• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

TR9-Concept-Art-Palace.jpg
- Master Warship -
" Victory! "

James looked relieved to see Serena alright, as he too hopped down on to Echo's palm. Hand tattoos glowing blue, he quickly surrounded the giant fawn in his arcane shields. "Later, Serena, unless it's something more urgent than this in the next ten minutes that I can do something about." he kneeled next to Johnny and started to help Renee heal him; Johnny was half-awake, yelling in pain.

His back had been horribly blackened by the flames that it looked like he may not be able to walk in the future. Flesh and bones had been melted and a burning stench wafted from him; most of his hair had been burned. They stabilized him as the war waged on, James telling Echo they can't tend to him here in the middle of all the fighting, so they transferred him to Kenren's warship.

There was no time to watch Renee heal him, they had to go back to the fight, James still needed to coordinate Chenglei's armies, Echo's strength was even more needed against the giants. He looked down to see if Lydia was alright, and was relieved she was okay. His best friend had saved the person he didn't want to lose most in the world and he will forever be in his debt.

The enemy fled before the alliance, fleeing into the fortified gates of the city as the last giant was felled. Seth turned back to normal and hugged Minnie tight. He wanted to go get his brother immediately, but Kenren told him to calm down and not go off on his own.

When he saw Serena was alright, he was very careful and sorry when he approached her. Apologizing so much that he cried for hurting her and that he was sorry he couldn't stop himself. He had killed many allies the past six weeks and it was all coming back to him. He thanked Lydia for saving his life and said he will never pull mean pranks on her again and that she has his blessings when she marries James and that she's welcome to the family. He hugged Minnie again and said thank you to her and was so glad that she applied to be the guild's secretary, then kissed her cheek. He never said it enough too, but he was really glad she was with them in the Jahara Empire too.

James was surprised when he got a hug from Seth too. It was awkward. They don't hug, but he patted his back all the same, glad his brother was alright. The eldest Pendragon hugged Minnie and Lydia too for saving his brother, telling Minnie she's also family, and that he never loved Lydia more than that moment she helped save Seth.

Johnny was out for the remainder of the battle. He was still in the operating room and the doctors and healers said it was going to take them around ten hours to finish.

The siege of Paroosia had now begun, and those who fought today were free to rest, as it was now the reserves' --- the battalions at the rear most of the army who didn't see as much battle as the front --- turn to fight tonight.

Last edited:
"Shhh~...I know it hurts, Johnny. I know..." Renee frowned sadly when Johnny yelled in pain, whispering to Mica to nuzzle gently as she helped too, unpacking the orange paste for burns; she didn't flinch from seeing the melted bones and flesh of Johnny's back. Already used to seeing this extreme type of wounds, the Pendragon sister's eyes looked to the side when James joined in and she smiled gratefully. She knew with his help, Johnny should be okay enough to be stable. Serena stuttered to James that they needed to talk soon because of what she remembers; it's something Renee, he, and Seth would want to know...badly. Echo looked on, worried and nervous as she placed Johnny and Renee on the airship, watching as they left inside with other healers. Her wrath showed itself in battle, impatience fueled her anger as she continued to fight besides James, Minnie, and anyone else who's capable of fighting in the war. Chenglei was grateful that James continued to help coordinate his troops and yelled in victory with his men as they watched the enemies retreat.

Minnie blankly stared at Seth when he said he wanted to look for Sen just for Kenren to tell him to wait, then she grabbed his arm tightly. Her lips quirked down in a frown as her eyes lit up. "We just got you back. You need to recover from your experience first. So go lie down and rest." The expression on her face betrayed her calm words; she wanted to go in and find Sen as quickly as possible too. She nodded when he thanked her, smiling a bit before blinking in shock when he kissed her cheek. The little gunner raised an eyebrow as she rubbed her kissed cheek. "...You're welcome..." She deadpanned.

When James hugged her, Minnie trembled in fear and gasped a bit, trying to resist on flinching away so he can hug her. "...Y-you-you're welcome..." She gulped, her face paled while she leaned away from his touch. "Plea-please don't take it the wrong way b-bu-but I-!" She wheezed as she got out of his hug and gave herself some space. "I can't hand-handl-handle touch. No touching....I-...I'm happy that w-we're f-family too." Renee gently patted her head in thanks after witnessing Minnie's fear reacting to James' hug and told her if she ever needed something, she's happy to help; which Minnie told her later on in the night in private. Renee also thanked Lydia by hugging her tightly, saying that she can't wait to see her in her wedding gown later on in their lives, and if she ever needed something from her, just ask without hesitation. "I'm serious, Lydia. Thank you for saving my little brother."

