• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter’s Inn || Holes

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Meg blinked, “For me? But I’m a…” She looked down at the small piece of cloth. It was so pretty. Was Ramirez’s that pretty? She hadn’t thought to check. In her hesitation, the veteran returned to check in on them. “It’s just…I’m sorry.” Why couldn’t she keep herself together? “I was going to give it back cleaned. I was. I just…

The hunter blinked as Meg stuttered and spluttered. "Hey everything is ok" he assured and pulled her gently into a muddy hug.

The half-born froze, shocked by his action. She’d been hugged before, by Cook, but it was rare. Her dam broke, and she burrowed her face into his shoulder, uncaring of his armor or the mud. The tears were a relief. She cried for herself. She cried for the monster. She just cried.

Percival gave Ramirez a concerned look. The battle had been quite tiring and stressful, so he assumed Meg was upset about that.

“… let’s go home.” He figured if he started calling the inn home it would eventually start to feel like one. “You can ride on Samira if you like? She’s very friendly.” Percival offered, still trying to cheer Meg up.

The farmer yelled something about turnips and pointed his cane at a few wooden crates beside the perimeter fence.

((We can yeet them on back to the Main Thread once everyone is ready. 😊 I have a family thing, but I’ll be back later in the day. 🎂 ))

((So...this definitely doesn't just make them go straight back. Sorry for dragging it out.))

Meg stepped back, wiping her eyes. “I’m sorry for being silly. I just didn’t expect it to sound so awful. Its shrieks just cut through me as if it were human.” Only once had she heard something similar, and it had been one of the beast folk. One getting beaten out on the streets by some gang. Outnumbered all he could do was take it. Shaking her head, she reminded herself that it was a monster. And it had been killing more than just potentially them. “Oh! We didn’t ask Giles if anyone was missing: unless you did Ramirez.

Managing a shaky, yet true smile, she answered Percival, “I would really like to meet her. She’s beautiful.” Hiding in the stables was her favorite place to rest, and she had gotten to know a wide variety of horses. She couldn’t keep that up at the guild--though the large lizard was cute in a terrifying way--but to meet the horse here would be a great distraction.

(( Gwenymoo Gwenymoo in case you didn't get the notification here either.))

Last edited:
“That’s not silly at all. I felt the same way when I learnt to hunt… the rabbits and deer weren’t exactly a threat to anyone either.” Percival admitted to Meg. He’d cried many times when out hunting with his Father.

“Never apologise for showing compassion. It means you have a good heart.” Percy reassured with a gentle smile.

While Meg took some time to collect herself he went to untether Samira. She was a very pretty horse, with a metallic brown/silver coat, long alert ears, and a tightly braided mane running down her neck. She looked very dignified as she trotted behind Percy.

Sam lowered her head to inspect the water mage, nostrils flaring as the animal cautiously had a sniff.

"I've sorted things out with him....might of been the farm hand we found.." he waved a hand and collected the boxes of turnips to load up on the land dragon who seemed un phased as she grazed on the grass. The hunter patted both Percy's n megs head, "hunts are never easy, I'm not the biggest fan of bringing an end to others but in this situation it couldn't be helped. At least it can no longer harm others."

A good heart. As if she wasn’t also part monster. The two of them didn’t make much sense. Was this…kindness normal in the guild? Meg didn’t trust it, but she craved it enough to not deny it.

When Percival returned with Samira, Meg gasped, a geniune grin lighting up her face. “Hello there,” She offered her palm to sniff, whispering, “I’m sorry I don’t have anything for you.” With a slow and careful hand she reached up to run her fingers over her coat. She’d never seen such a beautiful horse. As the hunt went on, she’d forgotten he was nobility, but this horse was, “fit for a knight.

Rameriz answered her question with a solemn answer. “Oh,” Meg whispered, a falling sensation running through her. A farm hand. Had Giles suspected he was gone because of the holes? Or had he been upset, assuming that the hand had skipped town? She felt stupid, for being upset with its death, and Ramirez’s head pat (which was somehow reassuring, her ears flickered in pleasure) woke her up. He was right, it was best that no one important…no one good…the right words escaped her, but no real person got hurt.

Percival agreed with Ramirez. It was sad, but the monster was going to hurt people - had hurt people, it needed to be stopped.

The horse’s lips gently nipped at Meg’s palm, looking for food.

If Percival wasn’t caked in mud, he might have been blushing. He was flattered that everyone kept mistaking him for a Knight. It wasn’t true of course.

“Well, the Knights have Destriers, but Sam is faster, and smarter… she’s um… very good at dressage.” A skill that probably wasn’t going to translate well to monster hunting.

Percy stepped back and gestured to one of Sam’s stirrups. “You take the saddle and I’ll lead her back to the Guild.”

Proof of his nobility, Percival said a long string of words, most of which made no sense. Des-treers? Dre-suage? The point of it was that Sam was even better than a knight’s horse. “A Prince then,” She was going to take this opportunity in front of her. The few times she’d been on a horse she’d transferred from the edge of the stall. It was much more awkward from the ground. She almost went over the other side, having to lean forward to grab Samira’s neck in a hug to avoid falling. “Sorry!” She squeaked into the braided mane. Carefully she pushed herself upright, her hands stretched out for balance.

Gwenymoo Gwenymoo Genii Genii

Percival chuckled at that, looking rather sheepish. “I suppose.”

He watched as Meg scrambled onto his horse and almost fall off the other side. Perhaps he should have given clearer instructions.

“Hold onto the saddle. You’ll be ok.” Percy said once the mage was settled. He gave Sam’s reins a gentle tug and led the way back to Colby and the Inn.

((Shall we move back to the main thread and have them arrive back at the inn? 😊 ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back