• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom HTTYDragon OC RP (WIP TITLE) - CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Asta
It was cold, so bloody cold, her fingers were shaking and becoming numb and the wind and the rain didn't help. She was shivering even through she had a fur coat. It was then she heard a scream and saw what was undoubtaby inevitable in this rain and wind. Bean. Falling. Bean was falling. Suddenly fear caught her throat as she watched him fall. It was the first real feeling she had felt since her parents dying and she instinctively urged Frydo to attempt to save him. The dragon didn't budge at first, just looked at her as if she were nuts. Then she clicked her tongue again and the dragon begrudgingly dived after Bean. But then soared back upward when he saw that Netty had successfully grabbed Bean from the air. Asta regained her composure as the dragon went back into formation. What was that? What was I thinking? Frydo can't carry Bean. I can't carry Bean. That would have been pointless.

The storm was getting worse though, and she clutched to Frydo as if it were her lifeline, her fear of falling suddenly manifesting itself as well as her fear of the dark which was slowly starting to creep it's way in.

"We should really try to fly above the storm!" She yelled to be heard over the severe wind and rain. "We won't make it at this rate and Netty can't carry all of us. Our dragons are already struggling enough as it is."

Just then a lightning bolt burst through the clouds, striking inches away from Frydo. Frydo bolted at the sudden brightness and for a moment the sky and the ground were upside. Asta let out an involuntary scream as her fingers slipped from the saddle and she started to plummet. Frydo immediately dived in after her, noticing in an instance the absence of his rider. His tail lashed out and caught her just in time curling tightly around her waist. Asta's heart had plummeted alongside her body. And for a moment, just a moment, one could see geniune emotion and fear in her eyes before it sealed itself off into an expressionless mask.

"See what I mean!" Asta yelled back at the party, as if she hadn't just plummeted from her dragon. Or screamed when she did.

Grub screeched in distress. He tried to dive but the wind buffeted him and he was forced ti pull back. Then Pep was there, shielding him form the violent gusts and he sheltered as he watched a much bigger dragon save his rider.

Bean saw the shadow, felt strong talons catch him and haul him back skyward. He tried to get his heart under control, which was hammering his rib cage as if it were trying to break out. Sweat prickled his palms, but at that moment he couldn't have been more grateful for their fast-acting captain and her big dragon.
They had nearly reached the others when Asta slipped from her saddle too and Bean's heart flew into his mouth. Frydo had good reflexes however and eventually they were all back together. Grub leveled just under Neteyla and Bean was able to scramble back into the saddle. He immediately clipped the leather catch from the saddle to his harness, to prevent another mishap.
"Make sure your security lines are fastened!" He had been careless, so good at riding his dragon that he almost never used it anymore. Well, that would change today.
"Let's go! Grub can find the easiest way up!"
The spines on Grub's body weren't just for defence, they could also help the dragon sense air current and direction, and using that, and Bean's careful guidance through the driving rain, they lead the way up through the storm.

When they finally broke through the ceiling sunlight nearly blinded him. It was much clearer up here, and the clouds were stretching towers of white, rising monolithes in a roiling, grey sea.
Bean drew a deep breath. The air was thinner here too, not an issue for dragons, but people had to breathe deeper.
The air grew still and silent.
"Is everyone all right?"

Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Neteyla flew up above the clouds, making sure to both follow closely behind Grub as well as attempted to keep an eye on her other dragon-mates as they went so they wouldn't get separated. Calder sighed in relief as they pushed above the storm, her body visibly relaxing in the saddle, her form soaked to the bone. "I'm sorry Bean," She coughed slightly, wiping rainwater from her face, "I should have gone above the clouds the moment we saw the storm. I wasn't thinking." She glanced about at her comrades, just to make sure that they also were alright and present. Asta's fall had spooked Calder more than Bean's had; the red-head wasn't sure if she would have been able to catch both riders if the situation required it, especially not with the distance that had been made from Beans fall. "And I'm okay, I'm just glad Frydo was able to catch Asta." She'd look over the whispering death's rider when they showed up, just to see if there might be any damage done to her comrade, before turning to look at Alana to do the same. The stormcutter and its rider had been able to shield Grub partially from the storm, but that didn't mean that just because she hadn't fallen didn't mean the pair weren't okay.

Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss SilverFlight SilverFlight

Alana Moore

As each of her companions broke free of the storm clouds, she followed close behind. It felt wonderful to be free of the biting rain and wind, but the thin air held no warmth, and the chill persisted. She shivered in her saddle while she cupped handfuls of water from beneath her where it had pooled. Pep was just as happy to be free of the rain, feeling much at home above the clouds. He was tired, however, and flight was difficult to sustain. He complained loudly, wanting to land. Worried for her dragon, she patted his shoulder and resolved to treat him well once they finally arrived on land. She gave a shout of affirmation when Bean asked if everybody was okay. She was colder than she had ever been, but uninjured.

"I should have gone above the clouds the moment we saw the storm. I wasn't thinking." Calder apologized. She shook her head. Though it was true that riding through the storm was dangerous, it was perhaps necessary. "We can no longer see below us. None of us are familiar enough with the area to know when we should land, flying through the rain is the only way we could have kept track of where we were." She said, hoping to absolve some of the Ruby Wolf's guilt. "I hope we reach the Frostscar soon, though. Flying into the wind took a lot out of Pep, and i'm certain the other dragons feel similarly."

When Frydo broke through the barrier of clouds, he squirmed uncomfortably at the brightness, his eyes almost melting away in the sun. It was colder here and the air was thin but he could breath perfectly fine. The less could be said for his master, who sounded as if she could be suffocating. The thought came to him that all he had to do was uncoil his tail and down his owner would go, never to be seen again, and he could just fly away, find some nice ground, borrow into it and have a nice sunless life. It was a fleeting thought because there was no way Frydo was going to let Asta go, their bond was too strong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they broke through the storm, Asta almost immediately felt a shortage of breath, and realized in a dizzy moment that the air was thinner here. She saw the rest admire the clouds but wouldn't dare look down.

"I'm sorry Bean," Calder was yelling, sounding guility, "I should have gone above the clouds the moment we saw the storm. I wasn't thinking. And I'm okay, I'm just glad Frydo caught Asta." Frydo eyed Calder at that and then gave her a wide grin, almost a smirk. Then Alana spoke, and her blood ran cold. "We can no longer see below us. None of us are familiar enough with the area to know when we should land, flying through the rain is the only way we could have kept track of where we were. I hope we reach the Frostscar soon, though. Flying into the wind took a lot out of Pep, and i'm certain the other dragons feel similarly."

Asta felt inclined to say something to Alana, about how the dragons would not have made it to the Frostscars, and how they would have fallen to their doom, or how .... how ..... they could have gotten sick. But she didn't. So she just sighed and stayed silent.

What followed was just them flying over the clouds. Some time passed, and they were dry at this point when Asta.

"I think one of us should go below the clouds ever now and then and see if there is any islands nearby."

"Don't blame yourself Calder." Bean replied, "I don't think any of us thought it would be that bad."
Alana made a very good point.
"I can use the sun to get us in the right direction, but there's no telling how far off course the storm winds blew us. We might risk flying right past the Frostscar island and not even know it. I wouldn't be able to put us right again until the stars came out."
It was a tricky situation to be sure. Grub rumbled uneasily, sensing the change in the group's feelings.
They flew on as soon as Bean pointed out the direction. Bean could feel the fatigue creeping up on Grub through each stroke of his wings.
It was then Asta proposed someone go below the clouds to check for land.
"Maybe the storm's let up a bit now?" He offered hopefully.
"If it's the same to everyone, I would rather wait up here, I don't think Grub has the strength to fight more wind, but, we must be close now."

Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Calder glanced between them all, from one dragon rider to the next, to their respective dragons then back again. "I think one of us should go below the clouds ever now and then and see if there is any islands nearby." The redhead heard Asta say, turning her dark gaze to Bean as he responded;

"Maybe the storm's let up a bit now?" She heard the young man offer hopefully."If it's the same to everyone, I would rather wait up here, I don't think Grub has the strength to fight more wind, but, we must be close now."

"At this point I dont care if we reach the Frostscar. Our meeting with them isn't as important as our safety; I just care about us finding shelter for the night." Calder would glance between the three other dragon riders. " 'Teyla and I will go down and look around for somewhere to land." She'd turn specifically to Alana as she began to speak once more, though she spoke to the whole group; "I hope we reach the Frostscar soon as well, but right now we're too cold and tired to be good ambassadors. Let's find some shelter for the night; if the storm has passed tomorrow morning we can head out once more, okay?"

The Spinetail came to a halt, flying in place for the moment as she waited for her companions to do the same. "We'll duck down and I'll be right back, okay?" The red-head would wait for some sort of confirmation or response from her comrades before diving below the clouds.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Alana Moore

It was all Alana could do to shout in affirmation to Calder's offer. Pep grumbled as he hovered, turning his head about to look at her pleadingly. "We'll be on land soon, okay?" She said, pity for her companion pooling in her heart. He was unused to such distances, especially through the rain. She could only imagine how sore his shoulders would be in the following days, and hoped for his sake that their visit to the Frostscar would give him ample time to rest up. The thing to be grateful for had not escaped her, however, and she silently thanked whoever was watching them that they had safely escaped the rain.The other dragons, too, were beginning to look tired. Even Asta's dragon, who she had trouble reading, was perhaps showing signs of weariness. Whispering Death were rare and so different to most other dragons. Their body language was all but a mystery to most vikings.

Bean nodded, waving their leader off. Grub took to circling the area with slow wing beats to save his strength. Once his dragon had recovered a little more Bean turned him back to wait with Pep and Frydo.
"Who do you suppose these raiders are?" The question had been bothering him for a long while. "Why did they decide to attack now? Where do you think they came from?"
The questions were posed to anyone who was listening, as they waited in the clouds for Calder's return. "People don't just attack for no reason, the must want something. Did you see them take anything from your villages specifically?"

((I'm sorry it's small))

Neteyla ducked below the clouds, her frilled head constantly on the swivel in the storm as both she and her rider searched for an island for the group to land. Calder knew that they had to be fast; the group wouldn't last hovering, let alone flying, much longer after the long days travel. Calder didn't much care what sort of island they landed on at this point, so long as they found solid ground and shelter to rest in. They searched for what felt like hours, even though it was only a couple minutes before the Spinetails gaze landed on a dark strip of land a few miles out. Neteyla rumbled loudly at Calder, to catch her attention in the storm before gesturing to the silhouette in the darkness. It took the red-head a moment or so before she finally recognized the dark blob in the distance as a land mass and steered Neteyla back up to where the rest of her companions were hovering.

Calder and her dragon burst through the clouds into the calmness, her body now fully soaked to the bone from the frantic search in the storm. "Guys! We found an island!" Her voice would call out as the Spinetail spun in place; she and Neteyla had emerged above the clouds in a completely different spot from where they'd descended. After spinning in place a few times, the Spinetail finally caught sight of their comrades, well before her rider did, and quickly flew towards them.

"We found an Island." The Ruby Wolf would speak up once the two of them reached their comrades, sharing a quick glance with each of them, "It's just a bit, ah..." She turned and pointed in the direction she had come from, slightly flustered from the seriousness of their situation, "That way. Come on!" Calder would turn Neteyla back around to direct them all towards the Island, and back into the storm.

