• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

BoomersAndMash

Hibernate and vibe
30 years ago humanity had been shook to the core. A force of unknown breached into this dimension, unleashing forces that were up until just stories and fairytales. This incident was called "The Gate" and it had brought about it supernatural beings from all across the imagination. From those that humans have heard of like that of vampires and werewolves, to the more uncommon as that of the neko and fairy dragon. All beings had crossed the gate and into human world. It seemed as though everything stood still, the heavens above and hell below watched with baited breath to see who would strike first. Humans were known to be fearful of what they did not know and the supernatural had been preserved as having god like complex to take over those that were weak.

But by some stroke of luck nether side attacked. Leaders from all sides came together to work out peace, it seemed as though the supernatural were just as confused as the humans and were in no position to start a war. Excluding a small few who had voiced their ideals of taking over the lands and ruling them with iron fist, they were quickly squelched by the majority. No, peace was what was brought upon the humans and supernatural. It seemed as though things would be good.

And it would have been good if those small few who had the ideals of ruling the lands and the humans had been taken seriously. Though they were ignored and pushed aside by the rest of their brothers and sisters they saw that working together they could create a faction that could indeed bring about their ways, bring about the uprising of supernatural and ruling over humanity. Breaking away from the rest of their pack those who wanted nothing more than domination created a new faction. They called themselves The Coven.

This was then how Athena was created, a government organization with trained humans and supernatural that are to keep an eye on everything that is going on and to keep any Coven activities down. Some see Athena as heroes, some see them as overstepping lines. It depends on who you ask though. For the most part Athena has kept humanity and supernatural at peace from both Coven and each other.

With Athena taking on the bigger targets another program was created, Bounties. Smaller targets that couldn't be bothered by Athena were handled by guns for hire, or Hunters as they like to be called. Law enforcement from towns or city are allowed to place bounties on any rogue supernatural that is causing harm and a Hunter can take the bounty. There have been times where Coven have been placed on as a bounty due to the town being too small and unable to wait for Athena to reach them.

It's been 30 years now, 30 years of new rules, new cities, new lives and new ways to go. However what remains the same is that The Coven remains a threat and their time for an uprising is coming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HARPER STEELBITE

The clang of a rickety truck roared down the desert road. A vulture sits by a sign post watching in the distance like a greeter to any newcomers passing by the small town. The air was dry and the sun was beating down the black tar road, while the rust bucket of an old Ford pickup continued to drive on it's path. Inside sat a woman, wearing blue aviators as her left hand rolls a toothpick in her mouth while her right hand holds onto the steering wheel. Her brown hair though short to the chin is in a small pony tail, trying to keep her as cool as can be. Her red flannel sleeves were rolled up to her elbows while some of the buttons were undone showing her white undershirt. A steel necklace was around her neck that was the shape of a wolf tooth.

Her name is Harper Steelbite, member of the Steelbite pack and once a member of Athena, now a Hunter and someone who is keeping her eyes open for Athena agents. Her eyes glanced around the small town as her truck slowed down, Hartfield. Looks like a new town that popped up from when The Gate opened. She watched as folks looked up and stared at her truck. She figured they didn't get many newcomers around her and she would stick out like a sore thumb. With this knowledge Harper made her way quickly to the local diner, a place where she could grab a bite and also hear the local gossip about anything going on.

Turning her truck to the nearest diner Harper parked her truck and looked up to see what it was called and gave out a small snort. "Ma's Diner: Best eats that you can't beat!" How generic it was. If she had to figure it was some supernatural that owns the diner and was at the beginning trying to fit in and then just never changed the title. Getting out of the truck she could feel her jeans and boots soak up the suns rays and hastened her pace to the building. She needed to cool off, being a werewolf had it's perks but being in the heat was not one of them. As she opened the door a bell chimed and those who were sitting in the front of the diner turned their head to see who walked in. She could feel their eyes judging and staring. Trying to figure out why a newcomer was here. It felt like an eternity before a woman's voice broke the silence.

"Just one?"

Harper looked at the young woman, she couldn't have been no more than twenty to twenty two and was holding a menu. Nodding Harper took a step forward as the waitress smiled and waved her hand in a friendly gesture for her to follow. "Follow me. I'll put you in the back. We don't get many new faces here." It was as if the waitress knew Harper didn't want to draw attention and was doing her a favor. Following her to the back of the diner the waitress placed the menu down at the table and waited until Harper sat down.

