• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy How to spell Doom

Agent

Lance
"Twas a long time ago. In a spooky plain... somewhere far from civilization. There, the awesome wizard-"
"Robin! Who're you talking to?!"
"It's no one! Go away!"
"Talking to no one? Okay, have fun!"
"Geez, what a loser."
"What did you say, Robin?"
"Stop saying that and leave me alone! Okay, jeez... as I was saying, before my terrific introduction was ruined... I can't have an introduction anymore because it was ruined. So i'll just take it from the top."

Hiya! I'm a dark mage, and you should know that I will be the one that takes over the world! What? You don't believe me? That's fine, because i'll just have to keep you alive until then so I can prove you wrong. My band of friends shall help me realize me dream, as there's six of us travelling around the dark plains... awaiting our chance to prove that we're not so useless to the world. But until then, we're just here to eat, drink, and sleep. For now, at least.

Anyways, let's talk about me now! Ooh, umm... I do some pretty cool things, don't I? I like to...
'Make friendly sacrifices.'
'Play pranks on others!'
'Sit around the ashes.'
'Make lots of friends!'

"Twas a long time ago. In a spooky plain... somewhere far from civilization. There, the awesome wizard-"
"Robin! Who're you talking to?!"
"It's no one! Go away!"
"Talking to no one? Okay, have fun!"
"Geez, what a loser."
"What did you say, Robin?"
"Stop saying that and leave me alone! Okay, jeez... as I was saying, before my terrific introduction was ruined... I can't have an introduction anymore because it was ruined. So i'll just take it from the top."

Hiya! I'm a dark mage, and you should know that I will be the one that takes over the world! What? You don't believe me? That's fine, because i'll just have to keep you alive until then so I can prove you wrong. My band of friends shall help me realize me dream, as there's six of us travelling around the dark plains... awaiting our chance to prove that we're not so useless to the world. But until then, we're just here to eat, drink, and sleep. For now, at least.

Anyways, let's talk about me now! Ooh, umm... I do some pretty cool things, don't I? I like to...
'Play pranks on others!'
'Sit around the ashes.'
'Make lots of friends!'

I'd like one serving of comedic sociopathy, please. Sure, we could cook ourselves up a dark mage that's a friend to all living things but I prefer 'em evil and proud of it. I find such characters unapologetic about embracing their dark side yet they don't use that as an excuse to be rude. On a typical day you'd see 'em give money to charity first thing in the morning while gleefully burning down an entire village in the afternoon. At night, they'd go to sleep and think all about the souls they sent to heaven and smile. You see, they don't mean to be bad, they like helping people but they like helping themselves even more. These people have strict moral codes they uphold, but their warped nature allows them to re-interpret that moral code of theirs to suit their needs.

Honestly, if any normal person were to uncover the character's true nature, he'd be reasonably freaked out and wouldn't want to do any business with him. And even us, the audience, would get tired of seeing this guy wreak havoc across the countryside with nobody checking him. What we need to fix this is a true companion! This guy would act as a foil to this sociopath hero of ours, giving us more options to explore the story; we don't want some crazy dark mage killing everyone in sight every time since that would ruin the fun. The companion must be strong in his own way even if he somehow doesn't have access to magic; we don't want him becoming the load now. Well, you get the idea, what do you have in mind?

I'd like one serving of comedic sociopathy, please. Sure, we could cook ourselves up a dark mage that's a friend to all living things but I prefer 'em evil and proud of it. I find such characters unapologetic about embracing their dark side yet they don't use that as an excuse to be rude. On a typical day you'd see 'em give money to charity first thing in the morning while gleefully burning down an entire village in the afternoon. At night, they'd go to sleep and think all about the souls they sent to heaven and smile. You see, they don't mean to be bad, they like helping people but they like helping themselves even more. These people have strict moral codes they uphold, but their warped nature allows them to re-interpret that moral code of theirs to suit their needs.

