• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom HTTYDragon OC RP (WIP TITLE) - CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Kaprosuchus96

Dragon Mama <3
Light danced within the walls of the *Grand Hall, casting faint flickering light, just bright enough to see the grim expressions of the Vikings who currently waited within the building. Soot and burns covered the vast majority of the occupants as many had fled to the *Tranquil Grounds immediately after the devastation of their tribes homeland. Every single tribe that currently sat in the Grand Hall had suffered a similar fate; a large army of darkly armored warriors forced their way onto their islands. This mysterious dark army went about to destroying buildings and killing families, trampling whatever lay in their way and taking what they could; everything from food, money, dragons, even people as they made their way through the villages, ravaging what they could. Then the sky would be alight as fire and stone filled the air, demolishing whatever remained of the village as the hellfire rained down upon them, leaving the remaining tribesmen with little food, no home and a large portion of their friends and family gone; either dead or taken.

The remaining Vikings made their way to the Tranquil Grounds, an area of safe haven upon the largest island within the *Whispering Isles. For one week out of the year, the Tranquil Grounds became home to a large amount of Vikings as they waited for an audience with the *Council of Ten. The island would usually be merry with song and drink as old friends [and new] met up and regaled each other of their various adventures and hilarious tales, leaving very little room for squabbles and hostility. This time though, as five of the ten tribes met together, they looked upon each other with solemn expressions and wove their sad tales to their comrades and left the majority of the discussion to deciding what to do about these terrible events, leaving the verdict up to the current or new chieftain's of the tribes that met there. Their decision? To send a group of capable dragon riders to warn or aid the remaining five tribes, if they still stood. All the remaining riders that were left from the currently affected tribes would stay and protect the Tranquil Grounds and the Vikings that were staying there. With a decision reached the people within the Grand Hall dispersed, with only able-bodied dragon riders staying behind to await further instruction.

"Alright," An older Viking called out calmly from where he stood, in front of the large throne-like chair that was emblazoned with his tribes' insignia, that of the *Ice Pillager Tribe, as he looked down at the dragon-riders before him. *Bolverk the Blunt as he was called, along with the rest of the Ice Pillager Tribe, was from the northern end of the archipelago. He was one of the few chieftains among the five that had met that had been chief for longer than a month, which made it easier for him to speak to the room than some of the other chieftains. "You lot are the ones who can still fight. Now whether you leave to help the other tribes or you stay here to protect what we have left is the question. Are there any volunteers for this mission?" Bolverk the Blunt inquired, his arms crossed over his torso as his gaze traveled to each Viking in the room.

Among them stood a young woman with long fiery red hair, Calder Alvarsson, newly appointed Chief of the Ruby Wolf Tribe after her parents had been slain during the attack on her homeland. She stood only a few chairs over from Bolverk among the other three chieftains as they faced the group of dragon-riders before them. Calder, with her goal in mind, raised one arm, letting her gaze drift over the Vikings before her before it landed on Bolverk. "Chief," the young woman said, "I would like to join this group. I don't want what happened to me and my brothers happening to anyone else." The red-head stepped forward, down from the slightly higher platform that the thrones sat on, and made her way to the edge of the group where she turned and faced the others, waiting for someone else to speak up and join her.

Bolverk nodded, not surprised in the least given he'd known the young woman's parents. "Aye, lass. Will anyone else be joining her?" Bolverk's voice boomed a bit louder this time as his gaze once more traveled the soot-covered faces of the Vikings before him.

SilverFlight SilverFlight KSMI KSMI Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Last edited:
Alana Moore

Fire burned hotter when spewed from the mouth of a dragon. Everyone with any common sense at all knew as much. It was less common knowledge, however, how fast a thriving village could be burnt and reduced to a wasteland by such fire. Hundreds had died, and all livestock had been lost. Alana's heart was hardened with a deep rage, and a desire for vengeance burned in her eyes. The Iron Tooth tribe, which Alana was from, was well known for the strength and fortitude of their halls, and for the durability of the weaponry they produced. All of that had been lost in a mere day. Her tribe would struggle to survive with the inability to produce goods, and the sturdy buildings would take years to rebuild, even if the standards were lowered by half.

She sat among the chieftains, looking over the crowd of injured and frightened Vikings, her hands folded in her lap. As volunteers were called, she was second to stand. Her limbs were long and lithe, and as she rose to her full height she stood taller than most men. Within the ranks of the Iron Tooth, Alana stood out for her prowess in getting things done. Many unsolved problems had been handed to her to solve in the past, and this served as a new one. "I will represent the Iron Tooth." She proclaimed. She spotted a handful of Iron Tooth women begin to chatter amongst themselves, shocked at the news. "I was chosen to stand as chief today because my people know I do not accept failure. I will not fail in this task, either."

ww0AIfm.png

Through Hilt's eyes burned an image, a mixture of emotions causing her to dig nails into the seat she took within the Grand Hall. Her eyes were glossy, as if entranced by the afore-mentioned image. It played once in her mind, then again. Refusing to let her forget. The howling of pain, the flames, even her younger sister being carried off. Hilt hailed from the Grizzly Maw tribe, a nomadic band of trackers, and skilled hunters who made it tradition to hunker down in extremely hazardous environments for mere sport, until they adapted and moved onto the next challenge. A proud population number of 55 dwindled down to the single digits after recent events. During the invasion, Hilt herself refused to flee. She swung until she couldn't, and refused to leave a single body behind. Whether for burial, or to save the remainder of the tribe. The stubborn act landed her many wounds to the body, and it was only ended by her dragon, Bodil, knocking her out for her own good and carrying her to safety along with the handful of others it could carry.

