• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

- Johnny Caprice -
" Johnny's Mind Theatre? "

"Do you think he's going to like me, m-mom?" said Johnny a little insecure. Maybe he could tell her. " . . . My father doesn't like me very much, but it's not his fault, because I'm stubborn and willful . . . is that okay?"

Aria pondered for a bit, one of her ears going up and down before she answered to Johnny. "Want to know something?" She leaned in a bit with a small mischievous smile as if she was about to tell a big secret. "My husband is stubborn too. Heheheh! Too stubborn, probably worse then your friend, Renee. So believe me when I say 'you are fine the way you are, my son.' "

"
Now about that foolish father of yours..." The older fawn frowned a bit as she waved her hand at the mirror. The images of his friends swirled into another image; it was Melody, her sister and the aunt he has met before, talking with a very familiar person of his life who looked like he didn't want to talk with her at all. "He has already met my sister and husband before the dragon has reached up in the north...because of a certain letter Echo has sent to Melody. Something about...marriage arrangements?" The older red head shook her head, amused at the memory. Her sister was just ... too much sometimes.

"Honestly that man might be more open minded compared to your mother, but he is still living in the past traditions. It's a miracle that Melody could even talk with him when she arrived to Winslow. More so without my husband bending someone's back over his knee." The scene changed again to show the invasion the north suffered and Johnny can see Melody running away while carrying someone on her back and kicking a shade away as she hopped on the rocky and snowy cliffs with ease. The person she was carrying was his dad who got injured. At the top of the cliff is where his sisters and mother is with the guild member leading them to safety. There were also a few older women and children that looked similar to Aria and Melody with different shades of red hair and fur; looking worried as one of them grabbed the man to pull him up.

"He is doing fine now, son. Perhaps you should go and have a talk with him again when you have the chance to." Aria advised, her green eyes softened up when she saw his sisters helping her family as well as they continued to escape the dragon's dark shades.

Zer0 Zer0

- Johnny Caprice -

Johnny gave Aria a big smile. He felt teary all of a sudden. He had always wanted his mother to say that and now his mother-in-law said that to him. It felt reaffirming, like it was okay to be himself.

"Echo told auntie about that?" said Johnny, whose first time it was hearing this. After she showed him what had happened that time, he became eager for what his family said. "I'll talk to him again. Do they accept Echo now?" he looked like he was pleading.

It would mean the whole world to him if they gave their blessings to Echo and him. He hoped that during their escape they saw how strong the reindeer satyrs were. There were many of them and Johnny felt warm, looking forward to meeting all of them and knowing their names.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Seth Pendragon -
" Atelier "

"Then the plan won't work . . ." said James, thinking. He told them about the preparations for subduing the evil egg and turning it into a tree. If Rhea's there, she's a hostage, and it might kill her. Alarmed, he realized something. "Serena, Seth, our plans, did they force you to tell them?"

"Sorry." said Seth. "The deathknight Lust went in my head and that egg thing looked into my memories. Me and Serena were sent here to kill Lydia and you Renee because of that." the twin looked relieved. It was a good thing they didn't succeed, though it almost cost them Johnny's life.

"Okay, we have to tell Kenren and Chenglei this. Serena, did --- did you see our parents? Are they still alive?" said James looking unsure.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Aria smiled again. "Like I said: talk with your father. I don't know if the man would feel differently." She looks just excited as Johnny.

"I do hope so-! It would be wonderful if my husband had a buddy to lean on other then Melody." Aria wasn't going to ruin Johnny's surprise once he talk with his father. "All I do know is that they miss you...a lot."

Serena looked so sad when James asked them about their memories and nodded in relief when Seth mentioned about their mission failing. Then she said, "Actually...he seemed afraid when he looked into my memories. The evil egg found out about the seal that can bound his soul and the reason why I found out Rhea in the first place is because of that. Him, finding out about the seal...he seemed really scared of it and started to...talk with Rhea about it?" Serena guessed that last part. She didn't know about topic they were talking about because Lust took over...

"...Yes, I have. They...they are petrified, statues that's around the evil egg too...." Serena said. "I don't know if they are alive...but I'm guessing yes."