As Serena rested in a quiet room, recommended by Renee as the other wounded soldiers might trigger something or stress Seth and her out even more, she lifted her head up to see Seth carefully approach her. She froze in her bed as memories of what happened before flooded in her mind, panicked as she gripped on the blankets, twiddling them with her anxious fingers. When Seth apologized so much that he started crying, the violinist stared for a moment...before reaching out with a trembling hand to cup his cheek and wipe the tears away with her thumb. "...I-I'm sorry too..." She sobbed quietly. Then after crying and hesitating on something, Serena gently grabbed his hands to make him sit next to her on the bed and asked him quietly: "C-can...I-I play for y-you?...I-I want y-you to hear it..." Her azure blue eyes pleaded silently. "...Please?"

Echo hugged James tightly in thanks, saying that she owes him big time before running over to Johnny's side; sitting next to him and holding his hand as she watched Renee do her work with the other healers helping her out. "Johnny..." She muttered worryingly, her ears wilted down. Tears gathered on the corners of her eyes but she didn't let them fall. There's still a chance for Johnny to be alright. So the fawn just held his hand close to her forehead and prayed to her mother to watch over him, hoping that she is listening.

After Chenglei checked on everyone and finished doing his papers and war strategies on going in Paroosia's walls, the blonde walked into Kenren's room to relax; his golden scales shown under the lamp's soft glow of light. The door closed behind him. If Kenren wasn't in his room, the soldier would just plop himself on his bed and waited for him to come back, hugging a pillow close to his chest and snuggling his face in the softness.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- James Pendragon -
" Kenren's Masterwarship "

"Sorry!" said James immediately, putting his hands up. It surprised him to learn Minnie couldn't handle being touched. "Yeah, family. I didn't mean anything by that hug, I'm with Lydia." he jerked his head at the direction of his tiny but mighty lady.

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

- Seth Pendragon -
" Quiet Room "

Seth listened to Minnie, grinning when she deadpanned at him for kissing her cheek. Warmth emanated from the twin, as he too looked to Paroosia where his brother was. They were going to get him back.

After he had showed his affection to everyone who helped him, the memories of the allies he's killed, and Serena . . . hurting Serena . . . it came back to him and he had to go and make it right. When the violinist cupped his cheek and began to cry too it broke his heart. "Don't cry . . ." he said, unsure if the hands that hurt her were allowed to touch her, so he just patted her knee. He didn't like seeing Serena look so hurt. What was there to say though? They had done despicable things under the control of Lust, that deathknight!

Seth was so angry just thinking about that freak.

He looked at Serena as they cried quietly there. They were like on the same boat, and it just felt like no one could understand what Seth had gone through as much as her right now. He needed to talk about it to be feel better, but he didn't know when to start. So when Serena took his hands and asked her to listen, he nodded vigorously immediately. "Yes, of course. Anything." he added, wanting to comfort her.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Kenren Taisho -
" Kenren's Room "

Kenren came just a few minutes just after Chenglei entered his room, he looked like he rushed here and he looked so happy and proud. "You did it, Chenglei! That was fine tactics the way you --- are you alright?" he said, immediately crossing the room in quick long strides. He sat next to his love, running a hand softly through the swordsman's hair.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Minnie stared at James for a moment, taking in a shaky breathe before punching his arm lightly...with her metal fist. "...I'm not blind..."She said in a deadpan, her half-lidded eyes narrowed a bit as she silently judged him to be very silly for making assumptions. "...I like another Pendragon so...d-don't worry about me thinking you like me..." She grumbled, her pale cheeks flushed a light pink.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena sniffed before sighing in a bit of relief. Then she got off the bed, silently asking Seth to stay where he was as she conjured up her violet-blue crystal violin. Tweaking the strings, she readied her bow as she hummed a beat and started to play her lament.

The song she played sounded like a deep mix of emotions intertwining and flowing; regret of her actions in the past weeks, depressed that this happened at all, frustrated that someone did this to them...scared of getting hurt again, but there was a bit of a hopeful note in the middle, getting stronger and louder as if she's trying to encourage Seth to relax before it quieted down and she played a single tune...like it was for him and she was grabbing his hand, saying that she understands what he's going through...that he wasn't alone as the note slowly ended.