"I'll get you some water and be back to take your order. Take your time by the way there's no rush." With another smile the waitress walked away, leaving Harper to focus and listen to any gossip. She also kept her eyes on the diner door. Just in case someone she knew happened to walk in. This was just another day and a life of a Hunter.​

~(Sr.) Val'sharra Nightshroud~
~ The Trail ~

Condition:
Nominal
Wearing: Semi-formal outfit
Carrying: 2x pistol, 2x dagger
Time: 2:00 PM

---

How long had it been? Minutes, hours, days, had seemed to pass as Val walked along the dusty road, the occasional tumbleweed the only companion to her on her desolate journey. She wasn't exactly sure where she was headed, nor how much longer it would take, but the unshakable faith in her deity compelled her ownward, down the road. If she could just make it, she knew that whatever she was destined to do would be there. The sun overhead beat down upon her like a toaster set to the "burnt" setting, its harsh rays soaking into her dark outfit and turning it into a veritable oven of its own, threatening at every step to overwhelm her with its latent heat. In the distance, the air seemed to shimmer and sway, visions of unknown origin dancing in the mirage that the desert heat summoned to the dusty realm. And as the dust began to kick up, the demoness was forced to stop and cover her eyes, lest she be digging granules of sand out of her eye sockets for the next twenty minutes.

As the dust devil slowly dissipated, through the mirage she saw something just peeking out from the horizon. She blinked and squinted her eyes in the blinding light, and slowly her eyes refocused into the distance, spotting a town... albeit not much of one. Wherever that is, I get the feeling that's where I'm supposed to be, she thought, giving the small hamlet a few more seconds of consideration before letting out a long sigh. Only one way to find out. She took a deep breath, readjusted her leg holsters, and set out again towards the town in the distance, pondering if perhaps this too was a mirage.

Thankfully, the town was not some trick of the eye nor the brain, and as she drew near, she began to truly feel the thirst that she had been mentally holding at bay come rushing in all at once, threating to shrivel her up like a sun-dried tomato then and there. Spotting a diner she gave a silent prayer of thanks to her Creator, before pushing the door open slowly, only to meet the collective eyes of the entire clientele, who to a man, looked first at her clothes, then her hair, then her horns. Oh boy... knew I should have worn a hat. Quickly swinging her own gaze towards the lone waitress who appeared to be running the house, she raised a hand in greeting. "If I could get a glass of water, I'd be greatly in your debt." Rapidly she scanned the interior of the restaurant, trying to find a spot that would put her in the least danger from a local who decided they weren't particularly a fan of a spawn of the devil. Before long, her eyes locked on a woman by herself well in the back, who appeared to be quite in contrast to the remainder of the regulars. She nodded to herself, and then spoke to the waitress again. "Right, I'll be in the back then. Many thanks to you, miss." Before anybody could say anything else, she quickly hotfooted it to the back of the diner, sliding into the booth next to the woman in flannel.

"Hey, nice to meet you, I don't suppose I could ask one out of towner to watch another's back?" She glanced back to the main area of the eatery. "I kinda get the sense the folk around here might take slight umbrage at... well me, to put it bluntly."

----

Interaction: BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash

Last edited:
HARPER STEELBITE

The waitress brought had brought Harper her water like she promised and left her alone to tend to the other folks, it seemed as though she was more trying to keep them from bothering the newcomer. This woman was going to get a nice tip. Pulling up the glass Harper took a small sip as she took her phone out to check any messages that had come through. No new emails, no messages, just some old news about some Hunters catching a rogue banshee that was haunting a old house. Nothing special. Her finger tapped against the plastic top of the table before a smell came across her nose.

Picking her head up Harper heard the door open and watched as another woman walked in, another outsider. The smell was that of a supernatural and Harper's eyes locked onto the horns, to which she was damn sure everyone else was staring at. It seemed the waitress was trying her best to keep the crowd from causing any more commotion and was about to help the new person to the table, but Harper watched as the outsider locked eyes with hers and seemed to quickly tell the waitress she was going to sit in the back.

'Shit.' the werewolf thought in her head. If this was Athena she was going to have to find a quick exit. Coven, this place was going to be lit up like the 4th of July. If it was another Hunter Harper would just have her guard up. She always feared that one day she would become a hunted. Once the woman came up to the table Harper listened to her question and mused over it before placing her phone back down and leaning back.

