• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help How to delete a thread?

FlyingDemon

Hi,i would like to know how to delete a thread, if that possible?, because I don't know how to do exactly.

also, i apologize if you've seen this kind of questions many times, but actually, i would like to have more than one thread deleted.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can't delete threads yourself but you can ask mods to delete them for you.

I always wondered why you can't delete your account or thread yourself. Is it to avoid spam or something?
I suppose it's to avoid abuse, but at the same time, if you don't feel at your place, or there is thread that you wish to delete, it could be usefull,
usually when i delete my account (for exemple), i never go back to the site.

Last edited:
The point of not deleting anything is to always keep a record of everything that happens. I suspect that the mods don't actually delete threads either, just move them to a hidden "Deleted threads" forum, which is basically the same thing just they can still see what the post was if ever need be. (And any warning points that happened to be given out for said thread could be kept)

Any kind of hard delete feature is quite abusable after all. Rule-breakers could cover their tracks before a mod could get to them, for example.

The point of not deleting anything is to always keep a record of everything that happens. I suspect that the mods don't actually delete threads either, just move them to a hidden "Deleted threads" forum, which is basically the same thing just they can still see what the post was if ever need be. (And any warning points that happened to be given out for said thread could be kept)

Any kind of hard delete feature is quite abusable after all. Rule-breakers could cover their tracks before a mod could get to them, for example.
From now, i just wait for a member of the staff to explain me, if i can or can't delete a thread.

You yourself can't do it but you can ask a staff member to delete it for you. When I've asked, they've always agreed and deleted it for me. Whether soft delete or hard delete, they've taken it off of public view for me.

You yourself can't do it but you can ask a staff member to delete it for you. When I've asked, they've always agreed and deleted it for me. Whether soft delete or hard delete, they've taken it off of public view for me.

Thanks to you Jedi, that explains very well the situation, i saw that there was a section to contact the staff, may be a good start.

We try very, very hard not to hard-delete anything. Soft-delete just removes them from the view of non-staff, meaning we can always recover it if need be. For simplicity's sake we usually just call it "delete" because we don't hard-delete anyway.

At the current time, the software doesn't allow non-staff to delete even their own things, so if you need anything removed, feel free to make a post in Staff Contact with the link and we'll be happy to delete it for you.

Note that if you're asking for a deletion of a full thread, with replies from other users, we may move it into Archives instead (which is visible, but very out of the way). That way, it doesn't affect people's post counts, and they can still view their posts if they want to.

We try very, very hard not to hard-delete anything. Soft-delete just removes them from the view of non-staff, meaning we can always recover it if need be. For simplicity's sake we usually just call it "delete" because we don't hard-delete anyway.

At the current time, the software doesn't allow non-staff to delete even their own things, so if you need anything removed, feel free to make a post in Staff Contact with the link and we'll be happy to delete it for you.

Note that if you're asking for a deletion of a full thread, with replies from other users, we may move it into Archives instead (which is visible, but very out of the way). That way, it doesn't affect people's post counts, and they can still view their posts if they want to.
Thank you for your answer Kaerri, i'll keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back