• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern how to be alone [apocalypse/urban fantasy]

saturday shorts

its about the yearning
[class=container] display: flex; justify-content: space-between; width: 560px; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=container maxWidth=450px] width: 350px; [/class] [class=left] display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: space-between; width: 300px; [/class] [class name=left maxWidth=450px] width: 140px; [/class] [class=right] display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: space-between; width: 250px; [/class] [class name=right maxWidth=450px] width: 190px; [/class] [class=img] height: 450px; width: 100%; background-image: url('https://i.pinimg.com/736x/01/e9/88/01e9885cf57e2aed5765d64e43531224.jpg'); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 40%; [/class] [class=imgBanner] height: 100px; width: 100%; background-size: cover; background-image: url('https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Di3fYamUwAAx_Jy.jpg'); background-position: 50% 50%; padding-top:20px; box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; [/class] [class=title1] font-size: 18px; font-style: italic; text-align: left; height: 20px; letter-spacing: 5px; [/class] [class=title2] font-size: 26px; text-align: left; height: 28px; letter-spacing: 5px; text-align: right; [/class] [class=text] font-size: 13px; width: 100%; height: 400px; overflow: hidden; position: relative; [/class] [class=prose] width: calc(100% + 17px); height: 400px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; opacity: 0; position: absolute; transition: 0.5s; [/class] [class name=prose maxWidth=450px] width: 100%; [/class] [class=info] width: calc(100% + 17px); height: 400px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; opacity: 0; position: absolute; transition: 0.5s; [/class] [class name=info maxWidth=450px] width: 100%; [/class] [class=arrowF] color: white; transition: 0.5s; opacity: 0; position: absolute; [/class] [class name=arrowF state=hover] cursor: url('https://i.imgur.com/8akxkMH.png'), auto !important; transform: translate(10px); transition: 0.5s; [/class] [script class=arrowF on=click] addClass show info addClass show arrowB removeClass show arrowF removeClass show prose [/script] [class=arrowB] color: white; transition: 0.5s; opacity: 0; position: absolute; [/class] [class name=arrowB state=hover] cursor: url('https://i.imgur.com/8akxkMH.png'), auto !important; transform: translate(-10px); transition: 0.5s; [/class] [script class=arrowB on=click] addClass show prose addClass show arrowF removeClass show info removeClass show arrowB [/script] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 2; [/class]
[div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=img]
[div class=title1] how to be [/div] [div class=title2] ALONE. [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=text] [div class="prose show"] You wake up, and you don’t know who you are.

It doesn’t matter.

You are alone, and the world is silent. Something has been awakened in the world and something has died, with a gasp that echoes sadness still. There is a house, a forest, a park, a store, a station that sparks a trembling memory before it twists out of your grasp. Comfort is morphed by the darkness, loneliness, the quiet. There is no murmur, no buzz of streetlights, no rumble of tracks in this half ash smothered world.

You are surrounded by the suggestion of death but you live. You have to.

Water fills the subway stations and vines creep over grey walls and peeling paint, rooting themselves into the spaces that people have left with thoughtless intensity. Sharks swim in the tunnels of the city and tigers lope through abandoned streets, wolves watch with gleaming eyes on rooftop tiles.

Were there ever people here once? The buildings gaze down on you with cool, immortal eyes and the unyielding concrete under your feet offers no answer. These are the islands of humanity, kept alive by a population of one, a drop of water on dry cracked land. [/div] [div class=info] [div class=title1]plot[/div] this is going to be a small group rp (im thinking around 5-7 people) and it takes place in a post-apocalyptic modern fantasy world, where you are the only people left and the earth is being taken over by nature and spirit creatures who roam through the city and wilderness. all you have when you wake up is a wristband not unlike one from a hospital that states your name and age, as well as a set of coordinates. you remember nothing else. you don’t wake up in bed, or near anything you would recognise. this ranges from waking up washed up on a beach to inside a laundromat washing machine.

you eventually get an animal as a sort of benevolent guardian through a life or death incident, or just coincidence, and that begins memory recollection, and the need to find other people who may have survived this mysterious incident that has seemingly made everyone else vanish off the face of the earth. the only clue you have are the coordinates.

the connection with your big animal guardian also begins a sudden introduction to magic, which will all be heavily element and nature based, and will not come easily eg. you will probably have little to no control at first and it will be a steep learning curve

more will be revealed as the plot progresses, obviously, but be prepared for a lot of solitary posts

[div class=title1]rules[/div] the characters should be young adults, so 18-25 range

having a discord would be good as that’s where all the ooc stuff will be

this will be literate rp so good grammar and like 300+ wordcount per post would be good, although sometimes legnth can’t be helped and i do believe in quality over quantity. just don’t have a single line of dialogue and an action, flesh it out a bit more.

post frequency should be at least once/twice a week, and please stay active in ooc [/div] [/div] [div class=imgBanner]
[div class="arrowF show"]
[div class=arrowB][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

Wow, I love this. This is so different from other post-apocalyptic rps I've seen. I'm really intrigued by this fantasy element. If you still have positions available I would love to be apart of this.

The concept of this apocalypse RP sounds really awesome! Very different from others I've seen. I'd like to join if it's still open for characters.
😊

Hey, I see you have like nine people but figured I'd chime my interest in!

is this still open? you said you wanted to keep it relatively small and there's already a lot of interest, idk if its first come first serve or i should go ahead and post a cs... seems like a cool idea! :)

also just to clarify that for the powers in the character sheets, it doesn’t have to be manipulation of you can also have like conjuring fire etc! feel free to message me with questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back