• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
She only offered him a small smirk and a shake of her head as she kept throwing her knives, initially. It was nice to hear a formal apology in that way after what she was grappling with, and she managed to stop her throwing to roll her shoulders and ponder her position. "Apology accepted, monsieur. Though truthfully I have not had much of a quarrel with you." she starts, now ceasing her throwing to toss the knife about before catching it repeatedly. It twirled in the damp and misty air before plopping down flat in her palm, and she would keep up that motion while she turned to look at him.

"Such commentary on my position is expected, I suppose. Were it not for the reputation that I had gained back home many officials would think, and had thought, that this all is merely a hobby." she begins, twisting her mouth slightly in yet more thinking on her words. "Yet this is so much more important to me than they realize. Than most do. I have become adjusted to such comments and assumptions, and they do not get to me a great deal. And as you know I am more than capable of responding in kind, pettiness is a weapon I wield as effectively as any other." With a chuckle she smiled a bit broader before it quickly faded.

"You are right to feel that things have changed drastically, and they have. As a pureblood the countess has both physical and political free reign to do as she pleases in this inquiry, and then even further beyond outside of it. We did not need her to be revived, and even if we did I would rather die than toss Escaria into the fire like she so brazenly did." Camille states, catching the quill and gripping it tightly with anger. "And then my worries get branded delusions of grandeur and insanity. She did not see what I saw, hear what I heard. My life could have been ended in an instant if she chose, but you and Erwin outnumbering her prevented it. That cowardice took hold and let her hesitate, so the both of you saved me just as much as the lich had. For that you have my sincere thanks."

"I...I appreciate you thanks mademoiselle." This exchange did not turn the way he expected at all and it left him stumped for the first time in a while. "We were lucky to come in as we did. I do not wish to think how it would have ended if her 'intentions' had come to fruition." Theodore shook his head as he recounted the explanation the vampire gave. "Unless she still thinks Louie the XIIth is still around, a duel would be a fatal end guaranteed. Casting a dark cloud on whatever she said of her other motives."

"I know the logic of why others would trust her. It's normal to think that when one did indeed risk her life for us back at the inn." He was silent for a moment as if considering something "But, as experience has bitterly taught me." He looked to Camille pointing to his mask as an example to his point, his voice dropping as a the related memories came back "Those who save us, don't always do so out of the kindness of their heart."

She looked on as he tapped his mask, only figuring that he worse such a thing due to whatever crazy substances he worked with instead of due to some disfigurement. Camille gave a slow nod of understanding, leaning forward a bit as she rests an arm on her leg while she looks off into the mire. "It is in her interests to save members of the inquiry, to preach about how much of a changed soul she is moments after showing her true colors. The poor, downtrodden vampire unable to live in her precious sunlight, she simply had to take whatever extra power she could get! Truly, she is tortured by her immortality and practical invulnerability!" she says in a mocking tone, feigning an exasperated sadness.

"A regular vampire is enough to slaughter a whole town on a whim, if they're smart about it. A pureblood can do the same thing so quickly without anyone ever seeing them in motion. No one should have that much power, especially not her. This is only the beginning of our problems." Camille relents, gritting her teeth behind tightened lips. "One way or another, I am going to solve them."

"It's why I extracted these when I could" Had fished one of the vials from earlier and showed it to Camille. "So much of what we know about vampires comes from their blood. Weaknesses, solutions, repellent. You can imagine what several vials of pureblood can do for us and why I asked for Erwin's assistance for the heart." He put the vial back where he got it from "Although this is just scratching the surface as to how to deal with them. There is so much more that is needed."

"The irony of course is not lost on me or my colleagues in the archives. We do appreciate the sick joke fate decided to play on everyone. "

Ethraeil had, much to his surprise, been allowed to remain on his horse as they moved to Porthcrawl. He appreciated not having to be enclosed in the carriage, although he was slightly concerned as he wasn't exactly inconspicuous to the general public. Nonetheless, he stayed quiet and on alert for any disturbances as they traveled onward to save the captured members of the Inquiry. As they made camp in a dry area of the swamp, Ethraeil sat cross-legged on a nearby fallen tree. At this point he was half-meditating and half on vigil as he sat nearly motionless and without making so much as a sound.

