• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom (Hunger Games) The Last Mistake

Seneca glances over at him, one last time. Giving a small nod as he gets to his feet. It makes him smile to see him alive. after all the fear that there would be a victor that was not him, that was something that he had not liked to let cross his mind. But now is the time he could relax, he should not think of what could have happened, that would not help. After all he had got what he had hoped would happen, and he had been the one who deserved it most.

Unable to help himself, he has to hold back a laugh from leaving his lips. As his mentor comes scurrying into the room, she looks so silly like all the others here, it makes him smile and feel a little better to know, that he is not like them in every way. Nodding at him, he grins a little walking towards the door.

Despite having only just woken up from his injuries, it seemed as if the process of parading him around would start instantly. Vipsania began to list of the people he would be working with but he held up a hand to silence her. "I want Seneca Crane on my team." The room froze in what appeared to be a stunned silence. "And before you say no, it'll help with pity. He worked with my brother too."

He held the woman's gaze as she tried to form the best decision. Blight was the next to speak. "I'm sure it can be arranged, the least we can do for him after the games." Adrian let himself smile and nodded at the woman to continue.

By midday, Adrian was dressed in a soft suit that thankfully wasn't gaudy due to having such an amazing stylist Cinna. He sat at the table and ate his first full meal in what felt like forever, listening as they lay out the plans this time including Seneca.

Seneca walks out of the room, a small smile curving up onto his lips. He feels a bit more uplifted than he had done before going to see him. It appears that he he will not be in too much trouble with snow, he cant kill him after all if he is included in the planning and the process of the whole victory. The only thing that could possibly be a slight setback to his greatly improved mood, was the thought that what would happen after all that was over. After all would they let him plan for the next games, he does kinda hope that they dont and just let him go about hit life, but susspects that it will not be that simple.

But he must focus on the next few days for now, he thinks to himself forcing the thought out of his head, for the present at least. Walking down the corridor, he sets out for his office making it there in little time. Setteling himself down at his desk again, it is cleat for once and he does not have so much to do. The only thing he can do now is wait to see what the plan was.

Adrian paced his room, the feeling oddly similar to when he was preparing for the games. He released a large sigh. If he could, he would pretend the games had never happened and that he wasn't now a murderer, but the Capitol would not allow that. From now on he was their show pony, their slave, to be paraded around the country. The team of people had started to become insufferable with all their excitement and praise, and it had only been a day. He dreaded to think about how he would survive on the tour.

The tour, something he had almost forgotten existed. No victor could just live peacefully, President Snow had to make an example of him now that he survived. In fact, the tour is what had him currently walking a hole into the expensive carpet in his room. They had informed him now that he was well enough they would leave the next morning. "Can't leave your adoring fans waiting!" Was all the reasoning he was given.

A glance at his watch told him that it was nearing midnight, making his anxiety grow. In eight hours he would be on a train and giving speeches to the masses. His only problem was that he couldn't bring himself to lie and pander to the Capitol. He knew the speeches he was expected to give but when the time came, would he be able to? Half an hour later Adrian decided to lie down, falling into a fitful sleep, and dreading for the day to come.

Sitting there at his desk, tapping his nails a little bit one the smooth surface. Not even paying attention to what he is doing at this point. His mind is starting to wander a little bit now, on what or how it could progress into the tour. Would he even be allowed to be shown that much, they may think that was too strange. The fact remained flickering and nagging at the back of his mind, he had already had a warning from the president, not to show too much favrotisim to him. There had already been talk in the capitol, and with the other gamemakers now. They were suspicious and some outraged, there claims being that he had showed to much liking to one of the tributes.

Shaking this thought from his head he smiles a little bit to himself. Rising up out of the chair, and stifling a small yawn as he does so. The day has seemed to feel like its dragged on forever, and his mind is numb from exhaustion. For once was the time he could sleep without disturbance, they would want him looking relaxed for the tour. And preferred by his prep team to not be looking absolutely exhausted, as he had been for a while now. They had been pointing out to him a annoying amount of times.

