue, moreso physical than mental. Perhaps her shadow was telling the truth, and their goals aligned. Perhaps every word she spoke to her was a truth.

But Gwenaelle's bloodline, her pride wouldn't allow her to fall to demonic influence yet again. She had to remain vigilant. Her entire race depended on it.

She would not fail them again.

In a short moment, Visenya made her charge and raised her blade down on the Warden. Before the blade could make contact, Senya shifted in a twirl motion and went around the shadow, swiping towards her back. Visenya grunted in pain, feeling the unexpected attack. She turned to face her opponent as they were just about ready to decide who will win. The wound on her back causing a bit of smog into the air. Her calm demeanor started to crack under the pressure as she saw the Warden still standing.

“I believe you now,” Senya said weakly, her lips quivering.

Visenya’s eyes slowly began to widen, surprised by the Warden’s change in attitude and respect. She didn’t know how to respond to that.

Senya panted and limped across the throne, swinging her sword and tried to land a hit at Visenya, roaring with rage. The Shadow gritted her teeth, parrying the blade with a loud clash and threw a jab against her gut. Senya spat out blood and saliva from her mouth and stepped back. When it was clear the Warden was far too wounded to keep fighting on, Visenya frowned and tossed her shield aside. She wielded her dark sword by her side, waiting for her to strike.

The Warden swung her sword before Visenya parried it, allowing Senya to do the same as the shadow and shoved her with the shield. In retaliation, Visenya extended her leg and kicked the Warden’s right ankle. The ankle twisted in the wrong direction, causing Senya to yell out in agony and dropped the shield. She pulled back her free hand and clenched it into a fist, throwing it against Visenya’s head and clashed. The Shadow’s helmet fell back and disappeared, exposing Visenya’s green eyes.

They stopped for a mere moment and stared down at each other. Years of relentless pain and hardship. They knew that was expected for a Red Warden, but they still had a voice in the matter. Senya tilted her head back and wiped the blood underneath the helmet, exhaling harshly.

“Let’s go.”

Senya hurled her sword against Visenya’s face and yelled. Visenya immediately shifted her weight, getting out of the way and extended her sword into Senya’s side, landing where her lungs would be. The blow was swift and gave little time to say her goodbyes to the group. Senya dropped Dark Shard and knelt, spilling blood across the floor. Visenya widened her eyes and attempted to catch her, turning to the Warden as she was bleeding profusely. Senya’s eyes stared at her counterpart, losing her breathing.

“Looks like you won your freedom. I hope you make the best of it.” Senya said weakly and looked up at the ceiling, growing pale by the second as Visenya leaned forward and was completely at a loss. Blood spread all over, leaving Visenya to make a promise.

“Don’t make the same mistakes as I have.” Senya coughed, her breathing slowing down.

“You’ll have my word. I promise.” The shadow nodded, extending a hand over her chest piece but her eyes wandered over to Senya’s face. Her hand pulled back, seeing her motionless eyes and her mouth half open. Visenya could barely register what was happening now.

“Senya?” Visenya called out, but to no response from the Warden. She pressed a gauntlet on her neck but it was too late. She lowered her head in shame and clenched her hands into fists. The duel was finished, Visenya earning her victory, yet she still felt empty. Guilty even. Senya took away Luis, something she would never forgive her for, but she did so many things in this world also. Driven by rage made her question if she should have listened to the demon’s advice after all. It felt like, she was beginning to understand her emotions more clearly. She knew what she had to do now.

Visenya closed the Warden’s eyes and lowered her head, struggling to speak. But there was one thing that always stuck with her from the very beginning. Whenever someone is put to rest, you honor them by praying. She started to understand the meaning of the verse. Visenya took Dark Shard and pressed the end of the blade against the floor.

“By the first flame. In Karnax give us strength, In Aldras give us resolution, In Freya give us peace. We are steel, the flame runs through our veins. And they shall know our history.”

“And now, I shall remember yours...”