Then she started to hum a beat again, starting to play a more comforting song. It started out low but calm; warm like she was wrapping a blanket around him...or...

What Serena does not realize, as she played with her eyes closed, is that her violin is softly glowing in it's color, the hue melted from her violin to the floor, spreading to the walls of the room, creating an image of a field of flowers with a lake in the middle. Seth could see small hills and big mountains behind them with lush green forests and a soft wind was blowing...? Her music was creating a comforting space for Seth to breathe in and relax, encouraging him to be himself, and never be pinned down.

Even the bed has changed; turning into a wooden bench with a comforter and a pillow. The room didn't smell like blood or ashes; it smelled sweet and soft like the flowers were really in the room. The room felt warm too like the sun had kissed it.

It's like Serena was able to create illusions to comfort others, kindly taking into their stress and melt it away with her songs. "...You can say whatever you want to say, Seth." She muttered. "I'm all ears."

Zer0 Zer0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chenglei fluttered his eyes open before letting go of the pillow to wrap his arms around Kenren's waist, snuggling his face into his hip. "Now I am...when you're here, I feel bettah." He started to purr softly when he felt the prince's hand going through his hair, smiling a bit as the stress just melted away.

"Hmm...I'm happy tuh be back, Ken'en."

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Kenren Taisho -
" Kenren's Chenglei's Room "

"Welcome back." smilled Kenren, wondering why his love was looking for comfort instead of celebrating their victory. Perhaps it just had been so heavy today, but he wanted to make sure. " Did you get hurt anywhere, Chenglei?" said the prince, sitting on the bed and scooting right next him. His prosthetic hand travelled down, massaging his back, while the other rubbed his love's elbow.

- Seth Pendragon -
" Quiet Room "

"This is amazing, Serena, I feel better." said Seth in wonder. "Thanks, I didn't know you could do this." he stood up and looked around. "It smells like mom and dad's field of flowers in the alpine mountains."

The twin smiled, this was refreshing and soothing, like how Serena's music has always been. The illusion made it better. He looked at her, all comforting him with this, she's just like his sister, putting others first. He hummed to the music.

" When I first heard the flutter of your heart
I thought to myself, this is a wonderful start.
I knew that you would be great.
I knew that you would be strong.
But what I didn't know is that
everything would go wrong.
So much time has passed and now we have come to fear
a past we can't take back, hurts so near

Yet we won't be pinned down
We're not alone to face this fear
We'll spread our eagle wings and fly away from here.
You have so much to offer and so much to give,
thank you Serena, for helping me believe that pass this we can live."

Katsuya Katsuya

"Hm?" Chenglei shook his head slowly before sighing. "I am but it's okay. Nothing too bad...I guess I'm just stressed out, is all." The soldier closed his eyes as his purring got a bit louder from the massage. Johnny being hurt as he did got him to worry, finding out that the twin and Serena were the cause of some of the men disappearing and coming back to them, learning about something else from Serena just caused his mind to blow into pieces...

He sighed again, nuzzling his cheek onto Kenren's side.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first Serena wasn't going to open her eyes; she just concentrated on what Seth was saying in his poetry. Only to blink her eyes open in shock. She never has done this before...but, as her blue eyes looked over at Seth, she wasn't going to question it. If it helps Seth relax, then she wasn't going to question it.

"I didn't know I could this either....this is a first..." She said quietly before continue on playing, smiling a bit from what he said in his poem. "You're welcome, Seth...I'm glad that I can help."

Zer0 Zer0

After Lydia's hammer struck, she quickly raised it and prepared to bring it down again if she needed to, glad to see that the dark artifact had shattered from her hit but there wasn't a chance to determine if that had ended the effect that the object had on Seth because soon she was watching Minnie slap the sheep, her eyes widening slightly as the beard sprouted from his chin. She still held her hammer up just in case, but only watched the interaction between the little gunner and the Pendragon twin, the look that came over the sheep as he was hugged and the confused bleats that erupted from him letting Lydia know that he was okay so with a brief smile, she spun on her heels and dashed off in the direction that she had seen Johnny fall.