Shaking his head he moves over, pulling open the door and striding out down the corridor. Once he reaches his room, he takes the time this once. Actually getting changed and prepairing for the next day, a change from the usal collapsing and what felt like a endless never ending cycle here. Laying down, he falls into a deeper sleep than he has for a long time, still trying to dismiss the thoughts in his head.

He was awoken a few short hours later, the sun streaming in through the large glass windows. The day looked to be a beautiful one and Adrian tried to muster up the effort to act grateful for the things to come. An amazing outfit was already laid out for him and once dressed he walked out to be greeted by his two mentors. Adrian smiled politely to them and allowed the duo to lead him out of the building, he was told of the plans for the day. "Now you will be meeting the rest of your team on the train, there we will prepare you for the beginning of the tour." The streets were filled with Capitol members, congratulating him on his victory. Adrian smiled happily and thanked them, remembering what his mentors said about him appeasing the masses. So, as they walked through the crowds he was sure to be as charming as he could be and tried not to show his nerves that were growing only larger with the amount of people crowding him.

A more genuine smile reached his face once he entered the train, noticing Seneca conversing with Cinna. "Hey guys, glad to see you. Maybe I'll actually be able to remain sane on this tour now." He joked loudly, honestly quite grateful to have people to talk to here.

Seneca wakes just as the warm morning light is starting to stream in, casting its warm rays across his face. He does not linger like he usually does, wishing that he was anywhere but here and does not have to face the day. Instead he gets up almost at once, feeling strangely awake and prepared for the day to come. There is a fresh outfit waiting for him, brought by a capitol servant when he was asleep most likely. It is the same as always, but very easy to recognise. He had been informed that he was to look as much like he usally did as possible, well minus the exhausted deminor. Not that the capitol citizens would not recognise him, more that it was for the districts. They would know the bright colours recognise the look of him, from the interviews at the very least that he had done.

There is not much time to spare as he makes his way out and down the hall, heading for the way out of the centre. Reaching the exit he starts to make his way silently through the streets. There are already capitol citizens starting to gather there, eager to get a glimpse of the action. Reaching the station he boards the train not looking back at the streets behind. Waiting patiently and conversing with cinna until he arrives. Eyes instantly flicking over and a small smile forming on his lips.

Adrian wasted in time in settling down into the chair across from the two men. He closed his eyes, ignoring the shrill voice of his capitol mentor firing off instructions and demanding he go wave at the windows. A quiet groan escaped from his lips without him realising, causing Cinna to let out a warm laugh. 'Give the boy a break, they'll see enough of him over the next month or two' Cinna passed Adrian a glass with the familiar green liquid making him mutter a small "thanks" before sipping on it.

He turned his attention to Seneca as Cinna and the mentors all bickered. "I'm glad they let you come, I'm sure it wasn't easy but I'm thankful you made it." Adrian spoke softly, not wanting to draw the attention to him. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" Despite wanting to keep the man safe and repay him, Adrian was still quite clueless on the inner workings of the Capitol and didn't want to put him in more danger.

Seneca looks at him with a small smile, moving to sink down into a chair as they start to talk. Not wanting to get involved with all this just yet. After all against all the others he was the outsider of the group here, well in the sence that he was not the one who fussed over his outfit, or timetable for the games and tour. He was the one that had actually had to try and keep him alive throught the games. With a small shake of his head he turns his head to look out the window.

Turning his head back to look over hearing Adrian talking to him. He smiles a little bit nodding with a soft laugh. "Yes I am definetly sure that I want to do this, If I am honest I do not think that they could do anything to me at this point. " he states trying to ease his mind a little.

Adrian frowns a little, growing up it had always seemed like the Capitol citizens were always pampered and treated better than those in the district. He wasn't sure why he was always so shocked and upset to find out how they treated the other man. Seneca was a gamemaker, he should be at the top of the pyramid but he was still threatened and forced into a life of misery. The brunette leant over and rested a hand over the other mans. "And they won't do anything else, I swear it." The only other time he'd been this determined was during the games.

They were jolted out of the moment as the train began to move, it was a strange and unusual feeling. The last time he was on a train was months ago and even then he hadn't gotten used to the feeling. He shuddered and took a long sip of his drink. "Gosh, this is gonna be a long trip."