Visenya finished, she closed her eyes as her body faded into smoke. The smoke crept inside Senya’s mouth, causing the body to shake continuously until her eyes opened to reveal violet and green colors. The body rose and gasped for oxygen, looking left and right for help until the body calmed down. She raised her hands and stared at them, gaining a shade of color after seeing Senya’s pale skin. Visenya turned to her open wounds, closing up on their own at a rapid speed. She got up on her feet and turned to the battle that’s coming to an end. Gwen managed to defeat her own shadow, Leakhena is still alive. They were all okay. But she wasn’t.

She frowned and lowered her brows, once she leaves, there’s no going back. Perhaps a chance to do something the real Senya never tried before. She clenched the grip around Dark Shard’s handle. Visenya gave one last look at the group before casting a wide pitch black portal.

“Farewell.”

She dipped her gauntlet into the portal and stepped in, anxious to find out what lies beyond the Abyss. But she knew one thing. It would be a new beginning.

Hudson's sword clamored loudly as he performed a swift parry while he closed in, stabbing into the knight before pressing his foot into it to free his blade. As he did so the others began to dispatch the rest of their adversaries, the hunter's eyes wandering to Gwen who appeared to have ruthlessly beaten her shadow. Once the knights had been killed he swiveled back toward Senya's battle, ready to assist when he noticed that she was on the floor, her shadow missing. It seemed like she had won, though thoroughly wounded or exhausted herself in the process. Breathing heavily from exertion, Hudson began to walk over to help the Warden up.

Yet she helped herself, and once she opened her eyes it was clear to him that he was no longer looking at Senya.

Momentarily stunned by the implications, Hudson yanked on his chains and began to sprint towards his ally's possessed form. "Abyssal bitch! You'll fucking pay!" he roared, casting out a mace to try and constrict her. Couldn't let her escape the Abyss to wreak havoc on the world. Not like this.

Yet he was too late, the shadow stepped through the portal and his mace clanged against the cold ground futiley. The murderer had gotten away. Dejected, Hudson slid to a halt and clenched his fists around his weapons. "No... Fucking damn it! Is this what honorable combat gets you?! Losing that gambit just cost the lives of innocent people!"

With Edmond having forced the knight he was fighting away, he found himself watching as the two remaining knights were beaten down. With those two resolved, he turned to face Gwen and Senya, the battles they were fighting. Gwen seemed to have managed to be victorious, but...

Takato was in shock to find what had happened to Senya. As others such as Leakhena and Hudson reacted, Takato could only yell Senya's name upon seeing the sight, and watched as the shadow-become-physical departed through a portal. Though Senya was among the more competent of the group, he couldn't believe she had fallen now. Perhaps it was something hidden to all of them, something within, which caused this. Something none of them could've helped her with if she didn't seek it.

He felt saddened, given how they had managed to get so far, and deal with each shadow thrown their way. But he couldn't lie to himself that part of that sadness came from having been unable to resolve what had happened when Gödrun joined their party... any time he had tried to speak to her on the matter, he got nowhere... these feelings of loss before resolve, he wasn't too familiar with, by virtue of his nature. For once, he felt justified wondering whether his master had ever felt the same way. And if so, how did he move forward?

With the battle at an end, Mariette finally stirred, her head throbbing with pain as she rolled over, sick to the stomach from the concussion she had suffered. People were shouting, and the Countess was barely aware of the implications. She stood with Jakob's help and dusted herself off, took note of Gwen's survival, and then realized that Senya, to whom she hadn't really been introduced and remained a stranger, had been killed by her own shadow. But where was the shadow now? Had the others vanquished it, or had it escaped somehow?

Then, she remembered her dream, and, almost in a panic, hid her face with her hands. "Oh, Jakob! Monsieur... Cass..." she called out to them both. "Has something happened to my eyes?" she asked, totally unaware of the unholy intrusion of the armor into her very flesh.

