• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom HTTYDragon OC RP (WIP TITLE) - CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hilt had been stretching, knowing it could be awhile before the opportunity came again. Looking up, she took notice of Calder's siblings. Their attitude, youth, and energy reminded Hilt of her sister taken by the dark raiders. Her face lit with joy, but slowly sank into sorrow as her head lowered. Shortly after she received a nudge from Bodil, the dragon tightening its gaze and exhaling a puff from its nose. He wanted her to Steel herself. Running a hand through her own hair, she'd shake the negativity off and chuckle. "Yeaah, Yeaah. I hear ya', Bo. Lets get the tribes together, and get Anana back already, mm?" Bodil responding with a stomp of the foot and a deep groan. He was prepared.

Parting from her dragon for a moment, she'd walk around to see her new companions, and their dragons. There was Grub, and Bean. "Bean. By the end of this adventure, I hope you come to find the warrior inside yourself. 'Cause if not I'll strap it on the end of Bodil over there, and yank it out myself." She smiled, patting the male's shoulder once again. "...Seriously." Her face temporarily grew serious, but lightened once more as she walked away. SilverFlight SilverFlight

Then there was Asta, and Frydo. Hilt had yet to put her finger on just what troubled the woman, but she felt no hostility, or anger towards Asta. Even if Bodil exhaled a low groan as his rider approached Fyrdo, The Whispering Death. Hilt smiled, rubbing the back of her own neck gently. "Say. You're uh..both kinda creepy. In..a good way, I think. Just stopped by to say uh..I don't know what you've gone through, but all of us here? We're a team now. You're not alone, alright? Chin up." She nods with a smile, moving along. PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Next was Alana, and Pep. Hilt respected how sharp-tongued the viking was, but was also uncertain about her. She couldn't quite put a finger on it, but the idea faded quickly enough. "Alana" She called. "On the day our strike begins, I plan on knocking off every dark-armored head I can see. We will both see vengeance. That much I can promise you. I.." Her face eases and she grins. "I only hope you and Pep here can keep up with me n' Bodil once the action starts." She placed her hands at her hips, exhaling a hearty laugh. Hilt then turned to walk away, wiping a tear while exhaling "Oohh I'm gonna kick so much ass" under her breath. Seabourne Seabourne

Lastly was Calder, and Neteyla. Hilt pegged Calder as intelligent. The think first, do later type. Often a feat she herself found rather difficult. "Calder. I don't know you too well, but..I have a request. I can be rather..hot-headed sometimes. Brash, and Impatient, even. If my anger, or excitement starts gettin' the best of me, you'll tell me won't you?" Her eyes displayed concern briefly, but shortly returned to normal as she smiled. Turning, she'd spot Ref and Orn. Approaching the two, she'd lean into a hip. "Mmm? What've we got here?" She leaned forward, sniffing. Leaning back with a smile, she'd nod once, then twice. "Aah! The making of two great warriors, to come." Eyeing their swords, she'd rub her chin. "Say. You cubs know the first rule of becomin' a great warrior, don'tcha?" Brief pause. "It's not bein' a pain in your sisters' back!" Exhaling a chuckle, she'd look offward. "Who knows. Maybe once you two master that, I'll teach you to use those swords, mm? What'dya say to that?" Sticking a thumbs up briefly, she'd let them linger on the idea while she moved to mount her dragon. Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96

"Bolverk!" She looked to him. "You've my thanks. For your help. We'll unite the tribes. One way, or another." Nodding to him, she'd turn to the sky, nudging a foot against Bodil's side. Shortly after, the dragon stood tall and spread its wings. "Well group, what'dya say we get a move on already? The Frostscar Tribe'll be our first challenge. I say we give it all we've got." Giving Bodil a signal, he'd spread his wings and lift his large frame into the sky. As the dragon started flying towards their destination, the group could hear his rider laughing aloud with a fist in the air.

"Wooohoooo~" She was excited.

Alana Moore

"Ready?" Bean asked her, sounding nervous himself. Grub was clearly eager, reminding Alana of a puppy, his tongue lolling from his mouth. Even with the sharp spines sprouting from the arm of his wings, the vibrant dragon appeared overwhelmingly friendly. He seemed to be a good companion. Alana smiled, assured and confident. "Nothing can dissuade me from this journey." She confirmed. Hilt came over and encouraged him as well, in her own unique way. She then moved on to Asta and her pale dragon, who were quiet as ever.