Zer0 Zer0

- Johnny Caprice -

"They do?" said Johnny, brightening up. He looked like he was going to try tears of joy. " I miss them too. Alright, I've been afraid to talk to them again, but I'll talk to them with Echo! Will you watch over us too, mom?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Seth Pendragon -
" Atelier "

"Alright, let's go tell Chenglei and Kenren." said James. He had already heard about what happened to Sen and how he was being forced to work on the tower, that was probably how they got the portal open faster than foreseen. He thought of Johnny and wondered if maybe he should stay and Renee could go, after all she was the one with the Aqua Curare spell.

"Or, wait, I don't want to leave Johnny without a healer. Renee, how about you go with them and I stay with him? Renee? What's wrong, you've been quiet all this time." he placed a hand on her shoulder. "You alright?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Aria laughed warmly as she ruffled Johnny's hair playfully. "Of course I will, Son. Of course!" The older fawn patted his head afterwards. "Now go on! A certain someone misses you too. - Oh! Wait before you go-" She leaned in to peck his forehead briefly and he would feel a bit of warmth there.

"There! Now you can go back."
She said happily.

-----------------------------------------------

Renee snapped out of her thoughts when James touched her shoulder, blinking rapidly. "Oh-? Um...Y-yea, I'm alright...just thinking about som-.....I-I don't mind staying with Johnny. You can go with them, James..." She didn't want to bring that idea up. It'll just confuse everyone even more if she says it during planning. Besides James is better at planning then she will ever be.

"Go on! Just tell me the plan when you guys come back, okay?...Oh! and knock the door!" She mentioned.

Zer0 Zer0

- Johnny Caprice -

Johnny smiled at her, touching his forehead. She must be where Echo got her kindness from. "Thanks, mom!" he said more naturally this time, as though he'd been saying it for ages. "Ah, can I ask you two things? Echo said she remembers you from me saying Echo Mello, do you know anything about that? And also, do you want me to say something to her from you?"

- Seth Pendragon -
" Kenren's Chambers "

"Okay then." said James. "Will you tell Lydia to come too? She may want to adjust her plans as well when we reach the tower. "Rhea and our parents . . . as much as possible I don't want it to turn into a hostage situation. I'm sure the rest of the troops don't want to sacrifice the world for our family, but I don't want to lose our family either."

Seth agreed. He wasn't going to tell anyone, but Sen comes first before anything. Whatever anyone says, he's getting his twin back.

With that they were off to Kenren's room where the lights were off and guards stood by. It seemed Kenren was already sleeping. The guards affirmed that, but seeing that it was urgent, knocked on the door for them, announcing their arrival.

"Three minutes." said the prince's sleepy voice from inside.

In his chambers, Kenren was feeling annoyed that Chenglei's sleep was being disturbed. He decided not to wake his love up. But this is bad, if they came in and saw the swordsman on his own bed and dressed the way he was so casually, they're going to realize a thing or two. Or maybe they've realized it already? Anyway, he disentangled himself from his love's embrace as slowly as he could, donned a robe and closed the bedroom door behind him.

"Enter." he said, turning on the arcane lamps in his office.

Katsuya Katsuya

Aria's ear twitched up and down in thought about Johnny's questions. "Hmm...it might be because I called her Echo Mello when I was alive. It just rolls of the tongue, don't you think?" She giggled, bringing her hands together in a single gleeful clap. "I placed a spell for her to not remember until she was ready in here." She pointed at Johnny's chest where his heart is. "I suppose my spell was unable to hold on anymore the closer you were to the blue gems. You know...the gems that helped your group with your Ascensions. The magic around the area is a lot stronger then my old spell so I'm not surprised that she was remembered me calling her 'Echo Mello'."

Her green eyes softened up when she thought of what to say to her daughter once he returned to the living. "Hmm...Tell her I love her so much, remember my last song she heard me sing, and...that her love of fluffy sheep hadn't changed a bit." That last part sounded more teasing then anything, especially when her smile was mischievous. "She'll know what I mean. Heheheh!"

