• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Httyd: Life after Berk (reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Rose stops Heidi while Midnight takes off, disappearing into the night sky "No no no, let her set up her own sleeping area" she adds "You see, I am curious how she will do without all that fancy stuff of hers, we can help her with hunting, washing and that kind of stuff, but she has to earn her stay too" she explains, sure they could do everything for Octavia, but she had to learn it herself too and out there, the sooner the better.

Victoria walks after Gustav and he sighs "I'm not sure what to make of her, her curiosity will bring us more trouble then the fact Rose is Hiccup and Astrid's daughter" she says and she sighs "What do you think? I feel like you don't really trust or like her, hell I'm convinced Rose didn't bring her without a very good reason, but we'll figure that out when she tells us I guess"

AquaMarie AquaMarie Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

Heidi stops and looks over at Rose "are you sure Rose I just wanted to be nice and set up an area for her as I did for everyone else here..." Heidi said. "but alright if your sure about this Rose..."

Gustaf turns to Victoria as she sighs "your right I don't rust her one bit....she dresses weird and she is way too curious....I know Heidi is curious as well with everything around her....but this girl....something about how she seems to want to studying our dragons....I feel like she is a spy of some sorts..." He responded folding his arms. "I also have to keep and eye out for Heidi she seems curious of her and wants to be friend her....but who doesn't she wants to befriend be it person or dragon " He sighs shaking his head.

Flame Demon Flame Demon Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

"I mean, she may seem nice, but if Spike thinks she's a threat, who am I to ignore my dragons warnings?" Victoria asks. Spike was, as she had figured out, a giant cuddly dragon who was only angry because he got attacked and a tooth stuck in his stomach, hell who wouldn't be mad at that point, but if the dragons didn't trust this new person then why would they? "It does seem like she's a spy doesn't it? Do you think we're in for some weird experiment?" she asks, it wouldn't be the first time, though the first time it would be with people "Do you know off the time Rose kidnapped all the chickens and she hid them in their shed to see how many laid eggs in such a small room?"

Rose nods "I'm sure" she says entering the clubhouse and she puts the bag with her tools with her other stuff "Tomorrow we're going to fix up some general areas such as the dome, a forge and more importantly, the stables" she says "And once that's done we can start on our huts".

Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon AquaMarie AquaMarie

Octavia followed Heidi inside. She didn't know if she liked them yet, though she thought that the girls were nice. Mainly because they had talked to her. She knew that she wasn't like most people and also knew she could be a bit hard to deal sometimes, because that's what others and her dad often told her and she also knew she'd probably have to explain her to them as well.

Inside was pretty nice, though there were some patches of the roof that didn't match the rest. The other's apparently had to fix it. This annoyed her a bit, and she said: "We have to redo the roof. It doesn't match, but I'm also offering my assistance to help you with it". She knew that whenever she said something like that it wasn't always appreciated, enough people had yelled at her for something like that, but she also couldn't stop herself from saying it. Then she walked over to Rose and Heidi, having overheard their conversation about where she's going to sleep. "Firstly, I don't know how to set up a bed, so letting me do it is probably a bad idea and I also don't have any materials. So maybe one of you can help me?", she ended.

Flame Demon Flame Demon AquaMarie AquaMarie

"Eh..." Rose trails off and mentions to the sleeping corner "We use bedrolls, easy to carry around and all that and don't let Victoria hear that, she's our resident carpenter when it comes to the buildings. Also we just arrived somewhere late this morning, so we haven't exactly done much yet" she explains. How long did Octavia think they were there for? A week? No, if they were the roof and wall would look good.

Victoria groans as she turns to Octavia "Well sorry if you're not satisfied, but it's just so we aren't going to be drenched in our sleep should it start to rain at night", as someone who often helped with buildings she knew it was needed, but they couldn't redo the entire roof, not yet anyway. "Oh hey Rose, I got a handy design for a crane, you know, what Gobber sometimes uses, if we could make an improved version of it building will be a lot easier" she says "I put it in one of your bags, I'm just not the best artist when it comes to blueprints".

AquaMarie AquaMarie Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

Last edited:
"Oh okay. Then it makes sense that the roof doesn't match", she said. "I could help you with fixing it though. I'm good at building stuff", Octavia offered. "And I've never slept on bedrolls before, but I can see why you use them", she added.