Sooner or later, the voices within the Grand Hall broke the woman from her trance and she'd lift to her feet with a burning-sensation within her heart. A fire that distanced her from succumbing to sorrow, and darkness. "Oohoo no way I'm sitting out on this one. Few skulls I need to knock around. Or..off, for that matter." She'd say with a toothy grin.

"As Rep' for the Grizzly Maw Tribe, I volunteer until those Dark-Armored Bastards fall, or I do."

Her nose wrinkles momentarily, followed by a huff. She was getting worked up again.

Last edited:
Asta stood in the corner, silent as she watched the other vikings raising their hands. She tsked her tongue in slight annoyance at the presumbtion that anyone would volunteer to be save the village. Her family was dead. Her tribe, the Wandering Berserkers, had been decimated by the attack and still, she felt absolutely nothing. It was like her heart had turned to ice. She thought of her dead parents and still nothing sparked in her, no rage, no sadness, nothing. No feeling whatsoever in the great crevice of her heart. Her family was dead. They were dead and she felt nothing. She didn't cry, she didn't weep, she didn't even feel an ache. Just a void. A cold, empty void. She looks upon the Grand Hall, at all the young viking warriors that had volunteered, all swearing vengence and screaming emotions, and clicked her tongue again. Fools. They are such fools. So willing to go out and die.

Images of the villages burning flashed through her mind, images of her parents dying, fighting the enemy as the army sweeped through. They were dead now, only her and Frydo had survived, and even they had several lasting injuries. Asta absentmindly rubbed her scar as the memories flooded her and then, just then, made up her mind.

"I'll go too." She said, looking around at the assembled chiefs, eying each of them. "I need to move anyway, can't stay in one place for too long."

This was supposed to be a happy meeting. Bean couldn't help but regret the dour, solemn mood of the Tranquil Grounds. He fiddled idly with one of Grub's saddle straps and the dragon rumbled, sensing his unease.
It was all wrong. It had all gone wrong. The dark raiders had cut through everything, even Bean's best warning system. He'd been so proud of it, but now it lay in ruins on his island, just like everything else. His mother was safe, Odin be praised, but they had lost nearly everything. Bean's forge was completely lost.
He started when Bolverk began to call for volunteers. They needed to get to the last five tribes. Yes. That was a good plan. Bean looked at his dragon, who had miraculously escaped without a scratch. He was fit and Bean knew he was willing. Grub trilled and flicked his long tongue out to wrap it playfully over Bean's head.
"Get off you." He laughed, moving to scratch the impish beast under his chin. He heard voices call out. Brave vikings willing to put themselves in the path of the raiders to get to the tribes first. Bean watched them. They all looked strong. Capable, but would they be enough?
Grub Tongue was in good condition. He could make the trip, and make good time too, and Bean could handle a blade at least, a bow if he absolutely had to and he was a good rider. Before he could think twice he raised his hand, glancing at Calder and the others nervously.
"I-I'll go too."
Grub made a gurgling noise and lolled his long tongue, flapping his spiked tail on the ground. He was ready.

"Excellent," Bolverk the Blunt nodded in satisfaction, looking over the Vikings before him that had volunteered to assist with the current mission, "Any able-bodied dragon rider who isn't apart of this mission to warn the other tribes may leave. We'll meet up as soon as I'm done talking to this lot and setting them on their way. Dismissed." The older man nodded to them all before turning his attention to the five who had volunteered, gesturing for them to follow him as the room emptied itself of the various Vikings. "We've much to discuss, you lot. Gather round." The Chief of the Ice Pillager Tribe said as he came to stop at the *war table, staring down at the large map upon it that showed the whole of the Archipelago.

In the center of the map sat the Whispering Isle, and surrounding it was the territories within the Archipelago including all of the islands that had been home to the five devastated tribes. Five bright red "X"s stood out from the brown of the parchment and the black of the charcoal upon it, marking the islands where the mangled tribes had previously lived. Additionally, five green circles sat upon the map as well, marking out the islands where the remaining five tribes lived and lay unknowingly in wait for this group of volunteers to arrive. "There's the Frostscar Tribe to the north," Bolverk pointed down at the green circle that surrounded a large patch of islands at the top of the map, "They're further north than where I'm from, so you'll want to be careful. Some of my remaining Pillagers might have some proper clothing for you to wear. And then here to the west," the older man's finger slid hovered over the parchment before landing on a small trio of islands, also surrounded by one of the green circles, "the Whispering Crows. They're mighty secretive and incredibly shifty, don't give them too much leeway or you may end up the ones in trouble. The Bloody Boars shouldn't pose any issues for you;" his finger traveled across the map once more until it hit another green circle, this one surrounding a large island with only a couple smaller ones beside it that might have just been sea pillars.