There was no enemy that could block her path in that moment because she was not going to be deterred, swinging her hammer somewhat haphazardly as she fought her way to where she thought Johnny had landed and when she finally came upon him as he was screaming and being aided by Renee and James, Lydia's hammer fell to the ground and her hands both moved to cover her mouth, her eyes began to water and soft choked gasps started to slip from her. She had done this. Because she hadn't been careful enough, because she had let her confidence get the best of her, Johnny had sacrificed his own safety to protect her and now he was on the ground writhing in pain from his terrible burns.

"O-oh... Johnny..." she gasped in sorrow, "I-I-I... I'm... I'm so sorry..." she looked to the fawn, shaking her head in horror, her eyes growing red and her cheeks wet, "I-I-I'm so sorry!!"

She felt like she was frozen in place, the guilt holding her there and she could only watch and not help as the two Pendragons took care of their friend. When James came to check on her after helping as much as he could with Johnny, she was overcome with shame, her face still streaked with tears, "I-I-I'm so sorry James! H-he.. he was protecting me, I wasn't careful enough!"

Any assurances that James offered her to assuage her guilt weren't taken entirely to heart, but it was enough to at least calm her down and remind her that she couldn't wallow in these feelings. She had to make sure that Johnny would never regret his choice and in order to do that she had to pull herself together and get back out into the field. She took to the battle once again with a renewed vehemence, each strike she took on an enemy being seen as a blow to Valdanr. That nasty and evil dragon was in her sights, he was the one that had struck down a selfless Johnny as he was aiding her and anything that would harm that awful creature was something that she would use to the utmost. Her only thoughts were that she was coming for him and she'd make him pay for everything he'd done, he wouldn't catch her so off-guard again.

Lydia was melancholy from then on, glad that they had beaten the enemy army back behind the gates of Paroosia, but still dissatisfied with her own inadequacy especially since they would need Johnny if their plan for the egg were to succeed. She did her best to accept the thanks that was given her for helping Seth as graciously as possible, blushing brightly and gazing at the floor when there was talk of her and James getting married. It was a strange thing for her because while she in her heart and mind envisioned a life with him, actually discussing it was embarrassing and how Seth and Renee so openly accepted her as their future sister-in-law made her happy but didn't lessen the embarrassment any. She simply stood there silently and nodded when Renee insisted that if she need anything to just ask, laughing slightly when Seth promised not to pull mean pranks on her anymore, and feeling a little less down when James expressed his feelings, happy that she could take part in saving someone that was so important to him and looking at eventually saving Sen as a way to redemption for her causing Johnny to become injured.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

- Kenren Taisho -
" Kenren's Chenglei's Room "

"Well then, you can rest here until you feel better." said Kenren, bending down to kiss Chenglei's cheek. He resumed his massage, gently kneading his shoulders, as he watched him breathe. He loosened the swordsman's belt, armor, and clothes ("Won't go to the moon." the prince reassured him), then removed their shoes and socks. Kenren then massaged those feet and hands that had been running and fighting all day.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Seth Pendragon -
" Quiet Room "

"You should rest too." said Seth, smiling. "I'll go sleep in my room. Night, Serena." he patted her shoulder amiably, then turned to leave.

Katsuya Katsuya

- James Pendragon -
" Atelier, Master warship"

"Valdanr burned him, not you." said James angrily to Lydia, glaring at the walls of Paroosia where the black dragon was seething for the dark army's loss today. He was so mad.

James was looking for something to blame for his best friend being this way, something to take his anger on, and he took it on their foes that day after Echo brought Johnny to the master warship. They were all angry, and the enemy felt it.

When he came back, he checked on Johnny with the others, and there he was lying on his bed in his old room in the heroes hall with Echo by his side holding his hand. It looked very bad, but he was stable, he just hadn't woken up yet.

After the show of affections for Serena and Seth's return, James silently placed an arm over the melancholic Lydia's shoulders and gave her a one-armed hug, sniffing her hair. "I don't know If you want to be alone, but if you want someone to listen, or if you want a hug, I'm here." he rubbed her shoulder. "I'll be in the atelier."

He wanted to help Renee with making the medicinal potions for Johnny, and learn it by heart. He opened the door to the familiar old room and saw that it had been cleaned and things had been arranged. This old smell was nostalgic to James. He knew he would be sleeping here and he put his things down feeling like he just came back home. He sent word for one of Kenren's servant to bring the rest of his belongings here, then took a bath and got to work.