Zer0 Zer0

Renee agreed and nodded. Her wings fluttered. "Right...I trust you, Seth, and Lydia with the plans then." With that she left the Atelier and headed straight to Johnny's old room where she knew Echo is at and possibly Lydia too since James asked her. Her thoughts swam around with her old theories of her little sister carrying the Orient's Manna tree seed once more as she reached the room. With a quiet sigh, she walked in and blinked when she saw Seifer in the room as well.

"...Evening everyone." The Pendragon sister greeted quietly before her orange eyes aimed at Lydia with a set line on her lips. "Lydia, can you go to Kenren's office? Serena mentioned something about my little sister and she with my brothers are going over there. Plans may change for it."

Echo looked at Renee with a concerned frown, her ears folding back. "Plans can change? But wha-"

"Yea...It's because we believe the evil egg might use our family as a hostage..." It's obvious that Renee wanted to avoid that too. She looked serious with the whole topic. The fawn narrowed her eyes. "Then...why are you here?"

"...I told James that I'll watch over Johnny while he helps with the planning. I trust him..." Renee mumbled as her wings fluttered as she came in and held onto Seifer's hand; squeezing a bit.

Meanwhile Serena followed James and Seth to Kenren's office and listened to the Pendragon brothers telling the guards that it's urgent before knocking on the door. She heard Kenren's voice and raised an eyebrow at the undertones she picked up. While she doubted the boys could hear it, but the blonde heard his annoyance. Then again they just woke him up, so he could just enjoy his sleep when he can? But then...she would have heard that every time he woke up while camping...so...?

Then at his word, the guards opened the door and let them in to talk.

In the prince's chambers, Chenglei quietly groaned when Kenren moved away from his embrace, frowning as he patted the bed, searching for the warm and comforting body. When the door closed, he blearily fluttered his eyes open and snuggled into the warm covers. Ash purple eyes looked over to where the door should be, listening in to the conversation.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
Once again Lydia raised her gaze as Renee entered and she nodded slightly as her eyes shifted up to Johnny for a moment, "evening," she said softly as her hands clasped on her lap and she looked down at them, though it was only a brief glance as Renee then said her name and drew her attention once more. Her brow furrowed slightly, but she gave a nod and rose from her seat, glancing back to Johnny and then Echo before back to Renee.

Lydia didn't say anything as she moved on to the door and out, heading towards Kenren's quarters and only now realizing as she was walking that she hadn't even removed her armor. She closed her eyes a moment and shook her head, smoothing down some of the matted strands of her hair that had come a little loose from her bun and pausing to look at her reflection in a flower urn, smearing away any smudges on her face before she continued on her way. It wasn't much, but it was the best she could do for the time being.

When she arrived at Kenren's door, she smiled meekly at the guards, "I was told to meet the Pendragon brothers and Serena here," after they announced her and let her in she looked to the others with a somewhat tired and worried looking face.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

- Johnny Caprice -
" Johnny's Room "

"Compared to how everyone else is doing, Echo? I am fit as a fiddle." chuckled Seifer to the fawn. He had some bandages on him, but no serious injuries. He took a seat by the bed and just looked at Johnny, he was one of the few people who were friendly with him.

When Renee came talking about a change in plans, he too was curious, only to be alarmed that it had something to do with her family being taken hostage. How is her family so entwined in this war? "Shouldn't you be there too, Renee? It is your parents and your siblings. Me and Echo can look after Johnny, just tell me what to do."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Seth Pendragon -
" Kenren's Chambers "

Meanwhile, Lydia would find the group seated around the prince's lounging area, with a pot of tea and the usual oriental sweets and snacks on the coffee table. They were in serious conversation, and looking at a map Seth was drawing; James noticed her worried and tired expression, and immediately walked over to her.

"We may have a hostage situation when we get to the tower, Rhea's with the evil egg itself, and our parents are petrified in stone around it," he gestured at Seth, " Echo's dad is there too with Sen being forced to labor on the tower. Seth's drawing a map of the place right now."

Then with a softer look he rubbed her shoulder. "You look tired." he said in a quiet voice only the two of them could hear. "Can I do something for you, Lydia, you look like you haven't eaten dinner yet." he could see she hadn't even taken a bath yet.

