• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunters Inn || Cursed Village

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Cricket laughed “HAH! Well I dunno. Spider-Head might not be a looker, but I bet she’s one heck of a kiss-!” Cricket stopped short of saying kisser to flatten her ears and cringe at the nightmare she was crafting. “Ewwwwwwww. Ok. Y’know what? I’m stopping right there. That’s too much for ME.”

Last edited:
Anat chuckled at the conversation cricket and calixto were having, but cricket did infact make a point....what if the man hunter is more than JUST in the village and roaming. Thinking of calixto said, it was rather vomit inducing "dear gods, I really don't want to see a human figure with the head of a spider..." She said her thoughts being the better of the cleric as her mind crafted the abomination "imagen...mandible...poison saliva..ugh I don't want to imagen the kiss of such a beast. I rather kiss some ones rear befor that" the cleric wished not to say such vulgarity. Filtering herself from cursing even do she has done it befor: giving a example of holy representation was her best suit.

The woman sat on the gryphones back, seeing how thick the path seems to be coverd. Spooky and hope nothing would jump out. Even do cricket MIGHT be joking....hope the little dogfolk is....it did seem to keep Anat on edge. Not in fear but ready: her head shifting left and then right in occasions.

"imagen...mandible...poison saliva..ugh I don't want to imagen the kiss of such a beast. I rather kiss some ones rear befor that"
Crickets mouth contorted unpleasantly at the thought of a mandible kiss. “Yeeick!” She snarled. “Conversation’s making my lips tickle.” She licked them a few times and then scrapped her tongue off on her teeth.

Percival looked embarrassed by all the lusty spider-lady talk. “I would politely decline.” He had no idea how to kiss a regular person, never mind a spider-faced one. The teen shuddered as Anat described mandibles and saliva.

As the path began to grow thick in vegetation, being smacked a few times in the face by the branches and owls hooting in the night. She grew a bit wary, hours have passed. Looking over to Percy and seeing there horse seem to be growing tired, the trip has been rather long and maybe its best to take a break, maybe pre-prepare before reaching their destination and ready for anything that would come forth. Looking to the side over Calixto, the cleric cleared her throat and spoke "I think its best we take a small stop, we might have eaten but i am not sure of your mounts. With how the path is turning, Maybe a stop would be the best option. Maybe some of you need pre-preparation, we could do the same" The cleric stated, grabbing a branch and pulling it out and ripping it from the stem of the tree with anger. These dam branches. And even so, she needed to pre-prepare, doing upon the bumpy road and the constant interference with the vegetation will not be possible.

“A break sounds good.” Percival said, giving his tired horse a pat. In all honesty he’d benefit from a rest too.

Not too far from the overgrown path, the group of hunters would come across a clearing in the trees, with a small stream running through it.

Percival brought Samira to a stop and slid off her back with a soft thud. “Come on Sam.” He encouraged, leading her to the water to drink.

Break!.” Cricket agreed.

Upon hearing the babbling stream, Cricket grabbed her canteen from her pack, figuring it was a good time to top it off. Looking down from her 8 ft tall perch, she knew she wasn’t going to be able to JUMP down safely, but as fun as getting a lift was, there was something she always wanted to try: Keeping her banjo on her “just in case”, the little dog swung a leg over, scooted forward on her rump towards the end of Thunders, and with a smirk and a “Wheeeeeeee!”, proceeded to slide down the land dragons tail with legs on either side.

Last edited:
Percival smiled to himself as he watched Cricket lark about. He had to admit, his new guild companions were far from dull - nothing like his stoic attendants and tutors back home.

He tied Sam’s reins to a tree nearby and stifled a yawn. The teen was tired, but if the others were prepared to keep going he was prepared to push through it.

Calixto dismounts from Arhty's back, the griffin shaking himself to remove the branches and leaves entangled in his fur. Noticing his friend's slight issue, Calixto pulls out the twigs and plants, careful not to harm the white-coated beast. Luckily, the process didn't take long, and Arthy shrunk himself back down to knee height. "You're free to hunt and do griffin things. Be sure not to wander too far, Arthagus." In response, Arthagus mimicked the hoot of an owl before dashing off into the shrubbery. The man turns on his heels and goes to the center of the temporary camp. He takes a seat under a tree, letting out a tired sigh. He digs his hand into his back, pulls out a book, then conjures a ball of light to read it. "I guess we can go over what clues we have so far as to what happen. Whenever we reach the village, we can question the local women about what they witness and put the pieces of what we know and what they know together. It also gives us time to prep ourselves and have an advantage for what danger might happen during the mission."