"I'd rather not be drenched", she said after Victoria explained everything to her. It wasn't like Octavia didn't like water. She didn't mind oceans or lakes too much, though she hated being rained on. Octavia didn't exactly know why, but something about being only partially wet was a bit unsettling to her. "I can help with the blueprints though. As I said, I'm pretty good at building things and I'm not too bad at drawing. Besides, I could also improve it quite a bit, ultimately making it really efficient", she offered again. She has never lived with anyone but her dad, so she wasn't really used to helping someone else too much, though everyone else seemed to be doing that and Octavia had learned a while ago, that imitating what others did was very beneficial.

AquaMarie AquaMarie Flame Demon Flame Demon

Rose raises an eyebrow at Octavia "I'm pretty sure I said 'be yourself'" she says "And why don't you think of something you're good at we don't have as skill already?" she asks while taking the blueprint and she nods, she could do something with this "I'll work on this once I have a forge" she says looking at Victoria "And I'll improve the drawing a bit, maybe add some more mechanical stuff" she mumbles, she hoped Octavia wasn't trying to steal their jobs though.

Victoria nods at Rose while getting her something to eat "Any we put your bags with your bedroll and do you know where the dragons have flown of to?" she asks, it seemed the dragons agreed that they weren't trusting Octavia "Rose here is our leader and resident inventor" she says "Gustav and I are the carpenters, he does the furniture and I handle the buildings and Heidi cooks" she explains.

"I know. I remember you telling me", she told Rose after she had said to just be herself. "Okay", was all she said then to think of something she was good at that they didn't have a skill of already and walked over to her bag. Once there she sat down and started reading one of her greek books in medicine. "I'm good at building stuff and medicine for the most part, but since none of you are hurt, medicine is pretty useless at the moment", she said. "Though I'd be glad to help if you need it", Octavia added, before turning back to her book and continuing to read.

AquaMarie AquaMarie Flame Demon Flame Demon

At that Rose looks at Victoria "Well getting hurt is an occupational hazard" she says "And Victoria can teach you the basics of our medicine since her mother makes healing paste" she adds, but this just earns her an unimpressed look "Or not" she mumbles, this was going to be hard work, especially since only Heidi seemed to trust Octavia "We'll figure it out in the morning" she decides.

Victoria sighs walking to her bedroll and she lays down "Rose is right, we'll figure this out in the morning" she says making herself comfortable "And don't worry, despite looking like people who know nothing compared to you we can manage just fine" she says before turning to her other side with a 'good night'.

(sorry guys...was having trouble with what to write...)

Gustaf was not at all pleased with Octavia girl that will be staying with them. Not saying a word he had left to his own bedroll and went to sleep.

Heidi felt bad and even Rose didn't want her to help out Octavia, Heidi could not help but help her. She set up a little area for Octavia with her own bedroll. "um Octavia" Heidi said walking over to the girl and taping her shoulder "I was able to put together a bedroll for you to sleep...I know Rose wanted you to do it...but hey..." she said with a shrug "I know it's not a bed but our bed rolls are quite comfy...oh and welcome to our little group..." she added.

Flame Demon Flame Demon Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

Rose sighs "Heidi, how is she going to survive on her own if we're not here if you keep helping her?" she asks, she had moved to a quiet corner with her lantern and the blueprint, so that she wouldn't bother anyone while she worked, she wouldn't be able to sleep anyway, she was excited and she had to keep an eye on Octavia, though she's sure she's not alone with that regard, given that she saw a flicker of movement outside the clubhouse before it disappeared.

Octavia thanked Heidi for helping her with the bedroll and lay down herself. Like always, she was lying on her back, looking up at the ceiling that out of obvious reasons still didn't match. She knew it would be impossible to sleep here like that, so she got up again, got her violin out of her bag and snuck outside to find a quiet place. Making music always calmed her and maybe she would be able to sleep outside somewhere.

She walked around the island for a while, her eyes having adjusted to the darkness. She wasn't able to see perfectly, but well enough to not trip over anything special. Soon, she found a beach. She stayed there for a second enjoying the peace and the view of the stars above her and the sound of the waves gently brushing up against the shore. She sat down and took out her violin out of the case and started off tuning it. After that she took a deep breath, closed her eyes and started playing one of her favourite pieces.

Rose gets up once she's certain Octavia is outside and she hops on Midnight as her eyes scan the area "Follow the sound, but be careful not to be seen" she whispers so Midnight takes off. At the beach Rose gets off before walking over to Octavia and tapping her shoulder "Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to wander around without anyone with you?" she asks mentioming to the surroundings "If you got attacked by a wild dragon there would be no one to help you out and we'd find you here, burned to ashes or worse" she sats crossing her arms. "So pray tell, what the hell were you thinking?!" she asks, Midnight is scouting the area from the sky "Just because we have dragons doesn't mean that all dragons are going to leave you alone".

