Advice/Help How to improve group

Comicwolf

Searching for writing partners
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there,

Awhile back I started a group called manhatten hero high, despite getting a few people intrested it always has the following issues:
-players drop out due to scheduling or ghost
- can’t get to next day unless its been a month or i timeskip to try to keep it going
- has been restarted three times maybe four

What i am asking is, what should i improve on/ add to the rp or fix up interest check?

I would like to keep canon and oc characters optional

Rp:
Interest check:
Thread 'Manhatten Hero High School AU Enrollment Thread [Accepting]'
Fandom - Manhatten Hero High School AU Enrollment Thread [Accepting]

So the first two issues are just a part of running a group. There is nothing you can do that is going to stop people from leaving or remove the need for time skips.

I think just learning to accept that aspect of roleplaying is probably your best bet.

As for the third point I think you just fix that with a little bit better organization.

I was once in a school roleplay that lasted four years. How they handled things was as follows;;

1. They had a policy in place of writing out the characters of people who left or just wanted to play new characters

2. They time skipped on a set schedule, so like every two weeks (IrL) they moved to the next scene

3. If they needed to move threads they just continued the story. I think by the time the roleplay finished they had covered nearly four years in the roleplay universe and they had at least three different threads.

All they did was put in the first few posts a “previously on” segment for folks who were curious.

But since this is a school you don’t even really need that much since you can just claim previous students graduated and keep going forward into perpetuity

I am a little on the late side, but I would just like to add to what was said with the following: Stay active, stay attentive, and make sure to keep a healthy OOC going. It's one of the better indicators of the health of an RP, the OOC, and many RPs will start to lose the player's interest when the OOCs start to die out or if the GM is too absent or distant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back