Honestly, if any normal person were to uncover the character's true nature, he'd be reasonably freaked out and wouldn't want to do any business with him. And even us, the audience, would get tired of seeing this guy wreak havoc across the countryside with nobody checking him. What we need to fix this is a true companion! This guy would act as a foil to this sociopath hero of ours, giving us more options to explore the story; we don't want some crazy dark mage killing everyone in sight every time since that would ruin the fun. The companion must be strong in his own way even if he somehow doesn't have access to magic; we don't want him becoming the load now. Well, you get the idea, what do you have in mind?
I'd love to see a sociopath played for laughs, they can be a lot of fun, I agree.

I like to make friendly sacrifices! Yunno, with birds, cats, mice... sometimes crazy people. Yunno, for my dark rituals! What do they do, exactly? I'm not sure. I haven't bothered to ask Rhodeen yet. She's our leader, by the way. And-

"Robin! That light's been on for hours! Turn it off and go to sleep!" That was one of my other... dark mage friends. Well, I guess I better listen to her... for now. Muahahaha, wra-hahaha, AH-HAHAHA...! Let's practice that later.

"Stop calling me that! And fine, i'll go to sleep!" Remember how I said we were all nomads? Well, we sleep in tents and travel around a wasteland full of soot and ash. It's not like, dangerous to breathe or anything. Or maybe it is for other people. Anyways, i'm gonna dim the lights now and get some shuteye before my friends yell at me again.

"Nooo! Please don't kill us, Robin!"

"Wra-ha-ha! You shall rue the day you decided to cross me! Now, any last words?"

"Wake up, Robin. Wake up!"

"Uhh, what?"

"Come on, sleepyhead. Ugh, you always sleep in like this!"

There was a familiar voice, very close to me... "ROBIN!"

"Aah!" I yelped as I snapped awake. Probably not the best thing to do or say but... "W... wassup, Collie?" Collie was one of my good friends. She was a little better than me with the dark arts, probably because she's all serious n' stuff. She forces herself to come and wake me up every other day, and while she seems very irritated... i'm sure she means well.

Collie gave her reddish-brown hair a brush from her hand as she gave me a stern look. "It's time for practice again. Xavier has been waiting for you for several minutes already!"

"W-what?! I'm late for practice?" I threw my blanket off of me and put on my shoes and shoves before bolting out of the tent past my friend. And in case you were wondering, yes I wear all of my clothes in my sleep. Why? Because it's such a hassle otherwise. The nights get chilly, anyways.

We always practiced a few meters away from our camp, in case any of our spells went astray. Not me, though. I'm picture perfect!
Xavier was tapping his foot impatiently when I found him. By the way he was staring at me, there'd have been enough time for him to stomp a hole into the ground with all the foot tapping he's doing. I chuckled internally at that joke. "Robin!" He was a tall, and slightly intimidating man. Somehow, his fluffy, dirty blonde hair and refusal to wear typical mage attire mage him a bit more scary. "I've been waiting for 16 minutes now. What do you have to say for yourself?"

I cringed at what he called me. "My name isn't Robin! Why does everyone keep calling me that?"

Xavier scoffed. "Hmph. That's what Collie keeps calling you. If that isn't your name, then what is it?" May I remind you all that I haven't eaten any breakfast yet?

"Hah! My name is..."
'Henry!'
'Sherman.'
'Peter.'
'Drew.'
'Nickelic!'
(pick one lol)
Robin?
4uFaJwM.png
Coelebs
mPIqv36.png
Rexslayer
IB04q7f.png
Tiernin

Ke7JutC.png
Mage's Trenchcoat - Something that a magical person would wear without looking like they're wearing a dress.
GWYP9ck.png
Evil Gloves - Such darkness! Embrace your inner self and unleash the blackest of magicks!

I like to make friendly sacrifices! Yunno, with birds, cats, mice... sometimes crazy people. Yunno, for my dark rituals! What do they do, exactly? I'm not sure. I haven't bothered to ask Rhodeen yet. She's our leader, by the way. And-

"Robin! That light's been on for hours! Turn it off and go to sleep!" That was one of my other... dark mage friends. Well, I guess I better listen to her... for now. Muahahaha, wra-hahaha, AH-HAHAHA...! Let's practice that later.

