• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

Her wings limped, spread open as she's speechless again. Her hands curled into fists on her lap. Her once narrow eyes widened as big as Sasha's as she let out a small gasp, unable to believe what the witch just told her. Their home is dying? All because no one wants to help?! What is with these kingdoms?! Why is it that no one wants to help!? One would think with what she read in the newspaper that every kingdom will support the others when they need it. Obviously, she is naive to believe that as she didn't pay attention to politics, but...come on, where's their humanity?!

"...Bloody %$#@....That's just messed up..." Renee muttered, rubbing her arm as her wings fluttered. If Madam Suliman believes that they need military strength then...she fears that the other kingdoms will try to take over their kingdom, which is a no-go. She likes Princess Mia as she is fair and true ruler...

But as a friend, she still wants their feelings to be mutual.

The dragon though....How does Madam Suliman believe that's a good idea? What happens if the baby dragon doesn't want to listen to her and fight against them? That would make it worse...

'This is another risk I'm going to have to take.'
Renee thought, her eyes glowing in determination.

"Okay...I'll do my best to bring an egg here too...I don't know how you plan to use it against the other kingdoms or how to handle it once it hatches, but if it'll help Mia then...You have my word on trying to bring one here." She sighed again, now wishing that James braided her hair as she needs the comfort. Cuddling with Seifer is good too, in case her brother is busy with something...

"I'm guessing you want this to be kept as a secret from my family and friends too, right?" Renee asked.

Zer0 Zer0

- Trinity Spire -
" One week Ago "

"Naturally." said Madam Suliman. "They may not understand, I am glad you do, though. I have something to lend you." She drew out an ordinary looking coin purse from her pocket. "This is an enchanted bag. It can hold as many items equivalent to the weight of a bull, yet still remain light. The only thing that would give it away would be the sound if it jangles in your pocket. Hide the dragon egg here, assuming it doesn't weigh as much as a bull."

She gave it to Renee. "It doesn't work on living things, though, except for plants. Use it well."

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee nodded, frowning sadly as she accepted the coin purse and put it in her pocket. Oh yea, she's going to ask James to braid her hair while cuddling with Seifer. Screw their weird tense atmosphere; She needs all the comfort she can get for this. If they ever ask her, all she will say in the most heart-wrenching tone ever is: 'I swore to not tell. I'm sorry'

"Okay...I will." The winged teen muttered as her wings wilted. This is not going to be fun. At least her family and friends will know that she is hiding something and it's important enough for her to not change her mind as she usually would with her other 'secrets'. Renee just hopes that they understand for once...

Well...She can use the purse to store herbs away for the Storm wall expedition, in case anything happens. Same with carrying an alchemist's kit to create potions and the likes.

"Anything else you would like to tell me, Madam Suliman? If not, I'll take my leave..."

Zer0 Zer0

- Trinity Spire -
" One week Ago "

There was nothing else Madam Suliman wanted, and bade Renee good-bye. It was probably around the tenth step she took away from the sorceress, but Renee would suddenly feel as though she walked out of a thin veil. Looking back, she'd see that Madam Suliman was gone. She had cast an illusion spell over them as they talked.

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee looked back as soon she felt that thin veil feeling, realizing that she has hidden them. She wondered...what would her father and mother will say for doing this? 'Dad would probably tell me I just signed my soul to the devil and Mom would scold me before walking up to Madam Suliman and talk with her.' She sighed as she continued to walk, her wings limp and lifeless while her eyes dulled. Oh the consequences of bringing a dragon here...

It's just not a wise move on the Madam's part, but she can see where she's coming from. 'Maybe there's a way to avoid all of that...hopefully...' Renee wished that would be true. Once she saw James, her eyes were veiled over with her fringes and she weakly tugged his sleeve.

"James...can you braid my hair?" She asked quietly, her wings didn't move at all. Her pocket felt heavy despite the coin purse being light.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

James who was taking a break after successfully bribing Sparks to breathe chain lightning for him, took one look at his sister then became concerned. "Yeah, come sit here." he patted a bench.

