• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
As Aleister prepared to heal the man, he heard the man whisper something. Or attempt to whisper something. He was so frail and weak, and was missing some of his teeth, so it was a little difficult to make out even for Aleister's enhanced vampiric hearing. "Who...W-Who are...Nevermind...H-Heal me as best...you c-can..." he said, between shallow breaths, "...And tell me how...y-you got in...if you brought h-horses...I can take one...and use the mountain pass to the n-north...to escape..." He rolled his eyes in their sockets to look upon Aleister. "...I-I heard that...bitch...tell the tall c-creature...about it. I can...I can u-use it." It was better than having to venture out and leave the others in the castle, really. "...Go...G-Go kill the D-Duke and that...fucking demon...o-once I'm gone..." he finally said, motioning to the doorway where Camille was standing with his finger.

Aleister listened closely as he placed his hands upon the Romanov's body, channeling some of the strongest healing magic he could. He told him the directions to get back outside, and where the horses would be.

"I would be weary traveling far from us by yourself, monsieur. There is no telling what minions may yet lurk in these dark woods and hills. Or any possible traps, of which we have encountered many," he explained. He paused to focus on the healing for a moment as it began to mend wounds and ease the worst of the pain. "You speak of a demon... who would that be? If you speak of the pureblood, Cassandra, we have slain her already. If there is another who has earned this moniker... please do tell. We have already encountered the nosferatu and will deal with it soon."

The Romanov groaned a little, before shifting as Aleister's healing magic sunk in. "His v-vessel is a b-blonde woman...scar on h-her mouth...wears all black." he said, looking back to Aleister. "...S-Sazak. He...H-He's the one that...found me in Vargård..." Vargård was a coastal town in Nivarden. "...The...The b-bastard killed everyone...t-then dragged me here...He gave me to...C-Cassandra and the Duke...as a g-gift."

As a few moments passed, Aleister's holy magic healed the Romanov enough that his speech sounded much better as well as his breathing. He spoke again as he looked up at the dark ceiling above. "I know what he wants...He's after that blasted ring. All of this...All of it is to get that ring...because he couldn't get it himself." He then looked back to Aleister, locking eyes with the priest. "...Don't let him get it. If he gets that ring...and the other relics...he could break the binding. Kill the bastard...as soon as you can."

Last edited:
In one of the upper levels of the castle, the sounds of rattling bones could be heard as metal tore through flesh. The leader of the revenants had stayed on orders of the knight captain, but Edmond had managed to talk to the undead Nivarden after saving Blair. He had convinced the revenant to fight with him, and so the undead warrior did. Fighting against the nosferatu knights. One of the corpses fell down from one of the upper balconies, through the hole that Wesley, Theodore, and Francis had made into the library. Crashing through a bookcase quite violently.

"...The trap maker is not here. I...saved her." said Edmond, whom had arrived on top of one of the bookcases. Gazing through the doorway into the hall where the trio were standing. He had the intention of joining the revenant as soon as he was done talking with the inquiry. "Theodore Boivin, Wesley Wilch, and...I'm afraid...I don't quite know your name, sir..." he said, looking to Francis. "...Your companions are on their way...I have already pointed the Huntress and the Priest to the Romanov's location." Another knight fell onto the roof above, as his head came rolling through the hole and bouncing off the bookcase Edmond was perched on. Edmond then squatted down, looking upon the three men. His eyes glowing and making him a little more intimidating than usual. "...You are all close to your objective, but I must ask...What moves you forward? Why...are you here?"

'Oh no, he's one of those.' Theodore closed his eyes and let out a slight sigh as he realized the nature of the question instantly.

"The answer is very simple." He looked upwards to the knight and had his hands crossed behind his back. "We are here to kill the duke. To end his plan before he plunges half the wold into a catastrophic war both for humanity and for whoever else inhabits it. I speak for myself, ser knight." a small hand motion to gesture towards Wesley and Francis "But I'm sure my companions will agree at least partially that that is good enough. I am an inquisitor of the order. My profession is to hunt and neutralize supernatural monsters that threaten innocents. The duke falls into that category purely for his actions alone." A brief pause was given to let Edmond know that he was finished giving his answer "Is that satisfactory to you?"

