• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Httyd: Life after Berk (reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Alright, just know the offer still stands", she said after Rose had declined.

Overhearing the conversation about the repairs from the last storm, Octavia said: "Maybe my father can help with some repairs. We're really good at fixing things, metallic or not. Since you were so kind as to letting us live here, we can help with something". Then the other part sunk in and her eyes lit up. "You get snow here? Cool! Haven't seen some in years. Also thanks, though I'll have to search for the gold coins and truthfully I don't know if we even have some", she chuckled.

She looked at Rose saying goodbye to the other dragon and started laughing when the dragon licked her. Those creatures were truly fascinating, especially since they reminded her more and more of a mix between a cat and a dog. "Not at all on Berk, but that's because I just arrived today. I could without the L'ambassadeur in places I know better, though the ship's my home. I got all my books, materials, tools and what not on there as well as different things from all over the world. But back to answering your question, yes, I could if I needed to, but would much rather not", she finished. One of her most prised possessions are her books, since she had pretty much collected them from every place she had been to and lived a while longer. As an example, she had several medicine and basic medical procedure books in greek and several on roman architecture and technology in latin and of course the books her dad and her made together with their inventions.

Rose nods and she shares a glance with her father, who grins before nodding "Sorry in advance" she says when Midnight flies off and grabs Octavia from the ground "Not too fast Midnight" she says "She never met a dragon before" she adds and she laughs "You're really missing something by only flying in your ship and this is nothing compared to anything else, toss her up" she says. The Night Fury complies and tosses Octavia up before catching her "You might want to hold on though" she says.

Hiccup grins, he knows Toothless most likely took all the other dragons with him, but he knew, from the moment that Rose had fallen asleep with Midnight next to her as a young kid that the two would be inseparable "Perhaps with her people and dragons can live together again" he says when Astrid stops next to him "And yes, I gave her permission to do this, for old times sake" he adds earning a laugh.

Octavia was confused for a second when Rose apologised. "What fo-", she couldn't even finish her sentence before she wasn't standing on the ground anymore and instead was in the air. "Bloody hell this is high", she exclaimed, that being the first thing that popped in her head that was an actually comprehensible sentence. The initial shock wore off though when Rose continued to speak and as soon as she sat on the dragons back and holding on to Rose she said: "Both ways to travel are amazing in their own ways. You've missed something too by not having been on an airship before, but I gotta admit, this is really cool too. You're probably also a lot faster than l'ambassadeur, since the ship can't really go that fast", she said.

"Considering that Midnight is one of the fastest dragons around, yeah probably" Rose says "Hey Midnight, don't do anything too crazy" she says patting the dragon "Who needs an airship when you have dragons?" she asks looking at Octavia "And sometimes the dragons pull our ships when there's not enough wind heading the right way" she says. She didn't mind sailing as long as she had her best buddy with her, but flying was always going to be the best for her, a trait she got from her mother "Oh I know, how fast can you grab whatever you need for survival? Which doesn't include books and weird inventions we'd spend all our time trying to figure out" she asks, she could take Octavia with her, not that the girl would probably agree with it, but how else to learn their culture by trying to survive on an island with only the really necessary things?

„Okay I give you that one. Dragons are pretty cool“, she said after Rose told her what they did sometimes.

„Honestly, not fast. I‘m not really outdoorsy nor have I ever needed to live out in the wild“, she said. „Besides, I‘m more of an academic and learning by reading books while sitting inside all day kinda person“, Octavia stated. „Seriously though, the inventions aren’t that complicated. You‘d definitely get the hang of it“, she added after a short pause. She wasn’t a huge fan of the position she was currently in, being kind of kidnapped and all, but she supposed if she wanted to fit in and since at least Rose was so nice to let her join, she should probably go along with it. „Where exactly are you taking me though?“

"First you are going to grab clothes that are allowed to get dirty and whatever belongings you need that you can fit into... one large bag" Rose says "After that I'm taking you to my friends, we're on a different island and as fascinating as your ship is, it can't come" she says as Midnight gives a warning purr before making a nose dive towards the docks, pulling up when they get to the ship "And please, don't write stuff that unless it's in the book of dragons and that has pretty much everything we know about them".