“I don’t need you to observe my every move. I’m capable of taking care of myself just fine”, Octavia said and started packing her Violin. Then she stood up and said: “I came here to be alone and for once not having someone following my every move”. By now she was a bit angry.

“Do you know what it’s like to be constantly followed, called dumb or stupid and have people making all decisions for you, because they don’t think you can take care of yourself? Never having any freedom to actually be yourself or never having a chance to prove yourself? Probably not, since you’re living here”, by now Octavia was pretty much yelling.

She took her violin and started walking away from the other girl, really not caring at the moment if it was dangerous or not. That was also a part why she had been so quick to agree to come. To get some freedom and mainly learn more about her capabilities and how to manage life without having anyone around all the time.

Last edited:
"You think my life is easy?" Rose asks grabbing Octavia's arm "I am the chief's daughter, I am expected to lead the village one day! If you think that you have it bad, try imagining how you feel if you were told you are going to lead a village one day! The only reason we are here is because is because we're here to learn to take care of ourselves, I am leading this group so I am somewhat prepared when I before chieftess! Everyone's safety here is my responsibility, that now includes you, so if you don't agree with it you can go right back to Berk because I cannot keep an eye on you the entire time" she says and she glares. "We are heading back to the clubhouse and if you want a place to be alone, that's fine, but you can't go off in the middle of the night to-" she cuts herself off when movement grab her attention and she pushed Octavia down and a fireball passes over them "Midnight!" she calls so the Night Fury lands in front of them to protect them from another fireball.

“Don’t touch me”, Octavia yelled as Rose grabbed her arm and started pulling away, but didn’t say anything further, because she knew from previous conflicts that if the other person starts to yell, it was just smarter to not say anything. Then suddenly she was thrown on the ground and saw a fireball pass over her. Probably a new dragon Rose didn’t know about. “Anything I can do to help?”, she asked since she was the one who got them into this mess and she was going to help Rose and Midnight getting out of it.

"Stay down!" Rose orders while taking her retractable shield from her hip and she blocks spines "Nadder." she mumbles running towards the trees. Midnight stays in front of Octavia, protecting the girl, though she's also keeping an eye on rider and best friend, growling before grabbing Octavia and flying back to the clubhouse, after pushing the new girl in and closing the door she heads back to Rose.
Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon AquaMarie AquaMarie SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Last edited:
Octavia lands on the ground at the clubhouse, sits down and huffs. She doesn‘t like sitting on the sidelines and just being useless. She knows she could help if they told her what to do. She looks at the unfinished ceiling. It‘s been driving her mad all night - the initial reason why she left the clubhouse and gotten herself into trouble. Maybe she could try to fix it until the others arrived and came back. Then she would have done something and the ceiling would stop driving her mad.

She walked over to her stuff and got all the things she needed, put the stuff in her bag and with the help of a rope spotting her, she somehow managed to climb to the ceiling and started fixing the patches that didn‘t match the rest of the roof.

Flame Demon Flame Demon AquaMarie AquaMarie SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

However as Octavia begins to work on fixing the roof Spike appears and growls at her, as if telling her to go back inside, the Dramillion had perched himself on the roof to keep watch after Rose and Midnight had left, besides, Rose was out there stopping a nadder, she might get injured, or did that thought not occur to this weird girl?

Octavia looks up as Spike growls at her. „I know you do not approve, but first, I don‘t really care and second, I can‘t leave the ceiling like that. It‘s driving me mad“. She pulled down her goggles. „Alright, now look away“, she told the dragon. She didn‘t want to get in trouble with Rose for accidentally blinding the dragon. She turned her flashlight off and started welding the patches together to make them waterproof and just sturdier in general, before taking out the mismatched pieces and exchanging them with ones that match as well as securing them.

Spike growls louder and he mentions to the part that's still mostly in tact, by welding it it the colors weren't matching either, he may be a dragon, but he had heard his rider complain about slight differences enough

Alva and Thorn flew as fast as they could back to Berk as the boy had forgotten some very important plants that he needed to get planted as soon as they arrived . It took longer than he had wanted but he managed to land on Dragon’s edge without loosing too much time. Thorn, however was quite pleased to have gone as fast as she desired. He hated leaking so much work to the haters but he really needed those medicinal herbs as they were rare and very potent for his treatments for both humans and dragons. Some plants he learned had more benefits to dragons than humans and the other way around. He kept a special plant in a glass container as the tons from even the raw plant could be deviistatiing to humans and a heavy sedative for dragons. He needed to be dry careful with it and take special precautions to secure it and carry it across to the new island. He finally arrived at dusk the day after they were supposed to arrive together. He noticed that much of the place was old and at the very least creaking. IIt made the place even more eerie but, with Thorn by his side, Alva didn’t really fear anything. He heard a strange noise come from the clubhouse and so he’s headed that way. He saw a bright light and person’s figure wielding it. He. Covered his eyes as best as he could to keep himself from going blind and called out. “Hello” he called cautiously, who is that?”