Camille straightened her stance as she kept watch on the doorway, thankful for the task as it spared her from witnessing the Romanov's gruesome condition. Yet she could hear the conversation taking place in its entirety, the mutters and utterances breaking apart the dead silence of the castle interior.

"I cannot say I am surprised that this was all orchestrated by the demon. Without knowing the extent of his plan to get the ring we cannot find holes in this grand scheme just yet." she stated, back still turned to them. It was true that she and Ethraeil had some sort of plan going to separate him from Valeria's body, and if it was successful it could throw off Sazak's ploy entitely. But there was no telling if it would work.

"Best to let him take one of out horses, Aleister. We cannot afford to spend time protecting him when Ashwood may make a move at any moment now."

"Who cares if he's "satisfied?" Francis interjected. He turned to Ser Edmond and pointed aggressively at him. "You don't need my name, freak. I'm here to help these Inquisitors because I hate you and your kind. The fact that you awaken every night to the life you lead and aren't compelled to throw yourselves down a deep, dark pit is all the evidence anyone needs that you're nothing but pure evil. If I had the strength and the means, I would kill every last one of you! That's all the explanation you're entitled to!" He gripped the handle of the large metal can on his back which contained his supply of the ultra-flammable resin mixture he had created in his shed over the previous summer. Its contents were under pressure from the denaturing of the chemicals within, and if the cap were removed, it would froth over and create an incredible fire hazard. Pulling the can around front, he calmly set his hand on the seal, but didn't open it. He would wait for the monster's approach.

Aleister wondered just how easily Valeria made that deal with Sazak to find the sword. Did she perhaps have more stake in things than she lead them to believe? Or did Sazak simply influence her in some dark way? It was bad business no matter what.

"We will do what is necessary, rest assured," he said, helping the Romanov up and to the door. He pointed out the directions to go again to make sure the man wouldn't get lost. "If you need a change of clothes, my travel bag is open to you. Good luck, monsieur."

The Romanov nodded, glancing to Aleister and Camille. "Call me Maksim. Maksim Volkov." said the scruffy man, with a nod. The trio descended the stairs, down through the bell tower, and back into the tunnel leading towards the dungeon. Once they arrived at the open archway they had came through before, Maksim looked to them once again. "Good luck to you." he said, brushing his long black hair out of his face and giving each of them a nod. He then turned and moved through the torture room, towards where Aleister and Camille had came through the wall at the back of the cage room. They watched the Romanov walk away, disappearing into the darkness, before turning and heading down the other tunnel to the right. They found that it lead to another set of stairs itself, far closer than the ones that lead up into the bell tower. As they ascended, they found more dead knights. Beheaded, just like the others.

Soon, after moving through other larger, abandoned rooms, they found a set of stairs leading up into the main hall of the keep. They emerged between the two grand staircases that Valeria and the others had ascended. They would, in turn, ascended one of the grand staircases themselves. They needed to hurry and link up with the others.

---
It wasn't very long before Maksim had found his way through the secret tunnel, stepping over deactivated bear traps along the way. He didn't have a light, so it was a big rough simply feeling his way along through the tunnel before reaching the ladder. Once he reached it, he climbed up and out of the hidden door behind the collapsed guard house. Once he was out of the hole, he stood there for a moment. Simply taking in the fresh air he had been deprived of in that gods forsaken dungeon and bell tower. He glanced up at the castle afterwards, before moving towards where the inquiry group had left their horses.

He decided to take Aleister up on his offer of clothing, as he was only wearing torn breeches. He found Aleister's horse, standing closest to the old fountain, and began to dig through the saddle bags. ...He really seems to like silky feeling clothing. As he pulled out a few shirts, he cocked his head as he looked at each of them. Maksim wasn't exactly the type to wear such clothes, but they'd have to work for now. Once he found some clothes that would work, he quickly got dressed and decided to grab one of the horses with the least amount of gear on it. As soon as he mounted up, he spun the horse around and darted down the village path towards the left side of the castle.

Once he passed the collapsed guard house again, he began to search for a cluster of dead trees that were clumped together around a narrow path between the rocks. He could fit through it with the horse, but it'd be kinda tight. After a minute of trotting about, he soon found it and disappeared into the tree cluster.

