Other How much does education affect your capacity to roleplay, if at all?

Larry

Your resident on-and-off bibliomaniac!
Hey there folks, Larry here! I suppose you could say this is on my mind since I'll be entering my final year of college so it'll be difficult enough I can imagine to come on here for extended periods of time. However, I'll definitely try and make time if I can! So that begs the question, does your secondary education or your college education impact your ability to come on as much as you'd like or do you make time for it? Needless to say, it'll be interesting to hear your responses my friends! :)

For me at least, whenever I have free time I just prefer to relax at home and I find role playing to be very relaxing, not to mention it keeps my mind busy whenever I'm worried about deadlines or other problems I have going on. Of course with college and Universty, your time becomes very limited but if role playing is fun for you then I think like myself, you will still try to make as much time for it as you can :'D

While I can't say it doesn't affect me at all, the difference between highschool and college is not that high for me, at least in terms of available time. Sure I got to study a lot more, but I come from a particularly pushy highschool that pretty much forced us into learning every available subject, so what I lost in having to study more intensely I gained in overall available free time.

I don't know how it would be if instead of a higher education I had taken a job, but honestly I think it would be very similar. A job would likely take more of my time and leave me more tired, but it wouldn't request out of work work out of me, so again, in terms of net gain or net loss I would be pretty indifferent I believe.

Hey there folks, Larry here! I suppose you could say this is on my mind since I'll be entering my final year of college so it'll be difficult enough I can imagine to come on here for extended periods of time. However, I'll definitely try and make time if I can! So that begs the question, does your secondary education or your college education impact your ability to come on as much as you'd like or do you make time for it? Needless to say, it'll be interesting to hear your responses my friends! :)
Almost not at all. Sometimes if I get alot of homework i will work on it a bit but usually i do the homework on school time.

It depends on how you schedule yourself. It's def something I do after a long day and I've finished up all my school work and If I can't certain days then it is what it is you know.

School and school-related things keep me both busy and tired a lot of the time, so it does really mess with my ability to roleplay. Sometimes I finish a twelve-hour day, transport back and forth can be an hour each way, and by the time I get home I just want to fall into bed. Then I remember I should probably eat and study for the next day, and I genuinely have no time. And when I do have time, the mindset just isn't there. Part of the problem is me having no chill and putting tons of pressure on myself.
I'm going to try to make more of an effort this year to do both, but on a scale of 1-10, higher education affected my roleplaying at, like 7, then 2 out of ten was general life stuff, and 1 was actual roleplay. I was still online pretty often because I genuinely love this site, I just couldn't find the energy last school year to actually post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back