Beneath the layer of cloud, the storm raged on. Flashes of lightning lit up the dark sky, their arrivals random in both where and when they'd strike. A couple of times the streams of blue sparks would streak near a rider; never close enough to actually land but definitely too close for comfort. Calder tried to stay focused throughout the whole endeavor, her eyes trained on either the island that was quickly drawing near as they flew or turned back onto her comrades to not only make sure that they were still with her but also to make sure they hadn't been hit by the electricity that was coursing through the sky.

As they reached the island, the sky lit up once more with a flash, casting its blue light briefly over the land before dissipating back into the sky, illuminating the island. It wasn't too big, compared to the last island they'd stayed at it was definitely smaller, but it was more than big enough to shelter them for the night. One singular mountain rose up from the ground and the entirety of the island, asides from a dark lake in the center and the crescent-shaped beach, was covered in fir trees. The lake in the center of the island was filled by a waterfall that sprung from the very top of the mountain, cascading down one side and into the basin, before it snaked out by means of a river, diving the beach in half before emptying into the ocean.

"We need to find a place for shelter, but for now we should just land. Walking won't tax us as much as flying will I think?" Calder would turn to question her comrades; even if they hadn't been together very long she valued their opinions.

SilverFlight SilverFlight PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Seabourne Seabourne

Bean followed Calder and her dragon down through the clouds. The rain stung his face as they broke through. Grub yowled unhappily. They came to a hover just before the dark patch of land, sitting ominously in the thick of the storm.
Suddenly Grub chuffed and threw his head in the direction of the mountain.
"I think Grub sees something!" He called out to the rest. He gave the dragon his head and Grub plunged downward. He skirted the mountain side for just a moment before landing on a ledge just before a huge cave entrance.
Grub trotted in and didn't wait for Bean to dismount before he shook himself vigorously. Bean collapsed in a heap beside him.
"Well," he began, voice echoing on the cold stone walls. "It's dry at least." He picked himself up and drew out a torch, having Grub light it quickly.
"I think we should use some of our rations, whatever got wet, that won't stay good for long. I'll go get firewood."

Luckily the cave wasn't on an impossible ledge. Rockfall had created a loose slope that Bean could climb if he was careful. The wood was soaked but he got what dry sticks he could under rock overhands and fallen in crevices. An hour and he was back with enough under his cloak to keep them going most of the night.
"I hope the storm doesn't last too long." Bean said as he prepared the wood, spreading his cloak out on a stone ledge to dry.
The firelight sparked and flared on the cave walls as the wood caught and Bean sat back to appreciate the warm glow.
"Once the clouds break I can get our bearings."

Alana Moore

"Who do you suppose these raiders are?" Bean said. "Why did they decide to attack now? Where do you think they came from? People don't just attack for no reason, the must want something. Did you see them take anything from your villages specifically?" He asked, and she paused to give it thought. Memories of the raid on her clan flooded her mind, and she tried to think of what the Raiders had been doing, aside from burning and killing. Nothing came to mind. Their gold was stored a ways away from where she had been, and any of their other valuables had been presumably burnt with their buildings. "No, I can't recall seeing them take anything. They may have returned after our evacuation to take what they wanted in secret." She answered, shaking her head.

In the distance ahead of them, Neteyla crested above the clouds, flying back towards the rest of them. Alana hoped their quick reappearance meant good news, and her hope was rewarded as Calder announced that she had, indeed, found an island. They followed her down, back through the torrent, to hover above the beach of the small island. His wing arms ached with every movement, fire racing through his veins. Grub, with his keen eyes, found a place for them to rest in, and Pep bolted ahead to land in the safety of the dry cave. He sank to the floor upon landing, grumbling in satisfaction as Alana slipped his saddle off. "I think we should use some of our rations, whatever got wet, that won't stay good for long. I'll go get firewood."