All Leakhena needed was just one more second to act, finally having made up her mind to intervene and to save Senya. But Visenya was already stepping through the portal while she was too busy recoiling her whip to strike her shadow with. She looks over at them again just to get a look at Visenya opening up a portal to escape. Every single muscle in her legs coil up as she launches herself across the room towards the portal. One more second, just one more second is all she needs to enter through it also and avenge Senya; but it closes within inches of her face. She soars right through the empty space where the portal once was, and painfully connects right into a wall on the other side. Her whole body aches, though she isn't sure what hurts more: the impact of slamming the wall that hard, or her failure to save her friend. Defeated and ashamed of herself, she can't bring herself to get up and instead bursts into tears as she lays on the floor.

"I-I could've stopped her!" she laments to herself. "...I should've!"

Senya was gone. Claimed by her shadow copy, whom quickly departed via a portal. Probably to the mortal realm. As expected, Hudson was furious, yelling about innocent lives being lost because of a lost gambit. Riberta, however, had been able to hear the conversation between Senya and her shadow. She didn't say a word, however, simply looking over towards Gwen instead. From what she had heard over the yelling and chaos...she didn't have to lose to her shadow. She was already consumed by rage and wrath for what had happened to her kingdom and race that she would tread the same path she had before.

Cassandra rushed to Mariette's side almost immediately after killing the shadow knight, sliding across the ice to sit opposite of Jakob next to Mariette. Soon, she woke.

"Oh, Jakob! Monsieur... Cass...Has something happened to my eyes?"

Cassandra almost instantly noticed the new...growth across Mariette's cheek. "...Your...Your face, Mariette!"

Nearby, Vincent was in total shock at what had just happened with Senya, as Hudson went into a furious tirade while Leakhena burst into tears on the floor near where the portal had been. Suddenly he took his rifle and slammed it hard into the icy floor three times. Hard enough to shatter the stock of the rifle. He then hurled it away, far into the back of the room near where the throne was. "GODS DAMN IT!!!" he spat, enraged.

Hudson looked to Leakhena as she bawled her eyes out, speaking of how she could of stopped this. Then why the hell didn't you, demon? he thought to himself, not even bothering to say it aloud as he was far too angry over what had just taken place. Beyond that his attention was directed to Vincent, who was also thoroughly pissed over what had transpired to the point he was breaking his rifle to bits. He so desperately wanted to cast blame on their leader, even sauntering toward him angrily as he sheathed his sword and recalled his chains. Yet Hudson didn't. What good would that do for them now?

"Vincent." he rasped, raising a hand as he shuffled toward him faster than before. Stopping a few paces next to him, he cast his arm over to Leakhena and the shadow's escape point.

"Senya's dead. She was perhaps the most level headed of all of us in this fucked circus - but the loss we suffer pales in comparison to what that thing is now capable of." the hunter growled, bringing his arm back down to his side as he turned his attention to their leader fully.

"If we - when we get out of here. You and I, we need to go after it. Stop it before it causes damage. It's our responsibility, our fucking obligation!"

"Wha- then my eyes are..." Mariette shook her head, taking a moment to process what Cass had just said. Apparently her eyes were still their normal vampiric scarlet, but something else was amiss. Her face?

She raised a trembling hand and felt around, and soon the metal of her gauntlet made contact with the metal now embedded in her cheek with a soft "clink," and realized what had happened. "It's... It's trying to protect me," Mariette said, her amazement matched by fear. "This suit is possessed... Non, it is actually alive. It... It spoke to me in a dream, about the effect this place is having on us, on our souls," she elaborated, growing more intense.

"EVERYONE!" She exploded. "WE HAVE TO LEAVE THIS CHAMBER, NOW!" Having gotten everyone's attention, Mariette pointed at the titanic skeleton and frantically explained: "every minute we spend in the presence of this monster's bones, we are being bombarded with a corrupting influence. Unless we leave now, it may soon scar our very souls!"

"If we - when we get out of here. You and I, we need to go after it. Stop it before it causes damage. It's our responsibility, our fucking obligation!"

"Leave it be." said Riberta, from where she was standing. "Oddly...I don't think you will have to worry about her." She turned to face them after a moment. "But of course...you obviously won't care what I say." she said, before looking to Gwen. "...I care more about your plans, elf queen. Especially after that little conversation between you and your shadow."