"They're not the brightest, but they respect the unity and agreement of peace that the Council of Ten holds. They'll be an incredible asset to the war." Bolverk stared at the map for a moment before he directed the groups' attention to the next string of islands, a chain that consisted of two larger islands and a few smaller that were spread out around it. The two largest islands sat incredibly close to one another with one island being in the shape of a slender circle that wasn't quite closed while the other one sat inside the bay that the crescent island created. "Last is the Soggy Sentinals and the Noxious Skulls. They already coexist together with them keeping tabs on the *Exiles and all. They might be a bit tricky, only because where they're in charge of Exile Island, it's not exactly easy for them to just give up their duties and leave. But I'm sure you'll think of something." The Chief of the Ice Pillagers stood up straight, glancing at each one of the Vikings around him. "Whatever direction or order you decide to go in, whether you start with the Frostscar's and wind your way around or go from Exile Island and head upward, is up to you lot, but I highly suggest that you plan it out ahead of time as best as you can. Pick out trade islands and rest stops along the way. We can't afford to send out a second batch of Dragon-Riders to save you, not with the low numbers we have right now. So, I'll leave you all to discuss that. Send a terror mail here as soon as you've either dealt with one of the Tribes or... Well. Let's just leave it at that for now."

"Now, are there any questions before I go brief the other dragon-riders?"

Alana Moore

Brown eyes cut across the faces sat around the table, sizing up what Alana would be dealing with. A small girl with long hair that shone in the light and dark eyes that held undiluted determination. A black-haired boy with a crooked nose who'd spoken with a stutter. A brunette with a scar across her eye and a disturbing blankness to her. A cheery-looking blonde with a downcast face.

Things didn't look too good, and Alana had a feeling in her gut that their mission would be complicated. She crossed her legs and leaned back in her seat, her shoulders squared and chin lifted. She put forward a confident and assured image, careful to not betray the maelstrom brewing within her. She scanned the map, jumping over the X that marked her tribe's lands. An X did not belong there, and she refused to acknowledge it. She nodded along with Bolverk's explanation, knowing the man to be well-versed in these manners.

"Now, are there any questions before I go brief the other dragon-riders?" He asked, provoking Alana to stand, her hands hitting the table with a slam. Her eyes locked with Bolverks, a shadow cast across her face. A heavy irritation leaked from her voice, her words tinted black.

"You're telling me that we're just going to hop across a couple islands without getting back at the bastards that put us here?" She hissed, wanting for a chance to right the unspeakable wrongs done to her tribe. Fine, the other 5 tribes could be warned, but Alana wasn't here to do good for the sake of good. If she had to she would split off herself to take on such an ambitious project.

Asta listened to Bolverk's long-winded explaination of what they were to do, warn the rest of the tribes about the dark army, keeping her face expressionless, as he asked for questions. It was only when one of the vikings slammed her fist on the table and started to hiss her evident displeasure at her mission that she spoke up.

"Yes, us five dragon riders are definitely strong enough to take on an entire army by ourselves," she said, her emotionless voice dripping with cold scarcasm. Complete fool, too riled up by emotions to see clearly, it's just about revenge for her. This way of thinking is going to get one killed. She looked down at the map, at the huge X on her tribe and felt nothing. What the hell is wrong with me!? Come on, Asta, feel something! Anything! Your tribe is dead, your family is dead. Come on, feel SOMETHING! Nothing, just the void, the endless cold void and cool rage but not at her family's killers, no, at herself. She looked away.

Hilt's eyes drifted from speaker, to speaker until she approached the table herself. Opting to rest her hands on the war table instead of slamming them. For now, at least. She'd lift a finger, and direct it across the table toward Alana. "Haha! I like this one's fire. It's that fire that'll see our enemies sucking on the dirty-side of our boots by the end of all this." She lifts from her lean, eyeing the others. "Though..fire alone won't avenge our people. We'll need our brains as much as our swords to fell this evil." Taking a few minutes, she'd plot a course for their journey on the map.

oz8f1DT.jpg

"This is us." She'd point to the whispering isle, the shorter woman going on to trace her finger along the marked path she proposed. "Time is our most valuable resource now. I say we take the route quickest to travel. I know of stops we can take along the way. To resupply, and rest. Here, here and....here." Standing upright once more, she'd look to Alana. "Don't think I propose this idea out of charity, either. I say if there is an evil foolish enough to take the people we love? Burn the lands we reside? Murder the-.." Her head cocks to the side with somewhat of an angered hiss escaping her lips as she swallowed the urge to shed tears. "-Murder the family we cherish?" She chuckled, rolling her shoulders. "Then we retaliate as one. Every. Single. Viking, and Dragon willing. They've declared war against all of us, afterall! I say we gather the tribes, and strike with a force so ferocious our fallen kin watch at the edge of their glistening seats in Valhalla! That stories of our victories spread to the edges of the world for generations! That, M'lady, is my idea of vengeance." She pauses, a greedy smile present. "What say you? Will you see this plan to fruition? What of all of you here, for that matter!?" She'd call, looking around the table.

Bean followed the chief timidly to the table, peering across the map and committing it to memory. He began describing the tribes. Bean didn't like the sound of the Whispering Crows.
"But we're going there to warn them right? Why would they be a danger to us?" The unease in his voice was apparent and he cleared his throat carefully after that.
Bean waited for Bolverk to finish. A question had been nagging at the back of his mind.
"Why are they doing this? What could they possibly have to gain burning the islands' resources and killing people?" Bean hadn't wanted to think about it. He wanted to assume they were just raiders, stealing what they needed, but the more Bolverk spoke the more he realized with a sinking feeling that this really would be a war.
Grub pressed his snout into the leather armour of his shoulder and Bean patted it gently.
Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96

The audacious reply from one of the more confident warriors made him frown, but he jumped when another voice cut her down.
"Whatever we do," He said with a pointed look at Asta. "It will be together, so we'd probably be best trying to get along. I know you're hurting. We've lost so much, you should be hurting, but if we're going to see justice we need to stand as one." He gave Asta a look then, not one of sympathy but of determination. They would get this done.
Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Bean was almost taken aback by the way Hilt swept in to take their attention. He felt himself unable to tear himself away from what she was saying. At the end of her speech he was grinning and he set his hammer down on the table, a gesture that she had it to command.
"You've got the makings of chief." He began with a nod. "My name is Beinir Olafson, and I'm with you."
KSMI KSMI

