• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Hunters and the Hunt: Survival Unleashed {Always Open}

Eccentric_Undead

Oddity is the mother of creation. Be weird.
The chambers were filled with dissonant whispers. It drove the being mad. Why must these words never stop? Why must this world and all others continue to beg it to save them from the disasters they created? Countless worlds have been made, countless different paths had been taken, but not one had obtained or even gotten close to the original vision, the perfect utopia. These worlds, the ones that surrounded the being upon it's cosmic throne, like shadows and memories, they were all failures. Every version of the world that the being had created turned out differently. Raising its cosmic hands through the void it called home, shooing away another failed planet and another failed species. The being couldn't understand why it kept failing. It had given each civilization exactly what it needed to survive. Magic, technology, intelligence and so much more. Each species was perfectly designed for their own planet. Why does that fail?

It was then that the being understood. Finally a solution! He had given each and every one of these civilizations and species exactly what they needed to survive in the world it created for them. What he needed to do was give them nothing. It left instructions for each civilization and race, but they always turned it into something like religion or cult. They never truly understood the words it was trying to teach them. This time, it would not give them the opportunity. This time, they would have to learn to work together.

Finally rising from its throne, it began its work. It collected each planet it had ever created and populated, making sure it had easy access to all of them. It's cosmic hands moved through the void, seamlessly grabbing everything it needed. Slowly the a new planet was being formed right in front of it. Another life-filled world to capture the void. With each wonderful move, the planet was filled with a new form of life, no, improved forms of life. This being would create the most dangerous world it had ever created. Populated with refined versions of things from other planets. Making sure to take some from each planet, in order to make sure that they all had to work together in order to survive. It placed dungeons, ruined cities, fallen temples, wandering animals of all shapes and sizes and even feral machines. This was to be its magnum opus. The most Savage world would become the Utopia it was seeking to create. Finally, it placed the clues to finding itself. Only by working together could they hope to complete this task. Only by working together could they meet the creator of all.

Finally, it stopped. Looking upon this wonderful creation. The perfect amalgamation of every planet it had ever created. All would be well. This time, it knew they would do wonders and make it to his prophesied finally. With the stage in place, now it only needed to populate the show. To give the trial it's contestants. Searching through all of its vast knowledge of the world that had been created. What sort of person could survive such a Savage world? What type of mortal being could possibly handle it? Throughout all of the species and wonderful sentient life it had created, there was one that always survived greater. One that always had the skills that would be needed. Throughout time in memoriam, hunters had always been more fit than any other. Having the skills to survive and provide for themselves. They were the perfect test subjects for this new creation.

It turned its eye to each planet, taking the ones that it considered the best subjects. Hunters of great renowned. Some hunt animals, others hunt things of their own species. It did not matter what hunt they partook in, they were the best at what they did. One by one it placed the population, smiling down at this game he had created, wondering how it would turn out. It was in this moment he knew what to call this world. A name that would strike true through the void, one that every world in the cosmos would burn into their memory. This was Bedlam.

Okay, so let me tell you the basic rundown of what I'm thinking. I want to do an open world. One where you can play anything you want. You can come from any world you want. If you want to be from a world with advanced science, make sure you know how to explain what that laser does.

If you want to be from a world with magic, then I guess you're throwing spells. I don't care what you do or what world you say it comes from. All I ask is that your character be some sort of Hunter. Do some research and figure out viable hunting tactics. The only requirement is that your character is a hunter of some kind. Whether they hunt for sport, for work or for anything else. They are a hunter. Keep in mind that the definition of Hunter can be loose. Bounty hunters, police and any other thing so long as you can roughly translate it to hunting.

This open world is filled with ruins from different worlds, dungeons filled with all sorts of monsters from any given number of worlds. Feral robots roam the plains next to dinosaurs and dragons. Ruins of cities long past and long in the future coat the world. Oceans are vast and deep and not even rivers are safe. Basically, it's a survivalists daydream. Keep in mind, this does mean that I will be taking things from your backstory and applying them where they need to be. I do have a base world setup, but I will be populating it with ideas from your character's worlds.

Ask me any question you want, I will answer it as best as I can. Depending on how popular this gets, I may open a discord channel.

If anyone wants to help me run this and spread the word, please PM me and send a writing sample. We will discuss then.

Here is what I expect.
- At least 2 paragraphs per post. I care a lot more about quality than I do quantity. However, you will not hear me complain if you give me a long post.

- Be kind and respectful. Just because you do not like a character's choices or a player's choices regarding that character, it does not give you the right to be rude to others. Respect others, respect others boundaries.

- Romance is allowed and even encouraged, but do not try to make it the central focus point of RP.

- I don't need to tell you this, but all RPNation rules apply.

- I would like at least one post every 3 days. I understand that life happens and if you just let me know, I will waive the rule. You can even ask to be put on pause and I will give some massive reason as to why your character isn't in action right now. Your spot will be held for as long as it takes.

- Have fun with it! This is the world to go crazy in. However, keep in mind that you cannot reach the end goal without anybody else. This is not a world where people can survive on their own. You will need allies.

- When I said you could be literally anything you wanted to be, I was not playing. So long as it's some sort of sentient being, then you are set. However, you need to be aware that this is a survival game. I'm looking at the tactics you bring in. I'm looking at the way you approach a situation. I'm looking at how well your loadout matches up with what you're trying to kill or what you're trying to do. There are real consequences in this world. So you need to prepare.

This is a daunting task. For both players and me. This is a massive world filled with secrets. An absolute wonderland of ruins from different worlds, dungeons that dive deep and killer creatures. No one build is going to keep you completely safe in this world. No one tactic is going to work. It's up to you guys to find a way to get out of this world and find the Creator. Trust me, it's not an easy task.

Come challenge my world if you dare.

Would a job hunter be viable? If not, would a cat be viable?
I must admit those are two concepts that I did not anticipate. However, you are well within the rules and yes. If you can make either one of those survivable in this world, you're free to use them.

Cats are among the most efficient hunters in our conceivable universe, I would be surprised if they couldn't survive past the first few dungeons. A regular person though might be harder to justify, but it'd be fun to try.

Cats are among the most efficient hunters in our conceivable universe, I would be surprised if they couldn't survive past the first few dungeons. A regular person though might be harder to justify, but it'd be fun to try.
Fair Point. Hopefully this takes off so I can see that.

I have an idea for a pair of twins (Ex twins i guess.) that basically were adventurers from a fantasy world. Hunting down monsters and items was their bread and butter. One uses magic, the other has become a magical aberration through very unfortunate circumstances. Does this fit your theme? I can message you the details if youd like. Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead

I have an idea for a pair of twins (Ex twins i guess.) that basically were adventurers from a fantasy world. Hunting down monsters and items was their bread and butter. One uses magic, the other has become a magical aberration through very unfortunate circumstances. Does this fit your theme? I can message you the details if youd like. Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead
That sounds super sad. If you want to send me the details, feel free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back