Last edited:
Chenglei breathed out when Kenren kissed his cheek, his purring deepened in volume as his hands went to massage his shoulders. He chuckled quietly when Kenren reassured him that they won't go over the moon as he loosed his armor and clothes; The blonde wiggled his armor off along with his belt. Then he groaned from his feet being free from his shoes; leaving a nice achy feeling. His cheeks and ears dusted pink when Kenren massaged his feet and hands, flinching from the ticklish sensation from his feet.

"Y-Ya dun' need tuh do dat, Ken'en," Chenglei muttered before chuckling a bit and smiling wide. Then he leaned over to kiss his cheek. "but thank ya so much."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait Seth-" Serena called out, letting her violin disappear as it wasn't needed and grabbed his hand with the both of hers. "I-" She closed her mouth to ponder about something and tried again. "I wanted to let you know that it wasn't y-your fault...what Lust made you do...what it made us do." The blonde started before gulping down her nerves. Even though her hands wasn't shaky as before, she's still nervous about facing that deathknight again. Yea, there's no way she's not going to help; she wanted to get back at that deathknight but...it's still very scary since it was it's creepy hands that they were under it's control.

"We're going to take Sen back. Not just Sen, Rhea and your parents too." The blonde swore as she remembered to talk with the remaining Pendragon siblings about Rhea. The odd condition she's living in with the evil egg...The only one who knows what she knows is Chenglei and it seems that he got stressed out by the news. Probably from him worrying not just about his friend's health but the reserves going out to fight tonight too.

The violinist squeezed on his hand as she pulled it up close to her face, nuzzling his palm gently with her scarred cheek."If...If it's okay with you, c-can we talk more? A-about us?" She can feel her warm cheeks heating up from suggesting it. Serena is not going use her violin this time, not for this conversation.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Kenren Taisho -
" Kenren's Room "

"I want to. " said Kenren, smiling, as he closed his eyes and offered his cheek. He looked enamoured. "You're welcome, Chenglei."

Normally he'd jump him by now, but it had been a tiring day. "You just rest." He rubbed his cheek fondly, then continued to knead his limbs, back, then eventually his head, just talking, until Chenglei fell asleep.

Kenren took a bath, making sure his love's sword and battle gear were clean and sharp. He examined his armor to see if it needed repairs, then sent it to the smith to be returned tomorrow early. Then he snuggled with Chenglei under the covers, loving the coolness of the night and the warmth of his body.

- Seth Pendragon -
" Quiet Room "

"I know. You told me through your music." said Seth, squeezing her hand, smiling and just as determined. His breath caught up in his chest as his cheeks redenned when she nuzzled it.

"Eh? Right now?" he added, bewildered. His cheeks redenned some more as he thought a moment. "Alright."

He took a chair and sat in front of Serena, listening.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Serena cackled nervously before clearing her throat, her face is completely red as she stood there still holding his hand. "Okay...Um..." She twiddled with his fingers as she tries to come up with what she wants to say, lightly squeezing the fingertips and bending them a bit before letting go only to do it over again. "I think-...After this war...C-can we go o-out on a date?"

Then she rambled as her face changing into a darker hue of red. "I-I kind of figured since...we-well...Um...Heheh-heh..." She cleared her throat again. Her mind blanked out as she bit her bottom lip as she didn't know what she's trying to say anymore. "W-What do you think? A-anything you w-wan-want to try or see?" Serena knew she was gonna be flustered without her violin; her mentor knew that side of her all too well since he always made her flustered with his oddball tendencies with the pole dancing-! So she made sure to never show this side to any of her friends because she didn't know how they were going to think of her being this...ruffled? Can she even describe herself like that right now? She doesn't know anymore-!!

Her heart is pounding too hard and her throat is just really dry...She had an urge to get water or something.

Chenglei leaned into the hand that rubbed his cheek, looking like a pleased cat before melting into Kenren's hands. He's practically putty as he listened to the Prince's voice and mumbled back; whenever Kenren was close to his face, the blonde would lean in and kiss his forehead or cheek. Sometimes he nuzzled his neck to kiss his shoulders or on the scar lovingly. This. Is. Heaven. Goodness, just let him die now, or better yet, let time freeze at this very moment because this feels too good to be true and he wants to live in it for the rest of his days.