"Stop calling me that! And fine, i'll go to sleep!" Remember how I said we were all nomads? Well, we sleep in tents and travel around a wasteland full of soot and ash. It's not like, dangerous to breathe or anything. Or maybe it is for other people. Anyways, i'm gonna dim the lights now and get some shuteye before my friends yell at me again.

"Nooo! Please don't kill us, Robin!"

"Wra-ha-ha! You shall rue the day you decided to cross me! Now, any last words?"

"Wake up, Robin. Wake up!"

"Uhh, what?"

"Come on, sleepyhead. Ugh, you always sleep in like this!"

There was a familiar voice, very close to me... "ROBIN!"

"Aah!" I yelped as I snapped awake. Probably not the best thing to do or say but... "W... wassup, Collie?" Collie was one of my good friends. She was a little better than me with the dark arts, probably because she's all serious n' stuff. She forces herself to come and wake me up every other day, and while she seems very irritated... i'm sure she means well.

Collie gave her reddish-brown hair a brush from her hand as she gave me a stern look. "It's time for practice again. Xavier has been waiting for you for several minutes already!"

"W-what?! I'm late for practice?" I threw my blanket off of me and put on my shoes and shoves before bolting out of the tent past my friend. And in case you were wondering, yes I wear all of my clothes in my sleep. Why? Because it's such a hassle otherwise. The nights get chilly, anyways.

We always practiced a few meters away from our camp, in case any of our spells went astray. Not me, though. I'm picture perfect!
Xavier was tapping his foot impatiently when I found him. By the way he was staring at me, there'd have been enough time for him to stomp a hole into the ground with all the foot tapping he's doing. I chuckled internally at that joke. "Robin!" He was a tall, and slightly intimidating man. Somehow, his fluffy, dirty blonde hair and refusal to wear typical mage attire mage him a bit more scary. "I've been waiting for 16 minutes now. What do you have to say for yourself?"

I cringed at what he called me. "My name isn't Robin! Why does everyone keep calling me that?"

Xavier scoffed. "Hmph. That's what Collie keeps calling you. If that isn't your name, then what is it?" May I remind you all that I haven't eaten any breakfast yet?

"Hah! My name is..."
'Henry!'
'Sherman.'
'Peter.'
'Drew.'
'Nickelic!'
(pick one lol)
Robin?
4uFaJwM.png
Coelebs
mPIqv36.png
Rexslayer
IB04q7f.png
Tiernin

Ke7JutC.png
Mage's Trenchcoat - Something that a magical person would wear without looking like they're wearing a dress.
GWYP9ck.png
Evil Gloves - Such darkness! Embrace your inner self and unleash the blackest of magicks!

'Henry!'

Henry sounds like a good name to start with. You can always change your name to something more sinister when you've got a reputation for yourself, but let's start with a name that's normal-sounding.

I, uh, am typing out a short post. Can't get my mind to do shit.

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller
I don't either, and that's because we don't have the choice here, or at least not at the moment.
If there was I probably would've gone over to this quick list I made for someone else, grabbed a name, and gone from there. But these names we've got here seem to have a similar theme going for them. Doesn't necessarily have to be all that cool right now. I mean, I don't think Xavier and Collie are going to care either way.

(LOL HENRY WAS A TRICK NAME BECAUSE THIS KID IS TOO SIMILAR TO ANOTHER HENRY)

"Henry!" I say cheerfully.

Xavier gives me this look of some sort. I'm not exactly sure what it was. "Your name is not Robin but it's Henry?"

That's what I said, dummy. "Yeah!"

"Is that a joke?"

"Yeah!"

He facepalms and shakes his head. "Heeeugh... I know your name isn't Henry. Now tell me your real name."

I scowled at his disrespect towards my joke. But fine! "Its..."