Bolverk let all of the young Vikings speak before butting in; this was to be their journey after all. The older man cleared his throat, crossing his arms over his torso. "Yes. Like your "teammates" have said; it will be easier to take down this enemy with a larger force. After what our five tribes have been through we do not have the numbers to deal with an army of this size and caliber." Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

The chief of the Ice Pillager Tribe looked down at the marked map with a grim expression, his head nodding after a moment as he looked at the path that Hilt had drawn out. "I'm sure there are also more islands out there not logged on the map. You should stop any moment you can so that you're not flying for days at a time; but this is a good plan to start with." KSMI KSMI

Bolverk would nod again before turning his attention to Beinir, his expression still grim as he thought of his response; "The Tribes have always been like this, Beinir. Though some are friendlier than others, some prefer to be left alone. The entire point of the Council of Ten was to gleam peace once a year or further in the future, but only per agreement. So when there isn't an agreement in place, some of the tribes can get hostile when another suddenly shows up on their shores. I'll make sure to hand over a sigil for the Council, that way it might sway you in their favor when dealing with them. As for their reasoning... I'm not sure, son, sorry. If I did, this might have been more easy to deal with." The older man sighed as he crouched down, fishing for something under the table. "Now... you'll all need something just in case you get lost." Bolverk the Blunt grunted as he finally pulled his find from its storage spot, laying it on the table.

Upon the wood sat five rolls of parchment and a leather satchel. "There," he sighed, "a map for each of you and a bag of charcoal for marking them. And if you give me just a few moments, Beinir," Bolverk glanced down to look at the young Viking, "I'll have that sigil for you. Discuss amongst yourselves, Ill be right back." And with that the older chief walked to the door at the back of the Grand Hall, the wood creaking behind him as the door shut. SilverFlight SilverFlight

Calder had stayed silent the entire time, listening to the rest of the team talk and squabble. She stared down at the markings on the map, her mind and vision swimming a bit as she did; navigation was never her strong suit, well, in hunting maybe but that was always a smaller scale. Pulling her fiery red hair over her shoulder, she began to fiddle with it; running her fingers through the thick ginger locks, some thing she did when trying to collect her thoughts and not have a breakdown over the fact that half of her family was gone as well as most of her tribe. Taking up the courage, Calder took a sharp breath, only hesitating briefly before she spoke up.

"Water skins. We'll need more than a couple each. Along with rations just in case were unable to find game." The young Viking lifted her green eyes to look over her new teammates. "I can easily handle catching food to eat so long as there is meat or fish to hunt. And, like Beinir said; were all in this together so..." Calder took another deep breath, as she was slightly unsure of what to think, "I hope we can all get along and trust each other, at least for the duration of this journey." The word trust coming off her lips was alien to her, made her feel weird, but if she wanted to avenge her parents and protect her brothers and the remainder of her tribe, it's what had to be done.

If only I actually was feeling something because then all of this will make more sense! The viking boy had claimed that she was hurting, hurting bad, but the problem was, she wasn't. She wasn't at all. There might be something wrong with her ...... and she hated herself for it. She looked to her dragon, the Whispering Death, sitting there silent as she was. It was partically invisible, almost as much as she. Nevertheless it's inate stillness seemed to unnerve the other dragons. She watched and listened to the other freaking vikings, keeping her silence. In truth, their compassion annoyed her immensely but she kept her face expressionless and silent. They might think her cold and detached and may not feel she was even part of the group, if they thought, then so be it. She had Frydo, and he was all she needed. He was all she had.

She listened to the rest as best as she could under the circumstances, but the discussion was beginning to bore her.

Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 "That will take some time," she found herself saying matter-of-factly in that emotionless voice of hers, "and to think we will all get along is hopeful thinking, I probably already alienated some of you with my detached attiude, and the more we get to know each other, the more our flaws become apparent. I concur with you though that in order to get through this, we need to trust each other and at least try to get along. Last thing we want is infighting." It's fairly obvious even in her own ears that she didn't believe that this was possible. They were too different. There was going to be infighting, it was just human nature.

(From now on, dialogue from other characters will be italicized and dialogue from Amara will be colored Red and bolded.)

Alana Moore

Few things grated on Alana's nerves. She liked to consider herself hard to rile up, but with recent events in mind she found that it was easier to get under her skin. "Yes, us five dragon riders are definitely strong enough to take on an entire army by ourselves." Who did she think she was? Alana looked down her nose at the other girl, finding that she already disliked her. Making friends be damned, Alana wasn't going to put up with anything that she didn't need in her life. She removed herself from where she had been seated and walked around the back of her chair, stretching her arms above her head. Anything to remove herself, putting a non-corporeal barrier between her and the rude, barren girl.

She watched the little blonde mark on the map, making a plan of the order in which they'll visit each remaining tribe. It was an agreeable enough plan. After the girl wrapped up her presentation the boy had a couple hopeful words to put out, ending with an introduction. "My name is Beinir Olafson, and I'm with you." He said. She filed the name away, glad to finally have at least one of them that she could call by name. She didn't care much for touchy-feely sentiments, but calling someone The Boy all the time wore itself out. Bolverk provided them with maps and charcoals, then left the room for them to sort out what was left between themselves.