In the time that Hilt spoke with Asta, Alana checked Pep's saddle to make certain that all the straps were secure. She slipped her legs into loops that would hold her on his back as he turned and dove through the air. They would be traveling over ocean for a long time. Thankfully Pep was a good flier, having the ability to switch between two sets of wings if he wished.

"Alana, on the day our strike begins, I plan on knocking off every dark-armored head I can see. We will both see vengeance. That much I can promise you. I... only hope you and Pep here can keep up with me n' Bodil once the action starts." Hilt spoke, bold and fearless. Pep, hearing his name, perked up. The frills on either side of his head flared, and he cocked his head to the side as he looked at the blonde. She walked away, however, making her way over to Calder.

After Hilt made her rounds with her motivational speeches, she addressed the whole group before climbing atop her dragon and taking off to fly. She hollered as they ascended, fading away as Bodil laboriously flapped his wings. Pep looked back at Alana, crouched down and ready to fly. She nodded, bending at the waist to sit flatter in the saddle. Pep's wings quickly fell into a rhythm, displacing the air to lift him and move forward. His tail caught the wind that flowed over and between his wings, holding his body straight and aloft. Alana's hair was pulled behind her shoulders, but since it was tied it stayed mostly out of her face. Flying with a dragon was hard to not enjoy, and the sight of the vast blue ocean moving beneath her never failed to fill her with awe. It seemed to carry on forever, outlasting how far she could see.

First the redhead took off and then Alana. She kicked Frydo and he growled, immediately flapping his wings and taking off himself. Asta watched as the ground fell underneath her as she and Frydo soared through the sky, quickly catching up to the other two Dragon Riders. Unlike the other Dragon Riders, Asta always felt uneasy when flying. There was a strain of fear in her heart, a fear that never truly abated. She had had this fear ever since she was a young girl, when she was downright terrified of heights. It had since been suppressed but had the tendency to spring up every time she and Frydo took off. It would eventually abate to nothing after she realized that nothing was going to happen to her. And she would actually begin to enjoy herself. Of course that was a long time back when her mother and father were still alive. She wasn't sure she could ever enjoy herself.

Unbidden, Asta found herself looking by the vast blue of the ocean. The mass expanse of water just going on contionously underneath, seemingly as large and bountiful as the sky itself. it gave her some comfort.

Bean stared after Hilt with a mildly incredulous expression. "What's wrong with not being a warrior?"
He shot her a playful grin. "Someone's got to be level-headed in this group!"
KSMI KSMI
He didn't even need to urge Grub on. His dragon moved when the others did, bounding forward and leaping into the sky, filling Bean's heart with exhilaration as he felt the wind rise up to meet them. He could feel the air catch under his dragon's wings and bear them upward. The feeling never grew dull.
On the ground Bean always felt slow and somewhat awkward, but in the sky, oh in the sky...he understood the movement of the air currents, he'd learned to read the clouds. By watching Grub and learning how the dragon flew, he learned how to fly too, and direct Grub in precisely the right way. Bean was a good flyer.

As they settled into a steady pace, his dragon winging carefully in between Pep and Frydo, Bean had an idea. With a careful nudge Grub folded a wing and slid sideways, using the momentum and the wind he then snapped both wings open and shot up on Pep's other side, sliding up and around and passing over the larger dragon's back upside-down. He gave Alana a thumbs up as his hair stood on end from hanging in his saddle. Once back on Pep's other side Grub twisted in midair and righted himself without an inch's loss of altitude. Bean was grinning, having fun with flaunting Grub's agility and his own skill. Grubnose was not as large as the other dragons, but he was fast and he was agile.
Bean urged the dragon on and together they wove in and out of the loose formation, spinning and rolling, performing all sort's of difficult tricks. Grub gave a happy growl, just as pleased to be showing off as his trainer.
Seabourne Seabourne KSMI KSMI Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

At length Bean winged over to come level with Asta. He had noticed that she was not as comfortable in the air. "Are you alright?" He asked with genuine concern in his voice.
"I have some ginger root with me if you get sick from being in the air."
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