Rosanna found herself sitting on a rock deep in the the desert canyons near the southern Atracan border with Eshax, staring into a roaring fire. Her horse stood nearby, almost as quiet as a mouse. Inside the fire before Rosanna, the corpses of several werebeasts that she had shot. The same ones that had killed both her and her younger brother. She had been crying, her face a bit wet wet but drying due to the heat of the flames.

A noise nearby forced her to look up, finding that another horse was now standing nearby. No rider upon it, though. When she looked back about, she found that the bodies in the flames were no longer that of werewolves. Instead, these were ordinary humans. Different ones. The ones she had killed at the mansion. Mercenaries and soldiers. "W-Wha..." she muttered, before up through the flames of the fire to see a man standing there. She recognized him near instantly. The Rider. He was dressed just as she had seen him before, wearing dark brown clothes and carrying an older model revolver on his hip. His form was bathed in that of green flames, his eyes like burning embers.

"You can't run from it, Rose. Nobody can." he said, simply.

-----

Rosanna snapped awake, looking about as she grabbed her revolver. Once she realized that she was still in camp with the others, in the swamps around Porthcrawl Bay, she finally sighed and calmed down. What have I done? She sat forwards, burying her face in her hands. A moment later, tears were seeping through the spaces between her fingers.

Last edited:
Stargazing was becoming a new hobby of his with all the time he had been spending idle outside. The stars and celestial spheres were certainly interesting from both scientific and artistic perspectives. He had met a few astronomers in his time, often promising young students at various universities toiling under arguing old men. It seemed only with their telescopes could one enter into the debate, and while Aleister had indeed had the pleasure of looking through one before, he knew little about the shapes he saw through the device. Distant, unreachable planets were little more than fleeting esoteric dreams. Visible only from a distance without any true clarity, but with the promise of a tantalizing mystery attached. Were there others looking back at them from the other planets? Perhaps, and perhaps not.

He heard a quiet commotion and some shuffling down below in the camp, and he rolled over onto his side from previously being on his back. Rosanna was holding her revolver and looked somewhat panicked, but she was quickly calming down. The following tears told him all he needed to know. A nightmare, or some other unpleasant dream.

Aleister settled his chin on his left arm while he allowed his right to dangle over the side of the carriage lamely, slowly tracing a line back and forth across the flank with his finger.

He watched Rosanna for a moment. Then, when she seemed to collect herself a little more, he spoke up softly. "Are you alright, madam? Tears are... therapeutic from time to time, but they don't often come voluntarily."

He had changed back into his black priest robes not long after they escaped the mansion. From his angle on top of the carriage it seemed like he was just a face and arm stretching out of the darkness.

Rosanna shifted a bit, wiping her face with her shirt sleeves. "...No, preacher...I ain't alright...I probably won't ever be." she responded, her voice bearing a rough sound to it. She was quiet for a few moments after that, before speaking again. "You remember...on the way to Bromwich...I said that Dullahans hunt and kill humans. I said I didn't want to be anythin' like my kin...and lo and behold...I massacre a bunch of humans in that mansion back here. The very thing I set out NOT to do...I did."

She looked up to Aleister. "...I'm scared, Al. I'm scared of turnin' into some kind of monster and hurtin' good folks like Jakob, or Valeria over there...or even Camille...even if she bitches a lot..." she said. She still had tears in her eyes. She was truly terrified of the notion. "Every Dullahan before me...has gone down that path. And it looks like I'm gonna go that way anyway. And before you say it...I know those men were out to kill us. I've been shot at and hit by humans...I've hurt them, yes. I beat the hell out of one man after he shot me in the spine...but I never killed him. I never killed any humans...till now."

