Advice/Help How to get more roleplays?

Comicwolf

Searching for writing partners
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there, lately over three months i been rping my groups as i barely been getting any one on one roleplays since i think a few months or less. So far i have two currently that is active and the only other things i have is two group oocs, and the rest is four and a half (if i include some of the first page not all) pages of dead roleplays.

I tried to ask someone before to look over/help me improve my intrest checks but lately they havent gotten back to messaging me >~<
So i am asking what can i do to help increase my chances of getting one on one roleplays?

You can try responding to the one on one recruitment threads yourself if you're only waiting for people to look at your own.

I have no search thread of my own. At all. But had no shortage in 1x1 roleplays and I only do those.
Making an awesome interest check is good but responding to other people interest checks worked a lot better for me. So if that's the 1x1 roleplays you seek, try to be more proactive as well rather than wait for someone to contact you. Unless you're looking for extremely specific thing which no one will likely post about unless you do it, then it's probably best to at least have a thread up.
But technically, you don't even need a search thread to find 1x1 roleplays as long as you know what you want and look for those things in others.

I have no search thread of my own. At all. But had no shortage in 1x1 roleplays and I only do those.
Making an awesome interest check is good but responding to other people interest checks worked a lot better for me. So if that's the 1x1 roleplays you seek, try to be more proactive as well rather than wait for someone to contact you. Unless you're looking for extremely specific thing which no one will likely post about unless you do it, then it's probably best to at least have a thread up.
But technically, you don't even need a search thread to find 1x1 roleplays as long as you know what you want and look for those things in others.
I been searching around but no one really wants platonic or they require literate writers. I can try to search more though
You can try responding to the one on one recruitment threads yourself if you're only waiting for people to look at your own.
I guess my only choice is to keep looking. Lately my one on one intrest checks only get a like or a heart

I been searching around but no one really wants platonic or they require literate writers. I can try to search more though
'literate writers' is subjective. Some people call literate everything that is not a one-liner.
And sometimes people don't list every single thing they would rp. So if you like someone's search thread and think you might click, can suggest your own plots too (i.e. platonic). In worst case they say no.
You'll never know until you try.

'literate writers' is subjective. Some people call literate everything that is not a one-liner.
And sometimes people don't list every single thing they would rp. So if you like someone's search thread and think you might click, can suggest your own plots too (i.e. platonic). In worst case they say no.
You'll never know until you try.
I guess so I will try to ask

finding platonic 1x1 rps is undeniably difficult at times.

i should know, because i only do platonic and i've come across many an intriguing thread or plot only to read "romance required" and have to turn back. it's frustrating, that's for certain. can't say much about literate as i've never done a roleplay with replies shorter than a paragraph or two per post, but they're out there too.

when looking for potential partners, you can always search using the 'platonic' tag... it's not a sure fix, but it definitely helps filter out those who have their hearts set on romance.

finding platonic 1x1 rps is undeniably difficult at times.

i should know, because i only do platonic and i've come across many an intriguing thread or plot only to read "romance required" and have to turn back. it's frustrating, that's for certain. can't say much about literate as i've never done a roleplay with replies shorter than a paragraph or two per post, but they're out there too.

when looking for potential partners, you can always search using the 'platonic' tag... it's not a sure fix, but it definitely helps filter out those who have their hearts set on romance.
Alright i'll try that

...So far i have two currently that is active and the only other things i have is two group oocs,...
Bruh... I don't mean this in any kind of negative or condescending way but: be glad you have the two current RPs, and at least an active dialogue with the other two. From poking around and trying to help others advert (as well as my own searches), this site doesn't seem to bite on a lot of ideas. Or GMs poof, or the other players go silent, etc. Just sayin'... be thankful you got what you got. ;-)

I've only been here a month, but this is my impression so far.

Bruh... I don't mean this in any kind of negative or condescending way but: be glad you have the two current RPs, and at least an active dialogue with the other two. From poking around and trying to help others advert (as well as my own searches), this site doesn't seem to bite on a lot of ideas. Or GMs poof, or the other players go silent, etc. Just sayin'... be thankful you got what you got. ;-)

I will try to be

So far there isnt much threads about dc, marvel, lucifer fxm romance or other cartoon series

I will try to be

So far there isnt much threads about dc, marvel, lucifer fxm romance or other cartoon series
All these are in the first two pages of the 1x1 searches:

And these are the RPs in the groups section. again, just the first two pages

Now, granted, I didn't go and read the entirety of every description, or message any of the OPs. But all of these are either cartoon series based or are Marvel/DC based. There was a Lucifer one, but it was M/M, so I obvs didnt list it.

Good Luck ;-)

Last edited:
Dunno what to tell ya, then. That's way, WAY more options than I can ever find for what I'm looking for. People aren't often even in the same ballpark. Superhero/comic book canon RPs are really common, though. I'd surmise them to be like one of the most common genres, tbh. I see them on pretty much any and every RP site that I've been on. So it's really only a matter of waiting, and something is sure to pop up.

