Story Human Golem

TanteRegenbogen

The Person formerly known as Anii ⚧
Prologue

It was a chilly spring morning as a teenage school girl left her family home to rush to the train station. Everything seemed normal. She was usually late. The wind kept blowing her dark brown hair into her face, while was annoying. A look at her phone and she began to run. "Crap. Only three minutes until the train leaves." She said under her breath. Within two minutes, she was in front of the train station. She swiped her pass at the automatic gate and ran up the escalator. Her train wasn't there yet. The LED panel said her train was two minutes late due to an incident.

Suddenly, the sky then lit up to a bright white and red. Blinded by the light, the girl just said: "What?" After that everything faded to white.

Rebirth

In a dark cavern, a robed man was drawing on the rocky ground with a piece of chalk. The drawings seemed to be a spell circle of some sort. The purpose of the circle was yet to be known. All that could probably be determined is that the man had probably been drawing it for a while now as it looked intricate. Finally finished with the spell circle, the man picked up his staff and went to the center of the circle. He tapped his staff on the ground and focussed his power into his staff to the spell circle. Then his eyes shot open as the spell circle began to glow red.

"Crap. I forgot the catalyst." The man said, yet he couldn't move. His feet were locked in place on the spell circle. Then he said: "Ouch." before disappearing in a mist of blood.

As the mist cleared, a young adult woman or at least a figure that appeared to be one, stood at the place where the robed man stood. She had dark brown hair and a white gem on her forehead. Her eyes were closed, but as soon as her gem turned blue, she opened her eyes. In shock, she looked around, unfamiliar with her surroundings. Just moments before, she stood at a train station and now she stood in a dimly lit cavern. She seemed to be standing in a puddle. As she looked down, the puddle was red or brown. The lack of light made it difficult to discern the color of the liquid. Near her on the ground was a robe. Still shaky on her legs, she went to grab the robe, noticing it was soaked.

She tried to speak, but nothing came out. All of a sudden, an interface appeared before her. She tried to reach out to it, but her hand went right through it. It seemed either not corporeal or something only she saw. The interface read:

「 General 」 「 Attributes 」 「 Skills 」 「 Special 」

Name: None
Species: Golem
Element: Human
Level: 1
HP: 100
MP: 150
Skill Points: 5

Please allocate skill points.

The young woman then thought: "What is this? Am I in a game? Species is golem? And element is human?! What is that supposed to mean?! Normally elements are stuff like air, fire, earth and water in role playing games!" She then looked further down. "Level 1? MP? Cool! It's a world with magic I guess. I bet I got isekai'd. But then what happened back in my world? Nevermind. I can't think about that now. I first need to see how to use these skill point and how many skills they can buy me." She thought since she still wasn't capable of speaking.

She then somehow managed to open the skill tab. There were countless skills. This list was insanely long and towards the bottom, skills cost upwards of 1000 skill points. Important first were useful skills. Skill that were going to help her around this world. She quickly found verbal skills with the description that they were influenced by the charisma attribute. "Speaking level 1. SP cost: 1" Yes! First skill down. She tried saying something but when she tried to speak her old language, her mouth wouldn't cooperate and she'd just babble like a baby. It seemed she would even have to learn a language too. She looked through the list again and noticed many different languages. One skill however was called "Common language (Tocha) level 1". If she remembered correctly from school, a common language meant that is understood across different nations, even when it is not the national language. So in her old world for instance, English, Spanish or even Hindi for example were common languages.

She decided to take the common language skill too. The woman decided to give it a shot. It really was a basic level skill as what came out of her mouth seemed to be basic language with a lack of sophistication: "Now I need to find my way out this cave. I need to wash this robe. I can then wear it." It could have come out better, but she didn't know enough about the language to make better sentences.

The woman decided to check for a sight skill to maybe see a little better in the dark. "Nightvision level 1" A skill read. Without hesitation, she accepted it. Finally, she could see better. She was now able to discern the color of the puddle. With a gasp of shock and a stumble, she now realized that she had been standing in a pool of blood this whole time. Even part of the wall was speckled with blood. "What did I get into?" She then said.

