• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
HAPER STEELBITE

Harper was greeted by the heat of the desert again. From the annoying conversation with the officer to now dealing with camel spiders that could rip a persons arm off if you weren't paying attention, she could feel her fuse becoming short and knew she needed to cool off and refocus herself. When Val asked her question about these spiders not being the ones you could just kill with a frying pan Harper gave a quick nod to her. "Correct. They're exoskeleton is tough to crack so it's easier to blast em then to beat em. Buckshot normally does the trick. If you don't have any buckshot then any ammo will do. It goes without saying headshots are the best way to kill these bugs."

Moving to the back of the truck Harper pulled the tail down and climbed up to the back. She grabbed a blue tarp that was folded up and tied up in the back and began to unfold it, placing it on the truck bed. Hunters were in charge of disposing bodies of bounties if they were not required to bring them back alive. And with how big camel spiders were it was going to take a few trips of them cleaning up the mess after the hunt.

When the tarp was flattened out as best as she do Harper then placed heavy weights at each corner of the tarp to make sure it wouldn't fly out when they were driving. Once everything was in place she looked over at Val and jumped down from the back of her truck. Normally after everything was set she would make her way to the target but with a partner Harper wanted to make sure that Val was ready. The first hunt could always be scary and Harper remember her first hunt alone, there she took on a boar-beast, hence how she got the scar on her left arm.

Wiping her hands together she took a moment to think about her words carefully before speaking to Val. "I'm not really one for pre hunt speeches so I'm just gonna get right to it. You ready for this? First one is always the one that get's the heart pumping. So I need to know that you have my back? Otherwise it's best for you to stay in the truck and watch. Let me know now what your gut is telling you." She waited for the answer and there was no wrong answer to her question. It was all just for tactics as to what to do next if Val was in for the hunt or she was choosing to stay on the sidelines.

interaction: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

Casey watched the witch weave her magic with great interest. The ethereality of it all was just so mysterious and mesmerizing. So fascinating, were the crafts of the supernaturals. He smiled and stood up, when Hemlock announced that she had found their lead. He threw a few bills on the table to cover the check and softly tossed his keys around in his hand. "Let's roll. I'll drive. You point the way." With a spring in his step, he made the short walk out of the diner and out to his truck. The little purple dragon and his female friend were still there. Much to his annoyance. They seemed harmless, but he didn't care what their business was. They were in the way. He tried taking the polite approach as he walked towards his vehicle. "Hey, uh, Y'all mind movin'? I kinda got some urgent business to attend to. If you'd be so kind...?" He trailed off when he noticed his truck was leaning at an odd angle.

He looked past the two of them to see the completely deflated right-rear tire. He dropped the polite act and walked around to inspect the tire. He fought a growing anger inside him. The tire had been cut. Right through the sidewall in a perfectly straight, purposeful, cut. Despite the influx of anger, he did his best to stay cool. It didn't make sense to slash somebodies tires in broad daylight and still hang around. He decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. He turned to the two supernaturals. "Did you do this?" He pointed at them, then at the tire. He watched their faces closely to see how they might lie to him.

( Yahhah Yahhah Aurus Aurus 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings Silver- Silver- )

Nava Arnumi
Outside Ma's Diner

Nava listened as the enchanting dragon ( Aurus Aurus ) told stories of all the ways he had lost company phones and she couldn't help but laugh. In a way they were the same in that way, but in different circumstances--she was also pretty clumsy and also often lost important things. She took out a journal in her bag and wrote out the number as he told her about what would happen if she texted it, and then put it away as he said that they could get going. As she was doing this, she heard a little rustle behind her ( Silver- Silver- ), but it was so quiet that it could have been the wind picking up a leaf a few feet away, that she didn't bother turning even her head. After writing down the number, she looked back up at Selef.

"I have a Honda," she said with a tilted head, pointing a finger at the black civic that she had parked a walking distance from where they were now. She liked the idea of helping him gather a dangerous plant in the wilderness--that was a kind of work she would thoroughly enjoy, being outside and in nature, while also helping everyday citizens. She hoped that it wouldn't be just a day of working with this dragon, he seemed like someone she could get used to pretty easily, and seemed like someone to be a pleasure to work with. Maybe he could help her figure out more on Athena and its on corrupt higher ups and allegiance with the cops. As she turned back to face Selef, she saw in her peripheral vision the figure of the man she had flipped off through the window after scaring them with the car's horn ( Pacificus Pacificus ) and his witch friend with the cute hat ( Yahhah Yahhah ). She stood straighter, preparing for more or less cutting words, but he just asked them to politely move, and her expression softened.

Before she could reply, however, he looked passed them, and by instinct she did the same, and saw that one of his back threshed become completely deflated. Weird. I didn't remember seeing that before, Nava thought to herself, biting her lip anxiously and then looking back up and straight.

The man's face had become rather serious looking as he asked them if they had done that. She realized they probably didn't look that good right next to the pickup, especially after she had flipped him off. But if she was the type of person to slash someone's tires she wouldn't have stayed standing right next to it.

So she looked him straight in the eyes, brown and piercing.
"No, we didn't, I didn't see that before though..." she paused, feeling a little bad about how she had misjudged this guy.

"But... I happen to have a spare in my trunk. My dad always wants me to have a spare in case of stuff like this, but..." she looked toward her car again and gestured to it, her demeanor full of warmth and not hostility now.

"I'm just not sure if it would be the right size."