His mumbling words mushed together as his eyelids became heavy and before Kenren knows it; he fell asleep while mentioning about something silly. A memory of him being chased around by a mother duck all because he got too near to her hatchlings when Kenren and him were hiding long time ago. His golden scales molded back into soft skin when Kenren came back from the armory and as he snuggled in to sleep too; Chenglei rolled to the side and wrapped an arm around to pull him in closer while they snuggled in the cooling night. A subtle smile grew on his sleepy face.

Zer0 Zer0

Lydia only nodded at James exclamation, momentarily forgetting about her kerchief and wiping her teary eyes on the sleeve of her robe. He was right, Lydia didn't burn Johnny, but if Johnny hadn't have helped her, he might not have gotten burned at all. Like James, after they sent the enemy retreating, she timidly returned to check on Johnny. She was glad that he was okay, that he would survive, but it didn't make her feel much better knowing these things and she spoke very little after all of her apologies.

Again, Lydia would only nod as James told her that he was there if she needed him, taking a seat in the corner of Johnny's room and every now and then meekly asking Echo if she needed anything.

When Lydia came in to apologize, the fawn didn't say anything back as she prayed. When she came back in again, the witch will find her in the same position as before: holding Johnny's hand to her lips with her head down and ears wilted. Renee has already told her that Johnny will survive, he just needs rest. Boy, was she relieved but as the night went on, she didn't really move unless it was for a healer to check on Johnny or to eat something. Even then, she stayed close to the entertainer.

One of her ears perked up when she heard Lydia meekly asking her something before she sighed and nodded. "Yes...I would like it if you came closer instead of sitting in the corner of the room." Echo sat up straight as her green eyes peeked her shoulder to stare at the tiny witch. Resolution swam in her eyes with a steady frown, looking a bit older but keeping her head up in hope. "Come on, I'll even drag that chair for you...I'm pretty sure he rather you sit closer too." She turned her head back at the sleeping figure in bed with a small smile.

"Johnny, Lydia's here." Echo muttered warmly as her thumb rubbed gently on his hand as if she's comforting Johnny to wake up.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Zer0 Zer0

Lydia didn't move and stayed silent in the corner until Echo acknowledged her. She appeared hesitant as Echo asked her to come closer before hesitantly doing as she was asked, "a-are... you sure?" she asked in a whisper as she was half way to where Johnny and Echo were. She rubbed her arm slightly and shook her head, "n-no... you stay there...." she went back and collected the chair she had been sitting in, pulling it over to Johnny's bed, clearing her throat gently as Echo told him that she was there too. Her lip trembled slightly and her eyes were watery, no matter how she tried to get around it, she still felt bad, "h-hi... Johnny..."

"Yes. I'm pretty sure." was her response.

Echo listened to Lydia stuttering before sighing. Her ears folded back as she looked at the tiny witch again. "What's wrong, Lydia?" The fawn asked quietly, as she continued to rub her thumb on Johnny's hand.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

A shuddering breath slipped from Lydia as she nodded slightly, settling the chair before sitting in it and looking rather uncomfortable, perhaps sitting too upright, more so than she ought to be in the situation. Her hands were on either of her knees and she looked at the edge of the blanket that covered Johnny. When Echo asked her what was wrong, she flinched slightly, her jaw clenching as the soft click of a dry swallow could be heard coming from her throat. She was still wearing her armor from the battle, her face and clothing smudged from dirt and the residue of their enemies that had fallen.

She shook her head and spoke again in a whisper, "I just want him to be okay."

- Seth Pendragon -
" Quiet Room "

Seth's lip quirked into a smile, and then he started to snigger. "You are asking me out in advance?" He had no idea Serena liked him this much, but he sobered up immediately so that she wouldn't think he was making fun of her. "Yes, we can!" he said cheerfully. "I think I'll just sleep later."

He stood up too as Serena was still standing and just looked at her, seemingly back to his old self. "Wanna' hear all about our adventures in Jahara? We can swipe some popcorn from the kitchens and walk around the warship."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Johnny Caprice -
" ?? "

Johnny mumbled in his sleep. He seemed to be dreaming.

--- Johnny's Mind Theatre ---

His vision was blurry, everything was white and bright, but it didn't sting his eyes. Someone was bent over him . . . antlers and reindeer ears . . .

"Echo? Your antlers are all different . . ." Johnny shook his head, and as he blinked he realized he wasn't looking at Echo at all, but an older satyr who had her eyes.

