• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [hp] arcanum maxima 🗲

Sugarnaut

a nightmare to you specifically
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
AjxXycc.png

• On May 2nd, 1998, the Second Wizarding War reached its conclusion when He Who Should Not Be Named or as the world came to accept saying, Voldemort, put the final nail in his own coffin. His precious killing curse rebound and put an end to what had been several life times of pain and torment for the masses. Whether they knew it, muggle and non. The magical community had all but crumbled in the aftermath of it all. If it were not for Young Potter and so many of his allies and even some former enemies, our world might be where it is today. A seemingly peaceful oasis in what was once a war zone. We cannot forget what it took to get us here. Hogwarts and the rest of the magical community came together and the remainder of great minds put themselves together to come up with a solution. A true path forward.

On August 23rd, 1999, the Wizarding World announced the opening of Hogwarts University. A place that would allow students involved in the war to be resorted into one of the four houses and continue their education. A way to heal and move on while also trying to make something of themselves following such devastation. Something the world desperately needed. Over time, the University opened its doors to Muggles and former Death Eaters in the form of a program called Accepting Muggles and Exonerating Nixed Death-Eaters, A.M.E.N.D for short. The University worked with the new Ministry of Magic to offer an alternative to Azkaban for those who did not necessarily belong or deserved a shot at redemption. Not all would be allowed to keep their attachment to magic. Following an incident in November of the following year, the program was amended for those who were deemed too high of a risk. They were to be stripped of their connection to magic and allowed to attend but their studies would become centered on Muggle Studies and the like.

Not all wounds were healed contrary to the beliefs of many; time heals all wounds. Purist rhetoric still runs deep in the minds of many, prejudice and belief that the world might have been better off had the Dark Lord won following close behind. Muggles aren't excused from this either as many still harbor resentment to say the least when it comes to everything that happened. They may not have had concrete proof of magic, but the wool was no longer over their eyes so to speak. Tension remained high for quite some time. Many were not prepared for change of this magnitude nor the effect the war had on magic in general. Some witches and wizards weren't being discovered until later in their life, and some with latent magical talent being awoken. Adjustments had to be made.

Fast forward; the year is now 2023. The University has grown in both size and renown. Our story focuses on a new group of those accepted. Some familiar faces to one another and others, some who were not awakened until recently. Times have changed but some things are still the same. There have been whispers amongst the student population about a new darkness rising. Some may even be of the belief their time has come while others are against it. Only time and our dedicated roleplayers will decide!

Last edited:
Just when I was about to post my own hp idea, here you come along from the RpN Gods!! Noting my interest here and will get to everything else tomorrow after work.

[ Looking for more Ravenclaws and AMEND Students !]

Bump for fun.
I might be a little MIA for the next few days

Here's what we've got as of right now!~
3 Gryffindor​
5 Hufflepuff /1 Teacher​
1 Teacher Ravenclaw​
4 Slytherin​
2 AMENDs​

listen, babe, I'm so tempted to make both a raven law and a Slytherin

Bump!

I need to send out some discord links~
Im just a wee bit of a buzy bee right now

I think I've gotten accepted character down on the list!
A lovely group of characters so far 👀
If I've accidentally missed you in sending the discord link, please let me know!

Sugarnaut Sugarnaut
Quick question: are Muggle-Born's allowed? Also would her being Muggle-Born and a Seer work or should I make her a Half-Blood?

Last edited:

A hot little copy paste from the discord~​

Just so you can have a sneak peek into what we've got going on.​

Ahem, so with most people here I wanted to welcome everyone to Arcanum Maxima! Thanks for being interested and putting in an application. I noticed a few people have started and even completed their CS so I thought it would be good to start some "serious" talks with "deadlines". Of course, if you can't make the important "CS Deadline" just dm me or Liz about it and we'll give you a few days extra. This goes for every/any deadline really, just keep us in the loop!​
Dormitory Assignment: June 7th​
Dorm assignments are randomized based on what house your character is in. These are co-ed and each room has a special feature. If you have specific rooms with [NPC]s, you can create the NPC yourself within the realm of their theming. Literally, it's free range and a cute way to add flavor to your character's living experience at Hogwarts.​
RPN Note: Your character will be randomly placed in a room even after the initial dorm assignments is drawn!~​
Initial Character Sheet Deadline: June 12th​
Simply just when mods are going to update the cheat sheet based on your CS in the thread. Bullet points are completely acceptable. As long as there's enough info to fill out the cheat sheet, you're golden.​
First Chapter Vote: June 18th​
Voting for what first skip we're doing! We'll have 3 options to vote from~​
Relationships Deadline: June 19th​
Just a little push for plotting. In ⁠#┆°〔👯♂〕relationships , set up three initial relationships with other player's characters. It can be any dynamic: friends, enemies, rivals, exes, etc. If you have an idea but not sure which character could fulfill it, drop a ISO in ⁠#╰─〔💡〕plot-requests !~​
In Character Thread Opens: June 24th​
Chapter One begins!​

The ball is rolling. Don't be shy to apply!​

Definitely interested! Do you still need Ravenclaws?
Omg hi, yeah we'd love some moreeee♡
Doesn't need to be just Ravenclaws though. Whatever you'd like, we'd love you to join no matter what.

I have a OC, Procyon Sheerfor. Pureblood wizard from a broom making family. Eccelor brooms. An ace flyer and specializes in charms. He's a ravenclaw. I'd like to snag the seer spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back