"Well we both stick out a little bit. One such as yourself with horns sticks out a little more than me." Harper pointed up to the woman horns as she slid out a chair with her boot and nodded for them to sit. She watched closely to their movements and kept her guard up and hand close to her pockets, where her knives were. Her shotgun was back in the truck but her pistol was conceded behind her. It also doesn't hurt to be able to transform into a hulking beast if things go south. "Gotta ask what brings a demon here? Don't see your kind that much and when I do you're none too friendly."

Interaction: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

~ The Diner ~

Condition:
Dehydrated
Time: 2:02 PM

---

The chair sliding out before her was as good a sign as any, though Val'sharra could read the suspicion on the other woman's face. She'd have to try and put the woman's nerves at easy; easier said then done when you were a complete stranger who just wandered off the street. "Thanks," the demoness said, sliding into the seat quietly and scooting her way to the table. "Yeah... not much I can do about that, unfortunately, if I hide the horns, it's the tail, if I hide the horns and the tail, it's the hair, and if I wear a bloody bedsheet over me and poke out two holes, then it's the eyes!" Val sighed as she recounted her trials of attempting to go incognito with an appearance such as hers. The pang of thirst struck her again, and for a moment, her eyes widened towards the glass of water sitting on the table, but for the sake of propriety (and for not making any sudden movements) she held off, waiting for her own beverage to arrive.

"What brings me here? It's... tough to say, honestly. I'm a bit of a wanderer by nature, you see. Heard about prospects for becoming a Hunter out here, and started wanderin' my way over, and before you know it, I'm sittin' here in the middle of a dust bowl with you. Didn't expect this place to be so dry, I mean... I know it's in a desert, but this is still supposed to be civilization, right?"

---

Hemlock Werwit
Current Location: Arizona

"The magical properties of Cacti..." Hemlock spoke to herself, she poked her writing utensil on her chin while she thought about what to write. She'd set up a small 'research' station in an outlying town in the desert. Mostly to try and test desert plant-life for any magical quality. Hemlock was very much convinced that this mundane human world could be manipulated for magical means, just because she hadn't had any success yet didn't mean she was wrong. So far the only thing of note she had discovered was that bare feet and cacti did not mix well. The paper on her table was blank aside from a small note which read.

Invest in shoes.

She used a needle to poke at the cactus before her. The oversized hat on her head protected her from the worst of the sun and for that the witch was thankful. "You are just a spiky normal plant then?" Hemlock asked, sounding slightly disappointed. She was sort of unsure why she waited for an answer before she poked the cactus into an open bag with the needle and snapped her fingers. There was a slight purplish light as the table shrunk into a set that may have been used as a doll set. She tossed that in the bag as well and tied it to her hip. Maybe a quick drink would do well. She made her way over towards the diner which she'd seen before coming into town. There were a few glances towards the woman with the big witch hat but no more than could be expected from someone who dressed oddly. She went into the restaurant and found most eyes were fixed on a pair of women in the back. She didn't think much of it.

Hemlock took a seat and ordered a water and while glancing around she noticed one of the woman sported a pair of horns.

Oh, so that was why. She took a sip of her drink and decided against approaching them for the moment. None of her business at the moment anyway.

Nearby: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash

HARPER STEELBITE

Another Hunter, her nerves eased a little but she still wasn't going to let them down. Now the question was who was she hunting and where was she going? Noticing the eyes glancing down at her water Harper could guess that this person was thirsty, it wouldn't be a surprise. Outside felt like hell on earth and even she wondered how these folks here could stand it. Hearing another foot step Harper didn't need to look up as she could tell that it was the waitress coming over with another glass of water and placed it down where her guest was sitting.

"Sorry hon, just had to talk to some locals and send them on their way. They're not use to seeing some new faces and had some questions. Anyways here's a menu for you and I'll be back to talk your orders."

As the waitress walked away Harper turned her attention back to the demon, they were interesting but she didn't trust them. Even though they were both Hunters it didn't mean that they were automatically friends. Picking up her water Harper saw the door swing open again, her eye brows raised a little seeing a woman walk in with a witches hat. Not trying to hide who she is at all. This was becoming a supernatural meeting spot.

Clearing her throat Harper spoke a little lower to the demon. "Deserts are normally dry. If you're not prepared for it you're going to get hurt. A little reckless of you to be under prepared if you want to be a Hunter." Harper mused to her, tapping the table. She wasn't sugar coating her words. If they wanted to be a Hunter they needed to be prepared. And be ready for anything.

Interaction: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Yahhah Yahhah

Casey Nilos. Hartfield, Arizona.