"Water skins. We'll need more than a couple each. Along with rations just in case were unable to find game. I can easily handle catching food to eat so long as there is meat or fish to hunt. And, like Beinir said; were all in this together so... I hope we can all get along and trust each other, at least for the duration of this journey."

Waterskins and food sounded good, but were obviously things they would need. The stone-cold brunette had more to say, which Alana tuned out after the third or fourth word. She was feeling a little sour, and her lack of sleep over the past few days made her irritable. Bags were beginning to form under her eyes, and her hair which was usually neatly tied was a bit tussled. She itched to be with Pep, who was outside attending to his own dragon business, whatever that may be. A couple of others present had their dragons inside, which Alana quickly looked over.

A bright green dragon with a goofy face clearly belonged to Beinir, as it kept close to his side and nudged into him constantly. A legless beast with a bulbous head lay quietly nearby, entirely blank. It reminded her of someone, and acted similarly to it's rider. It's completely white eyes stared off into another world. Gross.

"My name is Alana Moore. I look forward to completing this task with you all." she said, curt and simple, providing her name for the 4 others at the table.

Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss SilverFlight SilverFlight KSMI KSMI

ww0AIfm.png
Hilt looked to Bean, extending her right hand for a fore-armed handshake. With a sharp sniff, she'd sprout a grin and strengthen her handshake. "I can smell it." She began. "A warrior's heart. Beinir Olafson, hmm?" The woman chuckled briefly, "A name I won't soon forget. Well Met." Pulling from the handshake, she'd turn offward with a more grim expression. "Though I'd have you know this. I've no interest in leading. 'Till this day, or the last. It.." She pauses, "You'd do best to remember that." Shortly after Hilt's words, she looked up to Bolverk as he spoke, nodding toward his advice on travel. The mention of uncharted islands sent a faint chill up the viking's spine, the thrill of exploration. It was her life's calling, and more than enough reason for her bright grin to return. "Aye." She replied.

As Bolverk left, she'd stand arms leaned against the war table as the others either introduced themselves, or contributed to their collective plans for travel. Her eyes drifted across the hall, looking to each and every one of them. It was after formalities had ended, and a brief pass of silence fell that she'd burst into hearty laughter with a hand raised in the arm. "Hell, I reckon the tension in the room wouldn't crush even if a damned Bewilderbeast sat on it." The mention of the bewilderbeast came from rumor, and child's tales alone but even in adulthood she wished the rumors true. "Soo whhat~ The odds are stacked against us, and the threat of a world-ending force looms over us all~" She shoulders raised and her arms extended jokingly, but shortly after her expression tightened.

"We are Vikings! Built, and bred to tackle the impossible." An open palm pointed to one of the dragon's in the room. "I mean ..look, afterall. We've gone from hunting dragons, to riding them for Odin's sake! Living with, and alongside them. We've done the impossible once, and with Odin's fury I have every intent on doing it again!" Her eyes drifted to the people beside, and around her. "Ooh man would I like to curl up and give in to fear's whispers-" She said while opening a palm to show her body was indeed shaking to a small-degree. For one reason, or another. "But I've the heart of a warrior. As do you all of you. Until our enemy falls, we are a unit. A team. So I say we accept that we all have differences, and learn to deal with 'em, mm?"

Huffing briefly, she'd relax her shoulders and chuckle at a thought. "As for Prep' goes, If we're riding for the Frostcar first, I say we wear furs thick enough to survive the cold. I'd hate for Beinir over here to lose his pebbles to frostbite." The woman jested with a chuckle, and a playful bump of the elbow against Beinir's shoulder. "And uh..Call me Hilt, by the way. Hilt Magnhild."

Seabourne Seabourne , PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss , Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 , SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
Bean accepted the map and charcoal gratefully, waiting for the token that would reveal them as allies to the tribes they were set for.
The woman with wild red hair began listing supplies and Bean's expression lightened. "I've got a bag of healing supplies, and packs of dried fish. Grub can carry that easily enough. I'm not bad with a bow either so, I could help you hunt."
Then there was the issue of trust and Bean looked down at the table as Grub pushed his nose into his rider's hands.
"I'd like to trust you all." He spoke softly, "I suppose it won't be much different from trusting our dragons. I trust Grub well enough."
Grub in reply gave a low trill and licked Bean in the face. He then eyed the others, trying to gauge whether they would also like to be licked in the face. Bean clamed a hand down on his muzzle and shoved him away.
"Sorry, he's...very friendly."

The surly warrior didn't seem to be convinced, and made her opinions very well-known. Bean, ever the forgiving sort, shrugged in a mild way. "I don't really put much stock into first impressions, especially not when they're on the tail of tragedy. You haven't alienated me at least." He tried to give her a gentle smile.

"It's nice to meet you Alana." He couldn't help but eye her spear, not doubting for a moment that she knew how to use it. "Don't worry. We'll get the raiders who did this. That's an Olafson promise."

Hilt was by far the most unusual he decided. She could 'smell' a warrior's heart?
"I'm not much of a warrior." He corrected her meekly. "And my friends call me Bean."
She didn't want to be a leader. That was fair. "I've found that the best leaders, often don't want to lead. They just sort of...do."

If anything her speech proved it to him. By the end of it even he was ready to leap off the next cliff on Grub's back and face whatever was in store for them with a smile and a brandished hammer.
She mentioned the arm furs, and her next comment actually managed to make Bean blush. He wished she'd leave his 'pebbles' out of the conversation.
"W-well met Hilt."