Last edited:
Farron Giroux
Mentions: Pacificus Pacificus Aurus Aurus 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings Yahhah Yahhah | Wearing: Cream colored sleeveless crop top, dark gray fine knit cardigan, charcoal leggings and worn, dark brown boots.

Sinews rippled beneath inky black fur paired with whisper silent footfalls that barely seemed to register in the ears of those that failed to listen closely. Bright yellow eyes shone against the nearly unbearable sunlight as it’s warmth penetrated even the thickest of materials, forcing those that could not contend with it’s perpetual heat to scope for the nearest shade. Panting softly, the beast’s tongue lolled as it attempted to cool itself down, trotting over to a desolate area behind what seemed to be a diner. How long had it been traveling again? It questioned itself knowing there was something it needed to do but the sun was soaking into it’s coat and driving it mad with a grumbling stomach and bone-dry thirst. Lashing it’s tail, it settled into a nearby discarded box labelled “hamburger buns” close to a secured dumpster rid of any source of food. Half the wolf’s body stuck out from the wholesale box but at least it was some type of respite against the unforgiving rays. Placing it’s head on it’s paws, it rested for a few minutes, noting how raw it’s paws felt from traveling over earth as parched as itself. It’s energy was quickly being sapped away causing it to lose it’s mundane purpose as a huff escaped from it’s chest and it’s ears flicked in annoyance. At least it’s quiet here. Quiet in comparison to.. an Athenian protected city. It’s ears pricked sharply at it’s own thoughts as if it had regained some sense of it’s own sentience. Farron. Right. I’m a werewolf. Not a regular wolf passing through Phoenix. I work for Athena, I’m here only temporarily to take care of whatever the townspeople may need help with while I pass through to head back to the city. The idea of helping others in the state she was in made her fur bristle with distaste. She was in a weakened state and her instincts were only beginning to taper off into more human senses of “you should go do your work” rather than the feral cycle of hunting, resting and staying alert for dangerous animals. Returning to humanity was a feat she had yet to master.

A car alarm startled the wolf, her ears swiveling in realization that she’d nodded off for a few minutes. Her maw gaped in a wide yawn as she now shuffled forward, stretching her limbs till she could feel the tension melt away from her stiff legs. Gazing up at the cloudless expanse of azure above, she squinted against the sunlight before her human hand drew to cast a helpful cover for her eyes as she judged the time she had left for the day. Perhaps if she set off now she might be able to locate some suitable housing even if it was only for the night. The idea of talking to people felt discouraging as a concept alone but if she set her mind on the fact that it was for the sake of Athena then it would help distract her from the interaction. Her stomach snarled in response to this, a soft sigh escaping her lips. Food first.

Shoving her hands into her pockets, Farron stood to her full height after wiping off her pants from sitting on the barren ground and followed the mixture of scents that flowed from what appeared to be a kitschy little diner. The only place around here that smelled of good food, honestly. What greeted her as she turned the corner had her doing a double-take. Several supernaturals were crowding the front with a human male broiling with controlled rage attempting to gain information from a pretty tan woman who smelt of.. trees? She carried the scent of the forest with her this far into the desert? Farron tore her eyes from them so as to not be caught staring and tried to slip past but was distracted by the brightly colored dragon that she had somehow missed before?

Shaking her head to herself, Farron opened her mouth to say something to them after catching a few of their words but decided against it. It smells like werewolf. Should I tell them? Anxiety closed up her throat and she ended up staring down at her feet whilst trying to get past them to duck into the comforting scents of the restaurant. “‘Scuse me.” She murmured softly to a languid witch that she nearly ran into upon opening the door to the establishment, holding it open politely so as to allow her to pass.

Last edited:
Hemlock Werwit
Outside of Ma's Diner

When Casey mentioned driving that got Hemlock's attention slightly. The Witch had never before ridden in an automobile. "That'll work as long as they're near a road" Hemlock said sort of quietly. Her right eye was still tinted and in it she should see a silver flash in the distance, it didn't seem to be moving yet, though she supposed that could've just been the distance. She went a little slower outside of the building as the spell was sort of taxing on focus, as it sort of split what she could focus on in half. She took a step backward as her lack of attention to her surroundings almost led her to running right into a woman who was entering the bar. Hemlock blinked a few times while orienting herself. "Oh, sorry about that" she said with a chuckle before stepping out of their way and heading out.

Upon heading outside Casey seemed to be having an argument with the young lady and little dragon that'd been outside on a car. Oh, that must've been his car. She picked up something about tires being slashed and something about a Honda. Hemlock had no clue what that meant, she got around via flying broomstick. The girl mentioned she had a spare, which was good but that it may not be the right size. "I might be able to change it's size, if I have the right supplies of course. Hold on, let me look" Hemlock put in, trying to be useful. Of course she had no idea if she had the right equipment so she hoped it was the right size. She hadn't been prepared to cast too many spells and most of her stuff was back at her lab.

Pacificus Pacificus Silver- Silver- 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings Aurus Aurus

Ophelia, Galadriel & Verónica

Location: The Hive's HQ (Formerly known as God's Eye Foundation for Humanity's Survival)

62193363422dc819732a98427b6b1657.gif

Mentions: Pacificus Pacificus

A woman with three pairs of metallic wings was seated in the main room of the lab, although she needed none of the devices in there she felt a sense of confort surrounded by all that lifeless metal and mechanical sounds. Of course she was far for resting, her arms moved in the air as if she was using an invisible keyboard... well, that's exactly what she was doing. Her brain displayed an holographic keyboard that only she and other psychics could distinguish, it helped navigate more efficiently that simply running her thoughts wild.