Aleister listened quietly to Rosanna as she spoke. He certainly sympathized with her concerns. It was not an easy position to be in, especially when it seemed like she was pushing against the inevitable. In a way, it sounded a bit like how Camille spoke in regards to vampires. That they would all eventually succumb to crazed bloodlust and insanity.

"Well... as you said, they were trying to kill us. You don't want to be a monster who hurts good people, but sometimes in order to save those good people, you have to be... a monster, some of the time. You can't lock your soul in a cage and expect that it shall stay contained. You have to understand yourself. I don't mean this in a vague priestly way, I mean it literally. Know what you are, what you are capable of, and what you do and do not want to do. Awareness is critical. Perhaps it is so that many Dullahans before you have gone down the path of killing and mayhem. You may think it destiny that the same happens to you. I disagree. I may be a godly man, but destiny is hogwash at best."

"I don't know much of your kind, I am afraid. But if I may suggest, bottling up what you see as a monster will only enrage that part of you. The more you fight it, the more you'll suffer when it finally breaks loose. And perhaps by that point you can't reign yourself back in. Thats why it may be wise to let off some steam, as an engineer may say. Put the part of you that you dislike to work doing good things. You say you were a monster back at the mansion? I say otherwise. You fought Cassandra single handed, drew most of the enemy fire, and fought on valiantly. If you hadn't done that, some of the mortals could have been killed. Even I could have been felled by silver bullets."

"You can't erase your soul. But you can tame it. There are a lot of bad people out there. Some that need killing. So... kill them. Let that side of you out against the unworthy, and save yourself from hurting others, if that is your fear."

"Many vampires share similar worries. Camille, well, you know her opinion on the matter, which I highly disagree with. But there are urges, of course. I mostly drink animal blood these days, but I still treat myself to human blood. All voluntary, and all consenting, naturally. But I do not think I could go forever without drinking human blood again. So I drink it sparingly. I don't over indulge, nor starve myself. I see a reflection of that in your case."

Galina sat down near the fire with a small leatherbound notebook, a pen and an inkwell. She opened a fresh page and began to sketch Ethraeil, starting with his skull.

Despite not knowing the creature well she found him interesting and fascinating. A lost soul caught in endless conflict.

Camille eyed the vial he produced with some scrutiny, the science of killing vampires lost on her beyond execution. If there were any ways to discover exactly how they work, it would be through the macabre methods of men like Theodore. "Well that is well and good. Unfortunate that Aleister had to get in his feelings over such a thing." she states after some time. "Even if Mariette stayed dead there would be no way to allow for a proper burial of a pureblood. The corpse would have needed to be burned to ash - allowing any chance of revival would be suicide. Though you and I know this well already."

The Escarian woman shuts her eyes, quietly considering something else that has been on her mind before speaking again. She opens her eyes again and looks to Theodore. "He is... a curious case. Aleister had every opportunity to seize what Mariette had to become pureblood, but he seems to have refused. I don't think he supports or is even an accomplice in whatever the countess plans. His outburst toward you two seemed to be out of respect for the would-be departed rather than any allegiance." she explains, a finger tapping gently on her knee.

"If he is merely masquerading as a priest, he at the very least practices the gospel he spouts. The same cannot be said of the countess and her mission to 'do the right thing'. I don't doubt that he had been a good man before he turned, and I have trouble seeing him as anything less even now. Yet it will only be a matter of time before he is consumed by his affliction like those before him."

