Advice/Help HTTYD Canon divergence rp, but canon can be scribbled over with red pen

ScatheAriiasqDrayceon

Just cause I read worse don't mean it ain't cursed
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
First time in the advice forum, I think. Hello, name's Flame, I've been consumed by the HTTYD rp brainrot, and have no idea if this is a good idea, or not, and before I go through the effort of making a Interest Check for it, I want a second opinion.

The basics is a small group (4-6-ish players), and we replace basically the entire cast of Berk with OCs and side-characters for the story (canon characters make me uncomfy), and it starts beat-for-beat (dragons shot down and all) like the HTTYD 1 intro, but with OCs n stuff. The divergence rate will be player-controlled, and probably have votes over how fast it'll happen. OC-limit at 2 pairs to start that slowly grows as they progress. Aside from the very beginning (like... the first 20 minutes of the movie style beginning), canon plot will be put into a blender and chucked out the window. Though, there'd likely be a pretty heavy focus on the line between the character's old and new lives, because I'm a sucker for that.

I'm thinking that players making small tweaks to existing dragons (lookin' at you, Lightfury) for subspecies would be an interesting thing to add.

Literacy rate: Semi-to-literate.

So... yeah. I don't know if this would be an interesting concept, or not, and ways to improve it would be greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back