"Any luck, Comrade Galadriel?" An eerie voice rang like an echo through the room, it belonged to none other that Ophelia, The Psyqueen of The Hive. "Must i remind you the importance of this task?" She tilted her head to the right, anyone else could have felt her words as threatening but Galadriel knew that her questions at her were never rhetorical.

"I'm already aware of it but thank you for asking." Her fingers ran wild on the holographic keyboard for a few seconds more and then all the screens in the room began to show footage across the city from multiple devices as well as the city's own security cameras. "And there it is, we have access."

"And they'll know nothing?" She inquires, talking with Galadriel is as close as it comes to being in a normal conversation where she doesn't know the answers ahead.

"What are they going to trace? My brain? Hahahaha, not even you can do that." She smirks, enjoying her little advantage over her queen. "Anyway, they would have to even notice they have been breached first, which they won't."

"So, where's the target?" Finally said a voice from within the shadowiest place in the room, Verónica came out of it. Her purple hair shinning with the lights in the room, she grinned at all the surveillance. "I could have saved so much time with these." She sights, she suffered a lot to get to this point but still life was so difficult before the change.

"Target Name: Casey Nilos." Galadriel nodded and within a second the images centered around the man and the woman accompanying him. "Primary Objective: Controlled Exposure." Her calmed tone turned more severe, it was a crucial mission. "Use of Letal Force against the designated target is Denied, all other opposing forces must be neutralized by any means necessary."

"He's... intense, why him?"

"Weak humans die from exposure, strong humans evolve."

"Weak humans are boring indeed but what makes a human strong?" Her eyes light up immediately, her imagination running wild.

"No, you may not perform a vivisection after his evolution."

"Aww... bummer."

Last edited:
Selef
Outside Ma's Diner

Selef also did not notice Silver near the truck at all. He was an extremely good tracker, but only for people or creatures that used or were magic. Unfortunately this made him a little more oblivious if they were not magic users, especially in the presence of magical users. For example, he still had not noticed the existence of Casey because he was sitting next to a blindingly noticeable witch of some sort that grabbed his attention every time he looked over there, even after he had tried to follow Nava's gaze over there earlier.

He would smile up at Nava again as she mentioned she had a Honda, a word that went in one ear and out the other. Fortunately it was accompanied by finger pointing that she indeed was talking about a car of some sort. How exciting, he only rarely had a chance to ride in one of them! He usually just flew everywhere he needed to go, and if it was a longer distance only then would he hitch a ride somewhere. The insides were always so fascinating.

However his thoughts were interrupted by the car beneath him slowly moving to a different angle. Something had happened to it, it was a bit slanted now. Right as he was starting to think about it was when Casey exited the diner. He'd answer Casey's request with a cheerful smile, not a single hint of realization that Casey was the one that had beeped the car at him. "Oh, of course. If you need to use it I can get out of your way." he'd say, hopping right off back to the ground.

As the tire kerfuffle became more apparent, he'd frown a little bit. "Oh.. I thought it was slanted all of a sudden. Couldn't have been me though unless you think these tiny claws could do it. Worst I could do is scratch up the coating a little bit, but I'm very careful not to do that after someone got really mad at me for it a long time ago. It was perfectly fine up until a moment ago, and I didn't notice anyone near the tire, how weird."

The fairy dragon would move on over to the next car eventually, hopping on to the roof of this one since it wasn't as tall. Eventually that fascinating magic user came on over too and started talking about using magic to adjust the spare tire. At the mention of that he would perk up a little bit. Magic! Finally something he could help with. "Oh if you're going to cast a spell this might help!" His antennae would flick a little as he gathered and condensed the ambient magical energy in the area to make it more dense close by. He wasn't sure how the witch's magic worked since magic users were very varied is how they made use of magical energy, but having a lot more of it in the area usually helped!

Interactions: 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings ; Pacificus Pacificus ; Yahhah Yahhah ;
Mentions: Silver- Silver-

Casey exhaled. His anger subsided. These two didn't seem to be lying to him. Still, paranoid thoughts ran rampant. Someone had slashed his tires. Either an indignant local had done it, or someone was... working against him. Someone he was unaware of. The hair on the back of his neck stood up at the thought. Was he being hunted? The thought was like a small dose of adrenaline. He mentally filed it and returned his attention to the supernaturals before him. He waved his hand to dismiss their offers to help. "I-uh, I'm sorry. I think we might just have a case of 'Wrong place. Wrong time.' on our hands. I'm sorry I accused you two." He gestured to the woman and the small dragon. The prospect of seeing them use magic to resize a wheel was tempting to him, but he chose to shoot down the offer. "Don't worry about the tire. I got a spare. No need to use magic either. Though, I appreciate the offer." he walked over to the toolbox on the bed and produced a tire iron and a jack.

He was still on the hunt, and had to get this done fast. Vampires were slick, and he'll be damned before he lets one escape on account of some cut rubber. He threw the tools next to the wheel and turned to Hemlock. "Give me 15 minutes and I'll have this fixed." he lowered his voice. "Though, uh, if you could keep a lookout? I think we're being watched." He made a circle motion with his index figure that indicated their immediate vicinity. He went over to the tailgate and began lowering the spare from underneath the truck.