"He is a righteous, that is clear. A righteous fool that is." Theodore sighed "I discussed it briefly with Erwin, but the priests are always standing in the way for the rest of us in the inquisition when it comes to handling things that are more complicated than black and white. Interesting enough, nobody has ever threatened me the way he has, but I can forgive given the situation we were in and my own suggestion being foul in nature admittedly. Vampires are mainly creatures of passion and emotions, much as some try to hide it, his passions are clear. "

"That being said, I have issues with him. He is quick to chastise me, but will benefit not only from the presence of our cursed friend, Ethraeil, but also his abilities as well. Hypocritical and a man with double standards is not someone I would trust to make the right decisions. Wear the cloth or no, I'm not going to pretend I don't think he was obstructing our most valued tool against a pureblood based on hollow claims and providing emotional rants. Not that I wish to reduce Ethraeil to a mere tool, given what the man inhabiting those bones has gone through, but his abilities are an asset to the Church we cannot ignore, and it is not uncommon for inquisitors to utilize methods deemed taboo in order to achieve a greater good."

There was a silence as he joined Camille in looking towards the mire, his hands crossed behind him. Having ended his own rant on the topic of the obnoxious priest, he had to admit it felt good to have someone listen to his own thoughts on the matter. However, he felt there was another possibility they haven't discussed. One that may seem unlikely now given what they know and think, but should not be ruled out.

"But maybe, there is a chance that we're wrong." He shrugged "From what I have seen of him and what we have heard of her, it might not be malice that drives them. Just arrogance, passion and stupidity." A second passed before he added something "Or maybe I'm still hopeful that this can be turned around and am trying to lie to myself."

Rosanna mulled over all that Aleister said, continuing to wipe her face. What if I do that, and I start to kill innocent people? And I can't stop it? What if my body starts to deam EVERYONE unworthy? With how the Rider had just appeared to her in her dream, it might actually be fate. The Rider was the one that turned her into a dullahan. The Rider knew what she would become. She might be doomed to walk that path.

She eventually sighed, before standing and grabbing her rifle off Rayham. "I'm...I'm gonna go walk around a bit. Yell if ya need me." she said, before quietly strolling out of camp with her lever-action in hand.

-------

"The ring that the Duke is in possession of is the Ring of Adona. It is a legendary relic, worn by Adona as he traveled the mortal realm. When he accended, he left behind the ring as well as other objects. The ring grants its wearer powers like that of Adona." explained Sazak, as she sat atop the carriage, still clutching the revolver tightly in her hand. Valeria's eyes went wide. The powers of Adona in a ring? Life, death, time...all under the Duke's control. "H-How? How did he get his hands on such a relic?" asked Valeria, shocked by this information.

Sazak chuckled. "I found it for him. Just like I found the Romanov for Cassandra. It was in an old box, buried in a graveyard in Braumwich. Surprisingly close to the House of Lords, actually." she explained. Valeria's eyes darted about. A powerful artifact, right up under the Atracan government's nose. How were they supposed to stop the Duke if he had such a powerful artifact under his control? "Simple. You kill him." stated Sazak, surprising Valeria. Apparently since the demon was in her mind, she could read her thoughts too.

"...How are we supposed to kill a man that has the ability to control life, death, and time itself?" asked Valeria, folding her arms. Sazak chuckled again. "Witlock, there's more to the gods than you realize." she said, sitting down atop the carriage and swinging her legs. "Adona and Velin never got along, despite what you may have learned through the church. Velin was a hardliner when it came to the supernatural creatures of the world. She founded the Order you belong to, determined to slay any and all monsters that would prey on humans. The Order started out just as hostile as Velin, slaying creatures with no exception to if they were friendly or not. Adona saw this, and decided to craft a creature to counter the Order. The Dullahan. The Dullahan's duty was to hunt down and eliminate members of the Order that would prey on friendly entities."

"Velin was angered by this, from what I heard, and created a weapon meant to slay virtually anything. An executioner sword. When the sword cut through a foe, it destroyed them entirely. Body and soul. It also granted its user immunity to Adona's god powers. She had plans to use this weapon upon Adona, should she ever need to. The sword never saw use, and was eventually hidden as well, just like the ring. Find the sword, slay the Duke with it. Simple." explained Sazak, pausing for a moment before continuing. "There's a trick to its use, however. Only Velin herself or a member of the Order can use the weapon. Otherwise the weapon is useless. It wouldn't even cut butter."

