• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunters Inn || Find Fifi

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Urzoth groaned, allowing Kenai to be absorbed back into them. Glancing through the group, they asked, “Anyone hurt?” as they shifted their wheelchair into a more stable position. “Good swing Tobias.” Always praise the pup, then, “Thank you, Pestle. Would you like the head, Morgana?” To be honest, they didn’t want to carry it, but the necromancer seemed to have an expansion charm on her pockets. “I can take Fifi.” Or if he continues to act out, Akela would. Having been a pack mother, she knew how to deal with rowdy pups. Most animals knew to fear her.

Lost Echo Lost Echo
Morgana immediately handed Fifi over to Urzoth. "Why yes. I'd LOVE to take the head." She went to Pestle, gave him a kiss on the cheek and took the Leshen's head and inspected it.
Her snake settled down into a coil near her feet. Pestle occasionally stole glances at Fifi, tongue flickering inquisitively.

Urzoth took the dog with a smile, Akela sitting beside them. Holding it up by its ribcage, they allowed it to wiggle in place. "There, you've had a hard time haven't you." they crooned. Looking up to Tobias, they asked, "Can you take care of the deer? We can hang it at the guild." It occurred to them that maybe he didn't...usually do that. She wasn't sure how literal Akela meant. Deciding not to deal with that, they refocused on Fifi.

As Morgana turned the Leshen’s head over in her hands its short vine-like tendrils wriggled about like an upturned woodlouse. The Forest spirit wasn’t much of a threat now it was disconnected from the earth.

Callan got up with a tired groan, or maybe he’d just seen Morgana smooch her snake.

“Somethin’ bit me, n’ it wasn’t a wolf.” The Siren grumbled and scowled at the culprit - Fifi. The little pup had calmed down and relaxed in Urzoth’s hold now that the fighting was over.

“Ya did good.” Callan eventually praised Morgana and Tobias. “Most rookies’d’ve p*ssed ‘emselves seein’ that.” Then again, most rookies didn’t belch out fire or… whatever Morgana spewed up.

((Sorry for the delay. Super sleepy after a long day out. 😅🙈 ))

(Sorry for delay, rp nation wasnt sending me notifications >> )

Tobias purred at the praise and cleaned off his sword. "Is the dog ok?"

Morgana, with great enthusiasm, poked and prodded the Leshen's tendrils. She sprinkled the tiniest amount of dirt on them, and watched the thing go berserk, little thorned vine sprouts shooting from the small dirt clods.

"Wonderful..." Morgana sat down crosslegged and held the skull, removing some scalpels and pins from her satchel. She went to work, severing tendrils and putting them in vials. "This will have to do for now...but once I return to the inn, I shall be spending much time with this. I'm already coming up with wonderful ideas. Possibly for weaponization, not to mention the gains for my magic..." Morgana trailed off into gibberish as she kept severing bits here and there from the Leshen's skull.

Carefully turning the pup to face them, they carefully checked her face and ears. “Not bad all things considered,” Picking up each paw, they frowned at the condition of her claws and took to answering Tobias, “She scratched herself a bit; stepped on something with this paw,” As Fifi pulled it back, they shushed her, whispering, “I know, don’t worry, you can have it back.” Before returning her attention to Toby. “And a bit of a scratch on her stomach, but everything will heal well on its own, as long as Lady Longbottom keeps them clean and prevents Fifi from licking on them too much.

Looking back at the dead deer beside her, she asked the unoccupied rookie, “Toby, do you know how to field dress a deer?” She considered offering him to keep the offal, but if she was wrong about her assumption that he’d want it, she’d sound as crazy as Morgana. Speaking of, “You’d better not let that thing loose again. Here or at the guild.

"Oh thats good." Tobias seemed relieved the dog was in one piece, his ears pricked and he glanced to the deer on the ground "I dunno bout putting it in a dress, but I can skin em no problem."

And keep from puncturing the organs?” Humans were such wimpy creatures that doing so would make them sick if they ate any. As half-orc, Urzoth could eat the organs, but they still preferred things cooked.

"Uh i guess... normally I just shake the crud outta the guts first before I eat em." He shugged lifting up the buck to inspect it.

Last edited:
Morgana looked up at Urzoth from her work on the Leshen. "Who...me?" She looked puzzled "I wouldn't endanger our fellows intentionally. That would be a breach of the contract I signed."
She tightly bound up the Leshen head in a large burlap cloth. "I intend on working closely with Hannah on this study, between the both of us, I think we'll manage to proceed safely."

"Just don't do it near the meat. Colin cooks for humans." Since a majority of the guild at least had some human blood in them. Urzoth included, but they tried to ignore the weaker part of themself.

Focusing on Morgana, they replied, "It's the unintentional part I'm worried about." Still, it was a relief to see the head wrapped up, and she intended to include Hannah. Partly because they trusted the medic, having worked with herbs with her before, and partially because that way the medic couldn't be upset they'd offered the head to Morgana before her.

Starting to back up, Urzoth commented, "I'll take Fifi back to the path." She knew it would take her longer to cross the underbrush than the others. "Akela'll stay with whoever's staying." The wolf moved and sat down next to Tobias. Urzoth wasn't sure if Morgana was ready to go yet, but they hoped Callan was. Still, if they had to they'd grab him at the guild. They needed to talk.

Morgana finished packing up the Leshen."I'll be returning with you. Though possibly in a few days I'll be coming back out here. I'd like to make a survey of these woods, catalog what other kinds of magicks are present. Maybe find some pixies."

