Advice/Help How to deal with toxic rp environment without leaving

Huntertabbysandshark3

The lord of randomness and the warp
Weird wierd question... but I'm just at a point in some thing... where I being treated kinda shittly but... I really don't want to leave the rp becuse if I do the stuff iv done will get desecrated and destroyed and I can't handle that what would you do? I am just curious? Ok yeab that didnt make much sense but.. should I just mute them all and keep doing rp stuff or what?

Personally, I'd leave. I know how it feels to be treated less than you are. But, since you don't want to leave, I'm gonna pat you on the back.

I usually just keep everything light-hearted, like I don't think too much of it. I know that's not the best, but I'm not exactly the confrontational type of person.

Or, you could discuss it with the GM privately? I'm sure GM will care and act on it, or they may not, but it doesn't hurt to try. Warning, it might be kind of subtle, like, "come on guys, no disrespecting others", or if you feel abandoned, they may try to include you in conversation more (plots and/or daily chatter).

i think this may be more suited over in the rp discussion forum rather than general discussion, honestly, but i’ll still answer you!

when i was a younger rper i would fall into this trap a lot. i would get ignored by the other people in the rp but still want to continue because i liked my character/setting. the thing is, me staying there eventually turned into me disliking my character and the plot itself, because i wasn’t having fun anymore with people ignoring me. staying without saying anything made it only worse for me, and killed all my enjoyment that i previously had ;-(. you don’t want that to happen to you!

if you’re in a group rp (i’m assuming you are!) go and talk to the GM, like previously said. if the GM doesn’t respond well to your concerns/doesn’t take you seriously, run the other way and leave. it’s much better for you to leave while you still like your character and the things you wrote during the fun times of the rp than sticking around making yourself feel worse and lose even more enjoyment.

i know, it sucks when rps have to end this way, but it’s really not your fault, and your work is not destroyed, don’t worry. you gained from just being there in the first place and as long as you had some amount of fun, it was all worth it. leaving now (if talking to GM doesn’t work) before it turns even more sour will hurt a bit, but you’ll probably see it as in the future the best thing you could have done in that situation.

Leave, your emotions are more important than your written creation.

So I do this a lot when it comes to more niche interests. Where you spend so long looking for someone interested in your idea you try to make the most of whatever crappy partner you end up with.

So to start with if your worries about your stuff getting destroyed I would just put it all in a google doc. I do that automatically anyway for all my roleplays. It might take you a while to back up everything which will provide a distraction and some space.

Once that is done let’s address the desecrated point, do you mean your worries someone will take your idea/character/etc? You might be able to bring that up to the GM or maybe staff.

If your just worried that you will loose out on all the work you have done if you start over it’s honestly not that big of a deal. I basically just recycle maybe ten ideas over and over again. So I have to drop roleplays and rework ideas all the time.

As long as you back up your work it’s better to walk away from a toxic situation. You will have way more fun creating an idea with someone you aren’t worried is gonna steal/destroy your stuff.

So I do this a lot when it comes to more niche interests. Where you spend so long looking for someone interested in your idea you try to make the most of whatever crappy partner you end up with.

So to start with if your worries about your stuff getting destroyed I would just put it all in a google doc. I do that automatically anyway for all my roleplays. It might take you a while to back up everything which will provide a distraction and some space.

Once that is done let’s address the desecrated point, do you mean your worries someone will take your idea/character/etc? You might be able to bring that up to the GM or maybe staff.

If your just worried that you will loose out on all the work you have done if you start over it’s honestly not that big of a deal. I basically just recycle maybe ten ideas over and over again. So I have to drop roleplays and rework ideas all the time.

As long as you back up your work it’s better to walk away from a toxic situation. You will have way more fun creating an idea with someone you aren’t worried is gonna steal/destroy your stuff.
Their only option is, unfortunately, to leave.

You can't repair a broken home unless you utterly redo the foundation, redoing the foundation of a group of people is messy, and uncomfortable, and near impossible without breaking a bunch of eggs. Leaving is a better choice, and far less stressful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back