Edmond looked to Theodore, a gentle smile forming on his face as the small inquisitor spoke. He reminded him of his old dwarven companion Jotrud. A wonderful little man, much like Theodore, and an alchemist. "You seem...to be a man of duty...I can respect that, sire." But then this new individual spoke, spitting his hateful words filled with contempt. Edmond looked at the man, and his eyes gave a piercing, hateful glance. This man was a living representation of everything Edmond hated in mankind. "You...are why we do this." He pointed at Francis. "...You are...the reason this happens. You...disgusting little creature, your hate is what drove...countless races and subspecies...like mine against the human war machine." Edmond wanted to slay the pitiful man, but decided against it. He then glanced to the young man with them. Wesley. "...A young vampire, left in a crazy world...Be strong...Wesley Wilch."

He then pointed to the side. "You...are going the right way, but...there is a trap free shortcut. Take it...and soon you'll meet with Valeria and the others. I'm afraid the path to Joseph, my liege, is heavily trapped...but I have dealt with the lowly resistance." He then looked at the ceiling, the sounds of combat above in the upper levels of the castle continued. "...You are near the end of your journey, Inquisitors...The fate of many...depends on you..." And with that, Edmond jumped away from the trio, quickly disappearing into the shadows once more.

Camille said nothing as the Romanov left, conflicted as ever when it came to helping folk of his ilk. Even if he wws a terrible, murderous being (which she wasn't even so sure of in the first place), he was still tortured and slowly bled to feed a psychopath. Best to let him free, all the pain he has endured is more than enough a price to pay for her to forget him and hope he finds peace elsewhere.

"Come on, we have to get going." the huntress urged as she turned and started heading up the path, climbing the stairs at a brisk pace. Not sure where Valeria is at the moment, she forged ahead and hoped they would find each other soon.

Eventually, Valeria, Ethraeil, and Galina would locate Theodore, Francis, and Wesley. And soon enough, Aleister and Camille weren't far behind. Aleister and Camille explained that they found the Romanov and healed him, then sent him away to safety. Now they only had to worry about Edmond and the Duke. They moved down the hallway that they were all standing in, eventually locating some stairs leading upwards into the upper levels of the castle keep. The sounds of battle up ahead continued to grow louder and louder as they ascended, before eventually reaching a large room which appeared to be a dining hall for those in positions of power. Several knights lay dead throughout the hall. Slung against walls, smashed through tables, hung from their own swords from up on the wall itself. Most, if not all, had been beheaded. Edmond and the revenant leader had done their work rather thoroughly.

As the inquiry group entered the hall, they proceeded with caution. There were dim torches lighting the room, along with a few chandeliers above, but there were still several places where Edmond could hide.

It was remarkable seeing the handiwork of the nosferatu, and Aleister was glad - and surprised - they didn't have to fight it while split up in groups. What a strange mind it had. The Duke's gravitas attracted the most interesting, if not often deplorable, characters.

Once in the large hall, Aleister made another orb of illumination and willed it about the room to provide light as they advanced.

Keeping Edmond alive for the time being had certainly been a boon in the long run, but the Marquess could not let go of the atrocities he had committed mere days prior. Just how close were they to the Duke? If the nosferatu would ambush them to 'test' them like a lunatic of his calibre would, now was the time. The light Aleister provided helped, yet she still crept about the hall in search of the vampiric monster.

Last edited:
As the Inquiry group continued through the banquet hall, they soon reached the source of the battle. It was behind two large and old wooden doors which seemed to lead into sort of a courtyard area between sections of the upper keep. Suddenly, the corpse of a vampiric knight came crashing through the door. The battle was coming to a close from what they could see outside, as Edmond and his revenant companion stood against the remaining vampiric knights. The group witnessed the sheer brutality of the nosferatu they had been speaking with, as he cut through his enemies with ease and decapitated each of them. In another part of the courtyard, the revenant leader simply charged into his enemies, using his massive axe to slice them apart.

