• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunters guild ooc

Main
Here
Lore
Here
Right, I figured as much.
I guess I mean more like if Phor, for example, says a bunch of stuff to the group. Then Magoo wants to interact immediately by asking an important question. Then PHOR has to wait for one more post to respond, but another character RPs in a way that makes it impossible for Phor to answer that question without the timeline not making sense?

I.E.
PHOR: blah blah blah
MAGOO: Magoo listenes intently but becomes confused. When Phor is done, Magoo asks "What do you mean by BLAH?"
CHARACTER 3: I leave my room, walk down the stairs, and enter the hall. Phor starts talking a lot. I wait for him to finish and then yell "We have to get going!" grab Phor and run out the door screaming.
PHOR: ...

NOW we have two conflicting events trying to occupy the same moment and Phor can't respond without one or the other scenario not making sense.

(obviously this example is nonsense, but it gets the idea across)
Character 3 shouldn’t ever control phor, I’ve told character 3 at least twice that as gm I’m the only one who moves plot or controls characters.

But to answer your question I assume when everyone’s character is in the same place they will try hard not to exclude people

That is fair!

And, I KNOW about character 3. They are driving me nuts too lol.
I think we used to call that kind of action "God-moding" and it was a big issue back when forum RPs first got popular.

Oh, yeah...awesome intro BTW, the Orcs are gonna be fun to deal with.

How many haven't joined in yet? Magoo gets impatient/restless when he isn't keeping busy because the spirits mess with him nonstop. I don't want to flood the thread with his nonsense unless you others feel we have a bit to wait before anyone else gets their posts in. That way we can have a little character building between those present while they are waiting.
Thoughts?

How many haven't joined in yet? Magoo gets impatient/restless when he isn't keeping busy because the spirits mess with him nonstop. I don't want to flood the thread with his nonsense unless you others feel we have a bit to wait before anyone else gets their posts in. That way we can have a little character building between those present while they are waiting.
Thoughts?
How about we make the post order
you, 1, 2, 3, you
(You means whoever is reading this post I’m not pointing out anyone)

That way everyone has a chance to contribute and it isn’t just Magoo talking to himself aha

While the general rule is try to post two or three times a week others can post as they like as long as they keep to the order and don’t progress plots as in go hunting questing when the gm hasn’t issued choices etc

fair enough lol.
I would definitely not just post a bunch of him in his own head, btw. He would be interacting with the others. He doesn't know much about anyone yet and thinks conversation would help him focus. Plus he hasn't really been on a team so he has doubts about going into a dangerous situation without knowing his allies better.

For the moment he is content to hang back and observe from where he is leaning haha.

sorry i havent posted yet, ive been a bit busy, im gonna get some SCHLEEP and then slide in that sick post

Sounds like a plan...
The Schleepin Plan *ba-dum-tss*
Get it...? Schlieffen...?
I’ll see myself out.

Just a heads up I work today and am a bit busier this week but tonight at some point and tomorrow I should be much more free to bang out posts...

If most of us could be active tomorrow we can speed through some posts,
Whose with me!
20190602_202316.jpg
"Creativity is back on the menu boys!" = me

20190813_080349.jpg
"Woo yea fuck yea yaay woo hooray!" = you guys if you have time when I do

Aha

I wanted to make some sort of joke with this so ill now subject anyone who reads this thread to my attempts on the spot aha
Read a single line and then look at the picture.

"using any tomato sauce on any food-"

"Buying video game products from soulja boi-"

"Preferring other Pringles to the original kind-"

"Falling in love is..."

"This is you if you inject one marijuana into your system, you act..."
20190813_200927.jpg

I wanted to make some sort of joke with this so ill now subject anyone who reads this thread to my attempts on the spot aha
Read a single line and then look at the picture.

"using any tomato sauce on any food-"

"Buying video game products from soulja boi-"

"Preferring other Pringles to the original kind-"

"Falling in love is..."