Meanwhile, the group at the table were busy making plans. Kenren knew the gist of how Lydia's forces were going to maneuver around the egg, but it had been planned with Renee's old memory that the egg was hanging suspended around an ancient city, not in a manna lake. The nets they were going to have Echo cover it with was made of manna, and he was asking if the lake would cause manna burns on the net and interfere with their magic because of an excess surge of power.

It was slowly looking like perhaps they should just destroy the egg with all these new complications with the netting and the fact that Rhea is inside the lake itself. The prince, though they didn't like to hear it, made his point calmly that if he were to make a choice, he would have the egg destroyed as soon as he got the chance even if Rhea and James' and Renee's parents get caught in the cross-fire.

It seemed the problem if they want to save them, is how to get them out. A potion could be made to cure the stone petrification, then someone has to carry Mr. and Mrs. Pendragon out of there. But it was likely that when they arrived, there would be foes ready to destroy them if the heroes came any further. It seemed that, what was needed was a couple of people to go back in there and assess the situation, probably even to stay and once the opportunity arrives, quickly un-petrify the two, grab them, and then get out quickly.

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
The color of Lydia's irises was somewhat dull as she watched James approach almost like she was seeing him but unsure if he was actually there, she glanced to Seth as he gestured and nodded her head, her voice soft as she responded, "I wouldn't have expected anything else... it's likely that all of our missing family members are somewhere near the egg... a last resort to get us to bend to its will," her eyes glanced down at her hands where she held them in front of her.

Her gaze drifted to the floor in front of her, raising just slightly towards the table where Seth sat drawing his map and paused there somewhat vacantly, "Johnny could've died and it would have been my fault... none of us is more important than the other... if he had died saving me... I would have had to live with that for the rest of my life," she shook her head and closed her eyes, her hands raising to cover her face as her voice wavered, but she didn't start crying again, instead she turned to James and grabbed the collar of his clothing with both of her hands, looking at him earnestly, a set crease between her brows, "please promise me James... if you can save me, but it will cost you your own life, please... don't. I don't want to live knowing that you died because of me, it would be hard enough just moving on without you."

Zer0 Zer0

Echo smiled. "So I see." It's nice that Seifer cared about Johnny too.

Renee shook her head at Seifer's question, her wings fluttering. "Thank you, Sweetheart but I told James I'll look after Johnny while the meeting is taking place." After closing the door behind her, the Pendragon sister walked closer to Johnny and checked on his progress, summoning Mica just in case. "It's fine though. I trust James and Seth with saving our family...I mean...they told me that they'll do their hardest on saving them and I believe that."

Ever since James, Lydia, and Seifer told her to rest more often, Renee began to ease her bullheadedness. Letting go of the metaphorical rein that helped her speak up towards those who have power and offering it to anyone who wants to be heard. She trusts her family and friends’ decisions and supports them.

Once she made sure Johnny was okay, Renee stood next to Seifer's chair with her arms crossed, worries painted on her face. Mica curled next Johnny's other hand, his head on top as if to wish him well. "How are you doing, Echo?" Renee asked.

"...Better. I'm doing better..." Echo mumbled, ears folding back as she looked at the pair. "What about you?"

"...My head's everywhere and I can't think straight." Renee admitted, making Echo snort in amusement. "This is new. Normally you have a plan set and just bulldozed it through or something. What brought this on?" Her best friend isn't the type to lay there and wait like she is doing right now. The fawn is half expecting her to march in Kenren's office right now.

"...I don't know." Rhea. Rhea is on her mind and Renee doesn't know what to do anymore. What with her constantly worrying about her ever since the idea of Rhea having the Manna tree seed and now being inside of a pool filled with Manna...

"...I guess...I'm just tired of thinking and want to concentrate what's in front of me first."

---------------------------------------------------------

Serena looked over to the door when it opened and Lydia came in. She gave a solemn nod at the witch before looking back at the map Seth is making. The blonde violinist isn't much of a map maker but she does remember what's next to what; she told Seth which place or room goes next to another.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- Kenren's Chambers -

James was surprised at the suddenness of Lydia's request, but he didn't answer, he looked like he couldn't, and that already betrayed what his answer would be. He searched long into her eyes.