( Yahhah Yahhah Aurus Aurus 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings Silver- Silver- )

UnkemptAgonizingHound-max-1mb.gif

Mentions: Everyone can hear the improvised concert​

It didn't took long for the girls to arrive at their destination, Galadriel wings had the speed and the functionality of detaching to grant others the capacity of flying for a limited amount of time. It would have been a wonderful sight, if not by her lumokinesis bending light around them to keep them invisible. "Initiate Engaging Sequence." She spoke in a soft manner, communicating with her subordinates. She rose both hands and covered them in an illusion while Galadriel stopped the invisibility trick on the other two but kept herself hidden. Of course Verónica had a protection against the sunlight, a Magitek ring made by the angel that kept the sun from hurting her.

"People of Hartfield! ARE YOU READY?"
090bead35d441c2e78b64bf96e2797f2d51555b4_00.gif

The two girls appeared less intimidating, Ophelia looked as a DJ in the middle of a stage with the vampire dancing around her. As the DJ, Ophelia orchestrated the whole illusion while Verónica just had to make herself noticeable by singing and dancing her ass off. While she sings, Verónica makes a display of her vampirism by showing off her fangs excessively and threatens to bite Ophelia's neck any time soon. Good acting or a damsel in distress? Who knows? There's no time to guess since when the song is finally over Verónica is seen voraciously biting Ophelia's neck. Blood is splattered all over the stage, screams from the DJ are clearly audible. Is all a horror show, specially since is just an elaborate illusion but for those witnessing it is as real as the air they are breathing

Ashnikko=Verónica
Hatsune Miku= Ophelia

Nava Arnumi
Outside Ma's Diner

Nava did not expect to be meeting so many Hunters in one day. And it was even more of a shock to her that it seemed like a most of them didn't have killer blood in them like the police force around the area, at least at first glance. Even some like Selef or the witch ( Aurus Aurus Yahhah Yahhah ), seemed to want to do things in a more methodical and peaceful way in order to seek justice for those who had been wronged. She liked that--maybe she was wrong about completely dismissing the members of Athena and many of the Hunters in it. Maybe some could help evolve it instead, and this thought filled her up a bit with something she hadn't felt in a long while--hope. The feeling of hope seemed to permeate through the air, resonating in something powerful... or was that something else?

As she was lost in her thoughts, a pretty woman with long brown hair went passed the witch and into the diner ( Silver- Silver- ). She didn't get a really good look at her, only from the back, and then looked back towards the witch and the man. She nodded at him as he ( Pacificus Pacificus ) gave his answer to the witch and herself, and then looked expectantly at him, wondering if she should ask if he needed any help. Instead, she opted to ask their names.

"So... what are your names? Mine is Nava, and she gestured to her beautifully colored friend,
"And this is Selef."

Last edited:
Hemlock Werwit
Outside of Ma's Diner

The first one to comment on her use of magic had been the dragon and he seemed to be able to boost the magic around. Hemlock lifted her head in surprise as she could feel the mana in the air skyrocket. Her right eye twitched as it went from its normal but slightly tinted color to a full purple. Her hair got frizzled and sort of stood on end. "Goodness. Is that you?" Hemlock said putting her gaze towards the little dragon who was not only adorable but also apparently quite useful. Casey told her to stop looking for tire altering materials which good, because her bag did not have an ant or giant toenail so she couldn't even if she'd wanted to. Casey was also apparently paranoid about something and so the witch nodded and tried to keep her main focus on their surroundings and not the shiny thing that was their target.

She could feel some music and noise in the background but Hemlock was too focused on their immediate surroundings to be taken with it. She was barely aware when the girl, Nava asked for their name. "Oh, name's Hemlock" she said distractedly as she obviously needed to focus to keep her attention on her current surroundings.

Pacificus Pacificus Aurus Aurus 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings

Last edited:
~(Sr.) Val'sharra Nightshroud~
~ The Preparation ~

Status
Condition:
Nominal
Wearing: Semi-formal outfit
Time: 2:40 PM

---

Val nodded. "No, no buckshot, just one-hundred fifteen grain copper jacketed hollowpoint rounds... well, that is to say, I would have them, were they not in your truck right now." With that said, while Harper began to prepare the rear of the truck for the aftermath of their grisly business, the demoness quickly retreated back into its cabin in a frenzy to get her gear back on. One strap... two straps... ALL the rest of the straps... I must be single-handedly supporting the nylon industry. Freshly reequipped, she hopped back out just in time to be grilled by the veteran hunter, hopping down from the bed of the truck as she was. "Well... best I can say is I'm as ready as I'll ever be. And as long as I've got the sisters," she added, tapping the sides of her legs in indication, "I'll fight as long as I have to. Put me in coach, I'm ready to play!"

---

Interaction: BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash

Last edited:
HARPER STEELBITE

The answer brought a small, subtle smile to Harpers face. The demon had some spunk and that was much needed in this line of work. She gave Val a pat on the shoulder to signal an "Ok" before moving back to the truck. Everything was set up for the hunt, the tarp was in place. Their guns were loaded and she knew she had someone who would watch her back as she would watch theirs.

It was all coming together but soon a sound caught Harpers ears and her head quickly snapped over to the direction of where Ma's Diner was. Music, the sound of music and someone talking. She could hear it all and it was strange for a town this sleepy and this small to have something like this be playing at this time. Her hands held onto the driver side door as she continued to listen, trying to figure out this puzzle. Something seemed off, seemed not right and her gut was telling her to drive back quickly, but her brain told her to stay back and wait.

'Remember, you have a young Hunter with you. You can't drive into danger if it's something bad. You need to be smart about this.'

