• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
(Technically speaking, this is a science-fantasy roleplay. Think huge technology combined with epic fantasy. You know elves? There's a whole planet of them! Works too. Magic? That's real! A race so advanced they get their energy directly from their star? Yep! Basically, if you dream it, it's real and belongs here.)

Eons ago, the Collision changed the state of all universes. In this monumental event, the fabric of reality tore itself apart and reshaped itself. Almost every reality that could exist melded into one. Life from billions of planets in an uncountable number of realities coalesced into one super reality where everything exists in a relatively close proximity. Fantasy world and world's of boundless technology now a mere 2 day space flight away. Somehow, not a single soul was lost during these incredibly uncertain times.

Due to the new proximity, the more technologically advanced societies starting to connect the planets through science. Soon enough, even the nation's stuck in the middle ages were space faring. Magic Craftsman added their skills to the mix, resulting in wide spread advances across all the planets. Works gained the ability to make Sonic axes and pollution on several planets ended entirely. Universal translation was common and the world was a better place for it.

However, the world was not as connected as people thought. This world reality was eventually called "The Mortal Plane". This was due to the discovery of the "God Plane". These planes of existence were separated by a veil of dark matter. A few Mortal Plane residents had the ability to look through it and saw that there was another plane on the other side. They thought little of it as nothing could cross dark matter. Until they did.

From this reality, the Divine pushed through. Beings made of energy, closely resembling Biblical descriptions of Angels, Hindu Asura, and pretty much any divine being mentioned in mythology or religion that was not a god or God. They came down with horses of ships made of solid light, shining cities floating on gold discs and number beyond reason. The damage they left was immense. Many planets were destroyed. Then they left as soon as they came.

This event was called "The First Angel Fall". To date, there have been 3 angel falls with periodic attacks in between. The combined nations agree that they needed to fight back.

They created the Mortal Coil Core. A specialized, interplanetary defense military. This core built the Barrier Ring. A massive artificial land mass that encircles the entirety of the universe. Outposts set up throughout the universe and the largest space ship fleet in the Mortal Planes combined historical record. They are the single greatest force the new reality has to offer and they stand by, ready to defend everything from the threat of the Divine and hope to one day destroy the God Plane.

Okay, so let me start off by saying YES!

Whatever you want to make, whatever you want to run by me, the answer will most likely be yes. So long as it's not a game breaking thing. You want to make a whole new race? Go for it! I will probably make it part of the story. Got a weapon idea? Run it by me. I will most likely say yes.

So long as it falls into the style of this roleplay, go for it.

We will be playing a single platoon in the Mortal Coil Core. I will take commander since this world is mine. We will be doing missions, patrolling space, fixing magical rifts and all sorts of stuff. I have an entire story line for us, but I also have many alternative paths and side stories we can do. Now a few things:

- For the time being I am only allowing one character each. If not too many people want to join, then sure, I will let you make more.

-Depending on how many want in, I may make a discord.

- Follow RPN rules please.

- Respect others. Also, I am looking for at least a post a week. Two paragraphs a post at least. If you need to take some time for whatever reason, just tell me so I know.

- Romance is allowed and encouraged, but don't make your love life more important than the story.

Okay, I look forward to this. Hopefully you guys like it too.

I love this already.

I tried to make something similiar to this, but did not handle so well. I have so many characters and Ideas!

I also sadly cannot join discord :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back