Experiences How old were you when you first started roleplaying?

7 years old, I made my own self insert Halo Spartan, and oh god was I cringey.

But hey, everyone starts somewher!

for text-based roleplaying iirc it's 13, but for d&d i think i was 18 but then the pandemic happened so i didnt get to learn the rules

nine years old, probably. i think on zwinky? pretty sure i got a virus tho.

I was 12 when I started RPing, though I'm not sure if I started on LJ first or ff.net.

6-8, I roleplayed in a minecraft-like game named Creative Box. [the good ol' days..]

waaaaaaay too young. that's what i get for having unrestricted internet access lmao. i think i was eleven or twelve and started with warrior cats?

waaaaaaay too young. that's what i get for having unrestricted internet access lmao. i think i was eleven or twelve and started with warrior cats?
oh don't be such liar, you're {halfway} old enough to roleplay at that age. I shouldn't have started it at that age-

oh don't be such liar, you're {halfway} old enough to roleplay at that age. I shouldn't have started it at that age-
i agree that writing is good for anyone at any age, but the internet is dangerous for an eleven to twelve-year-old. source: self.

I say that my early internet access only caused me to age faster than what I'm supposed to. {#a_lie_a_day_keeps_the_creeps_away because I got into lots of trouble.}

I was fifteen on gaiaonline. I ended up taking a massive break from roleplaying to focus on fan fiction and restarted when i was 21. I’ve been pretty consistent since then. I think I’d die of cringe if I saw any of my original roleplays at this point.

Omg gaia online, my old deactivated account for sure had some little random stuff and rp but nothing dedicated, that would be 14-15?
Dedicated rp though was around 17 on DeviantArt groups and their respective chats.

10 or 11, when I was able to message on neopet boards and found PBP roleplay, I was addicted man. It was like all I did for a hot minute. I'd be posting in three different forums at once, going back and forth, it was a reply every second. The only downside was the posts were limited to 200 characters, so I'd write up my replies in a word doc and then post them in parts. My favorite genres were high school rp(so funny as I wasn't a high schooler yet so the concept was fun), wolf rp, and superhero rp with a lean on an x-men style storyline where everyone with powers was outcasted or something.

Started on Animal Jam at like 9/10, then to Transformice Cafe at like 11/13. Took a break, picked it back up at like 15/16 on Chicken Smoothie.. Then ended up on here around what 17? And now I'm 20 and thinking back on that, that timeline freaks me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back