She was staring down at the ocean feeling a little sick to her stomach when Bean flew beside her.
"Are you alright?" he asked, genuine concern in his voice. "I have some ginger root with me if you get sick from being in the air."
Asta turned to look at him, her hand on her stomach, "I'm fine. It will pass." Her voice was as usual cold even to her own ears but it had always been that way, ever since she was young. Her blue eyes meet Bean's for a second before turning away. In truth, she didn't know what to say. She wasn't really the social type, and everyone was too senstive to be around for longer than a minute. She should get some pratice. A couple of seconds pass, where she stays silent, just as Bean probably got the notion to leave her to herself.
"All of you have something to drive you to fight the Black Riders, don't you? Good. That will drive us forward." She pondered for a second either or not to endulge in him in her emptiness, in the fact that she felt nothing at her own family's death. No, he may be nice and jolly but I don't know him well enough yet to get so personal, keep it to the chest for now. "If we don't kill each other first." Her voice was as usual cold and emotionless, giving off the expression that she was an empty husk of a woman. Or worse, a cold heartless killer.

Bean was taken aback, but only for a moment before he smiled, and then, Bean laughed.
"You're not used to having people on your side." He observed with a lighthearted sigh. Clearly her passive hostility wasn't enough to drive him off being his usual, caring self, but he didn't press her further. Instead, he reached back to the pack behind his saddle and took out a small pouch. This he tossed into the air for Asta to catch, or not, as she would.
"My mother invented a recipe with barely sugar and honey to make the ginger easier to take. There's some of it. You can hand it back later if you don't need it."

((bored on a Sunday XD))

She caught the pouch easily and looked upon it, comprehending if she needed it or not. An oridinary woman would have least said thank you but she didn't. She looked at Bean, scutinizing him. He seemed a very kind and caring individual, lighthearted, with a smile on his face. She wondered how long that would last when they had to fight the Black Riders and shed blood. She suspected it wouldn't last long but that was just speculation. And he was right, she isn't used to having people on her side.
"Your mother seems like a nice person," she says, pocketing the pouch, "naturally she would be, considering how you are." She didn't mean for that to come across as threatening but it probably might have. She was always said to have a threatening voice even if she wasn't exactly threatening people. Frydo took that moment to look intently at Bean's dragon, his pale eyes narrowing a bit. Such a sharp contrast, both rider and dragon. Bean was all smiles and rainbows, his dragon being the equalivant to a puppy yapping around at his rider's heels. She, on the other hand, was cold and logical, and her dragon was also silent and deadly. They were an unlikely pairing, almost as if the Gods had a sense of humor on this misadventure. Hopefully, it stays platonic.

(In response to KSMI KSMI where I'm a little bit behind in posts) Calder smiled faintly and nodded to the blonde dragon-rider, her hand at ease on the sword at her hip out of sheer habit, "I'll try to keep you on track as best as I can, Hilt." The red-head would turn and follow Hilt, all the way up to her troublesome brothers. The twins were absolutely star struck by the "aura" that Hilt gave off, eagerly nodding to each word that she said. "Aye! We'll work on it! Just teach us, please, we promise!" Orn and Ref both shouted excitedly at the same time, causing Calder to almost chuckle as she reached up, pulling the troublesome boys down from her dragons mouth. "Well, ah, we'll catch you all in the air." Calder said as she cast one glance at the blonde haired Viking.

Calder turned to face her brother, looking them over for a minute before giving them both a rough hug. "It's okay, sis. We'll make sure to protect everyone here until you return." The twins seemed to understand what was going on, though it probably helped that they had been around for Bolverk's farewell. The young woman smiled wider as she kissed their foreheads, giving them one final squeeze before letting them go. "Try not to cause any trouble, okay?" She said as she tousled each boys hair before sending them off, the twins disappearing over the hill as they headed down into the makeshift village that had begun to grow on Tranquil Grounds.

The Ruby Wolf turned to her dragon, beginning to check the saddlebags to make sure she had everything before climbing aboard. Neteyla cast Calder a soft glance, almost purring as she nosed her rider gently. "I know, Neteyla. Thanks.." Calder patted the Spinetails snout gently before turning her gaze off to where her comrades had flown. "Let's go save the Tribes, huh?" And with that, they took off into the air, following the other riders, leaving Bolverk alone in front of the Grand Hall.

