• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

How to roll dice?

At the time of writing this post, there is no dice roller on the new site. A new one will be programmed for the site in the near future - can't have a dice system without a dice roller, after all.

Hi, this is a simple question, with this new system, how can dice be incorporated into a roleplay? Thanks :3

In the meantime, I'd suggest using an online dice roller (random.org is good) and screenshotting the results. :)

At the moment I can't find the thread where we announced it, but yes, we do have a dice roller in most areas now! You need to make a post first, then edit it. The dice roller will be in the edit options. After you've rolled, click Save and your rolls will appear in your post.

At the moment I can't find the thread where we announced it, but yes, we do have a dice roller in most areas now! You need to make a post first, then edit it. The dice roller will be in the edit options. After you've rolled, click Save and your rolls will appear in your post.
Thanks! And guess what, I rolled a Natural 20! (It came out as 19 and was a perception check, but still, it was kool.)

Well by Natural 20 I mean I rolled a 20. It wasn't an attack roll so it couldn't crit. (The Half-orc has a minus one modifier for Wis and this was a preception check.)

For the purposes of an attack roll, if you have a feat that allows 19 to crit, it is equivalent to rolling a natural 20

Hi, I'm a brand-spanking new user who might use dice in an RP of mine I'm remodeling for this site, so don't mind me as I use this very post to test the system out...

(Hello, by the way!)

Edit: hm, perhaps it's just not available in this forum, as I've read you guys describe it. I'll take my experimentation to the sandbox forum I found earlier...

Yeah it doesn't work here and by sandbox I assume you mean 'My Private Workshop'? 'Cause if you don't it be useful to know where that is.

Yeah it doesn't work here and by sandbox I assume you mean 'My Private Workshop'? 'Cause if you don't it be useful to know where that is.
I believe I meant My Private Workshop. I wrote that post after a long day at grad school, so there's an element of brain fry going on.

I don't prefer to rely on anything found off-site for a person to engage with my roleplays, so is there anything that can function like Dice or provide some kind of mechanical system behind systems I'm thinking of? I could craft something out of even a coin flip or number generator. Or shall I rely on my default homebase of narrative limits and fiat?

Morvick Morvick
The dice is only applicable in certain parts of RPN, such as the roleplay section.

Morvick Morvick
The dice is only applicable in certain parts of RPN, such as the roleplay section.
Ah, good to know. That's where I'll be using it, then.

Is there a guide on how to use these different functions so that I'm not talking out of my rear when I draft up my roleplays?

If it's about the dice, the quote I have in the previous post should be enough. If you have other questions, you can read our FAQ in our Handbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back