Narrowing her eyes at where the sound is coming from she asked "Val, come here. Listen carefully, I hear music from where we were. And it doesn't sound like your average local stuff that would be playing here." It was strange and off putting. Something was very wrong.

Interaction: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
Mention: Neo Alice Neo Alice

~ The Siren's Call ~

Status
Condition:
Nominal
Carrying: 2x pistol, 2x dagger
Time: 2:50 PM

---

Harper was not the only one to notice someone; though she could hardly hope to compete with a werewolf for audio sensitivity, her own ears were certainly nothing to sneeze at. The faint sounds of something filtered through the air, stopping her in place quizzically. What in the hells is that? She was just about to make mention of this when Harper summoned her over, prompting her to carefully make her way over and listen with a cupped ear. "... yeah that's music all right, and I didn't see any concert venues on the drive here. Is somebody just blasting techno from their car?... no it's too loud for that, they'd have blown out their windows by now..." From what little she knew of this area, it sounded like it was coming from back where they'd come from, but... no that couldn't be right, when they'd left, the parking lot was almost desolate. How could somebody have set up that quickly. "Anybody who could have put together a setup like that THAT quickly both knows what they're doing, and was intending to do it from the get go..."

---

Farron Giroux
Tags: 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings Aurus Aurus Pacificus Pacificus Yahhah Yahhah | Mentions: Neo Alice Neo Alice

Comforting warmth filled Farron’s stomach as the hunger that had once held her stomach in a vice-grip now loosened upon her stuffing her face. The burger she consumed was gone in mere minutes without her own knowledge and she made sure to sip her water slowly to prevent her body from cramping up at how quickly she’d wolfed down her food. Now that her mind was no longer fully caught in a famished haze, she sat back in the booth a little bit whilst continuing to take casual sips of her drink. Her steely gaze wandered over to the entrance when she noticed the crowd of people from before still stood there. Their lips were moving and their bodies seemed much looser than before, denoting that whatever tension had crackled between them when she’d passed them by had now diminished into something lesser. A relief indeed. Perhaps there had been some sort of misunderstanding?

Regardless, Farron was glad to see there was no longer a need for her to possibly intervene as she would rather not unless truly necessary. People didn’t want heroes after all, only solutions to their problems, she’d learnt. It was one of the reasons she’d joined the Athenians—the possibility of learning how exactly to be human again. At this thought, she felt her hackles slowly beginning to rise, the hand the gripped her glass tightening to the point that she felt spiderwebs emerge on it’s surface. Something’s coming. Her instincts blared like hundreds of fire alarms ringing in her head until it felt as if every movement she made would have to be well-thought out or she’d be in danger of wasting precious energy.

The very air itself seemed to shift unbeknownst to those standing outside with tendrils of familiarity rooting into her as the unknown force drew overwhelmingly close until an awful shattering noise sounded and she snarled loudly in surprise, crimson flooding from her hand mirrored by shards of crystal. A waitress cried out in alarm and Farron quickly apologized for what she’d done, embarrassed and full of the desire to run off and locate what exactly was attracting her towards the force that had manifested in mere minutes of her having stepped into the area. It gave her a bad feeling, whatever it was, but it was too familiar for her to truly judge that to be so.

Farron paid her bill and then some, bowing repeatedly to the waitresses as she essentially begged for forgiveness out of humility and to excuse herself, cleaning up the mess she made but also somehow ignoring the flashes of pain riveting through her hand. The moment music began to thump, she knew the people outside were in danger, especially that of those closer to human than supernatural. “I’m really sorry about this,” she murmured lowly to anyone within earshot, dashing out of the diner after pushing in her chair and leaving everything as neat as possible before she left. Danger. Danger. Danger.

The scents that slapped her in the face were sifted through her mind neatly as she whipped open the door to the diner, her steely gaze rampant with urgent storms as she looked between each of those whom were gathered in the parking lot. “That music that you’re hearing, is not a good noise and I suggest that you all keep out of earshot.” Farron said plainly before sighing, “My name is Farron and I work for Athena. There’s an imminent threat and I really need you guys to scatter.” The werewolf disliked using her occupation as a means of encouraging people to listen to her but desperation was beginning to flood her eyes.

Silver Blackwood
Mentions: BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Neo Alice Neo Alice

A dark smudge against the radiant hues of orange, red and brown of the town and it’s buildings nearly appeared to be a trick of the heat but upon further examination, one could faintly make out the outline of a human form. In this heat though, the image seemed to almost glitch into what would’ve been the impossible before the Gate pried open to allow creatures that were once mere folk tales into the forefront of society. The lithe figure could only sharpen into focus as she neared the matter at hand, her steps parallel to that of a wide set of tire tracks belonging to the only Ford truck that had rolled into town in who knew how long. Silver tracked the owner and their companion in pure silence, her gaze full of indecipherable thoughts as she seemed to place each step she made with great calculation, knowing that if she didn’t want the Coven to begin targeting her, she’d have to complete the tasks they continued to hand her.

Silver stayed just out of plain sight, careful to not be within view of any of the truck’s mirrors and keeping a pace that allowed her to shift with how the wind blew in order to not be scented by either the werewolf or the demon. The two briefly paused at the local sheriff’s station, giving Silver a moment to glean into their verbal exchanges. The demon had shed her weapons out of pure etiquette to Silver’s fleeting surprise. They’d only just met, she thought, so how could they confide so easily in the older supernatural already especially with how they were going to be entering a closed space littered with unforgiving pairs of eyes with guns at their hips? It nearly made her scoff.