-------------(Present)--------------

It was at that point that the Venomous Spinetail, Neteyla, caught up. The red-headed Calder sat atop an ebony saddle, nestled between the different bundles and saddle bags that hung from the leather attachment. Having finished saying goodbye to her brothers She had the map that Bolverk had handed her in one hand as she pulled Neteyla up beside Alana and Pep, casting her gaze over her comrades before looking down at the map in her hands as she opened it up. "There aren't many islands on this map between here and the island that the Frostscar Tribe lives on... Have any of you flown out this way before?" She lifted her dark gaze from the parchment once more to look at the dragon riders beside her, making sure to raise her voice so she could be heard over the rushing wind around them as they flew.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Alana Moore

The sun reached through the clouds that Pep flew below, the tips of his wings cutting through the bottoms of them. Streaks of golden light fell to hit the ocean, descending through the water until the deep waters snuffed them out. Deeps waters that Alana refused to look down towards. From the shore the seas were beautiful, harmless and sweet. As land fell behind them, the ocean grew deeper. Large, terrible dragons were rumored to dwell beneath the dark blue waters, with teeth that far outsize any viking. The cold currents could pull you under and away, leaving what's left to swell and fall apart far away from where anyone could find you. It was easier to focus on the sky, or the way that Pep's muscles moved under his scales as his wings pushed them both through the air.

A voice cuts though her thoughts, belonging to Calder, who was dwarfed by her blue dragon. "There aren't many islands on this map between here and the island that the Frostscar Tribe lives on... Have any of you flown out this way before?" She asked, holding a map of their lands in her lap. The corners of the parchment danced in the wind, begging to be pulled away.

"I have not," Alana answered, shaking her head. "They are too north for any voyages i've ever joined. We didn't trade often with the Frostscar, they usually sent ships to our ports." She elaborated. The Iron Tooth tribe took residence upon one of the more southern isles, with many harbors and trading posts. Their more temperate waters were good for fishing, but most came to trade for their iron and weaponry. She looked over to Bean, Asta, and Hilt, who might be more familiar with traveling.

Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 KSMI KSMI SilverFlight SilverFlight PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Last edited:
Hilt's arms were spread wide, clothes and hair bending to the wind. Her ear later perked to Calder's question, and she lowered arms back to the saddle. "Well lets see," Opening her map, she'd look below, then around their current position. After a minute, or two she nodded. "My tribe once migrated this way. We'd hunker down on whatever stretch of land that looked the meanest. We'd adapt to the enviornment, and well..move on. Still-" She rubbed her chin.

"-We've never made it north enough to meet the Frostscars, and its been a number of years since. Memories all foggy now."

Seabourne Seabourne , PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss , Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 , SilverFlight SilverFlight

Bean smiled. "She is a nice person." He confirmed happily. He eyed Asta for her next comment. "I'm going to take that as a compliment." He said resolutely.
Grub looked over to see the whispering death glaring at him. His tongue lolled, flapping in the wind.

Bean considered Calder's question. "I can't say I've been here recently. I worked for a trader caravan for a short time, we may have passed the island once but I've never met the Frostscar clan."
Bean settled into a steady flying rhythm again, deciding to save Grub's strength and agility in case they were needed.
"I um...don't suppose they're one of the more friendly tribes?" His tone was hopeful.
Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96

KSMI KSMI Seabourne Seabourne

Last edited:
Asta didn't say anything. Her tribe had of course travelled through these lands for several eons, never staying in one place for very long. They were a group of nomads after all even before Berk introduced dragon riding to them. Or rather she didn't say anything of the travels, as for Bean's question, that needed answering as she felt that cold, logical side of hers begin to take over.

"They may not take kindly to five young people coming onto their land, seeking an alliance if that is what you are asking," Asta knew that wasn't what he was asking, but sometimes the answer isn't so simple as a no or a yes, life was too compilicated for that, "as for either or not they are friendly, I wouldn't know. My tribe usually keeps to themselves, not bothering other tribes. If you were to ask for a definite answer though, probably not. But take it with a grain of salt. We have not met this tribe." By we, she meant her and Frydo. In truth Asta didn't feel as if she were truly a part of this ragtag group of young vikings, there was no familial attachment, indeed no platonic attachment either. Sure, Bean was friendly enough on his own but a friendly stranger was still just that a stranger. Give it a couple of weeks and we will either be one big happy family or at each other's throats. The void was still there, that lack of emotion and feeling. She was starting to grow used to it, which was a bad sign. Have I become an emotionless creature of pure logic? Even her feelings toward Frydo, whilst still strong and present, felt as if it had dulled considerably. This is bad, I haven't started the grieving yet, by the time I do, the rest will have already processed their grief. She was always a logical child but like all of Odin's children, she was still behest by emotions. Now that they were all but gone, she didn't feel like a human anymore.