Grub began to fidget again and Bean sighed, leading his dragon back to his small camp. "I'll get packed up and meet you back here."
It did not take long. Bean was back in moments, the herbs and healing items as well as the fish lashed to the harness behind Grub's thorny wings.
The dragon's tongue was lolling excitedly, his spiked tail tearing up the grass behind him.
Bean's clothes were filled with stitched tears, a testament to the Thornwing's affectionate nature. He was loading the bags with the last of the fish when Grub turned his huge round eyes on the viking blacksmith with the most pitiable expression. He glanced longingly at the fish.
"Oh no. We need to ration this. I'll feed you again when we stop to rest."
He certainly wasn't the most obedient dragon, but it was clear Bean loved him.

Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96 PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Seabourne Seabourne KSMI KSMI

Asta watched the proceedings with a careful eye, listened as each individual of her team made their name known to the rest. And scrutinizing each of them in turn. There was Bean and she could already tell just by looking at him that he was the kind-hearted, merciful, forgiving type, and from the behavior of his dragon, quite a loving man as well. Then there was Hilt, an energetic, perky girl that took to the role of the leader easily and quickly, despite the tragedy she still had some spirit in her - perhaps she did not suffer as much as they had? She was not sure nor was she one to make blatant assumptions. And then Alana, the emotional, hotheaded one, the one that pretty stormed off the moment she had voiced her disapproval of her recklessness, adept in a cold tone. Then there was the redhead girl, and from what she had seen, she was the planner of the group, with how easily she was able to formulate one, though she noticed that she had a slight difficulty when she said the word trust .... an interesting development. When it was her turn to speak, she frowned a bit and looked to Frydo, who looked back with his decisively blank stare and then turned his bulbous head away. "Asta," she said rather simply, "you can all call me Asta." She didn't give out her hand to shake or anything. Which, if these vikings were observant, can easily see as part of her nature.

After she said her name, she strode off to her camp to get ready, Frydo slithering in after her

Calder listened to her new comrades, to their ferocity, their coldness, their hope, and their bravery with an open heart. Whether she felt alright trusting these dragon-riders or not she wasn't sure, but she had said it herself; she had better try to get along with and trust them for the duration of this journey. Her dark eyes flitting from Alana, to Hilt, then to "Bean" and "Asta" as the two walked out of the Grand Hall; she'd have to introduce herself to them later. The red-head clasped her hands in front of her, her fingers fidgeting slightly as she stood there thinking. This was going to be a difficult trip for all of them, especially after everything that had happened; working together was going to be their best bet of completing this mission, and at least for now it seemed to somewhat start off okay? SilverFlight SilverFlight PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

The Ruby Wolf Viking shook her head and let out a faint sigh, collecting herself back into the moment as she lifted her gaze to Hilt and Alana once more. "My name is Calder Alvarsson. It's an honor to join you on this journey." She smiled lightly, crossing one arm over her torso with her fist over her heart. "I apologize for my silence previously I tend to spend a lot of time, ah... Thinking and planning. If I ever zone out a bit just feel free to pinch me or something..." Her smile turned sheepish as looked between the two other women. Seabourne Seabourne KSMI KSMI

Alana Moore

"And uh..Call me Hilt, by the way. Hilt Magnhild."
"And my friends call me Bean."
"you can all call me Asta."
"My name is Calder Alvarsson"

So now she had everyones name. 'Bean' and Asta left, probably to prepare before they all set off. Hilt and Calder both remained, the latter offering a shy smile. "Do not apologize for your nature." she said, walking to the exit. She stepped outside and whistled, placing two fingers in her mouth to produce a sharper sound. A minute passed, then the beating of wings could be heard, her dragon Pep answering to her call. He landed, using his lower wings to prop up his front half. Alana offered him a quick pat on the shoulder before using the knee of his leg to reach his back.

She could not think of anything she needed to grab within a reasonable distance, and so when Pep took to the sky she awaited Bolverk's return. They circled above, looking down to the Grand hall. Bean returned, along with his green dragon he'd called Grub. Alana signaled to Pep to land again, staying atop the dragons back as he landed. His scales rustled dryly, his primary wings folded against his sides while his secondary set served as arms. He leaned forward to sniff Grub, grumbling in approval. He did the same to Bean, dipping his head to the new friends.

While they were inside, Bean had said something that sparked her interest. "Don't worry. We'll get the raiders who did this. That's an Olafson promise." She narrowed her eyes and leaned forward, looking squarely into his eyes. "I'm not sure I caught what tribe you're in."

Asta gathered as much as she could as Frydo watched, unblinking. She patted his head, and allowed a rare smile to enter her face, "we're going on an adventure, Frydo." The dragon nodded as if he understood her, a sad look in his eyes. "Yeah, I know. I know. Just give me time." The Whispering Death growled a bit, concerned, his bulbous head snuggling against hers in way of comforting her. Even the coldest exterior can have a warm interior. That was what her mother had said. "Come on, Frydo," she said as she climbed on top of him, "we shouldn't keep the others waiting." Frydo growled in agreement and took off up into the sky.

She arrived back just as Bean came back just to see Alana and her dragon settle down and greet them. She made sure to keep her distance from her, she didn't want nor need the confrontation. Frydo must have had the same sentiment as he was flying a little further away from the rest of the group. Not too much further - after all, they were still part of the group - but far enough to put some distance between them. After he had settled in some lonely spot beside the Grand Hall, she slid off him and walked toward the rest of the party.

