How would your rp character handle the above scenario?

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
Take a character you use often, and apply their logic to solve a problem.

When you've done this, provide a new scenario for someone else to work with.

An innocent person is causing a great deal of destruction with powers they cannot control. It appears they deeply regret their actions but literally cannot stop it.

Have advisors determine whether or not killing the person would stop them. If yes, then unfortunately, kill them. One life is not outweighed by thousands. If the answer is no, then it depends on what type of destruction they are manifesting. If it's,say, dissolving only concrete by the touch, as an example, then attempt to contain them within a wooden or steel cage. Basically, try to neutralize or minimalize the damage they are doing by counteracting whatever destruction they are doing. Since it's risky, this choice should be a backup.

Your character's friend (or relative or someone close) suddenly has the power of a god and can control who dies when. The power goes to their head and they try to rule over the world. Your character have the opportunity to stop them, but there's only a small chance it will work without the friend dying and killing hundreds of others as a sort of dead man switch.

Take out the friend. Not only is their life not worth the billions on the planet that they could kill and control and cause havoc for, a strong belief in freedom meant that yeah, in the character's view, hundreds dying with the friend would be something later overcome and a sacrifice they were willing to make. People would be free and, more likely than not, there would be less death.

You discover your best friend/lover/sibling/someone you are close to is the member of a rather violent vigilante ring, and have been the cause of the deaths of many, albeit corrupted people. However, the chaos has swept a few innocents in who have had to be eliminated for various, fairly viable reasons. Your friend is more than willing to listen to any advice you have, and you could tell them to stop if you chose, but that would mean that corruption could continue to fester. What do you do, and why?

Join their vigilante circle and disturb them with my rather brutal tendencies for torture, knowing my abilities to heal can undo any innocents harmed.

Your nemesis has fallen to a decline after you destroyed their superweapon. You catch them robbing a gas station.

Shoot that wanker to death. No evil shall ever rise again!

The building you are currently in has been damaged and is now beginning to crumble. You can either save yourself, save your love interest but lose a limb, save your parental figure but lose an eye, or save both but become a vegetable.

Lie and say I can only save one. Then they decide who I save. If they take too long, I pick via eenie meenie minie moe. Then save that person.

Your new boss is a criminal guilty of a small white-collar crime. But if you try and confront him on it, there is a good chance you will not only get fired, but will have a black mark on your resumé and may not get hired for more than fast food or retail.

(This is an awesome idea for a forum game.)
DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete
Since I barely have any original characters of my own, I'll use my profile picture character.

She'd either keep quiet about it if they had a friendship going or would immediately let that little secret be known to everyone if she didn't like him. She's black and white like that.

After hearing and seeing many strange, possibly paranormal things occur in your character's home over the course of many weeks, he/she is suddenly approached by a cosmic witch-like entity in his/her bedroom after having woken up in the middle of the night. The witch isn't hideous or anything—she looks rather human and capable of good conversation. She then approaches your character with an offer: obtain powers beyond his/her wildest imagination and be able to use them however he/she pleases, but at the cost of doing what she dictates your character to do, whatever it may entail. Somehow, your character knows she's actually telling the truth. What does your character choose: normalcy and security, or a fantasy life where he/she has unfathomable power?

Last edited:
Michella would take the more interesting route, become a powerful being, all so she can be of use to someone she cares about.

Your character's life is simple, easy, and with a twin, twice as interesting as usual. However, one day, his/her twin is in a car accident. And this isn't just any type of accident, it's one that has put his/her twin on the brink of death.
Once at the hospital, he/she sees the twin at death's door. Just as he/she was about to reach out and talk to the twin, a person appears, a woman with soft gentle eyes, a wide smile, and a dainty figure.
She says with a grin that she is willing to save the twin, IF he/she agrees to be her servant for eternity. Either that, or the twin will die.
What will he/she do?

After having smoked a joint, the short Druid agrees to save his sibling, figuring he could throw her for a loop via dying of old age to get out of servitude after a few years.

You've recently knocked out a Dragon after shattering its limb in a particularly strong submission hold. Everyone present, your quirky ally, the sketching Bard, and the Princess you set out to rescue, are staring at you in stunned silence. Whaddya do?

Violet smiles sweetly at everyone present, whilst she draws a runic symbol towards the dragon with her finger. Within moments, a violent storm of purple flames and thunder disintegrate the magnificent beast into measly ash. After calmly collecting the ashes into a small glass jar, she teleports everyone outside to begin the long trek home.

Your character has died, with many heartbreaking regrets, and may never achieve eternal peace. The only way to come back to life, is if they kill off the one they love the most. What would your character do?