"TRAITOR!" shouted the Knight Captain. "After everything the Duke has done for you, you betray him!?" Edmond rushed towards the Captain, a nosferatu himself of respectable skill. "NO! He...betrayed ME! Three hundred years...of service! I was...his friend! I served loyally! I gave my own...flesh and blood for his cause! And he...dropped all of it because of that THING!" The two clashed blades, but eventually the older nosferatu knight sliced the knight captain's sword arm off. "I...will stop him after I slay the demon...Might the Gods take pity on...our souls!" he said, before grabbing the captain by the neck and violently ripping his head from his body. Edmond then tossed it aside, panting heavily.

He then looked to the spectating Inquiry group. The battle was over, and he and his revenant companion were staring at the group of hunters. "You...have arrived....Good..." he said, in a serene way. "This is it...You are near the end of your journey, ready to slay the evil doer." Edmond looked upon the group, his face forming another gentle smile. "...But I am afraid I cannot let Sazak continue." He pointed his finger at Valeria. "This...this wouldn't have happened if it...wasn't for that THING! There wouldn't be a Wallace, or an Archer, or those...fetid, evil doing twins! I wouldn't...have done what I had done in...the name of this cause..." Edmond looked down for a moment, before glancing back up to the Inquisitors. "...I am going to stop Joseph myself. But...I can't let that THING get the sword and the ring...Neither would I allow the evil church do it."

He looked to Theodore. "Your duty...is admirable, sir, but I know your kind. You'll handle the ring...archive its properties...and then let the church use it. Just like they have done in the past with older, less powerful artifacts..." He then looked at Camille and Aleister. "Huntress...your resolve, your passion...to protect the innocent, it reminds me of Joseph's younger self...You are brave, my lady...but you cannot comprehend what we vampires go through." He quickly turned to Aleister. "Priest, our people...continue to be slaughtered mercilessly. There's no betterment! Just...because some cities do not knock down our doors at night does not mean we...are not constantly being killed by the Church and the Vigilant Order! You might kill Joseph now, but this will continue....Just like they did to the Orcs..."

He then turned to Ethraeil. "You are younger than me...but you know as much as I do, Ethraeil....You saw the Age of Darkness, no...you FELT the Age of Darkness...as much as I did." The Nosferatu pulled out his elven charm, gently touching it. "Humanity...its slow descent into evil, you saw it with your own eyes! The death of the Dragons, the destruction of the Elves! The vanishing of the Dwarves! The GENOCIDE of the Orcs!" The knight was clearly agitated now. "Kings and queens torturing their people...Hate! Anger!...All hands of the darkness that grew through the ages before, culminating in an era of demons and death...If Sazak were to get the ring, he'll do this again Ethraeil. But this time...us creatures of the night will be gone. And humans...they'll kill each other mercilessly, like they've done in the recent years. Bathing the highlands red..."

Edmond started to calm down. He let out a heavy sigh, before looking up to the massive tower nearby behind him. The tower that Joseph was in, he could feel the strange flow of powerful energies growing from it. "...I ask you...all of you...we can kill the demon now, and kill Joseph before he masters the ring." He turned back to the Inquiry group. "...Regardless of what you choose, I will still...still die by your hands...and pay for what I have done...all of these years."

"All what I endured, all that which I suffered through was because of the abyssal filth like Sazak and his ilk." Ethraeil growled as he pulled out his phylactery. "A constant reminder of my failure, yet I am driven to continue this existence. Why? Because I believe in doing the right thing, no matter the cost. And the right thing here is simple. Kill the Duke and then kill Sazak. We have no time to waste, for each passing minute the Duke masters the ring a bit further. So if you truly care about doing the right thing you will let us pass before it will be impossible to stop him."

Ethraeil then stashed his phylactery back into his form and walked straight towards Edmond, stopping only a few feet away.

"Your move."

As Ser Edmond disappeared from sight, Francis stayed poised with his fuel can for a moment before hissing with suppressed laughter. "Do you hear that? The monster blames me, blames the whole human race for what he does. Give a vermin creature a brain and a mouth and suddenly it wants rights, it wants legitimacy, equality... But vermin need to be stamped out, entirely, or else they'll just breed and multiply, and get back to what they do: taking, consuming, defiling." He walked with the two men to relocate with the others, but continued to grumble quietly about the monster's warped perspective. "Maybe we humans did exterminate the other races, but I sure as hell don't lose any sleep for them. This world rightfully belongs to us."