During the time Bean was retrieving wood for them, she took some of her rations from her pack and gave most of them to Pep, having a small meal for herself. She watched contentedly as he snapped up his meal and fell back into resting, exhausted from the days work. She rung her hair out, streams of water falling from it onto the floor. She also removed her cloak and boots, laying them out to dry off as best as possible. Having done what she could, she sat on the floor of the cave and leaned against Pep's hip, careful to not put any weight on his shoulders. Like that, she rested against him and waited for time to pass, watching through the cave entrance as the rain continued to fall. Bean returned, lighting a good fire and sharing his hopes for the storm to subside.

Asta breathes a sigh of relief as Frydo settled on the ground and unwrapped his tail, allowing her to fall into the cave. She was soaked and shivering and immensely glad when Bean got a fire going. She normally wasn’t one for company , but in this cave and the rain outside she really had no choice but to sit down beside the fire, trying to get warm. She didn’t say anything, she hardly ever said anything. “Two days,” she muttered to herself, “its been almost two days since the attack.” She wasn’t talking to anyone in particular, just to herself. She looked at the fire, cuddling to get warm. She was aware of Frydo curling beside her, looking at her silently with those blank eyes that Asta still had a hard time reading. “Thanks buddy for saving me when you did,” she said, patting his head, the whispering death growled softly in response and Asta gave a dry chuckle, “you can say that again.” She laid down and looked up at the cave ceiling listening to the rain pattering against it. Distantly she could still hear them, their cries and their deaths. Still there, still fresh. But all she felt even now was nothing. Not even pain. It was as if she were sucked out of emotion. She wondered how long it was going to last.​

Bean watched Asta huddle and shiver, muttering to herself. He was frowning, concern pinching the space between his brows. Then he moved to his pack and began rummaging through it. He came up with a dry tunic and a belt and came to stand beside Asta, holding the dry clothes out.
"You shouldn't stay in those soaked things." He said softly. "You'll catch your death. You can borrow some of mine if you like, until your clothes dry."
He knew she wasn't ready to speak about what happened, none of them were, but he wanted her to know that she didn't have to carry the burden alone.
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Calder landed into the cave last; she wanted to make sure her comrades got into their shelter first. Neteyla being a Venomous Spinetail, a dragon used to water, meant she could handle the cold and rain longer than the other dragons; doesn't mean she could keep flying in it, but it did mean that the group now had a large Azure dragon lying at the mouth of the cave to block any excess rain or water from the falls from getting in and soaking the rest of the group. Calder herself was not built for the cold and rain to the degree her dragon was and quickly began to disrobe down to a single layer of linen (light tunic/shirt and trousers) and began to hang her other soaked clothing onto some nearby stalagmites before moving to sit beside the fire.

"I hope the storm doesn't last too long." Calder listened to Bean as they all sat around the fire, her gaze directed down at her fathers' pendant as it sat in her hand, thinking about what her comrade had said. "What if we just stayed the night?" The red-head inquired, glancing up to look at her companions, "We've flown quite a distance today and we could honestly use some rest, longer than just a couple hours." She leaned back on her hands, tilting her head to stare at the rock ceiling above them. "This may be a time sensitive mission, but we can't complete it if we don't take care of ourselves. I can take first watch tonight while you guys rest, alright?"

Asta didn’t smile. But she was still grateful.
“Thanks.” She said, smiling just a little bit at Bean. He really was a nice guy.
She listened to Calder and nodded.
"I was thinking the same thing. We've made enough time."
They needed to rest.

Alana Moore

Tired, cold, and filled with worry, she nodded along to the conversation around her. Pep was already asleep, rumbling deep in his chest, a familiar pattern that pulled her into sleep. She struggled against the pull of her eyelids, not wanting to sleep yet. The day had been long for all of them, and only two days in she was weary of their journey. Being away from the normal comforts of her home weighed heavily on her shoulders, and as the miles grew between her and her island she longed desperately to return. Without her knowledge, her hands snaked up to grab a lock of her hair, which she twisted and braided, then untwisted and unbraided several times. It was an old habit, from when she was far younger, and still when deep thought took hold of her she would find herself with a handful of hair pulled into a half-finished braid. The rhythm of her fingers and the rumbling from Pep dragged her away into a fitful sleep, resting against the scaled hip of her companion.