Vincent looked to Riberta, his rage subsiding slightly, before looking to Hudson. Before he could get anything out of his mouth, however, he heard Mariette's outburst. Cassandra stood quickly, cutting a look to the bones nearby. "...What do you mea--" she said as she reached down to help Mariette up, before being cut off by the voice of Vixas yet again. He had left the room during the battle, having ventured back outside. After all, Tariun did state that their battles were their own and that he could not assist them. "She is right. The longer you remain close to the bones, the more Abyssal corruption taints your souls. If you remain here too long, it could force you to remain here in the Abyss. I had wished to push you through this place quickly, but it seems that the two shadow demons had other plans." said the tall, thin demon as he quickly floated past the bones towards the tomb of Adriel and Zazriel.

Once he had arrived at the door to the massive, grandly decorated tomb, he spoke a string of words and waved both hands as if he was opening a book. And suddenly, the doors began to rumble and shift. "If you wish to claim something from the tomb, now is the time." he stated, looking back to Leakhena. Riberta glanced to Leakhena, before moving around the pile of bones towards where Vixas was sitting. "I wish to use Adriel's trident." said Riberta, slipping her claymore onto her back.

With some of the initial shock subsiding, Takato watched as the others talked. He considered approaching Gwen, as to heal her, but Mariette's proclamation and Vixas's subsequent confirmation of corruption within this space threw him for another loop. Seeing the previously absent lanky demon swiftly open the tomb of Adriel and Zazriel, the hermit tried to fixate his mind on the thing he was planning on doing. He needed to remain vigilant, because if even Senya could fall to her shadow, what's stopping him from succumbing?

He looked up at Vixas, and proceeded to ask: "...the opportunity to ask Abahai this passed me by, but do you happen to know how the oni pilgrims paid their respects to Zazriel?"

Last edited:
Leakhena cuts Vixas a disgusted look as he emerges out of nowhere. Just what the hell was he doing while one of their own was killed and their shadow is now potentially wrecking havoc in the mortal realm? A surge of insulting thoughts come to mind the angrier she gets at his sudden absence.

'Maybe that's why Taranoch was able to overthrow Kaizen. His 'chosen' sat there and fucking watched.'

She wipes her tears as she sluggishly gets back on her feet. "... Just give me her fucking armor." she says, exhaustingly throwing her hands out.

As the last of the knights fell, Venextos felt a sense of relief that their struggle had ended rather decisively... or so it seemed. As he turned he saw that while Gwenaelle defeated her shadowy foe, Senya suffered a different fate. As it was made clear that she had lost to her shadow, and was now consumed by this 'Visenya', Venextos futily tried to react in vain as the creature stepped through a portal and disappeared from view to leave the group where they were. This sudden change of events, and downturn, was nothing but a shock to the sorcerer. He was speecheless as Leakhana cried out and Hudson raged into the hellish pit they found themselves in for all the good it would do now.

He remained quiet as the group spoke of what to do next, yet his mind raced with such intense thoughts. What will happen now in the mortal world? Did this have to happen? Could this have been stopped? he wondered to himself as he sat down nearby in solemn silence. Senya's very being was essentially erased by that thing. Something that very well could have happened to him had he failed in destroying his own shadow and he knew what terrible and wanton destruction such a being could commit with his knowledge and powers. When Mariette made it clear that the group had to leave as soon as possible however, Venextos quickly gathered himself and walked over to Kaizen. "Which way is the exit?" he asked with a rather solemn voice.

"... Just give me her fucking armor."

"You stand in the presence of the best of us." spat Vixas, his head sharply turning about to face Leakhena. "Hold your tongue, or I will remove it. If you wish to use her armor, step into the tomb and retrieve it. And pray to Adriel for forgiveness for having to use it."

"...the opportunity to ask Abahai this passed me by, but do you happen to know how the oni pilgrims paid their respects to Zazriel?"

