Other How Many Roleplay Are You In At Once?

Coreonysis

Sketching World Lines
So I'm in three roleplays at the moment, and still asking people to roleplay with me because I haven an addiction. Lmao but seriously, I usually give myself a set amount of time to reply per day, and will fit responses into that time. I can maintain a good five or six roleplays at once, maybe more if I'm really interested.

How many roleplays do you usually maintain at once?

I have a hard time keeping it all straight in my head. I think no more than 3 is ideal for me, but I end up being in like 6.

Right now, I'm only keeping attention at one RP (AEGIS, the one I've been at since I joined RPN) and there's a second one to start that I couldn't resist signing up for.
I usually have more but, I had a really bad year at college, my stress levels were out of the roof and my mental health needs attention. More than ever, at least >~<

But once I was really craving RPs and found a lot of them I liked. I signed up for 8 of them, iirc 2 never started but woa, that was the craziest thing I've ever done ^^'
As always, I did my best to catch up with them, but I don't think I'd repeat the prowess so soon.

Nowadays, I think 3 more beyond AEGIS would be okay, especially since that one has these side-mission threads and I signed up for almost all of them... Oops! It's not my fault if all the plots sounded so interesting!! XD
But yeah, it's like having two or three RPs in one, so when it's brewing with activity it becomes quite the workout~ >w<

On site:
I have three very active ones, I try to reply once a day or once every few days.
Two semi-active ones*.

total: 5
On skype:
One very active
4 semi-active
One being discussed.

total 5 or 6
If I get a bunch of responses in one day I will only reply to the first few or the first few + the oldest (meaning in how many months it's been going) of the RPs first and do the others the next day in order.

If I lose a RP On RPN it's really not that big of a deal because I can usually get another in it's place easily. But this is actually a little more than I'd like, so I'm closed on accepting new RPs for the time being.

*semi active ranges from replies weekly to every few weeks.
If I forget about a RP or if it's gone on without a response in two weeks from the partner (that didn't say they would be slow) I just count it as dead.

Last edited:
At the moment, 0 are ongoing. I've shown interest in some that haven't gone anywhere past interest check. Some that are in the character sheet stages and set to start soon. I was in 1 but people stopped replying. Not joining anymore unless I find something I'm really interested in or the ones I've already shown interest in go somewhere.
I don't have a limit, or at least I haven't found a limit yet.

1 active one (I count it as active, but my partner is only online at weekends)
1 semi-active (RP froze randomly, rip)

(And 1 I ghosted lmao. They all posted so fast and I was like "Ok...you know what...? I will leave, but keep my jock boy and grease mokey girl, tyvm")

cool. a lot of the rp's im in just die off after a few pages. it's sad.

But right now I'm in 7 total that still carry potential!
Of the seven: 1 is not yet started. 1 is quest-style. 2 are onexones.

People keep a limit on how many RPs they join..?

Kidding. I'm usually only in 3-4 of the slower/lengthier posting RPs when I've got a lot of time to dedicate, just because I probably won't have the time to make multiple posts in a single sitting. One post, and I usually don't expect another reply for another few hours or so, which is fine by me.

If I've got heavy time constraints then I try limiting myself to one, because I don't want to be dropping out of any after investing time into them.

I generally keep myself to a limit to two RPs, between work and family and everything else, two seems to be enough, especially with the volume I prefer to write. Although I have thought about trying adding another but have been reluctant to try.

Well, I would be in about 6, but people keep abandoning before we start or right after we start.
So, currently, 0.

Currently with people from this site I have ab 8 roleplays going/being planned out, and another 2 that I'm doing with a friend of mine and honestly the most overwhelming part is making characters more so than keeping up the rp for me

honestly the most overwhelming part is making characters more so than keeping up the rp for me
I gotta agree with that! Not sure if that's your case but I put so much effort into making the CS as perfect as I can, as in, I go into so much thought with it... It just takes a really long time and effort ^^'

But then posting with their personality and such more of less figure out becomes a lot more easy, so all of that effort is worth it >w<

I gotta agree with that! Not sure if that's your case but I put so much effort into making the CS as perfect as I can, as in, I go into so much thought with it... It just takes a really long time and effort ^^'

But then posting with their personality and such more of less figure out becomes a lot more easy, so all of that effort is worth it >w<

I write like 5 or so paragraphs of a backstory, sometimes more per character, and tend to write at least one for their personality, plus finding a face claim and filling out other necessary things

It's a lot of work but I've gotten surprisingly quick at it...I can finish a character with all of their information planned out in about an hour to an hour and a half and start on another...