'Sherman.'
'Peter.'
'Drew.'
'Nickelic!'

not henry
4uFaJwM.png
Coelebs
mPIqv36.png
Rexslayer
IB04q7f.png
Tiernin

Ke7JutC.png
GWYP9ck.png

Hey, no tricks allowed! This guy's still going to be Henry in our hearts, anyway.
You see, Henry is his current alias because he's become more fond of it than his real name... Peter, I guess.

I find it to be a more compelling choice than Nickelodeon or P Sherman 42 Wallaby Way. I'm open to Drew, though, if anyone has any arguments towards that one.

I mean if we are going for names that are going to be insulted, might as well go for Peter... Because... ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Let's see if anyone get's what I mean teehee)

(LOL HENRY WAS A TRICK NAME BECAUSE THIS KID IS TOO SIMILAR TO ANOTHER HENRY)

"Henry!" I say cheerfully.

Xavier gives me this look of some sort. I'm not exactly sure what it was. "Your name is not Robin but it's Henry?"

That's what I said, dummy. "Yeah!"

"Is that a joke?"

"Yeah!"

He facepalms and shakes his head. "Heeeugh... I know your name isn't Henry. Now tell me your real name."

I scowled at his disrespect towards my joke. But fine! "Its..."

'Sherman.'
'Peter.'
'Drew.'
'Nickelic!'

not henry
4uFaJwM.png
Coelebs
mPIqv36.png
Rexslayer
IB04q7f.png
Tiernin

Ke7JutC.png
GWYP9ck.png

Fuck this, I'm naming him Marcy, it's an endearing name that'll fit him to a T. He'll be that pleasant little fellow who likes to capture people to use for his dark rituals and his experiments. Always a sweet person, bordering on complete innocence, while doing the most horrible things a man can do.

Marcy the Dark Mage! Mark the Dark Lord! Dark Lord Marcy. Man, I'm just dreaming of all the wicked-sounding titles we can put in this name.

(2 out of 3 it's Peter; okay then)
"Peter." I also thought of a good question for him. "How do you not know my name at the moment?"

And he had a good excuse. "I knew that. I was just testing you." Wait, was it? He walks around for a few seconds, inspecting the barren wasteland around us. "Is Helwyn awake yet?" Helwyn was a mage, like me. I'll introduce ya to him when he makes his grand entrance!

"No, sir." I shook my head. "I came here as soon as Collie woke me up; she's probably waking him up now."

"Hmm... Well I guess you can try a little something while we wait. You see that tree?" You mean the ashen tree you're pointing at that I can clearly see? Yes. "Use one of your dark spells on it."

A tree. "What do you have against trees?" I asked.

Xavier shrugged. "Nothing, because you're the one that will be destroying it."

Use one of Peter's spells on the tree.

Peter
4uFaJwM.png
Coelebs - Dark magic that harms someone with pitch black shadows.
mPIqv36.png
Rexslayer - Dark magic that punctures a target's organs from the inside. Requires your heart to be calm.
IB04q7f.png
Tiernin - Put someone to sleep. Doesn't work if they're wide awake.

Ke7JutC.png
GWYP9ck.png

(2 out of 3 it's Peter; okay then)
"Peter." I also thought of a good question for him. "How do you not know my name at the moment?"

And he had a good excuse. "I knew that. I was just testing you." Wait, was it? He walks around for a few seconds, inspecting the barren wasteland around us. "Is Helwyn awake yet?" Helwyn was a mage, like me. I'll introduce ya to him when he makes his grand entrance!

"No, sir." I shook my head. "I came here as soon as Collie woke me up; she's probably waking him up now."

"Hmm... Well I guess you can try a little something while we wait. You see that tree?" You mean the ashen tree you're pointing at that I can clearly see? Yes. "Use one of your dark spells on it."

A tree. "What do you have against trees?" I asked.

Xavier shrugged. "Nothing, because you're the one that will be destroying it."

Use one of Peter's spells on the tree.

Peter
4uFaJwM.png
mPIqv36.png
Rexslayer - Dark magic that punctures a target's organs from the inside. Requires your heart to be calm.
IB04q7f.png

Ke7JutC.png
GWYP9ck.png

I opt to hit it with a Rexslayer.