After she caught herself, she went to search fresh water to wash the robe and her feet in and think about where to spend the other two skill points. She wandered towards what sounded like water. To her luck, a little bit down the cavern was a small pool with a tiny waterfall. The woman looked into the pool, curious about her reflection. She mostly looked like her old self, just rather like a 20-something year old and not like a 16 year old. Her dark brown hair was longer, she had this weird blue gem on her forehead which wouldn't come off and felt like it was part of her and her eyes were most noticeable of all. Her irises were like a bluish rainbow and here pupils were purple and clover shaped. "I guess this is what the golem part is." She thought before going on to wash the robe and her feet.

The fresh born female golem then put on the robe, which obviously was too wide for her and went down to her ankles. "This will have to do until I find something better. But now I need to spend my two skill points." She thought and pulled up the interface. "I probably need to get skills useful for defending myself. So I should look for hand to hand combat and maybe toughness or something I can stand more damage with." Soon she found and acquired the skills she had looked for. "Hand-to-hand combat level 1" and "Unarmored defense level 1".

Soon after a message on the interface appeared: "You have been awarded a special passive skill [Weak Golem Species Trait]." "WEAK?!" The female golem shouted. "Is that supposed to mean the trait is weak or that I am weak?" She went on to look at the skill description. "A strength and defense bonus for the Weak Golem Species." Now getting angry, the female golem exclaimed: "WEAK GOLEM SPECIES?!!! What the hell?" However she calmed down as something caught her eye under the special tab. 「Evolution tree」. Under it, she saw "Weak Golem" and over it a bunch of boxes with question marks branching from it. Her eyes lit up with excitement and the gem on her head turned yellow for the duration of her excitement. "Evolution tree? I have possibilities!" She said.

Now she was sort of set up with her skills and had something to wear, it was now time to find her way out of this cavern. Maybe find something to fight or a town to visit.

(To be continued.)

Character status

HP: 120
MP: 150
Skills: [Speaking level 1] [Common language (Tocha) level 1] [Nightvision level 1] [Hand-to-hand combat level 1] [Unarmored defense level 1] [Weak Golem Species Trait]

A Way Out

The female golem followed the draft that could be felt in the cave. It seemed she was pretty deep in the cave and her only way out may be up and following the draft. Looking at her hand, the female golem pondered: "Else than the eyes and the gem on my forehead, I wonder what the main difference between me and humans is. Are the differences this small?"

Further up the cave, her ears could pick up a high pitched noise. Was there a bat nearby or a rat? Traversing closer to the sound, the female golem soon saw the source of the sound. It was a pretty big rat. The only thing that was off was that she expected rats to be more nasty looking, especially at that size. Instead the rat was cute, despite being the size of a dog. While the rat noticed the female golem, it didn't really react to her as she was still a good distance away. However once the female golem got closer, the rat began to make loud noises and eventually attacked. The first attack hit the female golem, but did only minor damage. As she pulled up the menu, it read "HP: 118". Upon closing the manu, the rat was attacking again. This time narrowly missing the female golem.

"I don't want to fight you! You are too cute!" The female golem said. The rat however continued attacking. "I'm sorry!" The female golem said as she punched the rat. After three punches, she had managed to kill the rat. "You left me no choice Mr. Rat." The female golem said before continuing further up the cave. The incline up the cave slowly began to flatten out and she saw an orange light at the end of the tunnel. "An exit! Yes!" The female golem exclaimed. Her excitement was short lived though as another rat blocked the path. "I... I guess I have to do this." She said as the rat moved into an offensive stance. Three punches again and the rat was dead.

"Your level has been raised." The female golem heard a voice say. She then opened the menu which read:

Level: 2
HP: 180
MP: 200
Skill Points: 2

On the attributes page it read:

Strength: 18
Intelligence: 15
Endurance: 15
Dexterity: 9
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 12
Luck: 22

"Weird. Luck is my highest attribute for some reason even though my trait raises my strength and defense." The golem said. It was time to spend the two skillpoints though. After giving it some thought, she decided to level up to "Speaking Level 2" as while she could speak, it wasn't exactly easy. It was like trying to pronounce a foreign language so far. For her second choice, she saw a [Recommended] behind the skill "Appraisal Level 1". She thought it may come in hand if she was to learn about items or creatures.