The wind blew bitterly cold as Serenity and Starlight flew as quickly as they could. While she had only planned to do a small scouting mission just beyond the Edge but it wound up being quite a bit more than that. Unfortunately she had gotten caught in a bit of fire and she had to lead those intruders away. That was a job done fairly easily as they didn’t seem all that. Bright or keen on how dragons really were so leading them far away and in the wrong direction was simple enough and even making a bit of a show of making it seem like her dragon had been just a figment of the sailor’s imagination and were just hunting fairly tales, but it wasn’t exactly risk or harm free. Once landed on Dragon’s edge, the young woman collapsed and fell off her white feathered dragon whom just dropped herself down and panting a bit from flying as fast as she could with her injured rider. Serenity had some burn marks, scratches, bruises, a cracked bone or two and a couple gashes but nothing too life-threatening if treated soon. To try and get some hel for her rider, Starlight set up a plasma blast like a flair to request help from the other humans that were supposed to be on the island.

Victoria groans when she hears her dragon roar, so she gets up and heads outside to look at the roof "Hey Alva, that is our new resident, who really should let people sleep!" she complains and she grabs Spike tail to get on the roof, covering her eyes "Octavia it's the bloody middle of the night, the hell are you doing?!" she asks loudly to come over the sound of the welding torch. Was this girl crazy? You didn't work on roofs in the middle of the night.

Midnight, after finding Rose and calming down the Nadders, heads back to the clubhouse, until she sees some sort of flare, so she changes course and speeds off "Serenity!" Rose yells once her dragon lands and she runs towards her sister "What happened?" she asks crouching down "Shit, is Alva back already?" she mumbles while checking the injuries. She had to stay calm and maybe ignore the cut from the nadder spine, she hadn't dodged quick enough, but that was nothing compared to what Serenity had.

Last edited:
“A new resident? How odd.” Said one of the only boys in the whole group. He wasn’t really one for confrontation and knew the need for sleep but also understood the urge to get things done even at the cost of precious rest. He just smiled a bit at the interaction and let the two girls talk even if sounded a bit more like scolding than anything else. He had to get som of the more dangerous plants and herbs from the saddlebags before their containment got too bad and wound up damaging anything or accidentally poisoning his dragon. He bright both Thorn inside and his plants and lay them down in a small corner of the clubhouse to keep them all safe from the temperature drop. He old have to build a greenhouse quickly and see if he could borrow Meatlug from Fishlegs to build one made of glass to better entrap the heat and sunlight when and where needed. That was going to be. Big project that he would need a lot of help with.

The very injured woman groaned a little and gave a bit of a pained smile as she looked up to the younger girl’s face, “H-hey Rose.” She said, trying to keep the pain out of her strained voice, “Sorry for being so late. I kind of got held up with some intruders on my way here. Don’t worry, just a few scratches and I’m just a little tired. I’m okay.” She tried to play off her injuries but as she scanned Roes, she noticed that she had a bad cut from a sharp spine or knife and this worried her more than her own injuries,”You’re hurt! I have some bandages in my satchel tied to Starlight’s saddle. When the stubborn girl tried to get up, the still panting feather fury got up and used her large paws to push the girl back down and growled at her warningly and applying pressure but that made the girl gasp, shut her eyes and grit her teeth tightly as the pressure was almost enough to finish breaking those already cracked ribs. While normally, Starlight would never intentionally hurt her rider, she needed her stubborn partner to stay down and think about her more severe injuries so she was showing some tough love and making the girl hurt to get her point.

"This is nothing, I'll tell you when we get Alva to look at you." Rose says and she sighs "Starlight can you fly ahead to the clubhouse? I'll take Serenity with me on Midnight." she says and she crouches down, poking her sister's side lightly "And please don't be so stubborn sis, that'sy job."

"It would be fine if we weren't going to redo the entire roof at one point and if she wasn't doing that. Because seriously, using a welding torch on wood?" Victoria points out and she pats Spike before covering her ears and her dragon lets out a loud roar, Octavia had to stops, she was weakening their patchwork job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back