Valeria narrowed her eyes. The story sounded like a load of bullshit, but its all she had to go on at the moment. "...Where is this sword?" asked Valeria. She knew Sazak knew where it was. Otherwise she wouldn't have brought it up. Sazak grinned. "Ahhh, and here's where the haggling comes in." she replied. Valeria gritted her teeth. "...What's your price, demon?"

Sazak's grin turned into a simple smile.

"You."

Last edited:
Camille nods her head, having gone back to tossing her knife idly as Theodore described the situation as he saw it. During the pause before he presented his theory on the vampires, she turned her head back toward him and raised an eyebrow, only to nod in agreement soon after. "It depends on who they were before they turned, I think. While it is true they often act quite predictably they'll try to justify their thirst for blood and their unchecked ambition in other ways. I can't say exactly the psychology of such patterns, why it takes place or any of the details because they do not really concern me." she explains, sitting up straight now with a slight lean back as her right foot props itself on the stump she was seated on.

"That said I do not get in the way of progress or science. Such things are necessary to move forward, after all. It also helps that I have absolutely no attachment to the creature in question." the huntress adds. "Aleister is obedient despite any threats he makes to you. Even then he's a priest who cannot rightly hold on to anger over such things for long. Forgiveness is supposed to be in their nature, non?" she says with a chuckle. "If you're aiming to build bridges tonight with apologies, he might be who you should speak to next. Not out of friendship or anything like that, just so that he scrutinizes you less. I understand that you might prefer to work in... peace and quiet."

"I suppose. But coming from me at this moment would amount to little more than a half apology at best." Theodore didn't tare away from looking towards the swamp. "I doubt friendship is on the table anyway, but maybe I could buy myself some leeway with a show of goodwill. Or maybe he would berate me more for the reason I stated, but at least I'll know that I tried in that case." Another shrug. "Ah to hell with it. If I don't try, I have no reason to complain. Then what will I do?" He joked as he turned to face Camille "I must thank you for the conversation madam. It has been far more productive than I initially hoped, but I should try to overcome this insomnia at least.." He bowed in the same manner he did when they first met "Good night mademoiselle"

With a new spring in his step, Theodore began to make his way back towards the camp, but as he neared a form of anxiety crept up his spine and he slowed down somewhat. The priest was wide awake by the looks of it and he was speaking to Rosanna. If he didn't do it now, he might as well never do it, he knew this, but a weight in his stomach formed in an attempt to pin him in place. "Why even bother? He'd probably throw me under the carriage and have it run me over than even talk to me." He began to murmur under his mask. "Maybe it's for the best. I'll just have to live with his screeching anyway. What difference would it make." He took a few steps towards his bedroll and stopped again "What am I doing? Being a coward over this? I already swallowed my pride once tonight. Mind as well keep it down. Not for my sake, but for the group's. We need the unity. Worst he could do is prove me right."

He adjusted his course and began to walk to the carriage, nearing it he could already feel the scorn, but he kept walking towards it.
"Aleister, can you and I please have tal-" he stopped once he had a better look at Rosanna "Is everything alright, mademoiselle?"

Rosanna paused, glancing back to Theodore for a brief moment. "...I'll be fine, Theo. Just...just dealin' with personal stuff right now." she said, before continuing her walk. She eventually strolled out to where Camille was. Even though she didn't like Camille all that much due to her bitching and nitpicking about the vampires, it was better to get along with her at least till the inquiry was over. "...Hey, Cammy. I...uh...I wanted to say that I'm sorry 'bout what I said. I can't apologize for Val...her thoughts are her own. Still...we gotta stick together, and we can't rightly do that if we ain't talkin' to one 'nother."