Seneca watches him closly, eyes narrowing a little bit as he does so. But still at the same time he remains quiet and not saying a word. It does not feel like the right time to start talking to him, after all this train is full of devoted capitol supporters. One wrong move or word infront of them.... and it would definitely not end well. He would end u dead for sure. That was the scary truth about it, even though he had not confided this to anyone, he knew blatantly clear, that snow was one mistake from making him dissapear, in short he would kill him at the slightest excuse. "Thank you" he says with a small smile.

Looking round again as the train starts to move he smile a little bit over at him, "How are you feeling about all of this?. Anxious?" He leans back in his chair a little bit survaying him with a small sigh.

Adrian let out a small, incredulous laugh. "Anxious? Absolutely terrified, it's like the games only continue with new creative torture methods." Back at home he was always a fairly quiet kid, following his brother around or sitting in the trees alone. The interviews had been a challenge to get through, the parade was a slightly awkward affair but he was too distracted by everything to worry too much.

He always had a fear that he would lose a part of him to the capitol, he'd already lost his brother and he'd be damned if he lost anything else. "I'm not one for pubic speaking and we all know that the districts dislike the Capitol. I don't want to lose a part of myself in these speeches they've written. I'm not a puppet." He mumbled the last part, leaning his head back and closing his eyes so he didn't have to look at anyone.

Last edited:
Seneca watches him with a small nod apon hearing his words, "Well that is to be expected, I doubt you could take anoyone from any of the districts, do alll this to them and then ask them if they were scared, and they would say no. There would be some who would try to hide it and say they were not, But anyone would be trust me. Gods I even sometimes still get nervous when I have to do things like this, especially if there is a lot at stake riding on this."

Tilting his head a little bit he shakes his head, "I know you wont belive me, but i know you are going to be fine. You will do great, I know how dull that stuff they write you to say trust me I do, I had to have stuff all written out when I was doing interveiws". Ceasing talking he looks away gazing out of the window.

Adrian opened his eyes to observe the large room, he'd always felt out of place and the thought of being stuck on a tour that will last heavens knows how long with these wildly extravagant characters never failed to make his stomach roll. He will forever be grateful to whoever placed Cinna and more importantly Seneca into his life before the games. It was a miracle he was able to survive such a thing and he suspected Seneca had a hand in making that possible, although he would never ask him in a room this crowded.

He settled his gaze on the other man, smiling lightly. "At least on this tour you won't have to do much publicity, after all I'm the beauty and you're the brains of this operation." Adrian spared a glance at where his mentor and Cinna were planning his outfits for each part of the tour and slightly grimaced at the gaudy jewellery his mentor was holding. "I swear if Cinna wasn't here I would have looked like a bloody parrot, doused in feathers and repeating words the capitol fed to me."

Seneca watches the scenery, flying by the window, his eyes tracing it. A sudden unshiftable urge seeming to surge over him, a urge that made him wish that he could be anywhere but on this train. Yes he was not currently in trouble but still. He could not seem to shake the sudden feel that this would end up being some trap, to try and see if he would make any more mistakes, to test if he would really break his alliance to the capitol. It was yet another part included in there sick and contorted system.

He gives a small jerk, apon hearing his voice, looking back round and giving a small nod. "I suppose you do have a point in that. Although you would I think be surprised. The capitol loves to show off how were different in any way" he laughs and looks over "Well I can definitely assure you, that you look perfectly fine"

Adrian flushed a slightly embarrassing shade, even the slightest of compliments were unusual to him. Even throughout the process of the games no one truly thought anything of the boy, the praises were saved for those with a much higher skill level such as district 1. He startled slightly as his mentor loudly cleared his throat in a way to draw attention to himself. "Ah, so relaxation time is over I assume?" All Adrian received in response was an eye roll and handful of small cards, filled with writing.

With only a small glance at the speech Adrian was instantly holding in a groan of despair. "Does the capitol actually think people speak like this?" He sat up straight, trying his hardest to impersonate one of the snooty capitol members. "My dear fellow members of Panem, I am wholly overcome with such joyous emotion at the prospect of speaking here today." Adrian slouched back against his chair, shaking his head in distain. "I'd rather throw myself at President Snow than have to say that in front of everyone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back