"Eh..." Rose trails off and she looks at her father "Unfortunately I can't share whatever knowledge I might have" she says "The thing is... for the protection of the dragons, for the protection of my best friend, it's better everything goes undocumented" she finally explains "And why are you asking how Midnight's this tame? Are you suggesting she would hurt me simply because she's a dragon?" she asks.

Hiccup laughs at Rose her explanation and then her question "I'm the chief of the village, Hiccup Haddock, this is my daughter Rose" he says "Although she's right. We don't share our knowledge with outsiders, we've sworn to protect them"

Victoria grins "Well I'm terrible at making furniture. I never got much practice in" she says poking a chair with her dagger, frowing when it promptly falls apart "We could use new furniture though"

Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon AquaMarie AquaMarie
Gus lifted an eyebrow watching as the chair fell apart before their eyes "how can this woman build homes but not be able to put together a simple chair" he thought. "all right then, I'll take care of the furniture building." Gus said with a nod

Gus lifted an eyebrow watching as the chair fell apart before their eyes "how can this woman build homes but not be able to put together a simple chair" he thought. "all right then, I'll take care of the furniture building." Gus said with a nod
"Also, this furniture is I don't know how old, so..." Victoria says and she sighs "What do we do first? Get this building ready so we can live in it or find our preferred places on the island and start designing our home with the risk that we end up soaked if it rains?" she asks "Why isn't Rose here to make the decisions?" she asks.

"Also, this furniture is I don't know how old, so..." Victoria says and she sighs "What do we do first? Get this building ready so we can live in it or find our preferred places on the island and start designing our home with the risk that we end up soaked if it rains?" she asks "Why isn't Rose here to make the decisions?" she asks.
Gustaf unfolded his arms as his stoic expression turned to that of concern. "Woh woh Victoria....its alright...don't get over worked now..." He said trying his best to calm her down as he looked over to his sister with 'help' eyes.

Heidi stoped what she was doing and quickly came over to them "Victoria...hey it will be okay" she said gently placing her hand on her shoulder. "No need to worry we got this" sh said with a smile.

"Let's just fix this place first alright....we don't need to jump to starting up our own places right away...right Heidi" Gustaf said to which Heidi nodded. "This building is of top importance then the houses, this will be our main base, our meeting place..." Gustaf said "yes...the place of main meals, and medical care and a place we're we would come to if there is a large storm and its also the biggest building in which the dragons can come in with us.." Heidi added

"First you are going to grab clothes that are allowed to get dirty and whatever belongings you need that you can fit into... one large bag" Rose says "After that I'm taking you to my friends, we're on a different island and as fascinating as your ship is, it can't come" she says as Midnight gives a warning purr before making a nose dive towards the docks, pulling up when they get to the ship "And please, don't write stuff that unless it's in the book of dragons and that has pretty much everything we know about them".
"Alright. I'll be back in a bit", and with that she walked below deck. First, she told her dad that she was going to be with the teenagers for a bit and couldn't say for how long. Happy that his daughter made some friends, he agreed to let her go. Then she walked into her room, got one of her bigger bags, packed some clothes, some books, her tools and other necessities. Before leaving she got her goggles and put them on her head to not scare anyone looking at her. Then she walked above deck to Rose again. "Alright, I'm good. I think I got everything I need", she said, full of excitement for the adventure ahead and got onto Midnight behind Rose for her to take her to that island her and her friends were.

"Yeah you might want to fasten your bag to the saddle. Midnight isn't going to be that fast, but well, she's not known to be slow" Rose explains "I'd do it, if we weren't, actually..." she trails off and looks back up to the village before carefully standing up and when she's sure she has her balance she moves around Octavia to secure the extra bag.

Victoria sighs "Alright, so we fix the clubhouse, then the stables?" she asks, she's not sure how some dragons would fit in the huts though "When Rose comes back I need her opinion on something" she says and she removes another cobweb "Well at least it's not like old Berk here. That was like a ghost town"

"Yeah you might want to fasten your bag to the saddle. Midnight isn't going to be that fast, but well, she's not known to be slow" Rose explains "I'd do it, if we weren't, actually..." she trails off and looks back up to the village before carefully standing up and when she's sure she has her balance she moves around Octavia to secure the extra bag.

