• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom How To Train Your Dragons => Original Characters and Story (Closed)

Kaprosuchus96

Dragon Mama <3
I am absolutely in love with How To Train Your Dragon. It's my most beloved franchise, with the books (asides from the first one and the dragon encyclopedia) being the only part I have not tackled. I've created my own custom dragon races before, and I honestly would love to do it again. I realize I call myself GM, but I honestly would enjoy to roleplay alongside whoever joins me because that's where I'm happiest. The idea can be fleshed out among those who have been chosen, and I'm looking for people who have original characters (be they Vikings or some other nationality, the shows have proved that they're not all Vikings after all) and are willing to join me as we take a dive away from the existing storylines and build our own path through whatever world we choose. I'm not saying that the characters couldn't frequent parts of the Archipelago that the Dragon Riders haven't been to, I just want us to have our own original story without bumping into any existing canon characters. Original dragons are also welcome as well (I've created at least 4/5 myself).

With the third (and final *sob*) movie coming up, I really would like to connect with others who love the franchise. Specific rules past what the RPNation has already stated can be decided as a group later on. I am looking for no more than three players who are serious in their attitude and writing (even if what we're writing is comedic) and older in age because this roleplay could get dark at parts. And at least a paragraph per post. Character sheets will come later when I'm not sitting at my work desk and am at home able to think a bit clearer. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope to write with you soon!

I'm interested. Question: Are we going realistic or animated? Just need to know when I choose my faceclaim.

I think I call that a play by? I've just never heard that word before that's all And you can go either or, people will visualize the characters in different styles anyway. So you can chose whichever you like best. Though the dragons, if you choose to be a rider, need to recognized in the same world as the canon dragons (that is if you choose a dragon that isn't one of the breeds that exists already canonically). The few Dragon breeds I created back... 5 or so years ago I created for the world of this franchise, so I believe that they fit in it. But yes, you can use realistic or animated, whatever you would like. I have a particular preference to my own character art that I choose so I understand.

I think I call that a play by? I've just never heard that word before that's all And you can go either or, people will visualize the characters in different styles anyway. So you can chose whichever you like best. Though the dragons, if you choose to be a rider, need to recognized in the same world as the canon dragons (that is if you choose a dragon that isn't one of the breeds that exists already canonically). The few Dragon breeds I created back... 5 or so years ago I created for the world of this franchise, so I believe that they fit in it. But yes, you can use realistic or animated, whatever you would like. I have a particular preference to my own character art that I choose so I understand.
That's good to hear. I assume the night fury is off-limits?

I love dragons, and the series. Think I'd be down for this

Last edited:
Ok! I think we finally have enough people for this sort of group. Its more than I was expecting but I'm actually ok with this. Thank you! It will be just a bit longer for me to get the character sheets out to you all. I'll that thread here.

Link to Character Sheet Thread
KSMI KSMI SilverFlight SilverFlight Seabourne Seabourne PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Fandom - Dragons Original Character Sheet

Here you all go! Also does anyone else know what the policy is on using pictures for playby's/faceclaims if you just googled the picture/searched the web for it? I can't figure out where that "policy" might be written, and I don't want to bother an Admin, let alone I don't know how to do that either.

I just updated it, I meant to have "goals" added to it. They're in there now.

Will this place be getting an OOC section?

Side note: Making progress on my OC drawing for the RP. I've never drawn a dragon before, but I'll give it a go

Last edited:
Will this place be getting an OOC section?

Side note: Making progress on my OC drawing for the RP. I've never drawn a dragon before, but I'll give it a go

I'll make sure I make an OOC thread, yes :) it might be a few hours, all I have is my phone when I'm not at work and it's insanely easier doing threads on the computer at work. I'll be at work in about.. 10 hours. I may get the thread our before then, but I know for sure I can get it done at work too.

Ya still workin?

If you're thinking of getting started tonight, I could whip up a character. If not I'll just keep working on the artwork

Ya still workin?

If you're thinking of getting started tonight, I could whip up a character. If not I'll just keep working on the artwork

Oh! There is no rush 💜 take your time :) ok? Well start when everyone gets their character sheets done. I need to make my own character too as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back