(Impatience.)
I hold my hand up towards the tree and take a deep breath. Then, I close my hand into a fist, and a sharp magic erupts from within the tree, causing several branches to fall off.

Xavier looks at how little damage I did to the tree, considering that Rexslayer is normally used on humans. "That one, huh? The execution was solid, but you're supposed to use that one on living things."

"Trees are living, though."

He shakes his head. "Looks pretty dead to me." To make his point, he walks up to the trees and pulls a branch off of it. It snaps easily.

I growled. "Urrrgh. What else am I supposed to use?"

"Perhaps a projectile attack, as that's the standard of most spells."

"I don't have anything like that." I say, shaking my head.
Our fading chat was renewed by the entry of one of my good friends: Helwyn! He's kinda rude, maybe a little depressed, but that doesn't stop me from talking to him. "He-hey! How's it going today?" He always bundled up, usually wearing at least two layers of dark mage robes.

He sighed as Collie came in behind him. "Don't talk to me, don't even look at me."

"23 minutes!" Xavier bellowed, snapping Helwyn awake. "What reason do you have for being so late, Helwyn?"

"Sleep." Alright, good answer.

Collie raised a finger to silence everyone. "We're all here, Xavier, so what'll we be doing today?"

He grinned slightly. "I'll be summoning some ravens to fly above you. I'm gonna need you all to take them out. Ready?"

"Sure." Helwyn said slightly sarcastically.

"Of course." Collie said, slightly interrupting what I was about to say.

"Yeah!"

And with that, Xavier hand glows as he launches several shadow ravens into the sky.

"I got this!"
Cast another spell.
Peter
4uFaJwM.png
mPIqv36.png
IB04q7f.png

Ke7JutC.png
GWYP9ck.png

(Impatience.)
I hold my hand up towards the tree and take a deep breath. Then, I close my hand into a fist, and a sharp magic erupts from within the tree, causing several branches to fall off.

Xavier looks at how little damage I did to the tree, considering that Rexslayer is normally used on humans. "That one, huh? The execution was solid, but you're supposed to use that one on living things."

"Trees are living, though."

He shakes his head. "Looks pretty dead to me." To make his point, he walks up to the trees and pulls a branch off of it. It snaps easily.

I growled. "Urrrgh. What else am I supposed to use?"

"Perhaps a projectile attack, as that's the standard of most spells."

"I don't have anything like that." I say, shaking my head.
Our fading chat was renewed by the entry of one of my good friends: Helwyn! He's kinda rude, maybe a little depressed, but that doesn't stop me from talking to him. "He-hey! How's it going today?" He always bundled up, usually wearing at least two layers of dark mage robes.

He sighed as Collie came in behind him. "Don't talk to me, don't even look at me."

"23 minutes!" Xavier bellowed, snapping Helwyn awake. "What reason do you have for being so late, Helwyn?"

"Sleep." Alright, good answer.

Collie raised a finger to silence everyone. "We're all here, Xavier, so what'll we be doing today?"

He grinned slightly. "I'll be summoning some ravens to fly above you. I'm gonna need you all to take them out. Ready?"

"Sure." Helwyn said slightly sarcastically.

"Of course." Collie said, slightly interrupting what I was about to say.

"Yeah!"

And with that, Xavier hand glows as he launches several shadow ravens into the sky.

"I got this!"
Cast another spell.
Peter
4uFaJwM.png
mPIqv36.png
IB04q7f.png

Ke7JutC.png
GWYP9ck.png

Cast Tiernin on Helwyn, maybe if you put him to sleep it'll take out all the shadow ravens. Perhaps those require an active mental connection to work.

I cast Tiernin on Helwyn so I can get more birds than him, and he falls asleep where he is standing. Xavier scowls. "Hey! What're you-"

Thennn, I cast Coelebs on a random raven. A shadowy burst envelops it, but doesn't actually do anything. "What? How come it didn't work?"