The conjurer once dismounted looked around the place and seeming it all well and clear this was a perfect place where to camp for a while. Seeing cricket rather positive and light of the situation was all well and really gave one example of how many should be. With a smile the priest stretched out getting her muscles in motion once more as she walked over towards the clear space hearing Calixto. "True, but clues as far we know are the ones previously stated. But maybe, one of us could have some detail what could be. I am a zoologist and anything with animals....and i can tell you right now. There is no wild animal that is NOT supernatural, that only aims at men and leaves nothing behind." The priest stated, looking about for a small spot to sit. A rock out itself from the ground of a rather good size, it was not pure flat but would work for what she wanted to do.

Ana sat upon the rock and layed the small leather bag to the side as she open it and pulled what seem a small charcoal stick, ment for writing. Scraping it against the rock to get some edge and make its dark burnt material leave its stain. "But now, Supernatural stuff? Like ghost, or evil like demons or such? Sounds a lot more possible. I might be wrong but its hard to fathom some animal did this." The priest lastly stated as she began to scribe small symbols on her left arm, the somatic need of her summoning spells if she ever needs some help.

“Demons… I hope not.” Monsters were a worrying enough threat without bringing ghosts and demons into the picture. Percival hugged himself and gave his arms a rub to keep warm.

“What are those?” He asked, curious about the symbols that Anat was drawing.

______

Nearby, hearing distant voices and the sound of Arthy rushing through the bushes, something snorted awake…

After sliding off of thunders tail and making a stumbling landing, cricket trotted over to the creek and submerged her canteen into it.
He tied Sam’s reins to a tree nearby and stifled a yawn. The teen was tired,
Having topped it off, Cricket stood up and capped the canteen and turned around just in time to see Percy stretching hHis jaw. She had to yawn too. A big, loud, gaping one she didn’t even try to cover. “Ahww maaaahn. stahp daaaaaat…!” She whined in mock annoyance.
The conjurer once dismounted looked around the place and seeming it all well and clear this was a perfect place where to camp for a while. Seeing cricket rather positive and light of the situation was all well and really gave one example of how many should be. With a smile the priest stretched out getting her muscles in motion once more as she walked over towards the clear space hearing Calixto. "True, but clues as far we know are the ones previously stated. But maybe, one of us could have some detail what could be. I am a zoologist and anything with animals....and i can tell you right now. There is no wild animal that is NOT supernatural, that only aims at men and leaves nothing behind." The priest stated, looking about for a small spot to sit. A rock out itself from the ground of a rather good size, it was not pure flat but would work for what she wanted to do.

Ana sat upon the rock and layed the small leather bag to the side as she open it and pulled what seem a small charcoal stick, ment for writing. Scraping it against the rock to get some edge and make its dark burnt material leave its stain. "But now, Supernatural stuff? Like ghost, or evil like demons or such? Sounds a lot more possible. I might be wrong but it’s hard to fathom some animal did this." The priest lastly stated as she began to scribe small symbols on her left arm, the somatic need of her summoning spells if she ever needs some help.
“Sounds like we shoulda brought table salt…”. mumbled Cricket distractedly at the mention of demons and ghosts. She was ping-ponging around the clearing now, sniffing every bush and tree and getting the scoop. “…Toss over our shoulders or something…”
“Demons… I hope not.” Monsters were a worrying enough threat without bringing ghosts and demons into the picture. Percival hugged himself and gave his arms a rub to keep warm.

“What are those?” He asked, curious about the symbols that Anat was drawing.

______

Nearby, hearing distant voices and the sound of Arthy rushing through the bushes, something snorted awake…
When Percy said ‘what are those’, Cricket looked to see what he was talking about and saw Anat doodling on her arm. Curious, she padded right up beside her to give her arm to peak and inspect the woman’s activity. “OoOOOooh! You’re totally magicking up your arm right now, arent’cha?!” She asked excitedly, barging her nose in there and quickly sniffing the arm up and down. She was guessing one of those scribbles was a Rune of Ghost Punching or something. Cause that would be pretty cool.

