Experiences How old were you when you first started roleplaying?

I was really young, like six years old or so, but I really was just playing characters irl with my friends and my sisters. It was literally all I ever wanted to do. I was around 13 when I started writing and doing online RP because at that age, other people weren't so interested in playing that way irl. Damn do I still love some face time tho. Roleplay and acting is my main passion life.

13! But I started writing standalone before that, however dismal my writing was at the time. I started to RP on a site called Xanga I believe initially.

14. If i recall correctly, the first RP I was in was a fantasy one back on Nationstates, where I heavily plagiarised Game of Thrones with the character I made (he was essentially a Stark that could use ice magic). The second one after that was an Elder Scrolls RP, where I made a Breton noble necromancer who'd spent quite some time trapped in a Daedric realm. His name also managed to be a reference to both Game of Thrones and the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

i started rping on a warrior cats forum at the ripe old age of 8 years old. i've been roleplaying kind of on and off since then but that's technically when i started. honestly i didn't even read warrior cats, i just made it up as i went along.

I was... 12? 13? Somewhere around there. I've been writing since I was 10, so I kinda came into it naturally.
I also wrote the first rp I was in. It was a pretty standard vampire roleplay on Gaia--nothing new.
I did go a bit overboard and added a whole hierarchy, though. Apparently, I thought like 80+ people were going to join. Only 3 did, haha

I started at twelve years old, lying about my age as I bounced from forum to forum and got freaked out everytime someone asked about my real life

I was like 12 years old roleplaying on an Inuyasha website xD I remember when I use to rp like * insert action here *
Now I am 28 years old and I still love to roleplay and I adore writing.

You know, to be totally honest, I still *type out actions like this* when I RP in text messages with my boyfriend.

I musta been like? Seven? There used to be this fantasy/high school apps (they were copies of each other) that had RP sections that me and my family loved. Someone swore at me which got me very upset lol.

The act of roleplaying itself is something I've done since very young ages. I think I was about eleven years old when I started roleplaying with my brother. We'd RP with our My Little Pony OCs, though sometimes we'd also do Sonic RPs.

But if it comes to online roleplaying, then I began around the age of 16.

so SO young! i used to write in notebooks and pass them back and forth with friends when i was like six, and then around seven i joined some wolf rp forums. i couldn't name a single one if i tried these days!! it was a simpler time, but geez, i was definitely too young! i migrated to chickensmoothie when i was about ten, and i still visit in there pretty often! ^^

w o w uH, i must've been 10? i started on the forums of moviestarplanet and in kik groupchats, joining rps with simple plots and little character development LOL. 5 years later and i mainly rp on goodreads, instagram, and have just started on here : )

8 or 9. A friend (now husband) that I played games with introduced me to creative writing. His 10 year old explanation was "It's like playing pretend but on the computer."

So many superhero stories.

Ah, this takes me a looong time back...

I started roleplaying at the age of 11 and have been doing so ever since. I'm literally doing it every day now! ^.^

Eleven or so, but only on forums for other games or sites rather than ones dedicated exclusively to RP.

12, and incredibly, on Facebook forums. I'd even started with the exchange of long posts (ten or so paragraphs) and that was the best thing I could have ever done to set the tone for my ongoing improvement. At 21, I'm now utterly attached to RP... ^^

I was 14 when I actually began officially roleplaying on forums. That was back when I was on ROBLOX. The entire reason I started doing it was because I wanted to create my own Naruto story with others.

Hmmm I think I officially started at about 10, but it was nothing good then, haha. I moved on to stories for a little bit, and now I am an avid roleplayer and am hoping to make a career out of writing so look at what time does to ya.

I was 14 when I actually began officially roleplaying on forums. That was back when I was on ROBLOX. The entire reason I started doing it was because I wanted to create my own Naruto story with others.

Eyyy! Fellow ex-Roblox forums roleplayer!

Judging from the age you roleplayed on the Roblox forums and the age you are now, we probably didn't forum around the same time. Nice little connection though!

I was eight years old. My sister's friends, who I thought were super cool, were into roleplay. They, for one reason or another, put up with me bugging them on AIM. We roleplayed a lot. I eventually moved onto less chat-based roleplay on websites like GaiaOnline and some obscure harvest moon forum. I'm twenty now. Strange how time flies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back