"Johnny being hurt is not your fault, Lydia, it's his. You didn't make him protect you, he chose to use that moment in time to protect you because he cares about you." he said quietly, bending so that they were eye to eye. "There's not a single person in this room who thinks it's your fault, just you, because you seem to believe you're not worth it. If not because your friends love you, at least understand that you can't die because we need you to seal Valdanr and the Nameless One's son away. You're . . . important to me, and when it comes right down to it . . ."

James rubbed his neck looking annoyed for some reason. "Why is it not okay for me to love you? You do things for me, why can't I do things for you? . . . " he looked to the side, frowning at an urn. "I know you think you'd be doing me a favor, Lydia, but what about you? Why is it okay for you to be in the sidelines, sacrificing while we're happy over here and you're there . . . alone." he emphasized with his hands. "And dead."

"So, no, not happening. And I will haunt you if you keep saying it's your fault, when it's my choice. My choice, and no one's fault." he rounded on her obstinately, still in that low voice only she could hear. "I know you're going to be sad, I know you're going to cry, but when it happens, can't that act be seen as . . ." he couldn't say it. James sighed, it was the same as doing it out of love for her and that was what he didn't want her to do. " . . ."

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

- Johnny Caprice -
" Johnny's Room "

Johnny's hand closed around Echo's. "Yes it does . . ." he mumbled. "I will mom . . ."

His eyes, partially covered by rolls of bandages around his head, opened slowly. He winced, then his gaze unfocused; Seifer had gone silent watching him, then the archer grinned. "Johnny! You're awake!" he said, relieved. "How many fingers am I holding up?" he made a V-sign.

"Four?"

"Close enough!"

"Echo?" Johnny's head turned ever so slowly to look at her. "I met your mom. She called you Echo Mello too, said it easily rolled off the tongue." he smiled. "She's nice, and she teases. She loves you so much, and asked to remember the last song you heard her sing, and that your love of fluffy sheep hadn't changed a bit." he became curious at that. "I didn't know you liked fluffy sheep since you were younger."

Katsuya Katsuya

'...That's not close enough!' Renee thought as she took a deep breathe and sighed in relief; trying to not laugh at the silliness. Then she checked on him again to make sure everything is alright.

Echo's ears perked up when she felt Johnny close around her hand and she smiled wide. Her tail wiggled in her glee. She chuckled at the answer Johnny gave to Seifer before pulling her chair closer then ever in her excitement. Then she payed close attention when he called her; Mica was nuzzling his other hand to help with the healing process. "Yes, Johnny?"

As she listened, Echo's eyes widened when he mentioned her mother. At first she thought that Johnny might just be dreaming it in his head and played along...until he mentioned about the fluffy sheep part. Her whole face turned red as her ears folded back in embarrassment. "I-I...Um...I-I-I see...Well yes, ever since I was younger, I always had this sheep plush with me until I lost it one day..."

Renee paused in her findings when she heard Echo stuttering and looked up to see her red face, her eyes narrowed suspiciously. Why was she turning red? It's just a sheep plush, nothing wrong with that and her mother said that her love for sheep never changed so..What was she talking about? Renee didn't even know that and Echo never mentioned it before...unless there was more to that story.

Her orange eyes looked over at Johnny, pondering before they lit up in an idea and she started to laugh. Her wings fluttering in mirth.

"Oh! I see what she means-"

"Yea, Renee. She meant my love for fluffy sheep." Echo responded, looking back at her with a stare that screamed 'Shush!' Renee just grinned.

"Your mom sounds fun, Echo."

Zer0 Zer0

Serena's nod had been returned in much the same way it was given before her attention had turned to James.

Lydia relaxed her grip at James' silence, though she did not release his collar and only allowed him to search her eyes for a brief moment before she tilted her head down. She stayed like that, listening to him until he shifted his position so that he could see eye-to-eye with her. Her grip on his collar loosened further, sliding down the fabric as her fingers twitched slightly and her lower lip was drawn between her teeth as she bit it gently while she listened, her gaze shifting from James' eyes and away uncomfortably, like she wanted to look at him because she knew he was serious but she was afraid at the same time.