Calder nodded gently before glancing down at the map once more, "My father would tell stories of his adventures when he was younger, and how he had met the Frostscar tribe once before; said he even had a friend there." The red-head glanced over to Asta and Bean, "I agree with Asta to a point. My father said they were secretive and kept to themselves, but they welcomed him. Sudden change brought upon them by five young dragon-riders might not sit well with them, especially where we're asking them to follow and assist us before the possibility of an attack on their home occurs. And," She turned her dark eyes ahead of her to the horizon as they all flew, "we should try to find land at some point before exhaustion finds out dragons. That's why I asked if any of you had come out this way before. Even possible stories or myths of what lay out here would help; it won't do any good if we tire both ourselves and our dragons." The young woman patted Neteyla's neck gently, causing the Venomous Spinetail to let out a contented rumble.

SilverFlight SilverFlight PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

"So maybe," Calder turned her attention to Hilt, "you might know of some islands out here that aren't written down? And," Her gaze would shift over to Alana, "if you remember any of your dealings with the Frostscar? Any names or general personality to them? I only know what little my father told me, which was from years ago so it might have changed since then."

Seabourne Seabourne KSMI KSMI

Last edited:
Alana Moore

"if you remember any of your dealings with the Frostscar? Any names or general personality to them? I only know what little my father told me, which was from years ago so it might have changed since then."

Alana took a moment to think, leaning on her hand. The last shipment they'd sent out to the Frostscar hadn't been too long ago, for how sparingly they visited. "They are blunt and do not like to be disturbed by outsiders. For every dealing i've seen, they couldn't have said more than a couple words." She answered. Before she became more involved in the tribe, she'd spent a lot of time at the docks. Even from the look of their boats one could tell that they lived in unforgiving cold. The hulls had been scraped by ice, and walls stood to block the winds from burning the skin of the crew.

Even that information was of little help. Alana grew silent, furrowing her brows for anything deeper in her memory. "I may be wrong, but I do think that I knew an older Frostscar boy as a child. He could've been of a different tribe, but I'm fairly certain he was Frostscar. if we can find him, somehow, we may be able to ask his help in getting the tribe to listen to us." She explained. She had been very young, perhaps 7, and the boy had been in his teenage years, not yet hardened by the difficulties of life. His name was Farosh, and for the few days that their ship was docked, he had been kind enough to stay and talk with her. The memories were fond to look back on, and Alana smiled to herself, lost to nostalgia.

KSMI KSMI SilverFlight SilverFlight Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Bean listened, absorbing the information shared about the tribe they were about to meet.
"A friend in the Frostscars is good." Bean added hopefully.
There was then the trouble of finding land.
"Well," Bean began, reaching back into the bag behind his saddle. He drew out a map and unfolded a part of it."Given the direction we've been flying relative to the sun...the closest land should be off our left side." Bean had been keeping track of their direction.
He put the map back and drew out a strange metal device set with a thick, glass lens.
"I found a way to shape sandbuster glass that lets you see much farther than you can with your eyes." He tossed the spyglass over to Calder on the back of her spinetail.
"Have a look."
Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 Seabourne Seabourne

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss KSMI KSMI

Calder blinked in surprise as she caught the invention in her hands, and, after pinning her map beneath her leg, inspected it. "Sandbuster? I don't think I've heard of that one before." Her expression that of calm surprise as she looked the item over before raising it to her eye and peering through it, "This...! This is amazing Bean!" The redhead sounded enthusiastic for the first time in the few hours(?) that the group had been together.