It wasn’t long until the pair returned to the outside, Silver’s eyes snapping to glimpse at them briefly as she took shelter in the shadows cast by buildings. They spoke of exoskeletons and bugs now, a brief shudder passing through the younger werewolf as she pieced together the bits of conversation she was absorbing. Bounty hunting camel spiders. The arachnids were massive and one of Silver’s largest phobias that she’d had to face more than once in desensitization training within the Coven. They wanted supernaturals that were hardened by experience and stained with the blood of humans so often enough that they lost their sense of humanity to the point that they no longer cared whom or what they were tasked to cut down. Unfortunately for Silver, having not been born a werewolf appeared to be the biggest obstacle in her life thus far. Her ‘human tendencies’ as they said would be her downfall even with her enhanced abilities and lack of true empathy. She was as close as a monster could be by human standards but even to the Coven, it was simply not enough.

She watched with an unreadable expression as the older werewolf spread out a blue tarp on the bed of her truck for a few moments, briefly wondering what it would’ve been like should she have been born in a pack like real wolves. Powerful beasts ready to defend their families and feed them at the cost of their own lives for the sake of survival. A bond she lacked. Her body grew rigid as a melody greeted her ears, causing the ground to feel as if it were wavering beneath her as she now braced herself, visibly shaken. A flurry of snarls, maws twisted in grotesque expressions of rage and the irony tang of blood crossed her vision, rhythms thudding incessantly in her ears. She couldn’t control the volume, why? Ophelia.

Dark brown blared with chips of amber-gold, a wild light haunting the young woman’s eyes as emotions flooded her mind. Anguish combined with effluvium, a desire to overtake a challenge but knowing every attempt would end in failure. It was her. Why now after all this time? Silver could feel her muscles twitching in anticipation of the shift, temptation caressing her divided mind to take on the form that would both harm and protect her the most against odds that her human body couldn’t withstand. She’d battled against Ophelia countless times, all experiments that ended in failure being drawn out longer than necessary in order to push both her own limits and that of the psychic witch. Silver had been the plaything the Coven had thrown to Ophelia during the time of her being shackled by their forces and even then her disapproving looks as she’d beaten Silver down enraged the wolf.

She couldn’t lose her focus now, not when things had been lining up so well for her but Ophelia would know if she was here and now that she was a part of the Hive, who knows what she could do and who she’d brought with her this time.

HARPER STEELBITE

The music was off, how loud it was, was off. Taking a few steps forward Harper didn't notice that they were being watched as she was intrigued by the sound. What in the world was happening and should they go towards it? They took a bounty to go after camel spiders but Harper had a feeling that the farmer could wait a few more minutes for them to come.

"We need to go back, Val. Something is off and I'm listening to my gut. I have a bad feeling that this isn't just a normal pop up concert." Whenever her gut warned her of danger she listened to it. Never question what your instincts tell you, she was taught that at a very young age in her pack and took it to heart. It's what has kept her and many of her pack members alive.

'Be careful, you have a young one now to take care of. Treat them as though they are pack. Keep them safe and make sure they don't get hurt. No mater what the cost is. Do not let harm befall onto Val.'

Harper turned to look at Val, the wolf inside of her as begun to take a liking to the demon and the thought of them running head first into danger caused her beast side to give out a small whimper of nervousness as it paced around in restless. She knew if any harm would try to fall on Val she would protect them. They were under her charge and as such she was to make sure that nothing bad was to happen.

It gave her pause to what they were about to do. Standing up straighter and letting more of her guard down Harper placed her pistol back in her holster, allowing herself to open up a little more. For so long she has traveled by herself that she has forgotten what it was like to have a pack member by your side to keep you company. It was......comforting and nice.

'How long have I've been traveling alone that I've almost forgotten what it's like to travel with someone? Have I've gone that long that I've almost become what we call a feral? A packless? No, I'm a Steelbite! And though I haven't been with my pack for awhile I am not a feral werewolf. But......It has been ages since I've had someone traveling with me.'

For a moment Harper allowed herself to be lost in her own thoughts before leaving to investigate the music. Though Harper was forgetting one important rule that all Hunters must go by, never get distracted and always be aware of your surroundings.

Interaction: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
Mention: Silver- Silver- Neo Alice Neo Alice

Last edited:
Silver Blackwood
Tags: BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

Strength failed to reach Silver’s legs as they buckled beneath her. The ground seemed to rush up at her whenever she attempted to gather her bearings, her fingers scoring the parched earth while brimstone flared into her vision and a string of sinister inflections jumbled her mind. It was not the melody alone that was urging her to tear away her human skin, but rather the memories that were called upon their notes greeting her ears. If one were to look upon her in this state, they wouldn’t have been able to tell that she carried a deadpan mask with any cruel assignment she was offered.

What else did she know, but of what the Coven showed her and what she’d seen first hand? It didn’t matter that her targets were supernaturals so long as they posed a threat to what she thought was important. It also didn’t matter that there was a wide expanse of the world that she had yet to see and uncover for herself, because if she didn’t do what the Coven decided for her, then they’d kill her. She was just as much of a disposable asset as she was a liability to them and with no one to live for, what choice did she truly have?

A hum rumbled at her flank, her attention finally snapping to two figures standing only yards away. Their lips moved but Silver couldn’t hear them against the blood roaring in her ears, her chest rising and falling with ragged breaths. The moment that the older woman shifted to move her weapon to her hip, Silver had left her spot where she’d been crouching helplessly only moments ago.