She looked at him more steadily as he questioned her with slight annoyance, her brow furrowing as she shook her head, "of course it's okay for you to love me! I know you love me!" Her hands moved from his clothing to his face, cupping it as she looked at him intently, "I'd rather you do a million little things for me than one big thing that makes it so I never see you again!"

Her gaze once more dropped as she moved her hands from his face when he turned to look at the urn. She didn't really have any sort of argument she could present because James was right. Maybe she spent too much time thinking about others and ignoring the fact that they also thought about her. She considered how they would feel if she did die, and the possibility that if something happened to her, they might not be able to seal Valdanr as they had planned to because of how intricate the seal was.

Her cheeks puffed up slightly as he ended his short speech and she mumbled just as softly in a voice that was equally as stubborn, "stop saying it like it's definitely going to happen."

Zer0 Zer0

- Kenren's Chambers -

"Same here! I also want to see you again. " he looked at her earnestly. "And how can we see each other if the other is dead? How about we both live and grow old together?"

When she mumbled those words a vein popped on James temple and his eyes narrowed indignantly, but he seemed to be biting back his retort. He looked away and just grumpily frowned at the urn again. " . . . "

Whatever internal dialogue he was having with himself seemed to be winding down his grumpiness, because his furrowed brows loosened and his shoulders eased up. He huffed, then looked back at Lydia. " . . . "

He didn't speak for a while. "I don't plan to die." he said determinedly. "I'll always come back to you, Lydia, just like that time I put elbow over elbow, crawling all the way back to camp. Here." he showed her his tattooed hand that was glowing blue, as light as firefly glow. "Can I have your hand? I'll put an arcane tracker on us, that way, if we get separated, we'll find each other."

- Johnny Caprice -
" Johnny's Room "

"She is, Renee! She told me to call her mom. And that's sad you lost your sheep plush, Echo, those are the best next to fluffy hens. I can be your sheep plush." said Johnny, who still seemed a little out of it, and absently made bleating sounds while nuzzling her hand.

Katsuya Katsuya

Echo's eyes widened looking like a deer in headlights, her ears perked up high and even her reindeer tail poof-ed from the shock of that sentence; her face is entirely red as her hair, bright and rich in color even with her tan complexion. She only looked away from Johnny when she heard Renee coughing her laughter into Seifer's shoulder, muffling it. She is going to get back at Renee one of these days-! She swears she will-!

"...Thank you, love. That's awfully sweet of you." Echo replied quietly, smiling at the dazed and bleating Johnny, leaning in to rub her nose on his lightly. Her heart pounded at the thought of her mother giving Johnny a blessing, to even let him call her mom...It's wonderful...The fawn sighed happily before slowly getting up, gently squeezing his hand.

"Thristy, love? I can get you something-"

"No, Echo." Renee cut in, smiling wide, her purple cheeks flushed red, and wings fluttering. "I'll get something for Johnny here. You stay and make sure he doesn't move." With a meaningful squeeze on Seifer's shoulder as if saying she'll come back, the winged medi-witch walked out of the room and went to the kitchen to grab something to eat and drink. "Soup would be good..." She thought out loud as she heated up the dish in mind. It's rather funny how they were accepting to the whole idea of Johnny meeting with Echo's mom. Funnier still-

"Echo's mom has such a funny way of saying: Not surprised that you date a guy with sheep features. Heheheh!" Renee giggled to herself as she stirred the pot.

Zer0 Zer0

Nodding her agreement, Lydia's hands found a piece of her robe and her fingers twiddled around it slightly as she looked down at it, though her gaze drifted back to James as he went silent once again, her brow furrowing as she saw that he was once more frowning and she bit her lower lip. Her eyes wandered over his face some, though they didn't remain, glancing away periodically almost as though she didn't want him to catch her watching him.

Another nod was given as he said that he didn't plan to die and she flinched slightly as he reminded her of how he almost did die but had made it back. When he offered his hand she looked at it before looking at him with a concerned expression, hesitating a moment until he offered his explanation. A small smile quirked her lips slightly before she gave a faint nod and place her hand in his, "will... will it be like... Renee and Seifer's thread?" Her thoughts had wandered to the other couple and how they had been linked in James' soul room and could always find each other through that link.