The female golem gave her new skills a test and spoke outloud: "Finally, I am at the end of this cave." Her speech wasn't slurred and didn't have any noticeable accent anymore. Next, she tested the appraisal skill on the rat carcass. [Rat] [Status: Dead] [Lvl 1] was all she got out of it. With a grunt, the female golem murmured: "Only the level was of any use. The rest I already knew."

Outside of the cave, she was in a forest. Time of day seemed to be evening. The was a cracking in the distance in the forest. Maybe it was the sound of old branches creaking. Anyways, it was time for the female golem to find her way out of the forest and then to a town.

Character status

Level: 2
HP: 180
MP: 200

Skills: [Speaking level 2] [Common language (Tocha) level 1] [Nightvision level 1] [Hand-to-hand combat level 1] [Unarmored defense level 1] [Appraisal Level 1] [Weak Golem Species Trait]

The Woods

The female golem wandered through the wooded area. There wasn't really a path, so she wandered between the trees in a general direction. The cracking in the distance didn't seem to be the creaking of old wood, but morelike resembled the crashing of stones or the opening of a crevice. The sound attracted the female golem as she wandered in the direction of the sound.

Suddenly, something hit her in the side and threw her to the ground. "Unarmored defense leveled up to 2" she saw in front of her eyes. She looked in the direction of what struck her. It was a cat of some sort. It was fuzzy and cute but clearly larger than a house cat. For some reasons, all the animals in this world so far looked cute and less dangerous than they really were. The female golem got up and got ready for a fight. She used Appraisal on the creature and got [Wild Kitten] [Status: Alive] [Lvl 4]. It seemed to clearly outlevel her but it was fight or die. The cat charged towards the female golem. The female golem barely managed to dodge. The cat attacked again and the female golem dodged again.

She needed a plan to defeat this creature. She thought up trying to hit the cat while dodging. The next time the cat charged, the female golem dodged while slugging the cat, sending it flying into a tree. Maybe this was what having the "Strength" attribute at 18 did. The cat wasn't defeated yet and still attacked. The cat attacked four more times, being countered three of the times. Finally upon the last time attacking, it was defeated after being countered.

"Hand-to-Hand Combat leveled up to 2". "Quick sidestep learned." "Your level has been raised."

In the menu, it read:

Level: 3
HP: 240
MP: 255
Skill Points: 2

Since her hand-to-hand combat level went up on it's own, the female golem went on to level up her common language skill. The second skillpoint should be used for something useful. So she looked through the skills list. Maybe she should invest in something useful for dodging since despite having high defense, dodging would contribute to her survival. Ultimately, she chose the skill [Quickfoot level 1] as it seemed it would ease her dodging and maybe be useful for running.

Lifting the robe a little to not trip over it, the female golem slowly picked up pace into a sprint. While after a bit the sprint was taxing, she felt that even in her old life she couldn't run that quickly. Soon she reached a clearing. Upon the clearing, she came to see she was on a mountainside on the upper end of a city. The city was under siege.

Character status

Level: 3
HP: 240
MP: 255
Skills: [Speaking level 2] [Common language (Tocha) level 2] [Nightvision level 1] [Hand-to-hand combat level 2] [Unarmored defense level 2] [Appraisal Level 1] [Quickfoot level 1] [Weak Golem Species Trait]

The Burning City

The female golem stood at the upper end of the aforementioned city, just on it's outskirts at the clearing of the woods. Maybe whoever summoned her tried to desperately summon a golem to aid the battle effort. Given the state of the city from where the female golem stood, the battle must have been going on for a couple ours now with troops still holding the walls but the city being bombarded by catapults and fire ballistae.

At the upper part of the city near where the female golem stood, there where large houses surrounding a fortified castle of sorts. A wall a bit further down sectioned off that part of the city, however the wall blocked her view of the lower parts of the city. All she could see were the thousands of soldiers and war machines in the valley possibly several hundred meters below. Since she was curious, sort of hungry and eager to meet people in this world, the female golem wandered towards the city.