Stark white fur blazed against sunlight, cutting the distance between the brush and where Harper and Val stood shorter with every passing second. Pawsteps could be heard approaching as the white wolf closed the gap and darted straight for Harper, it’s muzzle screwed into a twisted expression but no sound leaving it’s throat.

Casey Nilos. Hartfield, Arizona.

Casey was underneath the truck when he began to hear strange music nearby. The new wheel was in place, but the jack was still suspending the rear end a few inches off the pavement. Casey rolled out to see a female at the entrance of the diner. She identified herself as an Athena agent. "This was an unexpectedly interesting day." He thought. Normally, the word of an Agent was one to heed, but he disregarded the order to scatter. Casey Nilos didn't "scatter". He calmly patted his shoulder holster where his 1911 was stowed while listening to the music. He didn't recognize the song being played, but it felt... odd. Sinister. To some, music was simply music, nothing more. But Casey knew it was much more than that. Music was a force, and this one felt evil. Realizing that it was behind him, he pivoted to see... several things. He didn't know how an entire DJ had descended from the sky behind him without anyone noticing. At first, he was bewildered by the spontaneous performance by the two women. Then, the "dancer" voraciously bit into the DJ's neck in a way that could only be describing as vampiric savagery. A burst of adrenaline hit Casey very suddenly.

He grabbed the side of the truck and strongly kicked the jack out from under the axle, causing the rear end to drop to the ground. He turned to Hemlock, "Looks like our hunt is cancelled." He said as he swung the driver-side door open with urgency. He reached in and pulled his duffel bag of gear closer to him. He began removing his jacket and donning his hunting gear. Sure, the mystery DJ was being killed, but there was nothing he could do for her at this point. She was either dead already at the hands of this vampire or she would be turned into vampire herself. At which point, Casey would kill her. Going into a fight unprepared would only make him quick and then dead. His hands moved with skill through a routine he had performed a hundred times. While he did so, he called out to the Athena Agent. "What's the 'deets, Athenian?! You guys runnin" an op or somethin'?" His voice was urgent, but steady. Whatever this Athena operation was, it was now his concern. "I better get paid for this." he thought.

Velcro connected and his bulletproof vest was secured into place. Several magazines were tucked into pouches on the front. A Ka-Bar combat knife hung from its sheathe on the left shoulder strap. Lastly, he withdrew his pride and joy. The FGC-9 3D-printed SMG was self-constructed from 3D-printed parts. It had a high rate-of-fire and despite being made from plastic parts, it was reliable. He inserted a 50-round, 9mm, drum mag and slapped the bolt forward. He pulled his balaclava over his face and donned his ballistic goggles. It wasn't an intimidating loadout, but it was high-speed and low-drag. Just the way he liked it.

(Interactions: Yahhah Yahhah Silver- Silver- Nearby: 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings Aurus Aurus Neo Alice Neo Alice )

Last edited:

UnkemptAgonizingHound-max-1mb.gif

Interactions: Pacificus Pacificus Silver- Silver- BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash

Ophelia was intrigued to perceive the thoughts of Silver once more, it was an amusing feeling. While keeping the illusion of her horrific attack in place, she projected her thoughts to her mind. "My discarded pet! How a wonderful sight, i'm used to seeing you in less favorable positions hahahaha." She took a long pause, analyzing all the flashbacks the werewolf was having. True, she had been cruel to her but her memories were so dramatic, weren't dogs supposed to hold less grudges? "Oh! You hate The Coven too? Would you like to be free from them? Would you? What if i could do that for you?" She projected an image of herself, in her more natural look, in front of the werewolf that only she could see. "If you hate the coven so much, you'll do anything to destroy them, right?" Her spectre form moved towards the hunter and grinned slightly, using the woman's own inner voice she spoke directly in her head. "But what if i get her killed? What if i can't protect her?" It was a nice tatic, making her doubt herself. Would it work? Maybe, she is indeed plagued with insecurities.

The angel on the other side was more focused on this Athena agent, this could result more problematic than expected. She held what appeared to be a kind of Rubik cube in her hands, however the colors were off and she wasn't trying to match them at all. "This ought to keep you busy lad." She thought to herself while tossing the cube towards the agent, outside of the invisibility field of course. Should the device reach the agent it will explote and create a prismatic prison of light, if they have good enough reflexes they can dodge it but what will happen to whatever else it hits? Hitting inorganic matter will use the materials impacted to create a golem that will fight the agent anyway.

Verónica posed her eyes on her target, illusory blood dripping down her chin she grinned in a monstrous manner towards Casey. "Do your worst Vampire Hunter Boy!" She prepared herself for any moves he could make, keeping her senses sharp for any other influences.

Last edited:
HARPER STEELBITE

'Move now!'

Harpers feet spun around just as she saw a white wolf charging at her on all fours. The wolf inside of her reacted, having her jump back and a throaty growl came from her throat as she projected her sense of dominance against the younger werewolf. Her eyes flashed a tinge of gold and she could feel the best wanting to break free, but she kept her human form in order to tell Val what to do. Val! Her head snapped to the demon to see if she was ok. If this feral lays a fang or claw on her Harper would tear them from limb to limb.

With another throaty growl she turned her head back to the threat and bared her teeth in a way to say "Back off, you don't want to fight." She couldn't place her finger on it but this werewolf had a different smell from the others she's met. They didn't smell like a pure werewolf, which meant that they must have been a human and were turned. Doesn't make them less of a danger though.