Casey's pickup sped down the interstate on its way into town. Sand and dust were stirred in the wake of the vehicle as it traveled down the hot tarmac at 65mph. Casey fought the urge to fall asleep in the driver seat. In the passenger seat, sat his duffle bag of hunting equipment. A few ammo cans were stowed on the floorboards. His FGC-9 rested on the center console. Hartfield, Arizona was a long ways outside his usual hunting grounds. Durango, Colorado was hundreds of miles behind him. He had never gone this far out of his way for a Bounty before. But Durango was running dry. Thus, the hunter went where the prey roamed. The locals had put up a hefty Bounty in Hartfield. It was submitted by the local PD but was sponsored by Athena. That meant it was "hi-pri", or high-priority. Atleast, as high as contracted Bounties went. Usually, Athena dealt with the big ones themselves. This was a rare opportunity to make serious gold without Athenian bureaucrats gumming up the process.

Casey began to pay more attention as the town came into view. Hartfield was small, but relatively new. The few years it had been around weren't kind to it. It was small, dusty and the population numbered a few hundred. Mostly made up of Supernaturals. It looked like something out of modern western. Casey slowed with the speed-limit down to 30mph as he rolled into town. He turned onto the main drag and drove until he reached the far end of it. The locals gave him a couple curious glances. It didn't matter if anyone recognized him as an outsider. As long as they minded their own business. On one side of the street, there were a series of small shops and a large general store. The other side featured a mechanics garage and a diner with a small parking lot between them. Casey pulled into the lot and parked in the row directly opposite another truck. They were the only two vehicles in the lot.

Casey didn't get out at first. He retrieved his phone the center console and pulled up Athena's Bounties app. He examined the bounty he was here for. A vampire by the name of Suvius. Apparently, not native to the area. He was fugitive from Athena. The suspect photo attached showed a male in his early 30's. Pale skin, strong muscles, shaved head, red eyes. He was wanted for preying on human victims without consent, usually killing them in the process. His bodycount was currently 5 and 1 police officer. Pretty typical charges for a rogue vamp. Under the "Special Abilities" tab it stated he had increased strength, sped and stamina after feeding.

The thing that made him valuable were his ties to a Coven cell in Phoenix, from where he was fleeing. Local PD wanted him dead. Athena was offering a bonus to deliver him alive.

But first... food. Casey stowed the SMG in his bag, which he left in the truck, and patted the 1911 that was concealed beneath his jacket in a shoulder holster. He killed the engine and headed inside the diner. It didn't matter if someone marked him as a hunter. The Bounty wouldn't skip town until nighttime. T'was the nature of a vampire. Casey went inside and was shown to a seat by the waitress. He was placed in a corner near the front. Despite appearances, the diner seemed rather busy. He concerned himself with the menu, hunger an ever increasing feeling in his stomach. This didn't stop him from noticing the demon in the back corner, however. Good. Someone to keep the attention off of him.

(In vicinity of: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Yahhah Yahhah BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash )

Steffie, in the middle of downtown somewhere probably she really doesn't care

The grey cat casually self-grooming on a random rooftop. She had been wandering in this realm for some time now, the engineering science on this side is interesting, she couldn't even imagine things like 100 story skyscraper to be possible when she was living on the other side. Anyway, this is apparently just a random residential apartment, towering 35 floor, and people seems to be nice, at first they thought she was stuck and tried to rescue her, until she is so annoyed by their effort that she has to demonstrate she can come and go as she please, now they just leave foods around from time to time. Living on the roof feels like she's on top of the world, winds are good, life is great, sometimes planes could fly low on top of her head preparing to land in the nearby airport, those giant steel machine also doesn't seem to rely on magic...or hot air, to fly. They just emits loud noises that could disturb her sleeping.

She stretches her feline body, feeling comfortable and relaxed before she curled up into a crescent inside a paper box that people left for her, and fallen sound asleep.

Selef
Somewhere above Phoenix Arizona

Selef was doing his special rounds today, a special mail carrier cap upon his head with antennae poking out of it it. He was hauling a somewhat bulky bag with a single package remaining within. Sure he was undisputed in tracking down magic users, but did Athena have to send him off to visit the ones in the most inconvenient locations? Who would be out in the middle of the desert of all places, he really did not understand the other races. Why not settle somewhere lush and green... and sparkly! Regardless, he wasn't one to struggle in areas like this, he did not need food or water after all, just a bit of magic. Fortunately, he'd already sniffed out a blooming desert soul lily on the way here. The flower was a hard to find and supposedly valuable magical flower that had crossed over in to this world after the gate had opened, incredibly rare to most, but to him it was just an every day tasty treat. It had a somewhat sweet and warm taste to it, kind of like a warm candy of sorts, it almost made putting up with the heat worth it... almost.

