2019 Writing Event hunted- an excerpt

dimensional

thor's favorite
Pain shout out in a radial direction from his Right shoulder blade to the tips of that hand. He let out a guttural roar that blasted out into the quietness of the gardens. He quickly analyzed what was going on. His leg was completely ragged, mangled from the multiple stabs to his joints. A chain hung from his back, embedded into it by a rough-worked spearhead. Leoric weighed his options silently in his head while grabbing the chain. He quickly reversed his step and pulled the long-chain, which should have resulted in its owner careening toward him. It felt as if he was moving the Earth himself, but the Old One raised an eyebrow at the strength of his attacker.

"I don't know who you are or how you got here," The vampire cracked his neck as he neared his new prey, "But you will learn respect," Leoric said with a keen-edged coldness. This person would be ground into the dirt when he was done with them. The vampire tried to pull the spear from his back but felt it dig further as his attempted. Leoric looked upon his attacker with venomous hatred. "Who exactly are you, you snake?" he asked, growing angrier as the seconds passed by.
--

"Please, for the love of God..." Lucifer huffed as he finally made it to the Gardens. He looked and saw a young girl, dressed in a delicate green gown. Her expression conveyed only fear and yet she seemed frozen in place. For good reason too, with the horrid screams coming from the direction where he could see two figures in the darkness. Lucifer stopped and changed his course, taking the girl by the hand.

"I need you to forget what you saw here," He said in gruff tones, "Go to the party and forget that you saw me or them for that matter. Never speak of it again." He wished he had the time to use a memory wiping enchantment but now was not the time to waste hoping for better consequences of actions. He threw his hand up in the direction of the nearest door and it opened to him as if it were commanded. "Off you go, sweetheart," he said quickly, pushing the girl inside and waving his hand to close the door. As he did, he could hear the agonizing sounds of stone-like flesh being torn and a recoiling scream that pierced the night. Lucifer turned and began approaching the source. As he walked, a flame jumped from the earth, following his tread as lightning arced in the sky.

"Invoco per vim potestatibus angulis." He shouted to into the void of space between him and the souls that were in the garden. The sky whipped into a frenzy and the earth quaked beneath them, with the light of the moon shining a bright silver that reflected Lucifer's eyes. Leoric looked up at the man that approached and was frightened to the depths of his soul. Blood tears etched the cheeks of his Lucifer, who seemed to be releasing an abundance of pent up rage that appeared to be endless. "Hear me Air, Water, Fire, and Earth, the corners of Reality itself: I beseech you to do as I wilt." With that, he raised his hand, in a cupped motion. Flames not only rose but danced behind him and he looked anything but human at this moment. The man with the machete rose in the air and was thrown back with the opening of Lucifer's palm, into the wall of a nearby shed. Lucifer reached Leoric and unceremoniously ripped the chainspear from his back. He helped Leoric to his feet and looked in in his eyes, then crashed his lips upon the Vampire's. Leoric pulled back, dazed but sheepish within all this confusion.

"Go, find a place to recover," Lucifer said as the rain started to come down. "I can take him, I'm a big boy."

Leoric nodded and looked Lucifer in his near mirror eyes. "Do not die. I'm not done with you yet." he laughed before vanishing in an act of supernatural speed. Lucifer turned to the slasher freak and began making his way toward him.

"You picked the wrong night, the wrong vampire, and the wrong witch who danced with him," he shouted, pouring his rage into his power. He felt when the bones in the arm of the hunter snapped. He relished in the feeling of it. A crack of lightning soared above them again, splitting and lighting up the sky brilliantly. The mask on the man had slid up slightly, exposing brown hair and bruised skin. "Get the fuck up, you bitch." Lucifer spat, stepping back. He was an honorable man, after all, and he wouldn't kill someone who lay on their back in the dirt.

tbc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back