Victoria sighs "Alright, so we fix the clubhouse, then the stables?" she asks, she's not sure how some dragons would fit in the huts though "When Rose comes back I need her opinion on something" she says and she removes another cobweb "Well at least it's not like old Berk here. That was like a ghost town"

Gustaf nodded "sounds like a plan, we will fix the clubhouse and then the stables" He said in agreement. Heidi smile glad it got worked out as she went back to collecting and clearing out the club house building. Gustaf stated on moving the larger items out so they could have a clean start. "Old Berk was quite and abandoned it was scary" Heidi commented

Gustaf nodded "sounds like a plan, we will fix the clubhouse and then the stables" He said in agreement. Heidi smile glad it got worked out as she went back to collecting and clearing out the club house building. Gustaf stated on moving the larger items out so they could have a clean start. "Old Berk was quite and abandoned it was scary" Heidi commented
"Yeah, not to mention we nearly got killed minutes after being left alone" Victoria says and she looks at Spike, who appears to be sleeping, but he's keeping one eye open to keep an eye on his rider "But we can complain all we want, we got our dragons there and I swear, Spike's more protective then my parents"

"Be careful", she said when Rose had gotten up and started walking around on her dragon to help her with her bag. "Thanks a lot though", Octavia then said as soon as the girl had sat down again. "Is there anything else I should know, before we get to the island?"

"Manners will get you nothing except weird looks" Rose says "As you might've noticed we vikings aren't big on those" she explains, sure the marketplace was civilized, but only because the last time someone had dared to start a fight Stoick and Hiccup had stepped in to stop it, considering that the children were playing when the fight broke out and they were endangered "The chief, my father, is nice, but if anyone threatens his home you do not want to be in his way" he adds with a fond smile "And Toothless, the other black dragon you saw, don't touch his family, which includes mine, or he will burn you alive, probably" she adds.

Rose thinks for a while about anything else "Once I get a forge up and running on the island I want it to stay as clean as possible, also, you will need your own dragon sooner rather then later", she decides not to say too much about the others at Dragon's Edge since then they could make a typical first impression "And don't count on making it there for at least half a day, we don't want to lose the bags"

"Alright", she said. "Though I won't give up being polite. Besides I'm used to the weird looks and frankly, I don't really care about that". She had always gotten odd looks, no matter where she went and had learned early on to not be bothered by it. Besides, Rose was talking to her and that was already more interaction with others her age than in other places.

"Okay, so there are different kinds of dragons then?", she asked. Owning her own dragon would be amazing, though she doesn't think a dragon like Midnight would suit her too well. Maybe she could even build her own out of metal. That would definitely suit her, since then she could also incorporate her aesthetic as well. "I guess I'm ready to go", she finished.

Flame Demon Flame Demon

"There are tons of different dragons" Rose says "Midnight here is one of the last Night Furies, there are Deadly Nadders, Gronkles, Armorwings, Whispering Death, Screaming Death, these are just a few, each kind is unique with their own skills" she explains "I can answer question while we're flying, just don't expect answers to everything". She wasn't that knowledgeable, but she still knew a lot more then the average viking kid around, most didn't bother much besides what they needed to eat and what to do to make sure they didn't attack you "Oh if you like to tinker, maybe an Armorwing would be good for you, see they make their armor from metal, like a magnet" she suddenly says

She closely listened to what Rose had to say. All of it was really interesting, especially considering that a few minutes ago she hadn’t even known Dragons existed and now Rose was talking about getting her own. That Armorwing dragon idea sounded really good and she couldn’t wait to get her own now. They were truly remarkable creatures and understood the Chinese, who worshipped Dragons, really well now.

„On that island, is it just you or are there others too?“, she asked being genuinely curious about the whole situation, but wanting to change the topic for a bit as to not only fixating on dragons. She will get her chance to study them in time, Octavia figured.

"Three others" Rose says "Also, whatever you need to know about dragons can be found in the book of dragons, which I packed by the way, so no need to write stuff down" she says. If others knew dragons were tamable then hell would break loose, no, they had to protect them, at all cost.

Though she guessed that Octavia, if she would be anything like Victoria in that regard, would want to write down everything and that would be bad. Well she could just get someone to figure it out if this new girl was going to write stuff down.

"Okay, I promise I won't write down anything about dragons", she said. Even though she writes her diary in different languages to keep them up and the others can't read them, she still thinks it's only fair if she uses some kind of code only for her to understand. After all, she had promised not to write anything about dragons.