"Pretty sure they're immune to dark magic." Collie says, zapping one of the ravens with a lightning bolt.

"And more importantly-" Xavier says. "Why'd you put Helwyn to sleep?!"

"...because it was funny." I respond casually, resisting the urge to laugh out loud.

He shakes his head disapprovingly, to my disappointment. "Wake up him, now."

I'm not sure how you wake someone standing up, because normally you're supposed to shake them, but he might fall over if I shake him. So I slap him.
"Wha-whatthehell?!" Helwyn says as he snaps awake.

Collie chuckles slightly as she keeps zapping the ravens. "Heheh, Peter cast a spell on you cause you wanted to sleep."

"Nahnah, that was definitely not me..." I say defensively, backing up a little in case he wants to assault me.

"It was him." Xavier blurts out.

Urgh! Why'd you hafta say that? "What was that for?!" Helwyn yelled as he stepped closer to me. I would've walked back a little more, but I feared I might trip on a rock and break my back.

So... honest answer, then? "Because I thought it would be funny, and it was."

Xavier scowled even harder. "First- no casting spells on other dark mages unless me or Rhodeen say you can. Second, how do you not know any projectile or explosive spells?"

Meh. I shrugged. "I dunno."

"Alright then, I suppose I will have to pass on some knowledge onto you. Hold still." He closed his eyes and started chanting to himself, and a purple energy started coming out from him and into me. I felt a tickling sensation as my head filled with new knowledge of... some spell. As the last of the energy went into me, Xavier opened his eyes. "Okay, so I taught you fireball. Try it on that last raven." Sure enough, there was one raven still fluttering around in the sky.

I put my hands down at my sides as I prepared to toss a fireball at that useless bird. Here it comes...

The magic word is:
1. Tristis Nix
2. Animalis
3. Ravil

I cast Tiernin on Helwyn so I can get more birds than him, and he falls asleep where he is standing. Xavier scowls. "Hey! What're you-"

Thennn, I cast Coelebs on a random raven. A shadowy burst envelops it, but doesn't actually do anything. "What? How come it didn't work?"

"Pretty sure they're immune to dark magic." Collie says, zapping one of the ravens with a lightning bolt.

"And more importantly-" Xavier says. "Why'd you put Helwyn to sleep?!"

"...because it was funny." I respond casually, resisting the urge to laugh out loud.

He shakes his head disapprovingly, to my disappointment. "Wake up him, now."

I'm not sure how you wake someone standing up, because normally you're supposed to shake them, but he might fall over if I shake him. So I slap him.
"Wha-whatthehell?!" Helwyn says as he snaps awake.

Collie chuckles slightly as she keeps zapping the ravens. "Heheh, Peter cast a spell on you cause you wanted to sleep."

"Nahnah, that was definitely not me..." I say defensively, backing up a little in case he wants to assault me.

"It was him." Xavier blurts out.

Urgh! Why'd you hafta say that? "What was that for?!" Helwyn yelled as he stepped closer to me. I would've walked back a little more, but I feared I might trip on a rock and break my back.

So... honest answer, then? "Because I thought it would be funny, and it was."

Xavier scowled even harder. "First- no casting spells on other dark mages unless me or Rhodeen say you can. Second, how do you not know any projectile or explosive spells?"

Meh. I shrugged. "I dunno."

"Alright then, I suppose I will have to pass on some knowledge onto you. Hold still." He closed his eyes and started chanting to himself, and a purple energy started coming out from him and into me. I felt a tickling sensation as my head filled with new knowledge of... some spell. As the last of the energy went into me, Xavier opened his eyes. "Okay, so I taught you fireball. Try it on that last raven." Sure enough, there was one raven still fluttering around in the sky.

I put my hands down at my sides as I prepared to toss a fireball at that useless bird. Here it comes...

The magic word is:
1. Tristis Nix
2. Animalis
3. Ravil

3. Use Ravil, try to get words that are pretty short so you can summon spells immediately. But when you get longer spells you better start practicing on them everyday so you'll be able to use them quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back