Agreed with this. I LOVE my RPs that I have, but I find more often than not having one or two strong RPs is about the norm for a lot of people. There is so many different types of RPers on this site, including many different topics, that it can be hard to find someone that fits what you're looking for. I have the best luck, quite honestly, by approaching people who's interests are similar to mine (but maybe not exact) and pitching an idea to them. More often than not they are at least open to planning.

Agreed with this. I LOVE my RPs that I have, but I find more often than not having one or two strong RPs is about the norm for a lot of people. There is so many different types of RPers on this site, including many different topics, that it can be hard to find someone that fits what you're looking for. I have the best luck, quite honestly, by approaching people who's interests are similar to mine (but maybe not exact) and pitching an idea to them. More often than not they are at least open to planning.
Its hard to find specific characters though, like oliver queen, bruce wayne, lucifer or etc

I can try i guess but i doubt it

I've made a 1x1 interest check before and actually have had quite a bit of people messaging me or expressing interest in role-playing with me. I'm not completely sure what draws people in to role-play though, so take my words with a grain of salt.

⋆ Titles! Sometimes having an "eye catching" thread title can take you far. Can't say it's always the case, but it might, well, intrigue some people. I doubt people will visit every single thread when they come out, so it's good to stand out from the get-go then. Making the post overall aesthetically pleasing (and that doesn't always mean "fancy BB Code formatting") may also help as well.

⋆ For one, tell about yourself. It doesn't have to be a long book-length autobiography, but be yourself and let the others who are considering role-playing with you get to know you a bit. Personally, I don't really contact people who say nothing about themselves. It sort of gives me an impression that they don't want me to get to know them as a person. Remember that people who probably don't even know a sliver about you are the ones browsing your thread. It doesn't have to be deep or personal, but you know, something.

⋆ Try to be open-minded. Of course, set your boundaries, but I think people will appreciate if you are willing to try new things or things that are not solely within your "comfort zone". Speaking of boundaries, it's also good to be firm and transparent with your rules. Try not to beat around the bush, and elaborate on what you'd like from your partner in terms of literacy, genres, fandoms if applicable, and communication.

If all doesn't go well, you can also be the searcher as well. Interest checks don't always works out.
While some of these factors may go into it, I think a part of it is just luck as well.

Last edited:
I've made a 1x1 interest check before and actually have had quite a bit of people messaging me or expressing interest in role-playing with me. I'm not completely sure what draws people in to role-play though, so take my words with a grain of salt.

⋆ Titles! Sometimes having an "eye catching" thread title can take you far. Can't say it's always the case, but it might, well, intrigue some people. I doubt people will visit every single thread when they come out, so it's good to stand out from the get-go then. Making the post overall aesthetically pleasing (and that doesn't always mean "fancy BB Code formatting") may also help as well.

⋆ For one, tell about yourself. It doesn't have to be a long book-length autobiography, but be yourself and let the others who are considering role-playing with you get to know you a bit. Personally, I don't really contact people who say nothing about themselves. It sort of gives me an impression that they don't want me to get to know them as a person. Remember that people who probably don't even know a sliver about you are the ones browsing your thread. It doesn't have to be deep or personal, but you know, something.

⋆ Try to be open-minded. Of course, set your boundaries, but I think people will appreciate if you are willing to try new things or things that are not solely within your "comfort zone". Speaking of boundaries, it's also good to be firm and transparent with your rules. Try not to beat around the bush, and elaborate on what you'd like from your partner in terms of literacy, genres, fandoms if applicable, and communication.

If all doesn't go well, you can also be the searcher as well. Interest checks don't always works out.
While some of these factors may go into it, I think a part of it is just luck as well.
Hmm i can try changing thread titles but i would need a good name

Fandom book catalog?

The miraculous fandom's search

Heroes book search

Hmmm

I'm with Tsukimii that formatting can sometimes help you draw in more 1x1s. If you're interested, then I might be willing to help you design one as I somehow enjoy playing around with BBCode on the rare occasions that I can (though I'm never satisfied with my work, personally). Responding to other interest checks is a way to do it and I know you said that others are primarily searching for "literate" writers, but you honestly never know what you might end up with if you don't at least try every now and again.

I'm with Tsukimii that formatting can sometimes help you draw in more 1x1s. If you're interested, then I might be willing to help you design one as I somehow enjoy playing around with BBCode on the rare occasions that I can (though I'm never satisfied with my work, personally). Responding to other interest checks is a way to do it and I know you said that others are primarily searching for "literate" writers, but you honestly never know what you might end up with if you don't at least try every now and again.
I would like that

i have to agree with this im currently in one active rp which is becoming debatable and a inactive group whenever i respond to an interest check this happens almost every time.. no one responds

Its been one week since my thread went up and was bumped

I still got nothin

You may need to broaden your interests if you're struggling to find something specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back