"That's f-ing stupid!" Blair shouted, her Scottish accent becoming thicker in her anger. "Who the hell invented that rule? Anyone who willingly kills someone they care about, hell, even someone they don't care about, for their own gain doesn't deserve eternal peace or a second chance or any of that shit! Let me burn in hell, or rot in purgatory, or whatever you want! By killing someone I love, I'd never have peace anyway! So up yours! Go step on a lego! I'm not doing it!" With that said, she crossed her arms, and willingly marched into the fiery gates of hell, embracing it like an old friend.

You are a soldier. On an assignment, you infiltrate the enemy base and find hundreds of young girls, kidnapped from a local village you had already seen been razed to the ground and all the inhabitants killed. They have been raped, tortured, and treated in the most horrible day possible. They beg you for death, beg for you to end their suffering. They don't want to live anymore. They can't bear the memories of what has been done to them. What do you do? How do you proceed?

i kill them and burn their bodys

you're in north korea and you're about to be exacuted what do you do???

Scream like the banshee I am and burst their eardrums.

What would you do if your best friend showed up at your house one day with a bullet in their shoulder and a crazed look in their eyes, asking for help.

Universe 32: Grab a medpack, heal him a the best of my possibilities and charge my blaster, the bastards who did that might be right at the door any seconds now.
Universe 203: Freak out a bit initially, try to make him stop bleeding and call 911 immediatly, let's hope for the best...
Universe 204: Freak out a bit initially, try to make her stop bleeding and call 112 immediatly, let's hope for the best...
Universe 512: Make her seat near the fireplace and treat the wound, good thing I'm a licenced healer...

The Big Bad has taken the city hostage and is threatening to blow up the great monument everyone loves unless you show up in his lair without weapons, do you fall in the trap?

I will challenge the Big Bad head on, there is nothing the immense strength of my orcish hands couldn't tear apart. I would probably then ransack his lair for treasure as I've been told I am a bit of a klepto...

A speeding ambulance is mere seconds away from running over a little girl trying to cross the road. How do you save the girl without interrupting the ambulance's trip to the hospital?

spook: i'm not much for heroics, but i'd save the girl however i saw fit, even if it delayed or stopped the ambulance altogether. after all, whoever's in that thing is likely a few minutes away from being morgue filler anyway. the girl, on the other hand, is a presumably healthy kid with a good chance of growing up if saved. sounds fair to me.

question: if you were given the option of going back in time to stop something you deem wrong without knowing the potential consequences or how you'd change reality, would you accept it?

Both I and my RP character would accept it before mapping out the potential consequences. After all, that event isn't going to change until I change it, so there's no reason to act rashly. However, if there were a time limit on the opportunity, my RP character, unlike myself, would take the conservative route and not do anything about it.

There are seven people in a room.
You must shoot one of them to save the others.
One is a baby.
One is a 10 year old child.
One is a teenager.
One is 21.
One is 30.
One is 50.
One is 75.
Without knowing their importance to any events, their background, or if they could spark an international conflict with any of their deaths (i.e. the 75 year old could be a world leader, but you don't know that. The baby could be the child of a queen, but you don't know that, either), which would you shoot?

I would shoot myself because I can't handle the stress

A trolley is rolling down the track. If it continues along its current path, it will run over 5 innocent people, but will also do an insane loop-de-loop. You can divert the trolley onto another track but then it won't do the insane loop-de-loop. What would you do?

Sigh, then revert the track, saving the people. "Its no fun being the hero."

You are stuck in a room with a clone of yourself. All thoughts are telepathically linked. Only one of you can leave through the hatch on the ceiling, but it cant be reached without a boost from another person. How do you escape?

"Want to make out till someone rescues us?"
Clone: "Why yes, how did you know!?"
[scene missing]

You are approached by a frenzied scientist, who yells, "I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!" What's your response?

"i have no idea what that is. " Roman shrugged "You wanna go binge watch the office until we regret life decisions?" Roman asked and dragged the scientist to their house. They became friends for life.

You have a choice between your bestfriend, and your true love. Your best friend had tried to steal your true love away from you before, but now they beg for forgiveness. If you choose your best friend than you and your true love will never be together. If you choose your true love than your best friend will be burned at the stake. Who do you choose?

An innocent person is causing a great deal of destruction with powers they cannot control. It appears they deeply regret their actions but literally cannot stop it.
*sigh*

Satsu saw the guy just killed another group of people across the street without noticing.

*BaBump*

She readies her anti material rifle as she scoped the head of the guy who was being chased by several heroes and the Military.

*BaBump*

Feeling the wind caressing her hair, Satsu can only watch sadly from a distance as she pulled the trigger and the guy's head and upper body exploded into little bits of red rain.

"Gomenasai" she said as she slowly packed up her tools and waited for her next assignment to come, sending a silent prayer for all those who died in this rainy day.

Take them under my wing as MY squire.

"Want to make out till someone rescues us?"
Clone: "Why yes, how did you know!?"
[scene missing]

You are approached by a frenzied scientist, who yells, "I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!" What's your response?

"But doctor, wouldn't that cause a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back