She peered through the item, casting her gaze to the water and the horizon as it slowly began to grow dark. "I see a little patch on the horizon, might take us another hour or so to get there though..."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Seabourne Seabourne KSMI KSMI PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Asta had nothing to add or say to the group, so she stayed silent -- flying just a few feet away from them. She and Frydo had long since corridinated a way to keep the Whispering Death in a certian directions, by way of gentle kicks and hands. And clicking her teeth. Asta watched as the sun dipped over the horizon as it slowly but surely began to sink. Asta sighed with relief. Her Whispering Death had been conditioned from birth to not shirk away from the sun, but it will made him suffer and she didn't want to make him suffer. Besides she prefered flying at night. It was more beautiful with the stars above them glittering like diamonds, and the cool air breezing through her hair. Her fear of heights was lessened in the dark for some reason, probably because she didn't actually see how high she was. She wasn't sure how she would feel about night now with the memories of the attack still fresh in her mind, and the emptiness still gnawing at her insides. Being silent garnered more it seems, Bean was either an inventor of some kind or a collecter of strange trinkets as he handed the leader of the group, because she regarded the redhead girl as the leader of the group, some sort of item that made exclaim in amazement.

They must have been flying for hours yet Asta would have sworn they had been flying for only a dozen or so minutes. No matter. A part of her, a small trivial part, screamed at her to engage in conversation with the rest of the group, try to develop a companionship with the rest. It was overshadowed however by her loner nature. So she stayed silent.

Besides she wasn't exactly as charismatic as these people and she always had trouble talking. When she was smaller, sufficiently smaller, her mother and father had tried desperately to get her a friend to play with. They tried several kids, boys, girls, but they never stuck, even when she did try. And she did try - her loner personality had yet to develop - but no, no friendships for her. It was a rather lonely existence. Her mother and father were all she had.

Deep down in the emptiness, there was a small pang of pain.

Bean grinned widely when Calder cried out her excitement. He lived for that sort of reaction to his inventions.
"What do you see?" He called over and she told them.
"Then that's where we should head I guess. Grub could use the rest."

His dragon was still flying strong but he knew his thornwing's limits better than he did his own.
As the sky darkened and the first spattering of stars littered themselves across the sky Bean lay back in his saddle and began to trace constellations. He called them out idly, more to himself than anyone, but loud enough for them to hear.
"Oh! That one is Jormungand. Loki's serpent son. They say his coils are so large they wrap around the entire world. Oh, and that? That's Balder, and that one is Tyr, and Freya...Bragi.."
Grub yawned loudly, interrupting him and glanced over his back with a playful huff. Bean flicked his spiny head sail in response.
"Well maybe someone here is actually interested?" He shot back at the dragon. Grub made a barking sound that was not a bad mimic of a laugh.
"Great, of all the dragons in the world I got one who thinks he's funny."
Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss KSMI KSMI Seabourne Seabourne

"And there's Thor and Odin." Asta found herself saying, pointing the constellions as she named them, still in that cold, emotionless tone that seemed to convey an utter jaded attiude. Her voice seemed to have a mind of it's own. She drifted closer to Bean, eying him a little intently. She didn't smile or show any sense of amiability instead her face was stone as she stated flatly, "should have figured you were a stargazer. You seemed well-versed in legends as well. Question: how do you think Ragnorak is going to occur now that we have dragons?" She could feel her face light up a bit in some sort of untold fervor when Ragnorak flew through her lips. She was always fond of that particular myth and the concept of the end of the world.

Frydo grunted once in annoyance, he had probably heard her talk on and on about Ragnorak for a while now, and probably didn't want to hear it again. Or maybe he was annoyed by Grub. She didn't know nor care very much.

Bean gave Asta a look of complete surprise. Of all the team he'd thought her the least likely to respond. She picked out the constellations with adept skill and it impressed him.
"You mean I look like a dreamer." He said with playful suspicion. "That's what my mum thinks too."
Bean didn't sit up but continued to lie with his back against Grub.
"Maybe the giants will have bigger dragons?" He offered, a little uneasy at the light in her eyes. Not many people got excited talking about the end of the world, but then he smiled.
"So there is something that puts a light in your eyes. I was afraid that after what...after the raids, well, some people lose their spirit. They never get it back." He turned his face to her as he put his hands behind his head. "I'm glad you didn't lose yours."