He kept silent after reuniting with the group, as there were more important matters to attend to. They continued their trek toward the end of their journey, and soon found themselves witnesses to Ser Edmond's incredible power. The monster made his final appeal to the Inquisitors. Perhaps if Francis were another man, one who wasn't blinded by hatred to the core of his being, he would have seen the inescapable logic that the ancient knight was providing: if Valeria is killed before the Duke falls, then there is no risk of Sazak gaining what he so desperately desires. But if the Duke falls first, then everything falls on the Inquisitors to halt a much greater threat. A rational man would be swayed by the argument, or at least consider it. Instead...

"You die on our terms, you abhorrent, grotesque abomination. And I say we do it right now, just to shut that damned mouth of yours."

Witnessing only the last bit of the gruesome fight, Camille ran to the front of the group and pointed her rapier at Edmond once again as he made his plea. "If we could do this after killing Valeria we would have done so alrready." she calls out to him, all too happy to point out his delusion. "You will not lay down and die for us - I respect your choice to die with honor. Yet you still delay us in a mutual cause. Are you certain that I am the one with the pride issues?"

By Ethraeil's side she spreads her stance, retrieving a handful of quills as she eyed Edmond from across her blade.

"I cannot speak for the others, but a death for the likes of you will always be merciful. Fight as you did those ages ago, for the final time."

Theodore gave Wesley a concerned look as Francis was going off on a tirade. If the young vampire was sure he still wanted to serve the church, then these were going to be the people he has to defend. For the short man, they were a nuisance at worst. But for the boy, they posed a hidden danger. There was no doubt that Francis would rather see him in pieces. And he was far from being alone. He didn't have the time or will to make an argument as much as he though it would be better, only criticism.

"The only reason your kind hates non-humans is because you haven't found a reason to hate the rest of humanity yet." Theodore grumbled back "World belongs to us, he says. Decreed by whom? The gods? The elves said the same and now they are gone. Along with whatever resembled a civilization other than us. Dwarfs, gnomes, dragons and orcs. Gone to the sands of time. Save the supremacy talk to someone who would listen, Francis. I've had my fill of that naive grasping at destiny and fate for ten lifetimes."

Shortly after they were reunited with the rest of the inquiry. Another display of the vampire knight's martial prowess. Theodore had to admit. He was somewhat impressed. Not many can say that they decimated an entire garrison of vampires. But there was a fault with his plan.

"We simply can't afford another delay. Step aside and let us kill Joseph. Afterwards we can kill the demon." He rested his hand on his holster, knowing it was never that easy.

Wesley's hand slowly balled into a fist when he heard Francis's tirade about vermin and human dominance. Wesley considered what would happen if he'd swing a very mean punch to the old man beside them. luckily, Theodore intervened and gave his mind about what nonsense Francis was talking about. Wesley merely gave a nod to the Professor. as they kept going, Wesley thought about what Edmond said to him just before he went back to the shadows, "left in a crazy world... What an accurate way to describe it."

Once they reunited with the whole group, He saw the Nosferatu tear through the Vampire knight with ease. even with Edmond's good wishes for him in the future, he can't let Edmond throw a mess into the plan, "Although you said your good wishes to me, I've already made my promise to protect Humanity from the start. with each minute we dilly-dally, Joseph grows ever stronger as each minute passes. Edmond, please understand this." he placed his hand on the handle of his rapier, unsure when the action is ever going to start.

Last edited:
Aleister frowned at the nosferatu's words directed to him. The disrespect this creature had to lecture him on matters it knew little of, such as his own life and the things he had seen and accomplished. It thought of him as a child. While he found that he couldn't disagree with the fact that humanity would continue to be hostile... something that was a constant, painful reminder being in the presence of Francis and his obscenity... he couldn't abide by what the nosferatu was doing.

"The only path for your redemption will be through standing down, not going on with some dreadful fight because of pride. The honorable thing to do is to surrender yourself, please, sir," Aleister said, sending a side glance at Camille afterwards. Why that woman - why anyone - would urge on a fight now was beyond him. Damn pride, and everything else it touched.