But when I have 6 characters to create it's hard to remember which one is related to which thing and I get myself confused pshh

I write like 5 or so paragraphs of a backstory, sometimes more per character, and tend to write at least one for their personality, plus finding a face claim and filling out other necessary things
Yep! That's me as well! I write a lot and try to make everything as true to the concept I started with as possible and then most coherent as well ^^'

Face claim searching can take a day or more because I may have this exact idea in my mind but struggle to find an image that matches it. Also, I'm just indecisive with this by nature XD

It's a lot of work but I've gotten surprisingly quick at it...I can finish a character with all of their information planned out in about an hour to an hour and a half and start on another...
That is... impressive : O
For me, it would become CS planning day, would take some good 5 or so hours, and that's mostly because I think that has been enough because my perfectionism is never 100% pleased : P

But when I have 6 characters to create it's hard to remember which one is related to which thing and I get myself confused pshh
Definitely if you create them all on the same day, even worse if they're all for the same RP...

That's why I might use the CS as a base for the first four or so posts, need to associate the narration style, personality and such to the name itself. I also use colors and a header font to each of them so, yeah. The speech colors help too!

(But they also take quite a while to choose... I just never win, do I? XD)

Yep! That's me as well! I write a lot and try to make everything as true to the concept I started with as possible and then most coherent as well ^^'

Face claim searching can take a day or more because I may have this exact idea in my mind but struggle to find an image that matches it. Also, I'm just indecisive with this by nature XD

That is... impressive : O
For me, it would become CS planning day, would take some good 5 or so hours, and that's mostly because I think that has been enough because my perfectionism is never 100% pleased : P

Definitely if you create them all on the same day, even worse if they're all for the same RP...

That's why I might use the CS as a base for the first four or so posts, need to associate the narration style, personality and such to the name itself. I also use colors and a header font to each of them so, yeah. The speech colors help too!

(But they also take quite a while to choose... I just never win, do I? XD)

The face claims are what take me the longest. It can take me like 3 hours to find the right face claim, sometimes more if I have something really specific. Eventually I just have to settle for the closest thing sometimes bc I find nothing...

I spent 3 hours searching for an FC for the character I'm currently making for a circus rp. She has vitiligo so models are rlly hard to come by except for winnie harlow but I also hate to use popular models so I was rlly against using her so it took me actuall y forever...

The face claims are what take me the longest. It can take me like 3 hours to find the right face claim, sometimes more if I have something really specific. Eventually I just have to settle for the closest thing sometimes bc I find nothing...

I spent 3 hours searching for an FC for the character I'm currently making for a circus rp. She has vitiligo so models are rlly hard to come by except for winnie harlow but I also hate to use popular models so I was rlly against using her so it took me actuall y forever...
Ohhh that does sound like a lot of work : O

I use Anime images so my problem is either having too many options, I found a perfect character but not the perfect picture with them or what I want is hard as heck to find... There are also the times where I found the perfect picture but not in the colors I imagined so I gotta make the choice, change what I wrote oooor bring out my art programs to do some editing ^^'

Either way, we can all agree that face claims are just so damn hard~!

EDIT: Oh! I avoid using characters I know as well, it breaks the immersion for me!

Ohhh that does sound like a lot of work : O

I use Anime images so my problem is either having too many options, I found a perfect character but not the perfect picture with them or what I want is hard as heck to find... There are also the times where I found the perfect picture but not in the colors I imagined so I gotta make the choice, change what I wrote oooor bringing out my art programs to do some editing ^^'

Either way, face claims are just so damn hard~!
I like to find my FC first because otherwise as I write the character I have this specific idea in my head but no one looks right

So when I find an FC first I can use them as a bit of inspiration for the personality as well which is helpful

I like to find my FC first because otherwise as I write the character I have this specific idea in my head but no one looks right

So when I find an FC first I can use them as a bit of inspiration for the personality as well which is helpful
I normally do that as well buuut, sometimes it's not just an idea, it's a whole concept that just works better with determined colors and/or personality, specially if I picked their nationality beforehand ^^'

But yeah, that is probably the best way to go about this! My brain just doesn't work that way... It loves jumping steps and driving me crazy!! XD

It depends a lot on the scenario (ex. multiple topics with 1 character vs 1 topic per character, how fast I post on each, etc) but as a loose estimate I'd say I can typically juggle 2-3 RPs or ~7-10 chunky posts a day reliably, as much as 2-3 times that in shorter bursts if I don't have anything going on but I definitely cannot keep up with a great deal more than that.

...Which would be all well and good if I didn't have a couple dozen characters ready to go that I haven't been able to get to yet. The eternal struggle.

Hmm as many as I want to, really. I don’t think I’ve ever gone over 5 at a time, but I’ve never conciously said to myself “No. Thats enough.” before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back