• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Hunger Games) The Last Mistake

Adrian nodded to the other boy and slowly yet quietly climbed the tree beside him. His muscles were still stiff and sore from his injury but he refused to let that halt him. He perched on a branch, keeping his eyes on one of the two boys in the centre. District 2 ran towards the centre drawing attention from one of the centre tributes and shortly after a fight broke out.

Adrian gripped his axe, hurtling it towards the tribute closest to him who was on the side opposite from the fight. His aim was off, hitting the girl in the back of her leg making her fall to the ground and grab her weapon. Adrian took his opening and dropped from the tree, grabbing another axe as he ran towards her.

Seneca is standing drumming his nails on the metal railing in front of him. Lost in his own thoughts with a small sigh. There is a definite uneasy feel in his stomach as the end of the games starts to draw closer and closer to him. He is sure that he can win now but at the same time some of the others are still pretty skilled and the fight is not over just yet.

"Sir", He is brought from his thoughts by the voice. Raising his head a little he looks over to see a gamemaker watching him with a small frown. He watches them and sees them take a deep breath gesturing towards the screen. He looks towards it and his eyes widen as he sees the events that are starting to unfold infront of him.

As he got closer the girl tried to throw his axe at him but clearly not having the strength, Adrian easily dodged it and swung his axe at her. She ducked and swung her knife at his legs, managing to slice his thigh but not too deep fortunately. After what seemed like hours fighting, which turned out to be merely 5 minutes, the girl lay limp under him.

He stood and inhaled a sharp breath as he saw his teammate along with another laying near the mouth of the cornucopia. Now it was him and, if he remembered correctly, the girl from district 1. She had a mad glint in her eye, probably seeking vengeance as he had been the one to kill her partner.

Moving down further into the room looking up at the screen. Seneca watches with a sharp intake of breath, he does not look away as he watches the scene. It was just him and one other and if he managed to kill the girl from one....well then he would have won the games.

Pulling his eyes away he glances at the gamemakers arround him, wishing that he could do someting to help him and also to secure his win, After all the girl from one had a lot of strength. But at the same time he knows that he must not act. He is in enough trouble as it is already, and to make more trouble well, he may as well have secured himself a death sentence.

The fight was hard. They each had good combat skills which put them on an equal playing ground. Adrian yelled in pain as a small knife pierced his side, his opponent smiling in victory. Suddenly overcome with adrenaline he throw her to the ground, her head slamming against the metal structure.

He quickly overpowered her, his blood slowly dripping down his side as he held her arms down with his knees. With shaking hands he gripped her neck, grimacing slightly as he done so wanting to look away. Finally she went limp, the final breath leaving her lips.

Adrian dropped his hands, staring in shock. He done it, he had survived the hunger games.

Seneca watches, his eyes not looking away from the screen seeming to hold his breath. The atmosphere in the room was tense, everyone seems to be holding there breath as they watch the two last tributes, knowing that it all is about to end here. He feels a knot of worry tighten in his chest as he watches.

But the worry is all for nothing. The sigh of relif leaves him as he sees it, feeling his heart lift and a small grin come onto his lips. he feels better than he has done in a while, it must be in the relif of the win. He knew that he could do it but again there was always the chance that another tribute would have overpwerd him.

Everything was a blur from there on, he clutched his wound as he was approached by Capitol members to get taken away. The exhaustion and blood loss got the better of him as he passed out as soon as they reached him. When he awoke, he was blinded by a bright white light. He looked around and recognised the clean white interior to be part of the capitol. The boy was attached to some sort of machine with wires connected to him. A surge of panic went through him, wondering if they would kill him for being too weak right after winning but surely they wouldn't have healed him if that was their plan.

He sat as nurses worked on him silently wondering when someone would visit him. Adrian expected his mentors to rush in as soon as he woke but he had no idea how long he's been here but hopefully it hasn't been long.

Seneca watches the screens with a deep breath. seeing as they announce him as the winner, as the hovercraft materialises above him and starts to decend down to pick him up, and to bring him from that horrible place back to the capitol. Turning away he lets out a small sigh moving to leave the room. His wounds do look nasty and he only hopes that they will be able to heal him as much as possible, But then again he does suspet that they will it would not look good to let the victor die and have none.