Vixas turned his head back around to Takato. "Often through prayer and offerings." responded Vixas, motioning to one side of the tomb. "There is a small shrine on that side of the tomb on the outer wall. But...I believe you shall pay respect to Zazriel in another manner." He then floated into the tomb, moving to the right side. The inside of the tomb was as lavishly decorated as the outside, and two large coffins sat on their own individual platforms. On the left side of the tomb, Adriel sat. Her armor sitting quietly upon a series of small shelves, with her trident placed just so on a rack next to it. On the right side of the tomb, Zazriel. He had only a staff and a robe, both of which were setting at a small pedestal.

The oddest thing was that Zazriel's side of the tomb was less decorated than Adriel's. No fancy inscriptions, trinkets, or other items. He seemed to have been a humble king. When Vixas reached Zazriel's side of the tomb, he retrieved the robe and staff carefully from their pedestal. He then returned to Takato, whom was waiting in the archway. "...In my years as a guide here...and after spending a lot of time among the Oni as well as Abahai...I have learned of some of the customs that you practice. I also know of Zazriel's customs...how he lived, and what he wished to happen after his death....And I believe that it is time that his wishes are carried out." said Vixas, holding the items out to Takato. "The Robe and Staff of Zazriel. Second Abyssal King."

His wound started to heal when the knights fell. Henderson exhaled as he felt every muscle and sinew reform and the bones move back into place. Nasty bit of business that, but looks like the fight was over. Gwen won, Senya lost. Odds were that someone of this group would succumb to their shadow, but he didn't think it would be her. If he were to bet, he would have thoughts it would be the other way around. Her loss was going to make the fight against Sazak harder now. Even more with half of the group breaking apart over it.

Mariette screaming about the bones caught his attention. Just what he was looking for.

"You know what I'm going to do, don't you?" He asked the guide after looking at the bones. "It's going to happen one way or the other, so I'm formally asking if there is a easier way than me just breaking off a piece and sucking down the bone marrow...or what's left of it."

Takato waited in the archway after Vixas explained to him how he could pay his respects, before presenting to him the robe and staff of the one whom all came to pilgrim at. Takato could hardly believe that he was being presented with Zazriel's robe and staff. He felt it disrespectful for him to even touch such artifacts, wishing to respect the dead. But at the same time, would accepting not respect his wishes? He felt himself unworthy still.

Takato could hardly speak in surprise, but Vixas could tell that he felt it proper to reject these, out of his own suspicions of what would be respectful.

Vixas continued to hold the items out to Takato. "Zazriel...never wanted to be a king. He was but a loyal servant to Adriel and the Icons. In particular, Adriel's favorite. He acted as her closest advisor for a time, up until Adriel's death. He wept for a month when she died. The Icons chose him to be King, and he declined over and over. After meditation, he finally accepted, knowing that Adriel would have wanted him to replace her. As king, he never asked for praise. No pledges and gifts. No statues. If anything, he gave what he could away. But he also gave the Abyss structure with his reign. He built a religion which has had numerous branches and spinoffs. And his reign was second only to Adriel's in its prosperity and glory. But...he never changed, even up to his death. His wishes were that his belongings were to be given away to those that needed them. The Icons accepted that, but left his robe and staff as they were, when he was placed here in this tomb with Adriel...He would have wanted them to be given to someone else."

"His power...all that he was...flows through this robe. His staff, one of a kind, carved from a branch of the tree that once stood in front of this very keep. And I give it to you, as he would have wanted me to." He nodded to Takato. "Take them. Keep them. You honor him by doing this."

He glanced back to see that Riberta had entered the tomb, and had already moved over to where the Trident stood. As she reached out to touch it slowly, she could feel the energy radiating off of it. This weapon...was far beyond powerful. Her eyes widened a bit, as she hesitated. Did she really need to use this? Vixas spoke up. "Take the trident, Riberta." he simply said. Riberta glanced back to him, nodding a few times, before finally reaching out and grabbing hold of the trident.

The power that surged forth from the weapon was almost overwhelming, flowing up her arm with an intense heat. It felt like she was being burned alive from the inside out, but she just couldn't let go of the weapon. The feeling spread into her chest, which she clutched with her off hand as her knees buckled.

Vixas looked back to Takato, before glancing past him as he heard Henderson's voice. "A sliver of bone is all you need. Consume it."