"Val, get in the truck!" Harper barked out. She wasn't going to have Val fight a feral. This was too high of a level for the demon and would ultimately spell disaster if she tried anything.

'But what if I get her killed? What if I can't protect her?'

A doubtful thought came into her head. A thought that she never had before and never once thought about. But it was her own voice that said it clear as day. Shaking her head she snarled and snapped at the air to push any doubt away and to stay focused on her task. Slowly Harper began to walk around the other werewolf, still baring her teeth to warn them to back off and leave. She hoped they would take the message. Just for added effect Harper projected an aura of an alpha to make it very clear that she should not be messed with.

"Leave......now......Before you get hurt.......Only warning....."

Interaction: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Silver- Silver-

Last edited:
Selef seemed a little disappointed when Casey mentioned he had his own spare, and here he thought he was going to be able to help and look cool for a little bit. Fortunately at least the witch had noticed it. He gave a little grin at Hemlock's question. "Yes, us fae are very good at influencing magic in the surrounding area, we just can't shoot it around like you lovely mages can." he explained. "We should hang out sometime, it's always fun to see what magic user can do when they don't have to worry about magic supply. As long as you don't try to clip my claws or steal some scales like that alchemist wanted to." he adds with a little shudder.

It took him a while to notice the music behind him as well as his other senses were dulled when manipulating magic like this, but fortunately Farron speaking was not missed. "Oh, thanks for the warning Farron. I'm certainly not the violent type so I better get out of here, but I was planning to head outside the city for now anyways. He noticed Casey was already proceeding to equip more and more firepower, yup he was definitely a hunter. He assumed the witch was as well. Maybe she'd have a chance to use his little gift after all, though it would only last a about a minute longer without him concentrating on it.

He'd return his attention to Nava. "I feel like this is our cue to get out of here, unless you're also the type that fights monsters?"

~ Wolfhunt ~

Status
Condition:
Nominal
Carrying: 2x pistol, 2x dagger
Time: 2:53 PM

---

Val had just enough time to reach for and draw her pistols before the stark white wolf leapt straight for Harper, it's jaws wide in an act that could be construed as nothing but hostility. A black wolf, out here? And attacking her in particular? Yeah I might be a rookie hunter but I'm not a rookie analyst. She brought bought handguns to bear straight out at the rapidly traversing wolf as her flanneled tutor deftly leapt out of the way of the attack, her fingers tensing just so on the finely tuned triggers as they took up the minuscule amount of slack that prevented them from going off on their own-

"Val, get in the truck!"

What? Why the hells would you go down a partner? Unless... She frowned. She doesn't think I can handle myself. Great. The look in Harper's eyes said she would not be dissuaded, and somehow Val got the sense that disobeying her direct order would go just as poorly. But if I just retreat to the truck, then- wait, I've got an idea. Holstering her twin pistols with a shove apiece, she vaulted into the bed of the truck with a grand flip, landing on her feet and immediately grabbing the shotgun from where it lay. With entirely too practiced motion, the longarm made its way to her shoulder and the barrel snapped up to cover the offending wolf. "S'allright Miss Harper, I 'kin at least cover yeh from 'ere!" Val said, lapsing into some kind of drawl that sounded plucked straight from a 10-cent movie. "Get back to the truck yourself and let's get out of here! I'll make sure it doesn't follow us!"

---

Mention: Silver- Silver-

Last edited:
Casey studied the macabre scene before him. He approached the street towards the vampire, but kept his distance. Supernaturals were a theatrical bunch, but this one seemed to be a real drama queen. He drew the Ka-Bar from its sheathe and gestured towards the vampire. He called out, " 'Ight, ya blood suckin' parasite, let's do this in a way that no one gets hurt! Put your hands on your head so that I don't have to cut you from stem-to-stern!" While he said this, he made a head cutting motion across his neck with the knife. When he was finished, he bent his arm front of him at 90 degree angle while his hand held the knife in reverse. He rested the barrel of the sub-machinegun on his elbow and zeroed in on the vampires head. He spread his feet in a defensive stance and held his ground. He'd let the vamp make her first move. "Her first mistake" he thought.

( Neo Alice Neo Alice )

Hemlock Werwit
Outside of Ma's Diner

"Wait what?" Hemlock said when someone burst out of the diner and started telling them to run in all directions. Running wasn't something that Hemlock often did, mostly just because usually things worth running from often carried very useful items within them, she also didn't really get the big deal. All the stuff going on around did make her spell drop though. Her eye went back to normal and her focus returned. Now she heard the music. "Oh, about that? Kind of loud, you think it's trouble?" She said tilting her head at the question. She almost didn't realize that the little dragon spoke.

"Oh! A fae! I've never met a fae before, and I'd love to share company sometime. I bet that magic thing could do wonders when paired with the right spell, I had a spell up just now and it sort of got boosted into overdrive. It was such an odd experience honestly" she said almost getting into another rant as she did so.

"Ah well, that's a shame" Hemlock said when Casey spoke about the bet being off. He began to walk away and Hemlock didn't follow at first. She absentmindedly went through her bag taking stock of what she'd brought. She'd used the pigeon feather earlier, she still had a caterpillar's cocoon, a salamander's tear, a dragon's scale, and snail's shell. Not a great assortment for combat but enough to keep her safe if some mundane thing tried to jump her. "You said there's danger? I might be able to help with that... Not sure if I should head home and grab some better things first. Do you think you and him could take care of it until I get back?" Hemlock asked looking back at the Athena agent.

Silver- Silver- Aurus Aurus Pacificus Pacificus 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back