With the flower tucked in to his hat like a head accessory, the fairy dragon finally picked up the trail of the one he was looking for. It seemed to be within some badly named diner. Actually, there were a lot of interesting smells in there now that he focused on it. Whatever it was, he was dying to find out. His first obstacle the door was no problem at all. He'd spent many years figuring out the complex puzzle that were doors in this world. He just had to.. uh... find the right spot to press? Three tries, only three tries to get it this time and he was in! His target was at a table with someone else irrelevant to his job, a somewhat inconspicuous man in a hoodie leaning over his food! He would ignore the staff and head straight over to him, laser focused on his target. He'd reach in to his bag and pull out the small brown plain package. "Here you go, hopefully this makes your day even better!" he says with his best smile, placing it in front of the man. He would then politely move away a couple feet and hop up on an empty chair, admiring all the special foods and drinks all about. Eating and drinking seemed like a lot of fun. After all, other people do it all the time.

Perhaps this would be a good time for his snack before heading somewhere greener.

Nava Arnumi
Ma's Diner

Dusty roads and rolling tumbleweeds were on the road Nava had driven on. Her speakers blasted 90's alt for hours, and the noise helped to fill her brain with the right kind of fuzz, to help rearrange her thoughts, and to help clear her head. It had been a long drive, but it was what she needed.

Somewhere in the center of a crowded diner, Nava sat with her fingers on a half empty glass of water. Her burger and fry meal had already been wolfed down and she sat in a haze, her doe eyes wandering around as she thought about what had happened the night before. Yesterday was the perfect amount of sun and breeze, and she was at her parents house to visit them and have dinner. But something was off. They looked tired, as if they were working overtime, and it concerned her. While they were busy in the kitchen, she snuck into their study and found a new case filled of censored names and a misconduct report from Athena. She had a hard time not keeping her mouth shut, but she didn't say anything when she came back. She knew how they were--and that they would always advocate for Athena and focus on their good deeds as opposed to their mistakes.

So here she sat, becoming more and more anti-Athena, anti-Hunter, and anti-police by each passing day. That's when she noticed a familiar face come in, a face she recognized only from paper. She could have sworn that this was a Hunter ( Pacificus Pacificus ) , a well-known one at that from documents she had seen in her parent's study while scouring for information. As he got to a seat, she glared at him for a brief moment, and then looked around the rest of the diner to see if it looked like there was going to be trouble.

Scanning the tables around her and snapping back to reality, she spotted a group of varied people, that seemed to have the dispositions of Hunters too ( BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Yahhah Yahhah Aurus Aurus ). She wondered if they were undercover, all on a mission together, or happened upon each other. Although it was pretty busy in the diner at this time, it seemed unusual for so many Hunters to be in the same small area at one time, and this made Nava's heartbeat quicken as a bubbly waitress approached her to fill her water, she smiled up at her before looking back at the Hunters around her.

Last edited:
Hemlock Werwit
Current Location: Ma's Diner

The water was good, clear and cold. Exactly how water should be served in any place, especially one this hot and dry. Hemlock took some sips of the drink while tapping one of her fingers on the table. While she was glancing around her eyes kept on going back to the woman speaking with the demon. She looked sort of familiar. Which was odd, the witch rarely had trouble remembering things. There was more sound by the entrance and Hemlock glanced over to see a man enter the diner. She didn't have trouble realizing he was a hunter. Wait a minute, was that other woman a hunter as well?

Had she accidentally stumbled upon some secret hunter hideout while investigating cacti... Probably not. Sure, the organization didn't tell her anything but this place had too many civilian looking people for that. Unless that was part of the ruse of course. Maybe there was a bounty in town, for a moment Hemlock wondered what it could be. She was running low on wyvern venom. Could she be so lucky?

Probably not.

She was in that thought when something else entered the room, a little dragon by the looks of it. Oh goodness it had a little bag and everything. Hemlock didn't see actual dragons often, they did carry some very useful magical things but what sort of monster could look at that little thing and plot to pick it apart?

Striking up a conversation may be a good use of time if something was going on in town but who to talk to. Someone else entered the diner and they seemed to be fixing herself and the other individuals that looked like hunters with some odd looks.

She wasn't going to approach that one, or the two women in the back. It was sort of rude to barge into a conversation. Little dragon or mystery man?