As the priest chuckled at the small dog folks say over the fact they should have taken salt with them, it could sound a bit funny but in some cases could be useful. She has not used salt to evade beast or such in a way but, she heard how salt could help...Seeing her sniff around the clearing. Looking over towards Percy she smiled as she continued to slowly finish the runes, nearly done reaching from her shoulder to her hand and soon to cricket with her comment. "I guess you can say that cricket, yes in a way. Some of my summons can be a bit...rowdy...and such these runes will keep them under control when they are out....Its not they are evil or anything. Dam, even they know they are a problem. Its just they don't see the difference between good and bad and just smack the nearest thing. With these binds? that won't happen" The priest admitted soon finish. The black charcoal runes glowing a dull purple and soon vanish in a instance leaving no trace of them being there. But cricket with her magical prowess. she could smell and see them still there, just not visible.

"Don't worry i wont use them, its just in case things get a bit problematic i can be ready." Once done she looked around and wondered, "Not going to lie, i hope all this goes well, cant get my mind off the village"

Calixto was quiet while the priest spoke while his eyes were fixated on the book in his hands. His two-colored eyes read the text thoroughly. Steadily. His face detorts into disgust the more he kept reading. His lips twisted in displeasure while his eyes held disdain. He didn't interrupt the three's conversation, wanting to hear what the others had to say before adding his beliefs to the mix. He brings a hand to his hair, twirling the strand around his index finger. Randomly, he gives it a hard tug and holds the strand of hair between his fingers. "I'm afraid the conversation of demons may have brought it to reality." He closes the book, while the light ball above his head gradually dims. He pursed his lips, "Men are the only ones disappearing from the village, correct? The women and children left behind." He slowed his words, wanting everyone to catch on to what he was trying to say. "No traces were left behind of them, not to mention, none of them left evidence as to why they left." Cal's eyes were glowing, while the light ball faded out of existence. "I'm afraid what we're dealing with are beings of dark nature." Lazily he rolls his shoulders, a heavy sigh leaving him before he rises to his feet. "Great. I'll probably be targeted. No," he eyed Cricket suspiciously before turning to the rest, "I won't volunteer myself as bait."

───────────────

Meanwhile, Arthy was stalking a rabbit with his eyes concentrating on the prey in front of him. He wiggles his haunches a few times, before pouncing on the unsuspecting prey. The griffin kills it swiftly, but he was frozen in place when he heard something stir not far from his position. Being the curious thing that he is, the white griffin saunters in the direction of the noise, with the rabbit clamped between his beak.

“My apologies.” Percival said to Cricket, before immediately yawning again. He couldn’t help it.

“Do they ever… um… come out without your permission?” The teen asked Anat. After what she just said, he was now imagining little slime critters running amuck.

“Hopefully it won’t come to that-“ Percival said as Calixto expressed his reservations about being bait for whatever awaited them. “-but if it does, I’m prepared to do whatever it takes.”

_______

More unintelligible grunts could be heard as something large, hideous, and rather hairy, began to stir and thump its nearby companion. Trolls. And not the cute kind with rainbow hair and rosy cheeks.

The second one snarled in annoyance and returned the punch, but both suddenly paused to sniff the air, then grinned wickedly at one another. Supper time…

The grey-skinned goliath’s began to follow their noses - headed for the clearing where the group were resting. They caused small quakes as they trudged and carelessly felled any trees in their path.

