• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [Hunter] Messageboard Chronicle

Hey guys, I saw you were still keeping this going. I'm still dealing with depression and school, but I'm happy it didn't die. maybe i'll be able to get involved again someday.

Perception roll:

Wits: 2

Composure: 2

Additional: +1 Bonus

[dice]21408[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
@SidheLives

I was going to roll a Stealth skill check (stealth using concealment, Dex + Stealth + environment/equipment), but I didn't know what my modifiers were. Night, distance, and whatever sort of concealment (cars, dumpsters, mailboxes, poles, lights, trashcans, etc) are a factor, along with dark clothing and non-loud shoes (clothing with appropriate shoes is typically +1 bonus unless it's like a shinobi shozoku with tabi, which wouldn't be applicable here). I wanted to get your input instead of making assumptions on the roll. If my opponents are actively looking, and are using night-vision, thermals, or vampire-powers, I'm right fucked anyway.

I didn't write forward past the car to the house yet, as I didn't want to move the plot too far ahead on assumption, but if it's uneventful to this point, Arthur will simply try to find a route that will allow him to sneak up to the side of the house, while avoiding being seen from the windows, and avoiding the front door. If he gets there, he will cautiously peek in the window.

EDIT: Got some clarification on the stealth roll up to the car via a phone call. Will proceed:

Stealth: 0

Dexterity: 2

Other modifiers:

Unskilled: -1

Dark Clothing: +1

Environment: Night: +1, Light Concealment: +1

[dice]21586[/dice]

[dice]21587[/dice]

[dice]21588[/dice]

Rolling for computer research on locating the residence and business of my target Arthur Camden. This is an extended research test will put them all on here.

[dice]21628[/dice]

[dice]21629[/dice]

[dice]21630[/dice]

Only used 1 interval extended test and got 5 success which is an exceptional success, and grants a beat. This should be enough but let me know if you would like me to continue.

Doing another perception test since Arthur is actually at the house now, and listening for voices, movement, or anything else. Also going to assume this counts towards the visual part too, unless you want me to roll a second one, but that seems excessive.

Wits: 3

Composure: 3

Other modifiers:

Trained Observer Merit

Environment: Night: -1

[dice]21884[/dice]

[dice]21885[/dice]

Good lord I am bad at this. At least I got one. Worst. Investigator. Ever.

Private%20Eye%20joke.jpg

Rolling another perception test as requested by @SidheLives via text.

Other modifiers:

Trained Observer Merit

[dice]22091[/dice]

[dice]22092[/dice]

Going to do another perception test, looking for threats, persons, or other notable clues in the West's living room. Also keeping an ear out for any noise changes, especially coming from upstairs.

Other modifiers:

Trained Observer Merit

[dice]22202[/dice]

[dice]22203[/dice]

Rolling yet another perception test (not sight based) as requested.

Other modifiers:

Trained Observer Merit

[dice]22471[/dice]

Rolling a perception test for looking into the West's living room. I'm hoping I get this one, since I botched the one looking for clues in the kitchen.

Other modifiers:

Trained Observer Merit

[dice]22474[/dice]

[dice]22475[/dice]

Maybe you're already dead now and this is all just a strange god's version of cosmic justice...

...or maybe not.

Damn, nearly gave the plot away there.

While I would normally have Arthur just take a picture of the pictures of the West's with his phone, or even just borrow one of the pictures in the living room, that could be used against him later by the police or whomever, if things here went bad. It would directly place him at the scene, or in possession of stolen property, or whatever.

Anyhow, I'm going to have him roll a commit to memory test instead.

Intelligence: 2

Other modifiers:

None

[dice]22678[/dice]

As requested via text message, here is a Stealth roll for Arthur:

Stealth: 0

Applicable Modifiers: Unskilled: -1, Willpower: +3

Note: Did not factor in dark clothing, or that it is a really dark environment. This might add one or two dice if needed.

[dice]23100[/dice]

Opposing Roll:

Other modifiers:

None

[dice]23179[/dice]

I'm assuming I don't need to make a second stealth roll this soon?

EDIT: Edited my original post. Going to roll yet another perception test to pinpoint the source of sound.

Applicable Merits: Trained Observer

[dice]23256[/dice]

[dice]23257[/dice]

Rolling for perception test +2

Wits = 3

composure = 3

trained observer

[dice]24098[/dice]

[dice]24099[/dice]