He spends the next little while in his office waiting for news, shut away from the others. Once that news comes to him that he is recovering well, he feels a surge of relif flood through him. Getting up and leaving his office he shakes his head as he walks out. Making his way towards where he knows he will be recovering.

Adrian stretched before slumping back in his chair. The nurse had kindly explained to him what was happening, including that he would be able to leave the hospital ward later today. The medical equipment of the capitol was extremely impressive he was thankful it had saved his life but guilty knowing that none of the districts had access to it. whilst people were unable to feed their families and dying of simple flu's, the capitol splurged on luxury and shared none.

Adrian was pulled out of his thoughts when someone pushed his door open. He was expecting his mentor to walk through but no it was Seneca. A wide smile came to his face. "Miss me?"

Seneca walks down the corridor glancing round with a small sigh. He feels anxious there seems to be a lot more peacekeepers around lately and that is making him anxious. After what he had done to help him win the games he was afraid that one of the game makers may have told someone. As un likely as it was that anything would happen to him, the chances of it happening were still there it could still happen after all, he knows that all too well.

Reaching the room he takes a deep breath and looks round. Pushing it open he sees him ther and a small smile comes onto his face as he walks in looking down at him. A small laugh leaves his lips as he moves over nodding "possibly. what about you?"

Adrian laughed softly and shook his head. "Yes of course, although hearing your booming voice pushing us towards certain doom was a good distraction from the longing." He smirked playfully and gestured towards the white chair besides him.

The other man still looked as though he had hardly rested, seemingly less than before. "How was the commotion from your end?"

Seneca looks at him and laughs a little bit at his words sighing a little, "ah well i did what i had too do, i knew you could easily win the games but you needed a bit of persuasion you know that" he says with a small laugh shaking his head and looking at him. His eyes take in what is visable of his injuries and takes a deep breath looking round, one hand moving subconsciously to rub his own temple.

Nodding he sighs and moves over to sit down in the chair, Once he is sitting down he looks over and smiles a little "ah well you know the usaly chaos times about ten.....geez its been quite mad here"

Adrian smiled softly and sat against the headboard. "You'll be able to get some rest soon hopefully." The boy tried to look as reassuring as possible but honestly he had no idea how things went from here.

He was slightly hopeful that President Snow and the capitol members would have no problem with him. "Was my Victory perceived well? After all I was their underdog sob story with my brother and all." If he wanted to help Seneca, he knew he would have to be on Snows good side even for a little while otherwise it would all be unnecessarily hard.

Seneca watches him with a small sigh, he nods with a deep breath "yes i hope that soon i will be able t sleep". He laughs a little adding with a small sigh as he shakes his head a little bit more "it has been a while since i last slept, after all i have not really had time"

Looking away he only looks abck on hearing his next words a small smile coming onto his face" Yes it was. the capitol people lapped it all up as they always do. so yes your story worked there all so caught up in it i think that it should keep them all caught up and they wont notice anything else for at least a few months". There is a hint of worry in his voice as he sighs a little bit.

Adrian sighed in relief quietly, having understood the tiredness that came with being unable to sleep for the length of the games. He was able to refresh with however long he was passed out since the end of the games. A small part of him wanted to lock Seneca away and force him finally let himself rest.

"Ah perfect.'' His mind was already trying to think of what he could do. "If I want to act it will have to be fairly quickly then, perhaps get the districts on my side." The boy mumbled quietly almost to himself.

Seneca looks at him with a deep breath, he looks away and at the wall. knowing that he will understand about the tirdness, but the truth is that he wishes that he could just get out of this endless circle. Get out from the games and away from the capitol he would be out of it all and then, maybe then he may have a chance to do something that was actually good and worth it with his life.

Noding he looks back round at him, his face forming into a small frown as he nods "what are you planning". he asks a suspicious tone in his voice.

Adrian shook his head and smiled widely at the other man. "Don't worry about it, just thinking about my promise." It would probably be for the best to keep his plans to himself for now, not wanting Seneca to get into anymore trouble before he even has a solid idea. He knew not to talk about anything secret in these areas of the Capitol, these people had technology he'd never even heard of before so he doesn't doubt that they could listen into the conversation.

The young man tilted his head looking over at the other male. He had to find a way to keep him close, keep him safe, without being too suspicious. "Would you be able to be part of my team? You know, when I'm forced to do the tours and stuff." Adrian looked slightly hopeful but he was totally clueless about how these things worked, after all most people don't believe they get this far.