The little dragon was tempting but the little thing seemed intent on their menu. Mystery man it was then, she could chat up the little one once they'd had a drink. "Hey there" Hemlock said when she got had gotten to her feet and made her way over. "So... What brings you into town? If ya don't mind me asking of course. Just wondering cause there's... A lot" Hemlock pointed over at the other hunters and the other assorted folks who'd caught her interest. She didn't feel the need to elaborate.
Interactions: Pacificus Pacificus

Nearby: BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash PixelSymphony PixelSymphony 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings Aurus Aurus

~ The Offer ~

Status
Condition:
Dehydrated
Time: 2:05 PM

---

"Oh that's quite all right, miss," Val'sharra replied to the waitress with, accepting the glass graciously and putting down more than a bit of a gulp before the glass touched the table. "I guess I can't blame them; this is a bit hard of a place to find you know? I would have walked right by if I hadn't spotted it from main highway some miles up. But anyway, many thanks again." The demoness took the menu though admittedly she was going to need to get a bit more hydration to her brain before she would even be ready to consider food; nonetheless she popped the laminated booklet open to at least make a show of normality, lest any of the locals think she existed solely off the freshly harvested souls of men.

Val caught the eyes of her diner companion paying across her; she wasn't naive enough to think that this stranger was immediately going to trust her but she definitely seemed to be one of the more cautious ones she'd ever met. That said, when the other woman's eyes glanced behind Val's current position at the door swinging open yet again, she took the moment to break eye contact and look as well, spotting a girl in a pointed hat which did little to conceal any hints of her identity. Interesting. From then on, whenever the door would open again, Val would sneak a peek; she considered it good practice to keep an eye on anyone who'd spotted her, and from the looks of it, those who came in were DEFINITELY looking towards the back of the room. So far she'd counted a man in a leather coat with an intensely focused visage, a strange looking dragon with some manner of headgear, and actually from the clientele that were already there, a woman with dusky skin who was casting glances their way far to often to be mere curiosity. Ugh, I feel like a circus side show right now.

As she drained the glass of its contents, Val took a moment to think of how to respond to the woman's chastisement of her earlier actions before sighing, quickly conceding a argumentative defeat. "Yeah... you're right. There's a lot of other ways that my wandering could have ended up, mostly not good. As I said, I'm new to the discipline: looks like I've got a few things still to learn." She thought in silence for a moment, taking the time to now look the other woman over. "So I take it you're a Hunter as well, then..." she began quietly, still half in thought. "Well, hey, how about this. Since you're more experienced than me, how about taking me on as your apprentice? It'd get me up to speed on what I'm supposed to be doing in this field, and you'd get a set of eyes and a choice set of skills to back you up, which... well, given the sheer quantity of unique sorts that I'm noticing in this very establishment," she continued, a sideways glance indicating what she had picked up on, "I figure you might be interested in. So whaddya think? Sound good?" Val's lips tipped upwards in a smile as she awaited the stony-faced lady's answer, as she continued awkwardly trying to suck any moisture out of the remaining ice cubes in her glass.

---

Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah , Pacificus Pacificus , Aurus Aurus , 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings

Last edited:
HARPER STEELBITE

The building was becoming crowded and Harper could feel herself becoming itchy. Too many eyes and too many chances of one of them being Coven or Athena. She wanted to get out of there as fast as she could. Her fingers drummed quickly against the table as her foot began to bounce slightly. A dragon, a witch, a human and a demon were all here under one roof and she knew it was looking suspicious as hell to any of the locals. And it bothered Harper more that whenever people walked in they would immediately turn to look at the back. More eyes on her meant more chances of getting caught.

'I need to get out of here. I can pick up a bounty at the local sheriffs and be on my way. Or just cut my losses and skip this town. Too many Hunters and not enough ground to share.'

Harper was lost in her thought that she almost missed the proposal offered to her by the demon. Her eyes snapped back seeing the hopeful smile on her face. They were new to the game and already made a rookie mistake by being underprepared, but taking a rookie under her wing meant making sure they would be safe and listen to her. The werewolf sighed leaning her head back closing her eyes as she ran her left hand through her hair. "Kid......That's a big ask. You don't even know me and right now you're surrounded by other Hunters who I'm sure could train you better than me. First off, what makes you think I could train you? Second off, why should I trust you?" Harper sat back up looking at the demon square in the eye. "And third what makes you think you can trust me? Some Hunters don't play well with one and other. And I've been a lone wolf for awhile."