Katsuya Katsuya

Echo stayed quiet for a moment, staring at Lydia as she pondered about something. "Lydia," She started, "Johnny will be okay...I know he will be." She gently placed her other hand over Lydia's and smiled warmly. Then she chuckled quietly. "He has a tendency to save others when it's dire. I'm...I'm not surprised that he saved you too." Then she heard Johnny mumbling in his sleep, so she placed a loving peck on his knuckle.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Zer0 Zer0

Serena hunched her shoulders a bit when she heard him snickering and asking the question. Then she nodded. This is so embarrassing!!! Then she perked up when he agreed and a shy smile bloomed on her beautiful reddened face. Then she giggled and squeezed his hand. "Yea! I would love to hear all about your adventures!" As her shoulders slumped, relaxed, the violinist followed to where Seth took her, never letting go of his hand in the meanwhile.

"Oh! I don't know if you already heard but do you want to hear our adventures in the Storm Wall?" She asked cheerfully, looking more like herself now.

Zer0 Zer0

"Oh! Well that might be because I'm not Echo Mello. I'm her mother." Said the satyr who look eerily similar to Echo.

Her flaming red hair is long and wavy, decorated with wooden beads and trinkets of gold and feathers braided in. She was wearing a Grecian toga with a Robin's egg blue sash over her shoulder and draped around her waist like it was a skirt. Just like Echo, her hoofed legs are fluffy and her ears are perked up with attention. Her antlers are big and graceful with the way they curved around her head as if it was a crown.

She was sitting on the cloudy-esqe ground besides Johnny, smiling in amusement. Her green eyes are a bit darker then Echo's too. "
My name is Aria. It's nice to finally meet you."

Zer0 Zer0

Lydia only nodded, her finger curling against her knees as Echo touched her hand and she continued to look at the blanket on Johnny's bed, glancing to him as he mumbled before she turned her eyes away again.

- Johnny Caprice -
" ?? "

There was a knock on the door, before Seifer came in. His eyes immediately went to Johnny. "Hey." he said somberly to the two. He closed the door and just stood there, looking at him.

The archer didn't have his usual noisy bravado. "How is he?"

--- Johnny's Mind Theatre ---

Johnny couldn't say he felt the same. He covered his face in his hands before she could see him cry, but it didn't stop him from crying in an high-pitched anguished whisper, "I'm dead. I'm dead, aren't I?" he took a deep shuddering breath, looking around.

He was in a misty place and his voice seemed to echo in here. Light seemed to be coming from everywhere, and there was something very peaceful about this place, but he didn't feel peaceful. His thoughts rushed to Echo. He missed her already. He wouldn't be able to see her again and hold her, not be able to have a family with her and it was this loss that made him sad.

What had happened? He was protecting Renee and Lydia and then . . . . he scrabbled at his back, only to see that there was no wound there. It felt normal.

He was dead and he couldn't go back. He wasn't able to tell James good-bye or go fulfill his dream of setting up his own theatre with Echo's brewery and garden.
"Lydia, and Renee, are-are they alright?"

- Seth Pendragon -
" Master Warship "

"Yeah!" said Seth in an obviously awed tone. "I only heard some of the stories a little, but I saw my sister's sketches and they were amazing! How did you meet the dragons, what was it like being in Leviathan's belly? How'd you take down the death knight, how did you end up stopping this evil servant guy from getting out and --- wait, you said Rhea!"

Katsuya Katsuya

Echo looked up to Seifer's voice and smiled at the archer, waving a hand for to come closer; an invitation. "He's fine. Sleeping and dreaming, it seems." She said quietly. "Marshmallow, Seifer's here too....How are you, Seifer?"

Aria watched this poor boy cry in his hands before asking and she sighed, her ears folded back in her worry. As she situated herself, the older fawn answered gently. "Lydia and Renee are doing well,"

She made a circle motion with her hand, palm down, as a pool of clouds swirled around and parted to reveal a mirror of sorts. On the mirror, reflected Lydia sitting next to Echo and Renee staying over in the medical wing, working with the other healers. He would see that the Pendragon sister had a distracted look on her face as she worked, sometimes looking over her shoulder to see if anybody is coming over to call for her or if there was any good news of sorts. She is completely worried about something.

"You saved them." Aria explained. "In return, Renee and James saved you..." She looked at the crying young man with horns. "Johnny, you're alive...you're not dead..."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Serena couldn't help but smile when he continued to ask so many questions until he mentioned Rhea. Her smile disappeared and she seemed worried. "Yea...We need to talk. You, James, and Renee. I...There's something you three need to know about Rhea."