Seneca watches him with a small frown. "well alright", he says letting it go when at the same time he feels a little anious knowing that he is planning something, After all thats the last thing that he wants to happen. He gets out of the hunger games after winning and surviving, then the next thing that he does is something that ends up getting him imprisoned or worse it could get him killed. That would most certinaly be a stupid thing to do.

Looking back at his next words, his face forms into a small frown as he sighs a little bit thinking about it, "it may be possible to, it would depend on why i was there i would have to have some role", He says mainly just thinking out loud to himself. It is true it might work and he can see that it may cause less tension arround. but still there was always the thought was it worth it and to be honest it could just as easily go badly wrong.

Adrian hums softly, nodding slowly at the mans words. In order for neither of them to look suspicious the reasoning would have to be pretty solid, the last thing he wanted to do was piss off Snow so early on. His eyes snapped to Seneca, suddenly over come with an idea. "My brother.." He mumbled slightly, eyes slowly lighting up with excitement.

"Thats it! You said you worked on my brothers game so maybe we can use that as a reason, perhaps for emotional support or something." Adrian looked at the man expectantly, hoping that his plan had some potential.

Seneca sosent register on what he has said right away still thinking, "since i am in enough trouble already an-", He stops looking over with a small frown not quite getting it "what sorry what about your brother......". He listens to the rest of what he has to say and his reasoning a small look dawning in his eyes as he takes a deep breath thinking, a small smile curving up onto his lips.

"That is a good idea...i like it that would give a reason, and is most likly to work. There seems no suspicion in that", He states as he agrees with him looking back over with a small smile. He cant help but think that it does seem like a clever plan.

Adrian sighed happily, feeling more relaxed now knowing that there was a chance for this to work. "See, I'm not only incredibly handsome and strong, I have a brain too." He nudged the other man playfully. The rest of the plan would have to be discussed when they had a more private area, and after he'd actually thought of it.

"I'll talk the rest of the team around, my capitol mentor is too eager to please. She's rather quite annoying." The young man chuckled quietly, not fully realising yet that he would have to spend months alone with her and his intimidating district mentor.

Seneca smiles and nods a little bit looking over at him. A small laugh leaves his lips as he hears his comment nodding a little bit "Yes your are rigt. but if it helps then i never doughted that you did not". He jokes with a small smile as he watches him, a small grin curving onto his lips taking a deep breath.

Smiling more as he looks over with a small laugh again, "yes, i know what you mean you do get that a lot arround here...there are actually a lot of people arround here who act like that", he tells him with a small sigj glancing round.

Adrien smiled softly, looking at the other man. "I'm so glad you're different. I don't think I would have survived this whole process without our talks." He may be exaggerating slightly, but he felt it were the truth. Their talks had helped him focus and relax during the strenuous process.

He sighed loudly at the sound of clicking heels walking down the corridor. In the silence of the ward the noise was almost as obnoxious as the lady they belonged to. "You should probably start getting things ready for when they agree. I'll make sure they do." Adrien said with determination, looking at the other man. Before long the door swung open with a loud squeal coming from the bright green haired lady.

Seneca smiles a little bit and nods with a small laugh shaking his head. "to be honest so am i sometimes, im glad you think so too. and dont worry about it if i am honest you have helped me a lot this games, there have been a lot of momments i have just wanted to quit"

Looking round a little at the sound of footsteps approaching, it makes a small smile curve up onto his lips as he pictures who the belong to. Nodding he slowly starts to get to his feet "i will thank you"

Adrien watched the other man stand, wanting desperately to stay in this moment. A blissful moment of calm, no games to worry about and no threats of what's to come. His thoughts were interrupted when the door was noisily thrown open, followed by a delighted squeal that could rival a pigs. "There's our little champion." His mentor, Vipsania Sickle, scurried into the room and sat besides him. The boy tried his hardest not to grimace at the overly enthusiastic woman.

He was glad that his district mentor, Blight, was a lot calmer in his congratulations. Aiden had realised that he would be spending a lot more time with these people, mentally correcting himself to use their names. He wouldn't survive a painfully awkward year of no communication with the people he would spend all his time with. Blight had hardly finished talking before Vipsania rushed to tell him how the capitol were reacting. He sighed softly, sending a small wave Senecas way before trying to focus on what the woman was saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back