The last time she had commanded someone was when she was a squad leader of her own group in Athena, before she abandon the organization and left it all behind to burn. It was something that she still has nightmares about. How her squad almost took out an entire town of humans and it was made to look like The Coven. If it wasn't for her quick thinking they would have had innocent blood on their hands.

A loud crack snapped Harper back to reality, Looking down to where the sound came from she hadn't noticed that her hand was gripping the edge of the table hard until it gave way under her strength. Slowly letting go she took a slow deep breath in, trying not to draw more attention to them. In a low tone Harper spoke calm but firm. "Order anything you want. I will pay for it. Then follow me to my truck. We leave quietly. Do not look at anyone, do not talk to anyone. The less attention we get the better. Understood?" Her eyes locked back to the demons waiting for her answer. She wanted to get out of there and then make her decision of having them as a partner.

Interacting: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
Around: Pacificus Pacificus , 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings , Aurus Aurus , Yahhah Yahhah

Ember Flames 🔥
Ember tucked her Amethyst Dagger into her boot and entered the diner. She had just moved to town after fleeing from her cave after her Dragon family was killed. The adorable Catgirl waitress named Kitty sat her down in an unoccupied booth and took her order. Ember ordered a Bloody Mary, thanked Kitty, and started looking at the menu that Kitty gave her.

Kitty Paws
Kitty woke up this morning and started her shift at the diner. It was very busy today but Kitty was always happy to serve customers. She had a cup of Coffee and wrote on the chalkboard, “Special Today: Kitty’s Fried Chicken with Mac and Cheese and Collard Greens”. Kitty ran around handing customers their drinks, it was mostly waters and a Bloody Mary. She handed out menus and gave them some time to decide what they want. Kitty went around to all the tables, “Do you know what you would like to eat today? If not I can come back, By the way if you need anything, My name is Kitty.” She told all the customers with a smile and walked away to put in the orders for the people who knew what they wanted.

Steffie

Roof-->Ma's Diner

The grey tabby woke up from her quiet slumber and looked around, and then proceeds to shakes her head for half a second to clear up her mind. She's spend almost whole day on the roof, perhaps its time to do some random things.

She went down the outer wall of the skyscraper with its drainage and air conditioner, parkour style. As a cat she had excellent dynamic vision and sense of balance. She landed on the ground floor on top of some iron plate sheds, scaring away some sparrows, and Ma's Diner is just across the road.

Places like this was that Steffie first encountered a human as a kitten, who she later learned was the most vicious of all, a group known as the "human children". She was told that from time to time human would catch cats and cook them for dinner. She was then just a kitten who knew nothing, so she did not feel particularly scared. She just felt weird when that girl carried her in her palm. She remember sitting on the girl's palm and saw her face for the first time. That was the first time she had ever seen a human being, and the impression that "humans are weird" still lingers in her mind today. First of all, her face, which should have been fluffy, was bare, as if an iron pot. Since then, although Steffie have met many cats, she have rarely seen cats with the same disfigurement. Except for the one breed known as sphynx cat.

It all seems to be a long time ago now. The memories are blurred.

In the alley that no one was watching, Steffie transformed into the form of a teenage human girl, with waist long grey hair and a pair of ruby-like red eyes. She went into Ma's Diner and got seated at a table next to the window and ordered a few items. She had enjoyed fishes a lot since when she was just a simple cat, so she placed the order for a Trout fillet with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce, Baked Salmon in Foil and Roasted Mackerel with Sweet Paprika. After the waiter finish taking orders, Steffie looked around and notice one of the waitress is a cat girl...who introduce herself as Kitty.

Isn't that kinda like a human girl calling herself "Baby"? Steffie silently thought while sipping water from her glass.

Kitty
Kitty heard her name called from the back, she went into the kitchen to get a customer’s order. They had ordered multiple yummy looking fish, Kitty might just have to have one of them on her lunch break. Kitty took the Fish and hurried out of the Kitchen, placing them down on the table in front of a cat girl like herself. “Here you go hun, Trout in Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce, Baked Salmon in Foil, and Roasted Mackerel with Sweet Paprika. Careful, the plates are hot, and my name is Kitty if you need anything else, enjoy your food “ Kitty said smiling. She waited for the catgirl to respond and then continued to wait on her other tables.

Steffie
Ma's Diner

"Thank you" Steffie said as the dishes are being placed on the table, steaming with delicious smell "May I ask, What is the Wi-Fi password here?"