He had his revolver in hand, but pointed at nothing. This would not be an easy fight and could very well put them below strength to take on the Duke. They did not need to do this; however, the nosferatu seemed too far gone to the poetic aspect of the situation to reasonably stand down.

Galina, who had taken up a position on one of the flanks, raised an eyebrow and glanced between the two groups. "Are we seriously about to do this? We're all commited to the same goal- perhaps we can save this fight for a later time?"

When Aleister spoke Galina nodded in a agreeing manner. She did however keep both of her hands on her rifle. Just in case.

Valeria simply stood there, looking around as the others quickly dismissed Edmond's request that they join him and kill her now in favor of quickly killing the Duke. Interesting inquiry you have, Witlock. If they weren't in such a hurry, you'd already be a dead woman. That must be nice to know.

Edmond looked to Ethraeil and his phylactery. The words of the lich were resonant in the nosferatu's head. Ignoring the words of the insane human supremacist, they were right in one thing. Their goal at the moment was the same. But as Edmond looked to every member of the Inquiry as they spoke, he couldn't help but looking back to Valeria. The poor woman that was now hosting HIM. Edmond grew quiet, even after Galina finished talking. After a whole minute, Edmond spoke again. He looked back to Ethraeil. "I...I can't...Ethraeil." Edmond showed his elven charm to the lich. "...Just like your phylactery, this amulet...that belonged to my husband...its a reminder of my biggest failure." He then looked to Camille and Aleister. "...This isn't about pride, children. What do I have to be proud of? Thousands...of stories are...nothing compared...to thousands of innocent lives taken away by blind loyalty."

"You...don't understand."
He then pointed to Valeria. "The tyrannical future Joseph promises...or the slow...genocide of the creatures of the night...is nothing compared to what Sazak has in mind." He looked to everyone, his face expressing actual fear. "We are...NOT talking of a common demon of the Abyss! NO...I am talking of an ICON OF SIN...that...creature...has caused some of the worst things to have ever happened to any living creature!" Edmond looked down to the ground as he paused. The silence between the nosferatu and the inquiry was only interrupted by a sudden flow of magic coming from the tower that vanished just as suddenly as it appeared. Joseph was still experimenting, and based on that surge and decay of power, he still had time to stop him.

"We still have enough time...good..." Edmond looked back to the ground again, his breathing becoming even more difficult and louder. "...But I understand why you're skeptical. Why you see...the flaw in my plan. But understand one thing...I cannot let you go through with that demon. I'll do...WHATEVER...it takes to kill that thing myself...it cannot...get...the ring." Edmond raised his head, and gave the Inquiry a genuine smile. "I...wish we had...met in different circumstances...Inquisitors. Maybe things...would have been different." Edmond looked to his side, to the revenant warrior that was still loyal to the knight. He gave the skeleton a smile. "...But so be it."

Edmond extended both his arms, and his large wings. The glow of his eyes grew stronger as he looked at the Inquiry. "Inquisitors! Be ready! The fate of thousands depends on this battle!"

Castle Ellisgate - Mid-Keep Courtyard - BOSS BATTLE
Ser Edmond of Sherida, Ancient Nivarden Revenant Leader

Ser Edmond of Sherida (Knight, Nosferatu) (Super Boss)

150 HP
Trait 1: Winged Fiend - When flying, does 3 DMG instead of 1 for attacks. More vulnerable to attacks when flying (players gain +2 chance to hit.)
Trait 2: Living Shield [Tier 2] - While on the ground, can use wings as shields. Auto rolls to avoid damage. Immune to Stuns.
Trait 3: Vampiric Knight - When focused on one opponent, damage stacks with each hit. Damage resets when changing targets.

Ancient Nivarden Revenant Leader (Revenant Warrior) (Boss)
75 HP
Trait 1: RAGNAROK - Does 3 DMG instead of 1, and always chooses a random target per attack. Enemy attacks do 3 DMG to Revenant Leader instead of 1. Holy Magic does 10 DMG against Revenant Leader.

Trait 2: Fatal Fury - When health drops below 20, +3 to damage dealt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back