• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter’s Inn || The Ruins of Bal’dak

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Hatkins, Stan ( Genii Genii )

Xenophon looked at the bandaging. It looks sufficient for something on the go. The Guild has a healer, right? One of the few I did not meet prior to departure. We are out too far to make it back before nightfall. It will do for now. Thankfully nature forged the minotaur to be a sturdy being. His only concern was if there were toxins. His durability could ward off completely or diminish toxic effects. What was nature's purpose of crafting a minotaur if they were easily injured or became sickly too readily. He did not want to press his luck though. "How about it Maestro? These water hag creatures are unknown to me, and I'm glad that they are disposed of, but are they poisonous?"

His bovine ears picked up a roar and Xenophon bolted up from the log like lightning, snapping back to alertness. "Sorry Stan" He helped steady the bard who might have lost his footing. He whispered, "Let us depart for refuge. Quick and silent." He felt shame for having to retreat but knew that it would be a greater shame if they continued on in their condition.

Stanford held back a scream. Perhaps he should have sweet-talked the guild’s blacksmith into loaning him some armour today. “Don’t worry about it.” He said as Xenophon caught him.

“Venomous, yes, but not fatal.” The Professor lifted the hem of his long cloak so he could hot-step it out of the swamp and head back in the direction they’d arrived. “This way.”

Stan cringed in sympathy as he hurried to keep up. He’d occasionally look Xen’s way, as if expecting him to turn green or break out in boils or something. “Hannah will have an antidote back at the guild, I’m sure.”

Xenophon yios Calix​

Interactions: Hatkins, Stan ( Genii Genii )

Xenophon looked at Stan and looked regarded the bard curiously, "Just checking. I don't want to accidently hurt you and our party be down one. I'm not as strong as my brother but I'm still a minotaur." How I miss Altair. His ears drooped and looked glum. He had another reason to be disheartened, "Maestro. I'm sorry the mission had not gone as desired. I hope you endeavor to try again later and would I would be honored to go with you." What had Xenophon hoped for? He knew that there were ups and downs with every mission. His father and his brother had told him enough for him to realize this truth. He recalled a diplomatic mission that was thought to be simple and routine, but a squall visited them which was usurped by a deluge. They lost a couple of horses and one guard had been struck by lightning. The Lady Carmina didn't look immaculate after a few days and she decided to wear plain cotton tunic and leather kilt, jewelry locked away, for the rest of the journey until they reached the end of their journey which was the capital city of Mirabeau. There, they were to have dinner with Chancellor West the evening of their arrival and the following day speak at the Symposium, which was what they called their legislative body.

Xenophon's nostrils prickled and he let out a forceful sneeze before asking Stan, "Hannah was one of the few I did not meet. Is the antidote a drink or a salve? Not that it matters. Just curious." Throughout his conversation with his companions, He did not specifically look at them. He was keeping one eye on them and one eye on their surroundings. Achoo! This one was with snot and plenty of it. He wiped it on his sleeve while they continued their regrettable retreat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back