Last edited:
"Yes, and I thank you for listening and wish you luck with talking to the vampire." she responds with a nod, soon squinting at the tree she was practicing on. A few more throws of the blades were made before she heard more voices in the distance, turning her head back to be met with the dullahan's approach. Splendid, all sorts of people seemed to be intent on breaking her focus tonight, but at the very least it was to extend olive branches rather than malice.

"It is fine. I have more or less accepted where certain people stand on the issue." Camille replies. "Some people are afraid to imagine what others are capable of. But it will take more than one of her sob stories to get me to see her differently. The countess betrayed all of us, and is in a position to play any side she wishes. My paranoia and ego just might be what saves us all when this is over."

Aleister nodded as Rosanna got up and made to leave. He hoped his words would help her through her issues, though these were things she had to ultimately tackle herself. Assistance from others could help ease the pain and shed light on things otherwise ignored, but ultimately this was a situation only she could deal with.

It was at that moment Theodore had returned to the camp. He eyed the little man neutrally from atop the carriage where he was laying. Theodore wanted to talk to him it appeared, but paused to check on Rosanna. The dullahan moved along shortly afterwards, and Aleister looked back to Theodore.

"Back from your late night grave robbing so soon?"

There was so much talking happening that Mariette couldn't help but stir in her bedroll, and shortly after Aleister and Theodore began speaking, she sat up, stretched and yawned.

Last edited:
"Didn't take long, did it?" He spoke under his breath before turning responding to Aleister "I was actually talking with lady Camille to check up on her. She was disintegrating a tree with her throwing knives. I should have asked for the blunted ones. I could maybe use them to knock you down a peg."

"Let's try this again. This time we don't stab at each other? I wanted to talk so we could try to smooth things out between the two of us. Not for my sake, not for yours, but for the group's. I know you're not blind or stupid and are well aware what we're up against and what we have to do. I'm not asking for forgiveness, nor your friendship. I just want us to understand each other without descending into petty threats and insults."

Aleister looked down at Theodore with his bright, wide eyes. He had felt a little sleepy earlier but now he was sufficiently awake. Tonight was proving to be interesting. The little man apparently wanted to try and smooth things out, despite his extremist outlook on disrespecting scholarly boundaries. Necromancy was hardly negotiable, and Ethraeil was only tolerated because of his repentant attitude and enslavement.

"I suppose that depends if you plan to salivate at the thought of necromancy again, scholar. There are boundaries we must respect to maintain the sanctity of who we are and what we stand for. An academic who ignores those will undoubtedly fall to quack sciences and madness."

He noticed Mariette stirring awake, and he spared her only a brief glance before looking back at Theodore.

"Don't confuse progress with the absence of ethics. They go hand in hand."

Your paranoia and ego might just get everyone killed. That or something else. "I'm going to patrol around a bit...if somethin' happens, just yell for me." she finally said, before turning and quietly walking off. She made a wide trip around the camp, checking out puddles of swamp water and old, hollowed out trees. Eventually, she stopped and sat down on an old stump. She set her rifle in her lap, then just gazed off into the swamp. Listening to the crickets and creatures of the night, as she dwelled on her dream as well as what Aleister said earlier.

------

Valeria shifted a bit, before finally opening her eyes. She quietly sat up from where she had been laying, glancing down to her right hand. A scar, across the palm. Her eyes narrowed. She then reached over and took her gloves, slipping them on before looking to the others across from her. Aleister and Theodore were apparently talking, while Mariette seemed to be waking up. Rosanna was gone, as was Camille and Galina. Ethraeil was likely sitting away from the camp as he usually did. Meditation, most likely.

"Salivating?" Theodore was beginning to regret even trying to speak to him "I suppose one would could see that instead of what it was really a desperate response at a time of high stress and uncertainty." The scholar crossed his arms behind his back "Just as whatever you were doing must have seemed as level headed as possible. Who's arms were you going to break again? I forget."