Asta's light vanished.
"I wouldn't say that." She said, returning to her cold tone, "maybe I'm just abnormal."
It was the only hint she would give to her inner feelings. Maybe later when they were more familiar she would tell him of the void that she felt ever since her family's death. Assuming that he was still friendly toward her.
"Though the idea of the giants having their own dragons is intriguing."
It would be very interesting to actually meet an actual giant, even if they were in another realm entirely. But the dragons were another thing entirely. The legends didn't mention dragons. Was there a ninth world? She didn't think so. The dragons were clearly from Midgard.
"Nothing Thor cannot handle, I'm sure."
For a moment, she imagined Thor in his chariot pulled by his goats, hammer in hand, roaring as he thrashed and smashed the giants and their equally giant dragons. Out of all the great gods, Thor was her favorite. Even though people said she was the daughter of Odin.
SilverFlight SilverFlight

Alana Moore

Grateful that her limited knowledge had satisfied Calder, Alana shifted in her saddle to face backwards, leaning back to lay on the large dragon's back. He hummed contentedly, and drifted on the air currents, lazily floating atop the wind. The sun dropped, painting the sky a thousand shades of purple and blue. The stars came out, prompting a discussion of constellations and gods. With her father being away so often, Alana hadn't grown up learning about myths and constellations as most other children had. Attempting to hide her interest, she tried her best to keep up with where they were pointing, but couldn't make out the pictures that everyone claimed to see. Frustrated, she gave up.

Turning her head to the side, she fixed her gaze upon Bean and his green dragon. He was open. Honest. Shifting to look at Asta, along with her cold Whispering Death, she took note of the jarring contrast between the two. Whereas Bean was easy to read, Asta excelled in hiding what she felt, if she felt at all. Something about the girl made her uneasy. Pep, she could tell, shared this feeling, as he made sure not to fly too close to the pale dragon. Sighing, she looked back at the stars. Did they really hold pictures? Alana squinted her eyes in hopes that blurring her vision would reveal something. "Hey, how long until we reach that island now? Pep could use a rest, and a meal." she asked, to take her mind away from silly myths.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 KSMI KSMI SilverFlight SilverFlight

Bean didn't quite know how to answer her self depreciation. "I don't think its abnormal, after what happened. People deal with grief in different ways."
Giants having their own dragons..."Terrifying you mean. I don't like thinking there might be dragons out there that could eat Grub as a light snack."
He noted Asta's faith in the thunder god.

Suddenly Bean felt eyes on him and turned to see Alana looking. He watched her turn her head to the skies again and then ask her question.
"Oh I'd say we could probably get there in half a candle mark. Not long now."
He nudged Grub with a heel and he angled closer to the stormcutter.
"Hey, are you okay?" He asked with a gentle concern.
Seabourne Seabourne

((super mini boredom post :3))

Last edited:
Alana Moore
After she got an answer to her question, Alana heard the steady beating of wings grow closer, and saw that Bean had angled closer to fly next to Pep. Grub kept up well for a dragon that had displayed such agility earlier. "Hey, are you okay? " he asked. She found the question a little ridiculous, since as far as she could tell she was right as rain. Aside from her fatigue and grief, that is. "Yes, is there a cause for concern?" She answered, curious of his intentions. Her eyes scanned his face, looking for anything that might betray his motives.

Pep, bored of being in the air after flying so long, was excited to have another dragon flying next to him. He rumbled low in his chest, opening his mouth to reveal that it held a small flame. The little handful of fire danced on his tongue for seconds before he looked ahead, spitting sparks in his path. They brushed over his scales and glittered out of existence after trailing behind him for a short distance. Making an almost accurate imitation of a human grin he looked to Grub, seeing if her would play along.

Calder listened to them all talk as the darkness around them began to grow, though the light never really truly disappeared, it only shifted. As the sun dipped below the horizon, it's bright light fading from sight, a new light began to emerge. A soft, neon blue glow began to shine from below Calder as her dragons scales began to emit a natural bioluminescence, casting everyone in the group in a light blue glow.

"Bean," the red-head called out as she tossed the spyglass back over to him, "that is absolutely incredible. Is there a possibility you could make more? Each of us having one would make this journey a lot easier." She looked back ahead of her to the plot of land that was beginning to close in before them, it wouldn't be much longer before they reached it. From what they could see, it was only slightly smaller than Tranquil back in the Whispering Isles. It had a singular beach, at least from their perspective, and many trees. That was about as much as anyone could see before the light of the sun disappeared beyond the horizon.

KSMI KSMI SilverFlight SilverFlight PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Seabourne Seabourne

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back