She hefted the bag containing the Leshen and prepared to follow Urzoth and Callan. "I don't want to risk this beauty taking root again."

Callan raised a brow overhearing Tobias’ dress comment. He put his sword away and got ready to head back to the path with Urzoth and the others.

“Better not be cursed…” The Siren muttered as Morgana wrapped up her prize. “Leshen’s are rare this side of the wall… probably worth a bob or two.”

“Let’s head back ter town… before anythin’ else tries to kill us.” Even if Leshen’s were rare, there were plenty of other monsters out here.

He got closer to Tobias, who appeared to be lifting a whole deer as if it weighed no more than a rag doll. “Ere… you didn’t ‘ave ter jump in front o’ me like yer did. I can look after m’self.”

Tobias slung the deer over his shoulder, "I'll give ya some when we get back." He promised to the ghost wolf before turning to look at Cal. "Oh, but uh...dat was like a lot of sharp stuff and I dunno if ya can fix ya self like I can." He waggled the once injured arm around as if it was new. "Do you like deer too?"

“… didn’t know that.” Callan watched the waggling arm. Even if Toby could heal unnaturally quick, he wasn’t about to let anyone get hurt for his sake. “Just don’t do it again. Can’t ‘ave people back at the guild sayin’ I hide behind rookies.”

“Hm… maybe if yer change the ‘d’ fer a ‘b’.” Callan muttered as they made it back to the main path.

They just had to hike back to the main road, then it would be a casual stroll back through the farmlands to get back to Colby.

The Crescent was in a very affluent district, with large houses and fancy looking shops. There were even troughs filled with pretty flowers here and there, and the residents were finely dressed. Some would shoot the Hunters judgemental looks, but they probably did this to anyone who didn’t look well-to-do.

Morgana wore Pestle like a boa throughout the streets of The Crescent. She returned any haughty looks with a turned up nose and her own judgemental glare.

At least if they followed they were less likely to get into trouble, Urzoth figured, while pushing their way through the underbrush. As the dirt platform shifted, constantly gaining and losing soil as it passed, they sighed. Maybe next time they’d just go with Akela, Marahute or Kenai, leaving their body at the guild. Shaking their head, knowing it was just fatigue getting to them, they brushed off the thoughts as the path came into sight.

It was a relief to reach its flatter surface. Since the others were following already, they started wheeling toward the town, agreeing with Callan to avoid anything else. The main road was even further a relief, her magic no longer draining as Akela dismissed herself. They would go running later. She knew Urzoth’s limits better than the orc did.

And then smooth cobblestones once more. Urzoth ignored all looks, haughty or otherwise. Once Fifi recognized the area (for obviously the dog enjoyed wandering) she started to squirm, wanting to get down. Urzoth merely grabbed the ribcage with one big hand, letting the down struggle without hurting itself.

Tobias shot back fare fiercer glares at those that would stare and mutter, making a show of hilding the stag one handed and resting his other on his blade. He wasnt worried about beating up a pompous bird or two if he needed too.

"... horrendous... riffraff... what ruffians..." A few tuts and insults were muttered, but Callan paid them no mind.

"What say we drop the Leshen in one o' these planters when we're done." The Siren said to his quest mates. It was a deadpan delivery, but the slight smirk on his face would suggest he was being sarcastic.

Eventually they reached the address that was posted in the quest details. It was a multi-storey town house, with fancy wooden window shutters and stone steps leading up to the front door. On the door was a metal door-knocker in the shape of Fifi's head.

"Somethin' tells me this is the place." Callan said as he stopped in front of the building.

Morgana frowned at Callan with puffed out cheeks. "No. It's mine!" She huffed at his joke about the Leshen head.
She tilted her head at the doorknob when they arrived. She glanced at Pestle;"I could immortalize you like this if you'd like." The python waggled it's head sideways, dangling eye wiggling to and fro.

Callan’s smirk only got bigger. He shook his head. “Don’t worry. Yer welcome to it.” He already had his hands full with Tobais, he wasn’t about to bring another monster back home.

“He’d make a good gargoyle.” The Siren suggested, before heading up the stone steps to rap on the door.

Last edited:
Fifi started barking, his tail wagging hard against Urzoth’s chest, but the half-orc easily kept him under control. “I like it.” They deadpanned, never changing their expression to show whether they were serious or not.

“Better not multiply…” Callan thought as Tobias mentioned the Leshen making friends. He gave Urzoth a pensive look when they mentioned they liked the door knocker.

A man peered through one of the windows, but quickly darted out of view again. Callan noticed, and when nobody answered the door, his polite knocks turned to loud impatient thumps.

“Alright, alright, goodness me!” The door opened and a finely dressed (human) gentleman stood in the doorway. He glanced at each of the hunters and grimaced as he spotted the little dog in Urzoth’s grasp.

“Oh no…” the man didn’t seem at all pleased to see Fifi. In fact, he looked really annoyed. The scruffy looking chihuahua yapped excitedly.

“Fifi?!” A woman’s shrill voice called from inside the house. It was as ear-piercing as the Leshen’s screams. A rotund lady, dressed in a flamingo pink ballgown, burst from the doorway and nearly flattened her doorman. “Out of the way Jeeves!” She snapped.

“Oh, Fifi - it is you! (Gasp!) Look at you, you’re so filthy. My poor baby.” The woman (presumably Lady Longbottom) took (or rather snatched) the little dog away from Urzoth and smothered the poor critter with kisses and hugs until it’s eyes bulged like Pestle’s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back