"But i thank you for the advice anyway, so I will offer you two in kind. First, don't confuse time in the cloth with actual seniority, those are not the same. And second, if you're going to spout gospel at me, then you can forgo your excuses for hypocrisy in the very next sentence, priest. Your status does not make you incapable of that sin." The latest exchange in blows felt good by about a second before he chastised himself mentally, this was not the way to go.

"Alright, one more time." Theodore sighed, as he could feel this going in the opposite direction as to the conversation with Camille, glancing towards Mariette as she awoke before going back to Aleister "I understand where the anger and indignation comes from. You're not the first person to come to us with this, doubt you'll be the last. The archivist and scholarly positions within the church are heavily romanticized by the other members as being pious as just about anybody. So when one of us does something to break that illusion, it's not in a matter that would be pretty. And I don't blame you for having the reaction that you did. You may think of me as being a lone member of this, but truth of the matter is if people like head archivist Ludwig were present, then the solution might have been much worse to your ears. Is it an excuse? No. Is there friction between our two wings? We are arguing about it, non?"

Aleister still kept his chin resting on his arm as he looked down at Theodore as the man spoke, a bemused and perhaps patronizing smirk on his face.

"The clergy often enjoy some additional legal protections, and in some cases, exceptions. In some places, even a junior priest would have authority over, say, a professor. I'm sure you are well aware of the status of bishops... confessors... cardinals... and the like have in comparison to the citizenry and nobility. A priest of my standing has significant seniority, but I digress."

"As for hypocrisy... it seems your eyes can see more than mine. I have been accused of many things. Hypocrisy rarely on that list. At no point have I, or do I, claim perfection from sin. In fact, I am well aware of my sins. I know every single one. I'd recount them to you, though I don't think you've become a priest since we last spoke." He felt faintly amused that Theodore wished to extend a branch of peace and chastise him at the same time. He'd fence point to point as needed - there was all the time in the world for it.

"I am well aware of how people of your ilk like to behave when given an ounce of freedom away from laws, ethics, and morality. I've chanced upon more grave diggers who happen to be students at the medical universities than grave diggers looking for jewelry or some perverse pleasure. I know you aren't alone in your inclinations. And I doubt this Ludwig could suggest much of anything worse than necromancy. Necromancy is an arch-sin. To defile a soul that has already departed for your own purposes is, quite frankly, the most deplorable thing I can think of."

"Would you like to be a little puppet for a necromancer when you die, Theodore? Perhaps you'd like to wear little bells on your shoes and a fancy hat, dancing to the song of your sorcerous piper instead of finding peace in whatever place your soul was meant to reside?" Aleister couldn't help but roll his eyes, his gaze sharpening.

"You can do all manner of things I may disagree with. I will, of course, do what is needed for the interest of the inquiry and work with you as required. But I will not hesitate to stop you from committing something as awful as necromancy... however I have to."

The pompous fool wants to continue on this track, then he's boarding the wrong train. Theodore had enough of him.

"Spare me the threats. You continue to build that wall of words to hide behind as well as pull the supposed rank you hold over me, yet you forget as members of the inquiry, you and I answer to the head inquisitor and are on equal footing. But please, continue to pretend the act of necromancy is an abhorrent sin in a zero sum game to you, but will reap the benefits of the soul trapped in a lich's body at the same time. The two-faced nature attributed to a nightstalker befits you perfectly." Theodore had preferred to refrain from using that particular term when discussing the vampires in the group. He had used it before of course, but it was a slip of the tongue rather than intentionally targeting them with intent of dehumanization. Something he regretted at the time. But if Aleister was intent to keep dehumanizing him, them perhaps he should stop pretenses of this discussion being anything more than a battle of egos at this point.

"I'm no priest, but have known enough to know you are a poor one. Keep your judgement and your hollow blessings, this conversation is over." He kept a relatively cool tone as he gave Aleister his final input. The scholar has had this argument before on both sides, but none of the people he argued with were infuriatingly arrogant as that vampire. He needed time alone. Something to get his mind away from the spat. A walk through the mire might be just what he needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back