The grass turned into a dust and gravel path, then into an even cobblestone road. She walked through a tunnel that went below a house and found herself on a small marketplace between the buildings. The streets were basically empty and there were no lights burning in the houses. "They maybe brought the populace to a safe place like a cavern below the castle or an inner city fort." The female golem mumbled. All of a sudden there was a voice behind her: "Civilians shouldn't be out wandering during the siege. Please find cover in a fortified building or head to the castle." The voice was deep and masculine.

The female golem turned around to see a man in armor sitting upon a horse. He had short dark blonde hair and sported a bushy mustache. The man seemed to be a bit older, possibly in his 50s or early 60s. Upon noticing the female golem's forehead crystal and rainbow colored eyes with purplish clover shaped pupils, the man was briefly taken aback, however his tone changed as if he was talking to an object or an animal: "Golem. Where is your master and why do you wander the streets alone!?" The female golem tilted her head in confusion and said: "Master? Am I supposed to have one? And since you could identify me as a golem, do other golems look like me? I thought golems were supposed to be rocky or sandy."

Now the soldier or knight was confused for some reason. He didn't expect such a response from a golem, but tried to interact with her: "Of course a golem is supposed to have a master, normally a golem is bound to the mana of it's master. If the master dies, then the golem dies. Whoever summoned you must be truly masterful as I have never seen a golem so flawless in appearance or so autonomous in behavior. If you do not identify your master by the term master, then where is the one who summoned you?"

"I don't know. I seemed to have died and reborn. I remember awaking in a cave, but no one was around in the cave. As soon as my sight adjusted, I found myself to be standing in a puddle of red liquid, might have been blood. Who knows? You are the first person I have seen in this world besides my reflection in water." The female golem said. The man rubbed his chin. "Stood in a pool of blood you say? Could have been a failed summoning. Happens when the summoner forgets to bring a catalyst. The summoning circle will then use the summoner as a catalyst instead, resulting in death. In the best case, only the summoner dies. The worst case, an abomination is summoned. You clearly are not an abomination though as abominations are twisted, mindless creatures that scream in agony as their existence is pain and they will attack anything and anyone. But you, you haven't attempted to assault me and can interact on your own. I will clear the role as your master."

The man got off his horse and approached the female golem. The female golem became afraid since the man wanted to become her master and didn't even ask her for consent whether she wanted to serve him. She stumbled backward and fell to the ground. "No! I don't want to!" The female golem cried as the man put his hand on her forehead and chanted a spell. Suddenly, the man groaned in pain and gripped his hand. "Well, I guess you aren't claimable. This normally happens when creature already is owned by someone." He said. After shaking off the pain, the man decided to use his Appraisal skill. His eyes widened in surprise. "Element: Human? Master: Self? Well it looks like you own yourself. How about I take you under my wing since others will try to claim you as well or want to control you?" He said. The female golem shook her head and said: "After you tried to claim me without my agreement, I don't think so! Plus you probably want to use me anyways."

The man then went on his knees and bowed with his head touching the ground. "Please accept my apology! I'm sorry for treating you like an object. It's just I have never met a golem with it's own will! I promise to treat you as an equal from here on out!" The man shouted. The female golem let out a sigh and said: "Is there a spell or a binding ritual to assure that you keep your promise?" The man then looked up. "Well I don't have parchment or a quill for a contract spell, but I can offer a blood pact." The man got up and pulled out a dagger. He cut his hand. "Now you and we can shake on it." He said. Reluctantly, the female golem took the dagger and cut her hand. Her blood was red too, but glistened with mana. She then reluctantly shook his hand. "I hereby, swear to be loyal to my oath sister and protect her." The man said. The female golem then said: "I will protect my oath brother and wish no ill will upon him."

The female golem felt a jolt of mana go through her body. By the time they let go, her shallow wound had healed. "Huh. Feels weird to have just made a blood pact with a golem." The man said. "Anyways, the name's Roik, Roik Koisimma, captain of the Tolgzemshr city guard and soldier of the Empire of Tocha. Welcome to Tolgzemshr upper city. Currently we are under siege by the forces of the Ammaluz Tsardom. For your protection, I need to ask you to take shelter." The man said. The female golem then replied: "Please to be acquainted. I don't have a name yet and haven't thought about it yet." "I have an idea. How about Vuuis? It means rainbow my home language and reflects your eye color." Roik said. The female golem then said: "Vuuis? I sort of like that. Then I shall be Vuuis."