Zer0 Zer0

- Kenren's Chambers -

"I --- I don't think so?" said James, ears suddenly turning red, as he gently took Lydia's hand. "They got that after they --- made love, so . . ." he looked into her eyes, looked away blushing, then looked into her hand busily, as his other hand glowed, " . . . probably not, but you'll know my general direction." he paused for a moment, wondering what to write on her hand, then drew what was either a striped sock or the striped head of a worm in glowing blue lines, much like the ones his wand made whenever he drew spell circles.

- Johnny Caprice -
" Johnny's Room "

Still bleating, Johnny smiled when Echo rubbed noses with him; it still hurt his back whenever he moved his arm too much, so he squeezed her hand saying, "I want to poke your cheek. You look funny every time you're flustered like this, Echo, you're like a tomato." he laughed, closing his eyes. He didn't let go of her hand and mumbled to Renee as she left, "Can I have roasted butternut, squash, garlic, and apple soup?"

Seifer wondered if he should leave the two alone in the room, but then, if something happened, Johnny would need someone to stay and someone to call the doctors, so he told Echo he'd just be outside, and left with Renee. He had patted her back when she laughed into his shoulder, and was amused too. "Echo liking sheep, it feels like they were meant to be, or something along those lines." he said to Renee before she left.

He waited for her to come back, and would help her carry the food tray inside.

Meanwhile, Johnny was still enjoying Echo's hand. He seemed sleepy again, but didn't look like he wanted to fall asleep. "Echo, when I saw your mom I thought I had died. You know what I realized? That one can die just like that without ever fulfilling one's dreams or having one last talk with friends, so one should live life to the fullest in the present."

He rubbed her hand, deep in thought. "So, Echo, you should know that I'm really glad you're my friend and love." he smiled.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Lydia watched James hopefully for a moment, though as he continued her eyes widened and her own cheeks turned crimson before she averted her gaze, "o-oh!" She met his gaze when he looked into her eyes and also looked away again just as quickly, gently clearing her throat and giving a nod once James continued speaking.

Her gaze slowly drifted back as he began to draw on her hand and she tilted her head slightly as she looked at what he had drawn, smiling slightly. She didn't want to ask him what it was because she was afraid it might upset him that she didn't know so she just guessed that it was a sock.

Zer0 Zer0

Echo looked up when Seifer left the room with her ears perked. She thought he was going to tease her and Johnny about it...perhaps his view on them has changed after all if he's not going to tease them like before. Then the fawn looked back at her love and listened, nodding in agreement. It's a scary thought, to lose someone like that again; she didn't want to believe that Johnny was close to death but...he was. It's a terrifying feeling, to know that anybody can die that quickly.

Echo smiled back at Johnny, endeared by his words as she leaned in again to lightly place her forehead on his. She squeezed his hand gently. "I'm glad that you're my friend and love too..."

"It does, doesn't it?" Was Renee's response to Seifer before leaving to the kitchen.

She started roasting the butternut, prepared the squash, and garlic while the apple soup heated from the fire. When that's done and she plated each one, the winged teen carried the tray that has Johnny's food and smiled gratefully when Seifer took it off her hands. She leaned up to kiss his cheek and nuzzled his arm before opening the room for him and closing the door behind them.

"Johnny, here's what you asked for." Renee announced as she looked at Echo who leaned back up and gave the pair a friendly smile. "Thank you, Renee. Seifer." The fawn said as she silently asked for the food tray from Seifer with open palms.

Zer0 Zer0

- Kenren's Chambers -

After James finished drawing the sock, he held her hand for a moment, warmth growing between their palms before he put up his hand and the same striped sock now glowed on it. "There." he smiled. "All you need to do , Lydia, is think of me with your heart, and you'll know where I am."

Lydia could feel it like a presence, as though seeing someone with your heart or seeing someone through the eyes of one's soul, that was strong if one put all of one's attention to it, and weak if one thought of other things.

Meanwhile, Kenren was looking at the two, wondering what was taking them so long. Seth had finished drawing the map, erasing and correcting the parts Serena remembered better. The prince had noticed that it seemed to have something to do with something personal between Lydia and James, so he let them be, and told Serena and Seth of his suggestions on how to proceed with rescuing their family and defeating their foes.