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Johnny Caprice -
" Johnny's Mind Theatre? "

"But then, why am I here? Where am I?" he said, hopefully to Aria. His tears stopped flowing and he wiped them away with his sleeve. He looked at the mirrors, his body looked really bad, horrible and ugly, but Echo was there like it didn't matter and holding his hand; Lydia was there too, Seifer, and Renee. He felt a rush of affection for them, his friends, and truly felt like they were his family.

He smiled at Echo's mother.
"Oh, and, right you already know my name, er . . . how did you know who I was?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Seth Pendragon -
" Atelier "

"Okay." said Seth keeping the rest of his share of the popcorn in his pocket --- which didn't fit, it just bulged.

Later, in the atelier where James was making healing potions, he too was startled at the news of their sister and immediately asked Serena to tell him, Seth, and Renee everything she knew.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Aria smiled warmly. Her ears perked up again. "Ah yes. You are in the meeting place between the living and the...not so living. Heheh." She explained then her smile took a teasing grin. "I know your name because you are near and dear to my daughter."

She looked at the mirrors to see Echo talking with Seifer quietly, a proud look shown in her green eyes as she takes a deep breathe to talk with Johnny. "Echo asked me to watch over you with a prayer...and I wanted to get to know the boy who has my daughter's heart. So...here you are..."

Aria giggled.
"I'm sorry for scaring you. Twas not intentional."

--------------------------------------------

Serena nodded and answered Seth's questions before the Rhea one.

Later in the Atelier, when James and Renee jumped on Serena to tell more of their little sister, the violinist leaned back a bit. "Rhea is fine...sort of." She started. "She's at Paroosia as well and -get this- inside of a large, huge, MASSIVE pool of Manna where the evil egg is in too. I don't know why she's in there or why that ..." Serena shuddered at that thought. "That egg wanted to talk with her, but...it's talking with her...like it wants to know something constantly."

Renee knew something was up with Rhea. Ever since hearing about a little girl possibly having a Manna tree seed with her, she wondered if her little sister was this little girl. So to hear that she's alive and inside a pool of Manna with the Evil egg is just...alarming.

"..." She just didn't know what to say.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Johnny Caprice -
" Johnny's Mind Theatre? "

"Oh, I-it's alright, Mrs. Muses." said Johnny humbly, now very aware that he was talking to Echo's mom. She was friendly. He didn't know what to say for a while as he sat there wondering what Echo would say after he told her this. So Mrs. Muses knew their friends too, she must have seen them in the past . . . in the past . . .

Johnny suddenly went very red.
"Erm! So, you know about me and Echo . . . erm, " he suddenly went to sit oriental style nervously and then bowed humbly to his love's mother. " I-I'm not fooling around with her, Mrs. Muses. I'm going to ask Echo to marry me after my apprenticeship in theatre and when I'm earning money enough for three. I am very serious about her. And I will take care of her, and I promise that she will never starve, and will always have a roof or tent over her head, and I will protect her as much as I protected Renee and Lydia. I will be a good father and son-in-law too and read books about how to take care of a baby and help with rebuilding your home in Dawnsfield."

He suddenly remembered Echo's father. "And also . . . I don't know if you know, but . . . I'll do my best to help rescue Mr. Muses too!"

Katsuya Katsuya

Aria's eyes went wide, ears perked up high and in alert as Johnny rambled nervously. This boy...

Johnny would hear a soft rustle to the side before a gentle hand went under his chin and pushed his head up for him to see a proud smile on her face...aiming at him.
"Calm down." The older fawn cooed as she leaned over and wrapped her arms around the sweet and silly young man in front of her. "Thank you...for caring so much about my daughter and husband. It's wonderful to know that someone will look after them for me when I'm not there in the physical realms."

She squeezed him, a gentle hand went behind his head and pulled him a bit closer like how a mom would hug a crying child to comfort them. "
And-! Don't call me Mrs. Muses; You said you're gonna be my son-in-law? Then call me 'Mom'! I will not have a member of our family call me by my family name like some stranger-" Aria giggled again as she leaned back to tuck his hair behind his ear. "Ah...but then again we are meeting for the first time. Eh. Either way, just call me mom...Heheh! I can see why my daughter loves you so much."

She tapped his nose lightly.
"You are a very charming young man. Just like my wonderful husband."

Zer0 Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back