"You have been named." "Your level has been raised." "Due to being named, you are eligible for evolution." Vuuis saw in front of her eyes.

"Hang on for a moment, Roik. I seem to be able to change myself, due to being named." Vuuis said as she opened the menu. Roik then said confused: "Change yourself? You can do that? In what way."

In the menu, Vuuis saw her stats first.

Name: Vuuis
Level: 4
HP: 305
MP: 325
Skill Points: 3

"Evolution available" ---> "Go to Special tab"

Vuuis went to the special tab and then to 「Evolution tree」. The evolution tree listed an unlocked option beyond "Weak Golem" named "Golem". There was no other option. "I guess I will take it then." She thought.

Suddenly, she became dizzy and almost lost her balance. When the dizziness stopped, she had become slightly taller and her chest slightly larger. It was barely a change. The robe however didn't feel as oversized anymore and fit a little better. Roik at least noticed the height difference: "Did you just get a little bit taller?" Vuuis basically grew from 1,65m to 1,75m, still a good but shorter than Roik, but at least reaching his shoulder now. "I think so." Vuuis answered.

She too a look at her stats.

Species: Golem (Standard subspecies)
HP: 520
MP: 740
Skill Points: 4

"Wow." Vuuis thought. She had gotten a major health and mana boost from that evolution and even an additional skillpoint. She quickly spent her skillpoint to not keep Roik waiting, spending them on [Unarmored Defense level 3] and the combat skills [Throw level 1] [Throw level 2] and [Quickfoot level 2].

She then checked her attributes which also went up.

Strength: 32
Intelligence: 28
Endurance: 30
Dexterity: 19
Wisdom: 24
Charisma: 16
Luck: 47

Exiting the menu, Vuuis said to Roik: "Well when I get stronger, I can learn some skills and it seems that if I fulfill certain requirements, I can ascend to a new type of golem." "That is unbelievable! Normally, you have to learn skills from a master, at least for humans. But it is urgent you get to safety now. As in the blood pact, I swore to protect you and it is probably best you stay in a fortified building." Roik said. Vuuis objected: "To hell with that. I need to try out my new skills and strengths. Plus I swore to ensure your well being too, so I will follow you into battle if necessary." "Alright, but try to make sure that I don't have to constantly come to your aid."

"May I ask for a favor? This robe is still not well fitting and I may need a set of clothes, at least some temporarily until I can get my own." Vuuis asked. Roik then replied: "We can check the armory if they have some fitting clothes for you. Since you are a golem, I guess armor may not be necessary. Just keep close and I will lead you to the armory." Roik then led Vuuis to the armory which as a couple minutes walk away. The projectiles of the siege weaponry luckily didn't reach the upper city. However as the climbed the stairs of the upper walls, Vuuis could see the amount of destruction the siege had already caused to the lower city. Probably a quarter of the roofs she saw were engulfed in flames.

Roik led her into a large tower where they walked towards more soldiers, all looking at Vuuis. She knew at this point that her appearance was odd. "So you got yourself a golem, captain?" A soldier at the armory said. Roik grunted and said: "She is my oath sister, not my golem and she needs some fitting clothes. If you want an explanation, I can tell you after the siege." "Out of modesty, maybe I should have a female guard measure her." The soldier said. Roik answered: "Yes, maybe one should. Is Uela here?" "UELA! I got a job for you!" The soldier said. A rather petite city guard came running into the room. She saluted and said: "Reporting!" "Private! I need to you measure her so we can give her a set of clothes. You can use the side room." The soldier said.