Bean shielded his eyes from the wind Alana's Storm Cutter kicked up as he landed. Bean marveled at the dragon, knowing how unusual they were. He reached a hand up to press it gently against the dragon's regal crest. Grub's tongue lolled and he licked Pep's face, chuffing happily.
As Alana leaned forward in her saddle Bean involuntarily leaned back, slightly diffident under her scrutinizing stare.
"That's because I didn't say what Tribe I was in." Bean answered her. "Not that it matters much now. I was from a small village. As far as I know, my mother and I were the only ones that made it here."

((Just a teensy post to reply to Seabourne Seabourne because Alana's question might get overshadowed with the send off))

Hilt turned to the ruby wolf, looking to the fist raised at the woman's heart. With a toothy grin, she'd clasp a hand on Calder's shoulder. "The honor is mine, Calder of The Ruby Wolves." Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96

Without a second thought, she'd release her hand and walk passed the others. "Oh! ..And don't apologize. Your mind may some day bring us closer to victory!" The thought alone was enough for the viking to lift both arms into the air in a cheer as the walked through the Grand Hall's doors. One by one she watched as the others united with their dragons, or attended to fitting themselves for the journey. As for Hilt? Her eyes couldn't make out where her thick-scaled companion had gone. Thinning her gaze, she'd see a large figured curled up along the outskirts of civilization. A minute's jog later, she'd found the scaled creature known as Bodil curled comfortably into a tight ball. "Bo!" She'd call, placing a hand on the dragon's scales. "Up, and at 'em boy! We've got-" The dragon suddenly began to make dramatically loud snoring noises.

It was then that the viking cracked her knuckles and from a distance, she could be seen using various methods to awake the dragon. Like one sibling trying to wake the other in the morning. Back against the dragon, she'd dig her feet into the ground and puuuussh! But to no avail. Tiring of this quickly, Hilt huffed and looked over to the others, then back at her dragon. "Fine then, ya big lug. How about a race?" It was then the dragon's wing lifted up to reveal its face, and a pale white eye blinking as if his attention was seized. "Ooh yeah. A race. You n' me, boy." Her arm lifted to point to where the others were. "If you win? I'll fill that gut of yours with fish-" THUNK -- WHSSH -- THUNK. Without the chance to finish speaking, Bodil had uncurled itself and had been using its powerful legs to haul can win the race already. "W-..but-..Gaaah you!-" It was behind the large, sprinting dragon that a grinning Hilt Magnhild came dashing behind and later alongside with long, powerful strides. Both dragon, and human could be seen storming toward the others in what seemed to be a full-blown race. Inches from the finish line, both Bo' and Hilt stretched themselves in goofy manners and dove towards victory which resulted in a tie, and the two of them sliding along the ground until they stopped just before Hilt's small camp-setup.

In hearty laughter, she'd scratch Bo's chin. "Another tie, boy. Either I'm getting faster, or you're getting slower." To which the dragon responded by jokingly bumping his rider. Wasting no time, Hilt gathered the necessities for the trip: Provisions, furs, waterskins, and mapping equipment. Meeting the others shortly after, she approached with a stern-looking, pale-eyed dragon staring at all the dragons, and their riders. Asta's Whispering Death, in particular. "Right well I think me n' Bo' here are all set."

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Seabourne Seabourne SilverFlight SilverFlight

Calder's dragon, a Venomous Spinetail with a muted blue color pallet, slipped from the sea and made her way up the beach and towards the Grand Hall. She'd been taking a lackadaisy swim while awaiting Calder to be done with the meeting when her passengers had requested a return to land. Upon her back sat two young boys, both with a tousle of bright orange hair; Calder's younger twin brothers. "Come on, Teyla!" One brother, Orn brashly cried out, loud enough for the group of Vikings and dragons that congregated in front of the Grand Hall to hear, "Let's go bother Calder!" Ref, Orn's identical twin brother just cackled excitedly as the two of them raised small wooden short swords into the air as the large dragon made her way up to the Grand Hall, a look of frustrated exhaustion clear on her face. Upon reaching the front of the Grand Hall, sitting not far from the group of Vikings before them, the two twins realized that they wouldn't be able to do their pranking in secret like they had planned and tried to escape, only to find themselves held aloft with the waistband of their trousers clutched between Neteyla's teeth.
Seabourne Seabourne KSMI KSMI PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss SilverFlight SilverFlight

"Hey! Let go!" The two red-headed rascals had just begun to complain when the doors to the Grand Hall opened and their sister and Chief Bolverk both exited the building. Calders dark eyes flashed a warning at the two troublemakers, who quickly got quiet, and she nodded her head in gratitude to Neteyla before turning her attention to Bolverk. The Ice Pillager Chief cleared his throat to get everyone's attention on him, his gaze traveling over the young dragonriders before him as he gave the group one full pass before finally speaking up. "You've got quite a journey ahead of you. Work together as best as you can to unite the Tribes and fly back to us as soon as possible. Send a Terror mail when available so we can know your progress and work accordingly on our end as, well hopefully, the other Tribes join us. Fly safely, be strong, and Godspeed to you all." Bolverk turned to Bean at the end, handing the young man a satchel, "This is that bag of sigils I mentioned previously, I hope they help." He raised his hand to the others before taking a step or so back to let them figure everything out.