"Hold on", she said after Rose had told her they had a book of dragons. "You have a book, with information about every dragon, written in a language everyone here understands, guarded by a group of teenagers, where it can be stolen, probably even easier than my notebook, yet I shouldn't write anything down? It's a bit controversial, don't you think?", she then said. "But if you want to, I can create a code for it, as well as a safe you can get to with a key or a really complicated puzzle you spend hours to figure out. Then it would be definitely safe from everyone".

"I took it with me because we might find undocumented dragons, also consideribg that just about everyone believe they're extint. Do you really think that they would open it and try to find out?" Rose asks "And it's just us on Berk who know where they live" she adds. Did this girl think she was stupid "And by the way, Vi has it and if anyone dares to touch her books they better run because she will demonatrate how well she can use that axe of hers" she says before she remembers "And do you even know how to read our runes?" "Also I don't know where you're from, but putting it in a safe with a puzzle or only one key won't work, if someone breaks in they'll know it's valuable and if they have enough men then they can bring it with them"

Dragons were becoming rarer and rarer, there were the extremely wild and agressive ones sure, but Toothless had taken most with him, Old Berk and New Berk had dragons. There were dragons where they were headed, but other species are hidden away were unseen by everyone. "They left well before my mom and dad got married, so even if someone finds it, they won't find any dragons".

AquaMarie AquaMarie Hiuly of Starmoon Hiuly of Starmoon

Last edited:
“Everyone who’s at least a bit curious would open it, even if they didn’t know that dragons exist, though they’d probably think it’s just some made up thing”, she said, ultimately agreeing with Rose and to try to avoid further argumentation. “So, I see it’s in good hands”, she then said after Rose had said Vi had it. She didn’t know who she was, but knew she’d probably meet her as soon as she arrived on that island.

“Of course I can read your runes”, she lied. She supposed she could ask for the book and then try to understand them like solving a puzzle. She had gotten the hang of Arabic, granted she went to school and her friend there helped her a bit with teaching her, but runes couldn’t be that difficult, could they? “Okay good to know that not everyone can stumble upon dragons by accident”, she then said to change the subject back to the dragons, hoping the other girl hadn’t noticed her lie.

"Right and who have you met to teach them to you?" Rose asks glancing backwards but Midnight has to make a dive and Rose looks ahead to see a ship "Shit" she says "Midnight, around it" she says "And stay out of arrow range" she adds, Midnight moves up and away from the ship. "They're not aiming for the wings" she mumbles and her eyes widen "Octavia hold on" she says "Midnight, as fast as you can without losing the bags, now!" she says so the Night Fury shoots off and Rose looks back at the ship as it becomes smaller and smaller "Alright, detour" she says, she was not going to lead those guys to Dragon's Edge.

When she thinks it's safe to stop for a bit she has Midnight land on a sea stack before taking her spyglass and scanning the area "Dammit!" she says getting off and sitting down "Well we're not going anyway until I'm sure they aren't following us" she says leaning her head back "Or we should probably wait until it's dark" she mumbles.

"Language just comes easy for me. I usually pick it up fairly easy, especially if I already speak it", she said. "Besides how hard can it be to learn runes", she stated. Then she noticed that something was wrong. There was a ship firing at them or more at the dragon and she couldn't see much, because when Rose told her to hold on, she immediately complied and the ship was out of sight again. Though she couldn't get that ship out of her mind. It had seemed oddly familiar, as if she'd seen it somewhere before, though it's been a while and she couldn't quite put her finger on it, so she kept quiet for now.

She got off the dragon and let Rose concentrate for a bit. Then she took out her watch and said: "I've only known you for about an hour, an hour and a half and I can already tell there's no dull moment with you around". Then she snapped the watch shut and put it back into the hidden pocket in her dress. "Alright, so we're probably going to stay here for a while. Anything I can do or help you with?", Octavia asked.

"Yeah, not to mention we nearly got killed minutes after being left alone" Victoria says and she looks at Spike, who appears to be sleeping, but he's keeping one eye open to keep an eye on his rider "But we can complain all we want, we got our dragons there and I swear, Spike's more protective then my parents"
"Well yes...it might have been more then we could handle at the momment..." He said rubbing the back of his head knowing it was his fault they all almost got killed. "But hey we made it!" He chuckled.

"Sometimes I think they think we are like little hatchling to them...or at least Bubbles act like that sometimes..." Heidi added

Users who are viewing this thread

Back