1670402197859.jpeg

Last edited:
“My apologies.” Percival said to Cricket, before immediately yawning again. He couldn’t help it.
(Cricket yawned back again. “Awh ‘ay’…” she accused casually, her eyes watering up. “Naow yuh doohn ih’ o’ burpouse…”)
"I guess you can say that cricket, yes in a way. Some of my summons can be a bit...rowdy...and such these runes will keep them under control when they are out....It’s not they are evil or anything. Dam, even they know they are a problem. It’s just they don't see the difference between good and bad and just smack the nearest thing. With these binds? that won't happen"
Oh! Anat has monster or something locked up in her arm. Kewl. After hearing this Cricket looked at the lady’s arm doodles and said “Sup, fellas.”
The priest admitted soon finish. The black charcoal runes glowing a dull purple and soon vanish in a instance leaving no trace of them being there. But cricket with her magical prowess. she could smell and see them still there, just not visible.
Cricket watched closely, and the subsequent magical tingle that hit her nose made her sneeze. Regrettably, on Anat. But yeah, she thought she could still sense the marks there. Just faintly. She gave Anats arm another good sniff a good prodding with her finger, maybe expecting to see something change.
Calixto was quiet while the priest spoke while his eyes were fixated on the book in his hands. His two-colored eyes read the text thoroughly. Steadily. His face detorts into disgust the more he kept reading. His lips twisted in displeasure while his eyes held disdain. He didn't interrupt the three's conversation, wanting to hear what the others had to say before adding his beliefs to the mix. He brings a hand to his hair, twirling the strand around his index finger. Randomly, he gives it a hard tug and holds the strand of hair between his fingers. "I'm afraid the conversation of demons may have brought it to reality." He closes the book, while the light ball above his head gradually dims. He pursed his lips, "Men are the only ones disappearing from the village, correct? The women and children left behind." He slowed his words, wanting everyone to catch on to what he was trying to say. "No traces were left behind of them, not to mention, none of them left evidence as to why they left." Cal's eyes were glowing, while the light ball faded out of existence. "I'm afraid what we're dealing with are beings of dark nature." Lazily he rolls his shoulders, a heavy sigh leaving him before he rises to his feet. "Great. I'll probably be targeted. No," he eyed Cricket suspiciously before turning to the rest, "I won't volunteer myself as bait."
Cricket snorted in amusement at Cals declaration that he wouldn’t volunteer as bait for the Man Snatchers. “HEAR YE, HEAR YE!” Cricket anounced theatrically, imitating a town crier. “TALL BLOND MALE HUMAN GETS ABDUCTED FIRST! Last seen tempting fate, saying: “Well it sure ain’t gonna be me”. “ She gave Cal a criticizing look like he should have known better. “I mean come on, man! That’s how it happens in books!”
The grey-skinned goliath’s began to follow their noses - headed for the clearing where the group were resting. They caused small quakes as they trudged and carelessly felled any trees in their path.
Crickets ears perked and her head whipped around. “Woah! Guys!” She reached for her knife. “You hear that?!”

"Well, i would prefer is no one was bait as a matter a fact...." She stated knowing, that would be a dumb idea in many cases and could in fact get them killed in some way or another so best be more careful than ever. But she did agree: whatever is happening is of unknown nature and surely of evil nature, it can be natural in any way, shape or form. Soon looking towards Perci as he asked if they ever leave by their own accord, she shook her head and smiled. "No they can't leave, they basically need a password in order to be released. The only time one actually "Escaped" was when i inscribed my spell wrong. But themselves without my impute? Impossible...unless some one tampers with my book, then that's completely different story" Soon the conjurer was amused at cricket and smiled letting her as she seemed curious. But the temporary tattoo but, her head turn towards one direction. She could hear odd noises in the distance. Loud cracking of wood echoed. She stood up and slowly look towards the direction. "Hold that thought cricket...I hear it" She stated, seeing above the treeline a silhouette of sort, seeming to come closer.

This seemed to familiar, The grunts, the large loud thumping,body and trees being torn down. "We got Trolls!" Anat yelled as she has read about these beast, hungry bastards. Brutes of mind and hunger who followed senses and smell of anything that could be munched on. She looked Over at Calixto Starting to take a few steps back to have distance as she prepares, her book starting to float next to her and flip pages rapidly looking for a spell "Cali! Where is Arthy?!" stated, more so to know if everyone was accounted for and there little feathered friend is safe and not lost somewhere as Ana was not paying attention as she rune her arm.

The priest looking for her "Conjure Animal" spell, wishing to summon something of some semblance of equal size. She doubt it, but something bigger than a human would help. "I need a second!" she soon placed her left hand on the floating book, casting her spell but might take a second. As she did, her eyes drifted on to her group: Fight Or Flight?. Her conjured creatures could equal distraction as a combat companion.

Calixto held back a groan when he heard thundering footsteps coming their way, wishing that fate would give them all a blasted break. He got up from his spot, dusting himself off nonchalantly. His two-colored eyes illuminated the unsettling darkness of the forest. His brows furrowed in great annoyance, muttering slurs under his breath. "Good grief. Can I have one day where something or someone is trying to kill or embarrass me?!?" He loudly hissed, his eyes of daggers aiming at the approaching threat. Calixto lets out two whistles, a call to lure in his griffin companion. He listens closely while ignoring the trolls' rude intrusion, perking up as he hears his feathered friend let out the loudest squawk he could muster. Hearing Anat declare her worry for Arthagus, he gives her a thumbs up, "He's fine, Anat. He knows better than to-," just then, he sees the familiar white-coated griffin leap from the bushes and towards the trolls, "-oh come on!" He scoffs in disbelief, conjuring a ball of blinding light and hurling it at the trolls. Watching at Arthy angrily nipped at their ankles to steer them away. His focus shifted to Anat, giving a nod of his head, "I'll provide support."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back