Uela led Vuuis into the side room to measure her size. During the measurement, Uela looked up at Vuuis. Uela had shoulder long brown hair and blue eyes. "May I ask where you are from? I haven't seen such a beautiful person around here before. Are you a mage?" Uela asked. Vuuis then replied: "I am not from around here. I am not a mage. Rather I am a golem." "I have never seen a golem of your type before. I have only seen a rock golem before. Did the captain summon you?" Uela inquired. Vuuis replied: "No. He is my oath brother. I also cannot be owned." "I am Uela by the way. May I know your name?" The rather jolly and curious city guard asked. With some hesitation, Vuuis answered: "I am Vuuis." "Pleased to meet you. We are all done now. Please wait here." Uela said.

Uela left the room and came back a few moments later with a set of clothes. She laid them on a chair and left Vuuis to her privacy. Vuuis was basically given brown leather shorts, a sleeveless black turtleneck, black fingerless gloves, a pair of black socks, some light boots and a dark blue long coat with the guard emblem on it. She put on the clothes. The coat went down to her thighs and was rather light. It had a couple buttons in the middle a fit rather loosely. Vuuis then came out of the room and said: "Does anyone have a ribbon, string or cuff I can tie my hair with? My hair a very long and might be better braided." The soldier looked around and gave her a black cloth band to use. After a couple minutes, she had braided her hair and tied it. "Ay, lass. Now you almost look like a real member of the guard. Do you use any weaponry?" Roik said. Vuuis started punching in the air and said: "I guess I have gotten used to using my hands. I have already killed three cave rats and a wild kitten further up the mountain with these." "If we survive the siege, we need to get you either metal gloves for fighting or teach you how to use a blade." Roik said. Vuuis then smiled and said: "Sounds like a plan."

*"Vuuis" is actually the word for "Rainbow" in the Udmurt language.

Character status

Species: Golem (Standard subspecies)
HP: 520
MP: 740
Skills: [Speaking level 2] [Common language (Tocha) level 2] [Nightvision level 1] [Hand-to-hand combat level 2] [Unarmored defense level 3] [Appraisal Level 1] [Quickfoot level 2] [Throw Level 2] [Weak Golem Species Trait]

First Battle (Pt. 1)

"Since you are finally suited up with something fitting and since you don't want to be left out, we shall go to the frontmost wall and assist the defense. Even with little experience, a golem should do just fine on the battlefield. If you aren't suitable for battle, we can still use you as a messenger." Roik said to Vuuis. Vuuis smiled and said: "Sounds like a plan. I have to learn how to fight if I want to survive in this world. I bet the way to the frontmost wall is dangerous due to the bombardment by the catapults. Is it taking cover and hoping to not get hit or what?" Roik then nodded: "Since we don't have any alternatives at the moment that is our best bet. Follow my lead and dodge any projectiles if you can."

Roik led Vuuis out of the armory, along the wall then down a flight of stairs. There was an inclined they walked down to reach the lower city. Some smoke settled in the air and occasionally here and there catapult fire hit houses. "Keep close and watch out." Roik said as he began to navigate through the quarter. For most of the trip, they were lucky to not have any nearby strikes but at one point, Vuuis had to use quickfoot to dodge to the other side of the road to not be struck by debris. After what seemed like an eternity, Roik and Vuuis reached the frontmost wall.

They went through a door in the wall and walked up some stairs. The walls were packed full of soldiers waiting to be called to action while the archers did their best to defend. Roik and Vuuis got to the top of the wall and Roik reported to the next in command: "Guard captain Koisimma reporting. Please state the current situation." "We are holding out. Only three deaths so far, some two dozen injuries. At this distance, our archers cannot hit the catapults and the army stands just outside of range." The next in command said.

Meanwhile Vuuis picked up a rock and threw it in the direction of the army, just to see what level two throwing was like with 32 strength. The rock bounced off the helmet of an enemy soldier making them wonder where it came from. "That is pretty far Vuuis said to herself. "If I had a heavier rock..." Vuuis then looked to Roik and said: "You have a brick or a fist sized rock? I think I can throw far enough."

"Get her a rock or a brick!" Roik said. A soldier then brought a big orange sized rock to Vuuis. Vuuis then took the rock and giving her best at throwing it. It hit an enemy soldier knocking him off his feet. In the very least, the soldier was knocked out. Best case was that Vuuis managed to kill him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back