Alana Moore

Everyone had been personally affected by the raiders. Whether by losing home or family, they had all been thrust into a new life. "As far as I know, my mother and I were the only ones that made it here." he said. Her heart grew tight, though she didn't know how many people had been in his village, surely to lose all but two was horrible. She offered him a small smile, leaning back out of his personal space. Alana absentmindedly stroked Pep's shoulder, who was enthralled with Grub. He turned his head about to look at her, twisting it in a way that would leave other dragons sore. She'd grown used to being around the Stormcutter, but they were odd dragons. She tapped his nose gently, and he snorted at her before turning around to refocus his attention on nudging Grub.

Bolverk and Calder exited the building, and she watched Calder nod to someone behind them. Alana turned to look and saw a rather large dragon, blue in color with frilled fins sprouting from its head. She assumed it was Calder's, and was impressed by how fierce the dragon appeared. Pep was also rather large, especially when counting wingspan, and was excited to see another big dragon.

"You've got quite a journey ahead of you. Work together as best as you can to unite the Tribes and fly back to us as soon as possible. Send a Terror mail when available so we can know your progress and work accordingly on our end as, well hopefully, the other Tribes join us. Fly safely, be strong, and Godspeed to you all." Bolverk said. Hilt, with her broad dragon, appeared the most ready of them all to set off. The blonde girl had an excited energy to her.

"Pep and I are ready to fly, our travel bags are still packed from when we left our island." She announced, slapping a hand on the roll of furs that bound her belongings together while hanging from loops in Peps saddle.

Grub adored the attention he was receiving from the larger dragon. He reached up and began to chew on Pep's whiskers playfully.
Bean's shoulders relaxed a little when Alana drew back, and returned the smile a little sheepishly. He could see the pity in her eyes.
"Truth be told, that village wasn't where my father was from anyway, so...I don't think I could give you a clan name at all...but it doesn't matter. What does matter is getting to the other clans before more people are killed."
Seabourne Seabourne

He tightened the last few straps on Grub's saddle before climbing onto the dragon's back. Grub looked back over his shoulder with his tongue lolling in a draconic grin.
Bean saw the mine runner and couldn't keep the marvel from his face. These vikings had such impressive dragons! Grub chuffed, almost as if he could sense Bean's appreciation for the others. Bean smiled and rubbed the scales on Grub's neck, reminding him that no dragon could replace the thornwing in his heart.

At first, Bean didn't notice Bolverk and Calder come out through the great hall doors. He was busy watching a spinetail approach with two young viking boys captive by their waistbands in her jaws. He couldn't hide a grin. Bean could tell at a glance who's relatives they were, even without the icy glare their sister gave them.
Bolverk strode over to him then, handing him the seals. He took the bag carefully, going to back it in the most secure pack behind the saddle.
"Thank you chief. We'll get through to the other tribes."
Kaprosuchus96 Kaprosuchus96

With that Bean turned his dragon towards the cliffs, waiting for the others. Grub sensed the impending flight and began to bounce on his claws, tail lashing impatiently. Bean was clearly used to the behaviour, and bore it without much mind. Grub drew up back beside his new storm cutter friend and Bean glanced up to Alana.
"Ready?" He asked, in a voice that told her he certainly wasn't.
Seabourne Seabourne

KSMI KSMI PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Asta and Frydo were ready, she didn't have to proclaim it like the rest, she just got onto Frydo's back and waited for them all to take off. Frydo shivered involuntarilly in vivid discomfort as he looked at the sky, his blank eyes wondering. She knew what he was thinking. Being a Whispering Death, he was not really a sky dragon, but the type of dragon that would barrow into the earth. He also was not a day dragon either but luckily it was overcast and the sun was not out and about. If it had been day, it would have been extremely difficult. Frydo was not like most Whispering Deaths though, that was why he was outcasted. Just like her and her family.

Asta patted Frydo on the head, reassuring him that everything was going to be alright. Even though she wasn't sure if it was. The truth was, she highly doubted that a group like this would last long enough to accomplish anything. But she kept her mouth shut. The last they need right now is cold hard misgivings, especially with grief so close to their hearts. Alana Moore already didn't like her but she suspected that she was just the type that didn't like to be challenged. The rest were fine, even if they were emotionally compromised in their overrall goals, by Asgard, they might even get along. At first. While the grief was still fresh and everyone was more forgiving of transgressions, but eventually the grief would ease up and everyone would start to realize that sometimes assholes were just that, assholes. Then the cabin fever would start and everyone would be at each others throats. She meant what she said.

She eyed Alana Moore. Probably should avoid her for now, don't want a confrontation just yet. But if she suggested something illogical or stupidly reckless, she would call her out on it. Not because she was a cold, heartless bitch. But because she was a cold, heartless, logical bitch. My mother always sworn that if it hadn't been for my father inserting his massive sexual prowess on her every night, that she would have been convinced that I was the daughter of Odin. Not sure how she would have came to that conculsion as Odin has never once fathered a child with a mortal. Maybe she got her gods mixed up or something. She had come from a faraway land, and her gods were not her father's gods. She knew that just the thought of her mother should bring a wave of pain through her, should cause her to at least feel something. But she felt nothing.

She looked around at the other vikings, and saw their grief and pain. And felt as if she were an outcast and exile, watching them from a distance. What was wrong with her? She should be griefing right now! But she just felt devoid of emotion and empty. Was this griefing? Had she been cursed? What was wrong with her? She knew for a fact that this wasn't normal. That she wasn't normal.

Of course I am not normal, my dragon is a Whispering Death for crying out loud, and even he isn't normal for his kind. They probably all think I'm a bloodthirsty killer.

And she was surprisingly okay with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back