Other How Many Roleplay Are You In At Once?

Because of my dedication to a personal no-quitting rule, I limit myself to a maximum of 2 roleplays. It's not just about that though. I write beyond role-playing and I have other hobbies, so...

In practice though, I'm incredibly selective about which RP I join (to ensure that I don't join a roleplays that I will be forced to quit) , so I usually don't even have 2 RP at a go.

I am in role plays that have died and role plays that are active.

Active roleplays are Clover Hills Wolf Pack, Everton Heights, Suncrest Complex. Though Suncrest Complex is semi-active I would say.

Most RP's I'm in tend to die shortly after joining so I usually just lurk.

Two/three roleplays are ideal, but I tend to find myself in the situation where I stock pile on roleplays because hardly any of them go anywhere. Currently, I have three active, two in the "planning" phase, and one just getting started. I'm almost certain one in the planning stage will bail, so really, I have five.
Anything more than six makes me incredibly antsy and uncomfortable

I've never been active in more than 1 at a time. That's mostly because there haven't been times where I've been interested in multiple ones that were happening at the same time though. If there were, hypothetically, I think 1 is the right number for me. I should be able to be in 2 and maybe even 3, but I don't want to be in multiple ones if I'm not feeling confident that that won't hurt my inspiration, dedication, quality of my posts, etc. Less risks if I'm focusing on 1, and I don't want to take the chance of being involved in an RP dying because of that. For once, I guess it's a good thing that it's hard for me to be interested in an RP, and even harder for there to be more than 1 I'm interested in, so I don't run into that dilemma.

As a general rule I would stop at 3- Between 3 partners posting, I usually have the optimal amount of time I need to ensure I provide them quality work, any more and they face constraints.

one, generally
two if i’m feeling ambitious
three max

maybe i just put too much effort into my posts, but i literally cannot fathom doing 5+ at a time and keeping them active? just trying to keep up with two honest to gods tires me out.

I think my limit's like... maybe five tops if the majority of them are slow moving, but I'm most comfortable with two or three. Anything more than that and my brain just doesn't have the Stuff to keep up and I'd just be spending all my free time RPing or doing RP related activities which isn't fun for me. I need a variety of activities to keep my mind happy.

Though if all my RPs are in an activity rut I always convince myself I can take just one or two more, and then my dormant partners always seem to come back right after I make that decision.

I try to stay in 1-3 RPs at a time. My absolute maximum is 4, but I typically aim for 1-3. Reason being, I GM an HP. Right now, I’m only in 1 RP, and that’s my own (Unless you count a quest RP. In that case, I’m in 2.). But earlier this month, I almost ended up in 4+ RPs.

I'm on duty for 5 days a week and I can't have my phone until after duty. I try to join RPs that'll have my notification pane blown up when I check it

Typically that goes from 3-6

The one rp I was in was starting to get stuck so I decided to try my luck with three more, little worried that the constant rp was going to burn me out. All three of them got stuck so Im here not rp'ing at all

Oh gosh, I will at least proudly admit my addiction. Back on Quotev I would have a maximum of six going at once. It took up so much time... I regret nothing.

Usually only up to five, because after five it just gets scrambled up and annoying and unorganized.

Currently I'm in about six different roleplays, although three of them are groups with the same people as the one on one roleplays so I'm not sure if that counts as six actually.

I write really long posts, so I'm lucky if I can handle 2 at once. Although... I usually scam more and go through alternating cycles of satisfaction and regret.

At the moment I'm not in any rps OTL Typically I'll take on around 3-4 depending on my partners activity and the length of my replies. I try to respond every other day AT LEAST, so I'll usually be writing ~2 posts a day and that's about all I can handle with school and work

I always prefer to be in as many as I can. At the moment, I'm in about 3, but I wish I had way more so I won't have long periods with nothing to reply to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back