Calder grimaced faintly as she stood, turning away from the group to go sit beside her dragon. She plopped down beside Neteyla, causing the Spinetail to stir; adjusting her position until she was comfortable, which meant laying her head across her riders lap. The young rider gently stroked her dragons snout, letting the movement become slow and repetitive until Neteyla's eyes drifted closed and the dragon fell asleep. She stared down at her dragon, an expression of relief crossing her face as she watched Neteyla's body rise and fall with her breathing. That expression lingered even as she turned her gaze up and out of their cavern shelter and on to the dark island around them. The surrounding area of the mountain was only fully visible whenever a flash of lightning passed through the sky, casting the forrest below in brief, harsh blue light every few minutes or so.

Hours would pass, and even on into the night the storm would not subside. Strong winds accompanied the rain and thunder, buffeting the cave entrance to the point that it caused a harrowing howl to echo into the cave. A chill wormed it's way into Calder, forcing her to wrap her arms about herself, pulling a blanket from her pack to wrap around herself as she continued to keep watch. She sat back down, her legs dangling over the edge of the cavern floor. The young Viking stared down at her feet for a moment as she adjusted her sitting position, making sure she in just the right spot so as not to slip off the edge.

Scrrriiiiiiiiittttttcccchhhheeeeee

Calder froze, lifting her gaze up suddenly to look out into the darkness. Nothing but the cold and void answered back as she stared for what felt like an hour. Her hand drifted slowly to her blade, gripping the hilt tightly as she stared into the darkness.

Scrrriiiiiitcccchhheee. SSSCcCCRrrrRRIIITCcchHHhhHEEEEeeeee.

The sound grew closer; Neteyla had raised her head at this point, staring out at a specific point in the darkness. Her frills were raised and her mouth was open as she bared her fangs in a silent hiss, moving to stand around Calder defensively. Calder herself, was frozen like a stone. She hated being alone in the dark, and although she technically had companions with her they had been briefly forgotten in her moment of terror as she stared into the darkness.

Click. Cliiiick. Scrriiiitcchhheee.... Click. Click.

Lightning flashed, lighting up the forrest and sky outside once more, and Calder felt her entire body freeze. Outside the cave, lit up by multiple flashes of lightning, was a silhouette. Sharp features, claws and talons, and four striking red eyes were perched on the top edge of the cavern on the other side if the waterfall, blurring the visual slightly. Calder held her breath, one hand pressed over her lips to make sure no sound or breath left her body. She kept direct eye contact with whatever creature sidled on the edge of the cliff face, unable to tear her eyes away from its sharp gaze. Neteyla herself began to growl in warning as the creature slowly poked through the waterfall.

Bean started awake when the noise sounded at the cave entrance. He had dozed off by the fire with Grub behind him.
Grub was still behind him as he rose, drawing his hammer from the satchel by his feet. The dragon was cowering behind his rider, despite being 7 times his size.
Bean crept up to Calder very slowly, not speaking. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder to let her know he was there.
"Can you see which dragon it is?" He whispered, but before she could answer the dragon began to come through.
When it came to dragons Bean was always for the gentle approach. He stepped forward, passing Calder, keeping the dragon's eyes with his and slowly, very slowly, he put a hand out.

Click click click scritcheeeeee

Asta’s eyes immediately flew open at the sound, the sound of what sounded like a bug. She closed her eyes again, thinking it was probably a dream, when she heard it again.

Click click click scritcheee

She sprung up, looking around the cave.

“Frydo, I think we have company!”