Kitty
The Catgirl asked for the WiFi Password, Kitty gave her a little slip of Paper that said WiFi Password: 5QTPI7248XYZCL3 and then scurried off to take care of the other customers in the diner.

Casey was digging in to a burger when a stranger came over to his table. A little unexpected, but supernaturals were like that. Always unexpected. When the woman asked what he was doing here, he leaned back in his seat. "Hmph, and here I was thinkin' I was bein' slick." He remarked. He didn't stop to contemplate the question. He just gave the woman the same copy+paste answer he gave anyone who asked him that. "I'm just on some business. I won't be here long." He said with a polite smile. "What about you? I'm assuming you're local?" He asked.

(interaction: Yahhah Yahhah )

Ember
The Catgirl came back and placed Ember’s Bloody Mary on the table.
“What can I get’cha?” Kitty, the waitress asked her. “Could I please get the special on the board? Kitty’s Fried Chicken with Mac and cheese and Collard Greens please, and could I get some Frank’s Red Hot please?” Ember asked the waitress who from her name tag, appeared to be the Kitty who made the Fried Chicken special. “Coming right up hun” Kitty replied and left for the kitchen to get her order. Kitty came back and put the plate down and left to tend to the other customers. Ember put some of the hot sauce on her Collard Greens and happily scarfed down her meal and planned her next course of action.

Selef
Ma's Diner

Selef was happily people watching for the moment. He took the rare flower off his hat and held it in front him for a second before giving a good chomp on it and enjoying the sweet taste of its magic. Surprisingly there were a bunch of other magical Aura's here he could take a bite out of, but this flower was his reward to himself for a job well done today so he'd enjoy that too. He did wonder if something was going to happen here though, he was pretty sure he recognized some of the people here as hunters, at least one Aegis agent was here, and a couple magic users he hadn't met before. It wasn't very common to see such a mix gathered in a small place.

It doesn't take him very long to finish his food. He leaves the drained flower on the table next to the dishes left behind by someone who left recently. He briefly considers ditching the place, he was primarily interested in the one with the giant hat but she seemed busy, and something was telling him something dangerous might happen here with so many abnormal types about. In fact, after thinking about it, he decides to at least head outside. Fortunately a lot of people we're coming in so slipping out the door was no problem.

Nava Arnumi
Ma's Diner

Nava was continuing with her people-watching before a waitress gave her a bill and she paid with a 20. Suddenly, she heard a snap on her right and looked around to see that a part of the table had broken off by an intense looking woman with short brown hair ( BoomersAndMash BoomersAndMash ) who was now sitting with another woman with black horns and white hair ( PixelSymphony PixelSymphony ). They both looked to be Hunters, and she wondered what they were discussing. Could she move closer without looking suspicious? Probably not.

She decided that she was going to try and either (1) talk to one of them that seemed open enough to giving her some more information on Athena or (2) if they all seemed to be secretive, to follow whatever route they were heading. Either option made her feel a little anxious, and her eyes darted to the other Hunters she had spotted. Looking towards another pair of them she saw the man eating a burger ( Pacificus Pacificus ) and talking with a lady with a large witch's hat ( Yahhah Yahhah ). Finally, she looked to the dragon of beautiful colors ( Aurus Aurus ) leave the diner, and she suddenly stood up, looked towards her bill and 20, and decided today she would leave a larger tip than normal. Following them outside, she approached them cautiously outside, smiling tentatively.

"Hey," her voice was high in her nervousness.

Selef
Outside Ma's Diner

Selef would turn around to the one that had walked up to him after he left. Normally he would find this extremely suspicious, but something about this one melted away his concern. Like there was something familiar about her. Thus, there was something more genuine about the smile he beamed up at Nava. "Oh, hello!" he'd say, giving a quick flutter as he hopped up on a nearby pickup's hood so he wouldn't be at her feet. It always helped if people didn't have to look so far down to talk to him.

"It's always nice to meet a new friendly face. My name is Selef, tracker and postdragon extraordinaire. Er well, just for the magical types though." he said to introduce himself. He even gave a little head bow along with it.

Interaction: 4scorelightnings 4scorelightnings
Also he's on Casey's pickup if he cares: Pacificus Pacificus

Steffie
Ma’s Diner

The cat girl silently finishes her meal, she looked around and her instinct tells her no one is watching. She then got up and asked one of the waiter for the direction to the restroom, she went in their, shapeshifts into her cat form and made a run for the back alley through the window. It’s kind of exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back