• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hunger Games OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
ok so I feel a little stupid for not bringing this up sooner. and I will need acknowledgement and discussion from the both of you and future players on this. just so I can get a feel for what the whole group wants.

are you guys familiar with dice and stats and just in general dnd standards?

how close to dnd standards do you want me to run this? - dice and stats are a concern with this but I'm actually more interested in the environment. how much of the arena and the items in the arena are you guys comfortable with me controlling? like what supplies are in the arena and in all the backpacks, the money flow for sponsors, the price of sponsor gifts. the money bit will probably be standardized amounts for specific actions but still. the mutts. these are all pretty big parts of the game as it was written. i guess im asking how realistic do you want this to be in how much control you would have as tributes?

So I've played one d&d session in my life a couple years ago, so I'm not the most used to dice mechanics in general. I'm more of a text based and story based rper

And with how much control you as the GM should have, I think that more to your discretion. Most of the HG rps I've been in most of the GM's do already decide what's in the backpacks, mutts, how the arena functions, ect. With that said I'd be fine with alot of the arena functions being controlled and whatnot.

Jannah Jannah Kimiwriter Kimiwriter do you agree with this^ or want to add your point of view on things?

Skita Skita can you make a wip for your character so we all know what districts to make mentors for please.

If we don’t get any more takers by about this time tomorrow you guys can claim districts that have a tribute for your mentor character. I’ll take whatever is left so long as I’m not mentoring myself. I’ll make an edit in the character thread for this but I’m thinking mentors aren’t going to need stats especially since this is a PG-13 site and we won’t be explicit about the... ah well what amounts to the prostitution that president snow forces on the victors and they won’t really be doing any fighting. If they need any stats at all it would be charisma so I think I’ll just have you roll for chance/luck for the mentors if it’s ever needed

Silverius Silverius I pretty much agree. Most of the rps i've done are more text based. The GM would either decide on things ahead of time (like encounters with enemies, triggering traps, etc.) or they would set limits on things (you can only carry x number of things in your pack). Whatever you think will work best for the rp.

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Jannah Jannah Skita Skita y'all can claim mentors now if your ready
welp that didn't work

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Skita Skita Socio Socio
side notes first: Jannah Jannah informed me that they are unable to participate at the moment so we will continue without them and they can jump in when they are ready to come back. also my hope is to get this thing started by Friday or Saturday so im going to propose a thing.

I would like us each to play a mentor character. we will be focusing on the tributes but the mentors are important as well. mentors would be played most during the train ride and discussing strategy with their tribute during training. but during the actual game they wont play as big a role, maybe a post every other page or so for them during the game. a reaction to a major event, pushing to get their tribute gifts, interacting with the other mentors or the capitol in general, things like that.

so to get these guys made and not have anyone left mentoring their own character I propose we each mentor for the district below us in the line up. Creative has a D1 tribute and Socio has a D2 tribute so Creative would mentor for Socio and so on
(Socio mentors for me, I mentor for Kimi, and Kimi for Creative unless someone else joins)

so you guys willing to do this?

Edit: i got some names mixed up, sorry. fixed now

Last edited:
Do you want OC mentors or ones that already exist ?
either works. if you can pull off a cannon character go for it. but there isn't a lot of information on victors that weren't main characters of the 75th game. so OCs work too

Valour Drazen, my mentor character for this, is near and dear to me so I'm excited to play him as a mentor! I played through everything from his Reaping to his Victory Tour in a previous RP years ago. He originally won the 48th games, but for the sake of having him as a fairly young and inexperienced mentor I made some changes for this RP. Instead, he won the 72nd.

Ok so at this point we are just waiting for Kimiwriter Kimiwriter to come back online and post their mentor so I’m going to go ahead and start working on the main thread and I will tag you all in it when it’s done. I would like to start tomorrow or Saturday depending when Kimi comes back

Hopefully soooooon. She's playing my mentor! xD

I forgot about HP! Hit points. Which is the damage your character can take before they die. Just multiply your constitution by 10 and that will give you your HP.

Sorry took so long. Got hit with multiple all-day shifts at work in a row. Let me tweak a few things on the character sheet and I'll be good to go.

Not sure if all of you are aware yet but I started the rp last night. Sorry I didn’t say something sooner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back