"You feeling alright, Renee?" he asked as he ran his fingers through Renee's hair, combing it. He smelled of smoke and burned clothes again.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Renee plopped down on the bench and closed her eyes as she took a deep breathe. Then she coughed from the burnt smell coming from her brother, her eyes wide before reaching a conclusion of her own and sighed.

'Sparks' training...' She thought, closing her eyes again as she felt the light tugs while he combed her hair with his fingers. "...No...and I can't even tell you or anyone else why." James could practically hear her tone drowning in conflicting emotions. It's like she wants to tell him, but he would know that if she promised then she won't say a thing. She's unfortunately stubborn even to herself.

"...Training with Sparks again?" She asked.

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

"Mm-hmm." confirmed James. He was very curious as to what this was and wondered if it had something to do with Seifer, but experience has showed him that if his sister made a serious promise to keep quiet, she'll see it through.

"Bribed him to breathe lightning with some shrimp, Renee. Though he attacked me instead of the training dummy, still, I'm happy we had an improvement. I swear he's like Seifer sometimes how he always wants to have things his way." he began carefully tugging her hair into clumps.

There was a sound of elastic as James removed the blue hair-tie he was still borrowing from Serena up until now. His hair had grown longer. If only he didn't have a broad back and carried himself delicately, he could pass as a girl from behind if he wore his robes.

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee was really amused with the comparison. Sparks is like Seifer, huh? Her lips twitched up as a small grin wanted to appear on her face. She wondered what would happen if she tried to talk with Sparks like how she talks with Seifer. Would the summons calm down or become more annoyed?

When she heard the elastic, she opened her eyes to look at her brother and blinked.

His hair grew...

"...James, do you need a hair-cut?" She asked, tilting her head a bit.

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

"Not sure? I want to ask Lydia first if she likes my hair long." said James pulling at the strands. He smiled at his sister. "We went out." the way he said it, it was as if he had just won the Nobel prize for something and couldn't wait to share his joy.

Katsuya Katsuya

She raised her eyebrow as a small grin appeared. Her wings fluttered for a second.

Oh yea...her brother's happy. That's good. "Congratulations, big brother. Nothing bad happened right?" The fact that he wants to ask Lydia about his hair first is something new since he doesn't really care much about appearances and yet...

Renee hopes her brother will stay this happy.

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

"Apart from Luthien creating portals that shook the ground and overturned our horse carriage? No. Ah --- no, there was something else." and James told Renee about the ravens. "And what's more, Bertrand will be coming with us to the Storm Wall. We're going to keep our guard up until we know what to do with him."

Katsuya Katsuya

Her small grin disappeared, groaning quietly as she covered her face with her hands. Oh great-! The creepy warlock is coming with them! That's just great...Wonderful. More bad things happening. Why?!

"...-sighs-...Okay...I'm going out with Seifer...and we talked about his heart condition." She muttered as she rather not talk about Master Bertrand and his creepy methods. Renee shuddered at the thought of him finding out about her secret deal with Madam Suliman.

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

James' hands paused as he began looping Renee's hair, then resumed somewhat very carefully. "I see . . . " he said neutrally. "Going out. With him. What's it like?"

Katsuya Katsuya

She peeked over her shoulder to see his expression, wondering what James is thinking right now. Her wings fluttered lightly. "It's...different."

"...He...he's sweet and patient. He respects my boundaries and listens to me. He told me that he believes in me and considers my opinions just like I consider his. It's...absolutely wonderful, James." Her cheeks were turning red as she muttered quietly.

"Seifer said I'm beautiful and he couldn't believe how lucky he is. Even told me that he would've slapped his old self for hurting me. Said I'm his dream girl." That's when she smiled that special smile that she only showed to Seifer, her wings fluttering.

"James, he makes me feel like I'm wanted. Like I'm special...and...Heheh...It's so weird, but it's so wonderful."

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

James wondered if they were still talking about the same person. That twat? Really? Maybe that was the dragon speaking because he never looked at his sister like she was his dream girl before. Only looked at her like she was annoying and hurt her.