After much deliberation, it was decided that there would be two groups, one was to go infiltrate the tower tonight, and when the battle started tomorrow, it will be up to their discretion when to rescue their family, Lykon, and Lydia's brother if they could find him. Now all that's left to do was to decide who was going.

Despite Seth's trepidation of returning to that place, he had to agree that no one knew the place better than him and Serena. Now they only needed one more person who could pull Rhea out of the lake quick as could be when they moved in. They thought of Echo and Seifer. Seifer could cast his spell to make Echo bigger and she could reach and snatch Rhea out and then go back to her normal size, and then make their escape.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Katsuya Katsuya

- Johnny Caprice -
" Johnny's Room "

Johnny kissed Echo's nose and lips cheerfully. "Love you." he rubbed foreheads with her.

Seifer kissed the top of Renee's head, smiling, then handed the tray to Echo. He stepped back and let the two have their moment, Johnny happily saying, "Ahh." to the fawn as he too told Renee and Seifer thank you for being his friends. The archer, unused to this guy affection just chuckled at him and nodded.

Katsuya Katsuya

During their discussions, Serena worried about something other then Seth and her going back to that place and that is- "Can Echo and Seifer even sneak in or are they going to wait outside to get a signal from inside?" She understood that Seifer can sneak around if he really put his mind into it but Echo? The same Echo who makes corny dad jokes and has very obvious movements with her hooves? She even had to study on what sort of pranks she can do-!

The blonde is just worried about mistakes and she didn't know if the fawn could sneak in and out of a place as easily as Seth and her. After all...they didn't want to make a mistake and they need to plan carefully.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Zer0 Zer0

"Love you too." Echo said, blushing from the kisses and kissed his nose and lips too. Then she held onto the tray as she grabbed the spoon and fed Johnny, letting him know to say "Ah~" before giving him a spoonful of food.

Renee's wings fluttered happily from Seifer's head kiss to Johnny's affections. "Thank you for being our friend too." Is her face turning pink? She can feel the rising heat in her cheeks. She leaned a bit closer to Seifer and held his hand again, squeezing it meaningfully.

Zer0 Zer0

A more steady smile appeared on Lydia's face as James held her hand and she watched their conjoined hands as the warmth spread, looking at the matching design on their hands before looking at James and nodding before leaping at him and tossing her arms around his neck, "I'm sorry, James," she closed her eyes and buried her face against his neck. She took his words to heart and would just do her best to look out for herself so she wouldn't have to worry about anyone else getting hurt like Johnny.

After she separated from James, she focused her heart on him to test out the mark, smiling warmly as she felt his presence. She had nearly forgotten about the whole purpose of her coming to Kenren's chambers, but feeling somewhat better and definitely more assured, she collected James' hand and headed for the table to join the others.

The decision that they came to made the most sense to her given the changes that they had to make to their plan. Once they had dealt with the enemy army, she supposed that they could even offer a distraction for those that were going to be infiltrating that night when it came time to seal the egg so that its attention would be focused elsewhere but they might not need to. Lydia only hoped that all of their missing family members were safe and that the only goal had been to use them as hostages.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

- Kenren's Chambers -

James bracingly hugged Lydia tight. The mood changed so quickly it surprised him, and he wondered if she was still truly worried. "It's alright, I'm sorry too for getting mad . . . Do you feel better?" He said in a softer voice, pressing her head closer, as he pecked her cheek. He hugged her long. "We'll be alright. We and our friends will be there helping each other out. And if you want to be worried or if you just want someone to listen I can do that."

He thought that perhaps Lydia wouldn't be fine until the battle is over, or if he said he wouldn't die for her, but he decided that no was his answer. Maybe she wouldn't be at ease because of that until everything is done, but he wanted to do something to give her a more hopeful outlook anyway, so he hugged her tight.

When they parted, he held her hand and didn't let go as the meeting went on. It took time, but in the end they sorted it out and once those who were going ahead to free the hostages were prepared, the group that was staying, wished them the best and all the luck in the world.

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back