"This is you if you inject one marijuana into your system, you act..."
View attachment 614610
Ah, a fresh meme. xD very nice! 👏

Thanks to Ayred’s convenient elf mana I shall move the plot along in about five or seven hours after work.
If you’re character wishes to gather shit or say inspired words you have that long to do so before I throw each character bar two
Into situations

From this point in the rp I’d like to mention a rule, if you go a week without posting or giving some sort of notice you offer the right for me to control the character.

And depending on what’s up in the rp, how I’m feeling in real or if I beat the family of gimps next door or not that day...
I might play your character adequately or they will miss each “quick time event” and be put in a coma until you return. If someone can save their comatose body.

TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Juju Juju

seasonedcat seasonedcat this threat doesn’t really apply to your character as you haven’t posted yet it can be implied she is hibernating. So I can’t really put them into a coma....

Ayred will be the best Hall Monitor 🤣
She can magically buff or hinder members for being on time or not aha

I also find humour in the fact the elf of 100 years or more has anime high school girl goals lol

Honestly I kind of want to wrap the first arc up cause the second arc allows me to give the cat the much needed character he deserves.

Depending on the first arc a plot for each character will open.

(If your characters plot didn’t open that time you’ll get next time- that said if you have a idea for a arc you don’t mind twisting into my own lore and world hit me up to discuss and plan)

Honestly I kind of want to wrap the first arc up cause the second arc allows me to give the cat the much needed character he deserves.

Depending on the first arc a plot for each character will open.

(If your characters plot didn’t open that time you’ll get next time- that said if you have a idea for a arc you don’t mind twisting into my own lore and world hit me up to discuss and plan)
oooh, i'm hyped!

For this trial: Magoo is a distance fighter that would prefer to lure enemies into various traps with illusions. He is great with staff combat, but If he has to deal with more than 6 or 7 at once in close combat he will be in trouble and need to find a way to get some distance back.

Would any of your characters like to team up to take out some large groups together?
For example, Magoo can hide traps you set with his illusions, make a bunch of them walk over a pit they think is solid ground, or even create a momentary fake general orc to misdirect the others as a distraction, etc.

TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Juju Juju NeonFlow NeonFlow

UPDATE: I just read Vera's post and had an idea.
Magoo can potwntially create the illusion of silence inside the chief's house while they take out the orcs inside. That way we avoid alerting the guards outaide. we would have a central base of covert operations. Magoo can then maintain an illusory version of the orcs inside. Magoo is worried anyone running through town killing orcs with reckless abandon will draw the full army back together and cause unecessary chaotic variables.

TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Juju Juju NeonFlow NeonFlow

From this point in the rp I’d like to mention a rule, if you go a week without posting or giving some sort of notice you offer the right for me to control the character.

And depending on what’s up in the rp, how I’m feeling in real or if I beat the family of gimps next door or not that day...
I might play your character adequately or they will miss each “quick time event” and be put in a coma until you return. If someone can save their comatose body.

TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Kirby3178 Kirby3178 Juju Juju

seasonedcat seasonedcat this threat doesn’t really apply to your character as you haven’t posted yet it can be implied she is hibernating. So I can’t really put them into a coma....
AHHH IM REPLYING TODAY I SWEAR

UPDATE: I just read Vera's post and had an idea.
Magoo can potwntially create the illusion of silence inside the chief's house while they take out the orcs inside. That way we avoid alerting the guards outaide. we would have a central base of covert operations. Magoo can then maintain an illusory version of the orcs inside. Magoo is worried anyone running through town killing orcs with reckless abandon will draw the full army back together and cause unecessary chaotic variables.

I Like your ideas but I'll tell you now if you make a orc general illusion you must sound convincing with your orders, otherwise any orcs will ignore or belittle them. Orcs have rankings and names etc aha

That said I’ve no problem with a character killing a orc or two singular but please write actions against crowds and named orcs as attempts as I will control the enemies actions and reactions.
Your actions succeed on a number of things I add up in my head which can be lots of things but to easily put it.

How clear and descriptive said attempts are written,
Your character’s skill,
The enemy’s skills/immunity’s/resistances

TheGuide TheGuide Goonfire Goonfire MindWackMagoo MindWackMagoo Kirby3178 Kirby3178 seasonedcat seasonedcat Juju Juju MidnightStar MidnightStar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back