• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hunter X Hunter: The Fruit of The World Tree

BlacklegSanji

Cook of the Thousand Sunny
In this world, Everyone has something they want or desire more than anything. Some people want fortune, some want fame, some even wish to look for ways to end the worlds suffering, or bring new terrors to the world. What ever people desire there are limits to what most of them can do them selves, so they hire Hunters, elite hunts-men and women who have trained in the ways of Hunting, whether it be to hunt down a rare gem or to track down a missing person, hunters take on all sorts of jobs. Lately the number of people taking the hunters exam has skyrocketed to the point where the Examination board has had to deny hundreds of applications each year. While large hunter groups and agencies are common many hunters prefer to hunt for their own personal wishes, wanting to find the thing they desire the most.

Rumors have been circling for a couple years now, about a wish granting item with the power to grant the person who finds it with anything that they desire, nothing was out of reach with these items. People raced to find it wanting immortality, to bring someone back from the dead, wanting infinite wealth, and so on, but a item so rare and so desired by everyone isn't going to be so easy to find, even if it should exist. Even triple star hunters, who are the best in the business, have no idea where to begin looking for the item, but they have found ancient and historical documents and carvings of the item, so they know its real. Everyone in the world is after the item, knowing it will lead them to what they truly want, so what is it that you desire?

This is a Hunter X Hunter Au role play which will take place over the course of many arcs. The Plan for this roleplay is that the characters will be going through certain main arcs in which all the characters will be led to certain places in search of the wish granting fruit, and free arcs in which the characters will be given free time as sorts to do jobs and basically have more of a free roam, non railroaded sort of experience. I aim to make this a casual sort of roleplay, I'm not too worried about the detail of posts, but I dont want any one liners or small, bland posts, so I'm not saying that its a requirement but if you cant write at least 2 paragraphs you may have trouble keeping up with some of the posts. I would also like to make this a fairly active roleplay, so I will try to have a gm post out at least once per week/ week and a half. I will also be needing a few gm's for story management (especially in free arcs) and player management and such. Also I haven't finished the series my self, I'm hoping to have at least finished all of the 2011 anime before we start. Any questions about possible character concepts and such can be directed to me through pm, time wise this roleplay will likely start right after the hunters exam with all your characters having passed, so your characters would likely just be learning nen, which will allow for more character growth.

OMG i was really thinking about opening a thread for a H x H rp. I would like to take a shot at this.
But i would like to suggest the Hunter exam as the first introduction to our characters. And they all may or may not pass.

I'm definitely interested. I've been watching the 2011 version since Gon first left the island, and I haven't been disappointed since. Even during the latter half of the chimera ant arc i wasn't let down, just a little sad.

ABetterNickname ABetterNickname I was thinking about it, though I figured the hunter exam arc would be redundant if I wanted everyone to pass as this roleplay is mainly about the actually hunting aspect of hunter x hunter and finding what someone desires, so basically I would like to have everyone pass the exam unless their characters didn't want go take it, that and if I do a hunters exam and the tasks I give players ending up being long and boring it would end the roleplay before it even started

Also Jason Jason I'm about halfway through the chimera ant arc, and it's great so far

I'd be down for a Hunter X Hunter RP. I haven't quite watched all the episodes myself yet, so I'm glad that I probably won't be spoiled too much considering you haven't either.

I am on episode 118, so I'm soon there and I know what happens towards the end of the arc due to spoilers from friends and from playing jump force and seeing Gon and Killua's ultimate's

Sorry, I've been a little busy this week. I'm going to get started on my CS now, but I might need a day to think up a good Nen ability, so until then it'll just be work in progress.

BlacklegSanji BlacklegSanji Finally finished up my CS. Let me know what you think when you've got the time. I'm a bit worried that Ryou's Nen ability is too much like Luffy's Gear Second from One Piece, but I couldn't think of anything else that I could do to make his Enhancer ability interesting.

lol the problem with that is, I don't feel like I'm smart enough myself to know how to play a genius character. Plus, it doesn't really fit into Ryou's character. He received private tutoring from a young age, but it was mostly in one ear and out the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back