There was no need for Frydo was already awake, his blank eyes staring into the direction of the sound, a low rumble resonating deep in his throat. Asta looked around and noticed Bean and Calder awake. in the dim light, and ran over to them, drawing her bow.

“What the Hel is that thing?”

Just then a pair of red eyes emerged from the waterfall, and Bean stepped forward with his arm stretched out.

“Are you crazy??” She hissed, “it could be hostile!” Nevertheless she made no move to stop Bean, it wasn’t in her place to deter the actions of another, let alone touch them. But she did take out an arrow and cock it, pointing it directly at the unknown dragon. Taking her cue, Frydo started rotating his sharp teeth preparing to launch his frills. The Whispering Death knew that a fire blast could possibly hurt his rider and the riders around her so opted out of it.

Nevertheless both Asta and Frydo were bracing themselves for an attack.

Last edited:
Alana Moore

Pep's eyes snapped open, awake immediately at the sound of commotion inside the cave. The strange dragon, looking at them with four eyes, did not belong to any of them. He tensed and turned to face the threat, clicking low in his throat around the fire he'd summoned in his throat. He curled his tail around Alana, who had by now realized that there was a dragon outside the cave, trapping them inside. The four flight-fins on his tail stood up to obscure the other dragons view of her, and the top set of his wings flared out, expanding across the cave to make him look larger. Exhausted from his long flight, he had no wish to fight. He eyed the other three dragons, who had, for the most part, assumed threatening stances. Together, all of them may be enough to turn away the predatory dragon. If only it were not for the small male human extending his fragile hand out to the thing and the green-dragon-friend hiding behind him.

Alana woke up to Pep shifting beneath her, though she didnt know why. A deep growl rumbled through the cave, but it didn't belong to her dragon. It was Neteyla, and soon Frydo joined. The growl of the whispering death made her hair stand up on end, a chill running up her spine. She still was not used to him. Pep joined in the growling, sweeping his long tail across the floor to shield her. Finally, she saw the sharp face of the enemy dragon peeking into the cave. She reached for her spear, but it was still bundled in with Pep's saddle. She tried to push his tail away so she could cross the cave to get her weapon, but he snapped his teeth at her and pulled his tail in even closer. She had not seen him like this in a long time. Accepting that he would not let her go, she pushed down one of his tail fins to see over it, watching the enemy dragon.

Click. Click. Scriiiiitttttcccccchhhheeeee.

The sharp, elongated snout of the new dragon slowly opened and closed as the eery sounds echoed from it. The eyes, upside down and peering at the young Vikings, began to move as the dragon began to turn its head until it was right side up. Click click... Cliiiiiick... Scriiiiitchhhheee. Click. With each sound, the dragon made it moved closer, the shining red of its pupilless eyes piercing in the darkness as only its head seemed to enter the cavern water dripping from its scales as it passed through the waterfall. Then a leg poked through, then another, until its first two sets of legs were passed the water. The dragon stayed attached to the ceiling of the cave while its head remained twisted to view the Vikings properly, and it stayed there, hesitant before Bean as its body barely moved, the chittering sounds ever continuing the entire time.

Scriiiiiiittttccchhhheee... Click... Cliiiiiiccccckkkkk... Click...

Its mouth opened and shut for a moment, staying in its position for a moment before its head twisted back to its normal alignment, once more fully upsidedown upon the cavern's ceiling before it took off. The dragon raced along the rock ceiling as it dashed past Bean, Calder, Neteyla, and Grub and headed deeper into the cave.

SilverFlight SilverFlight PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Seabourne Seabourne

First post in a long time....

Asta had been fully expecting an attack, when the dragon dashed past and further into the cave, she was confused. Frydo mimicked that bewilderment by cocking his head toward the direction the strange dragon took.

“Okay. That was unexpected.” Asta cried out, keeping her voice unemotional and monotone to keep the confusion out of it. “Anyone going to go after the strange dragon or should we just stay here in the dark while that thing is doing Odin knows what?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back