Hudson met Riberta's words with an icy glare from behind his helmet, his body language more telling than his unseen eyes as per usual. "Given your own record of murderous rampages I am very much not inclined to believe you, Riberta." he replied. "Even if it wasn't, do you think it should get a chance at freedom after murdering our ally?"

Before he could try to talk to Vincent his attention was taken up by Mariette's outburst. "Shit." he muttered, quickly stepping away from the frozen corpse and toward the exit. Vixas made himself known, confirming the vampire's words which did not please Hudson in the least bit. "And you didn't think to tell us that before we toured around in this place? Had I known that I would have fucking stayed outside..!"

With that he continued to shuffle toward the exit, only to be stopped by what Henderson said next. Standing in place, he turned and raised a single finger to the titanic mutant, not the least bit intimidated by the height disparity. "Do that sick shit on your own time - come back for it after we part ways. Do it now when we have much more important shit to do, and the second your little gamble pays off and you become a mindless monster ready to turn on us? I'll kill you. That's a promise, not a threat."

However, his hand slowly lowered as Vixas nonchalantly entertained Henderson's mad desire and experiment. "... Motherfucker." Hudson grumbled lowly.

Last edited:
Vixas curt threat barely processes itself in Leakhena's head. He'll cut out her tongue? She'd like him to try. There's nothing that he can do that neither Thorgran or Irin haven't done to her already.
"A sliver of bone is all you need. Consume it."
A gasp of shock comes from her. Oh, what the hell is Henderson doing now? Why is Vixas helping him?! She can't swear where she stands, yet Henderson is allowed to desecrate Trig's bones? Unbelievable. Again she pauses and holds her head in disbelief, hoping to keep her cool and her mouth shut; not out of embarrassment over her particular choice of words but because it's utterly pointless to say anything to stop either of them. At least Hudson's undeterred enough to speak up as always, but that probably won't do him or anyone much. Wiping her face again, she now carries an unfilled look on her face. She does walk towards Adriel's tomb however, praying all the way inside since Adriel still deserves respect. Before she puts on the armor, she takes off her coat and carefully inspects each piece for any grime or dust and very carefully wipes it off should there be any. Once it's all on, except the helmet, she ties the sleeves of her army coat around herself as a sort-of cape.

Takato was in disbelief hearing that Zazriel was as humble as he was. Perhaps he was too used to the stories the humans shared of their emperors, where such cases seemed to be rare... though thinking about it, that was likely the same case here. Wordlessly, he allowed Vixas to place them in his hands, knowing this is what Zazriel wanted.

He could feel the power emanating from the robe and the staff, more ancient than anything he had encountered before, but somewhat reminiscent too. Its power even made his artificial arm shiver, as though it were sentient. He still didn't feel right taking these, but he hoped he would honor him well doing so.

"...I hope it is no issue if I still go ahead to the shrine and give him a short prayer," Takato said, as he placed the robe and the staff in his carrying vessel. He didn't feel right wearing the robe yet, nor using the staff.

"Shut up, Hudson!" Henderson responded to the hunter's threats. Vixas on the other hand was very cooperative, which pleased the mutant. "Thank you, Vixxie!" With a slight spring in his step, he walked towards the nearest bone, while whistling the same tune he did back in the tombs. He stopped monetarily to take a better look and prepare the hammer for a good strike. The sound that came out once the maul collided with the bone was unnatural. Like a screech. As if the atmosphere was trying to warn against it, but he wouldn't be deterred. The piece fell into his palm. It was now or never.

Despite it's age and look, the bone was surprisingly fragile to chew on. It broke into pieces under his own teeth. Despite that, it felt like he was chewing a piece of meat instead of a bone. It went down rather easy even, compared to any random small bone that was caught in his jaws before. After he swallowed he felt...nothing. Did he need more? Another swing of the hammer, another howl, another piece. This time it felt like he was chewing a rock. He spat the fragment out and threw what was in his hand away.

"Bah!" He was rather disappointed with this turn of events "Demon bollocks!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back