". . . That's nice." he said in the same neutral voice. Then again his sister didn't sound like she's lying. She couldn't fake that kind of happy face. So what she was down about had nothing to do with him. He looped the fifth braid on her hair. "So . . . he apologized to you properly for all the things he did?"

Katsuya Katsuya

She nodded, sighing. "Yea...for everything. All on his own. He even encouraged me to punch his face if he did anything like that again." Renee chuckled.

"Can you believe it? He offered a free punch to the face instead of just teaching me how to dance to repay me for hurting me."

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

"I can believe it . . ." said James hesitantly. More like he could believe that a little. "So, what do you want with him? Are you just curious about having a boyfriend?" he looped the final braid and tied it with the blue hair tie. "There, done." he leaned to check out the way it looked from the side. "Is it tight?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee's face turned as red as a cherry while her cheeks were a darker shade, knowing that her answer would probably tick James off. She stuttered in her fluster, her wings flapping clumsily. "N-no, it's perfect. Thank you."

"Uhh...well...I- um.....No...I'm not curious." She gulped. "I...I want to have a huge family with him and support each other."

She covered her cheeks as she can already feel her embarrassment for saying it to her brother, of all people! She was mentally screaming. "I know it's too early to think that, but-! I just-...Eep!...." Renee looked at her brother nervously, wondering what he is thinking now after hearing that from her.

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

"You're serious with him?" blurted James, all self-control gone. "Family? You mean with-with children? . . . " he was dumbfounded. How did it jump to that, what did she see in that guy? And what's more, he's got a piece of the dragon's soul in him and they may not be able to save him from that.

"S-so," he gesticulated frantically, " I mean --- we need to talk. The entire family. And if we save mom and dad, you and Seifer need to talk with them."

Katsuya Katsuya

Yep, there it is. She was wondering why he didn't react to her dating him. This is more like James. "Yea...with kids, like how Mom and Dad did it." Renee admitted, tugging lightly on the braid as her blush turned redder.

"I know...Don't worry...I already talk with Seifer about it. You know his heart condition...and we know and agreed of what will happen if we can't save him..." She muttered quietly, devastated that it might come to pass, but she looked at James with a set frown. Determined.

"If he doesn't make it, I'm not going to regret being with him." She's serious about this. "If he does make it, he intends to do things on his end first and he wanted to tell you about us after you, Seth, and Sen calmed down. So...yea..." Renee told him what Seifer told her, even the suggestions he made to avoid the deathknight transformation happening. She didn't tell him about the engagement he's in though.

"It's why I was visiting him so many times. I was checking on his soul room. Even made notes on it."

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

"Alright, so you weren't fooling around in his room, huh?" said James watching her expression. That guy sleeping with his sister was where he drew the line. No guy, unless he's proven himself worthy and better than him, the twins, and their father combined, can sleep with his sister, and right now Seifer was just ten percent worthy. "Could you lend me the notes about his soul later?"

Katsuya Katsuya

"..........James, no. You Pervert. Why was that your first question to ask? Really?" Renee deadpanned, her wings puffed up, but she didn't act on her frustrations. What is with her brother? Geez..."I told Seifer I wasn't ready for that and he is letting me take my time. You pervert."

Taking a deep breathe to calm down, she responded. "Yes, I can. I'll even sketch the soul room too to help with the visuals...don't be surprised if you see my theories in there though."

Zer0 Zer0

- James Pendragon -
" One week Ago "

"Alright." said James standing up and gave Renee the key to the atelier. "I'm heading back to train. And I'm not a pervert, I just can't help asking that when Seifer's involved. You know what he's like."

Katsuya Katsuya

"It's because I know how Seifer is really like is why I'm defending him." Renee responded back, taking the key from her brother. "And you are a pervert if that's the first thing you thought of. Besides..." She muttered quietly, blushing.

"He...kind of fits your list for a brother in law...." The winged teen reminded him of that conversation way back when as they were riding on his horse together. Her wings fluttered.

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back