Other How Many Paragraphs can you do Normally?

Can you roleplay with... (Select all that apply)

• 1 - 2 Sentences?

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • 3 - 4 Sentences?

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • 1 - 2 Paragraphs?

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • 3 - 4 Paragraphs?

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • 5+ Paragraphs?

Votes: 35 47.9%

• Total voters
I ain't reading no thirty paragraph post. Got real novels for that shit.

I usually post around two paragraphs. Any more and I feel like I'm throwing in useless fluff, and not giving other players a chance to react to things they might find interesting.

ohoho i usually want to write around five to six paragraphs but i do lower it.

i'm an artsy piece of shit who needs people to see how pretentious my writing can get

I usually write as much as I need to. If I'm replying to someone's post and I end up with 5 paragraphs, then that's how much I will have. That being said though, I never write less than a paragraph, and I typically stay under 5.

one or two good paragraphs would be my minimum to work with.

i usually write between five and six paragraphs and then break them down so that the paragraphs are shorter and easier to digest.

of course if there's interaction with other characters like a conversation between two characters i would write much less. maybe between two and three?

Depends on mymood. Sometimes I write only a couple of snetences, sometimes I write up to 2 paragraphs, in rare cases more than 3.

Welliam practically says it for me. Writting too many paragraphs end up;

A) Feeling like your character is talking/fighting/etc. alone.
B) Writting about stuff irrelevant that no one, not even you, cares.
C) Controlling the characters of other rp'ers.

It depends on your definition of a paragraph.

Remember, the oh-so-delightfully famous "My mother is a fish" is a sentence, a paragraph, and a chapter all at once.

So, if you count a break between words to distinguish actions/ideas as a paragraph, then I can do anywhere from 5-15 paragraphs for an RP post.

F'ex, here's one of my shorter paragraphs that's broken up with thought-prose, and is written differently than if my character had just sat down to talk to someone--which would have ended up with thicker paragraphs, perhaps:

She reached the door to the stairwell in four strides, skidding into the wall. Rebounding, Kara took the stairs two at a time, breath forgotten, no path but forward.

Anger.

Hate.

Clarity.

Action displaced thought in this moment, hollowing out fear, tossing aside confusion. Leo followed; she felt him at her back just as surely as she felt the gathering turbulence above her. Halfway up and she spotted Jaxon, wounded but standing, healthy enough for now, and raced past without a word. The next heartbeat awakened muscle memory stretching back a hundred generations. It surged through her blood, unblocking senses clogged by the mundanity of everyday life.

Jaxon.

Jaxon was.

Jaxon was three feet behind her, angled to the left. She could smell his bruises spreading. Leo--six steps down, already lighting the sage, the heartbeat thundering in his massive chest getting faster, faster. Bernard coming, weak but near, a storm on the horizon. Mortar crumbling in the brickwork by the doorjamb, a spider scuttling behind the bed, and Ayden...there.

Salt was such a simple thing. Once a king among spices, it now graced every dinner table, done and dusted in both price and significance, but one thing had never changed: its purity. It sanctified and protected, preserved the holy, and tore down evil. Long before the psalter and the Benediction, it had cleansed the darkest spirits from daylight's inverse and ripped apart demons in their lairs.

It was a weapon.

Kara raised her voice in a scream she didn't hear and leapt for Ayden, her handful of salt flung across the pristine, white arc unleashed from the canister held in the other.

I can do more than five paragraphs, I am able to do two paragraphs it depends on what I'm given to work with or if I'm inspired to let my creativity flow.

I usually do multiple paragraphs, I used to write only a few sentences but over time I improved. Based on my previous experiences I think a lot of role-players start that way, and slowly build up their writing skill as they gain experience.

Many, many paragraphs. I can write whole pages if I have enough material to work with. That doesn't mean that I actually do it all the time, though. I dislike writing for the sake of length. If I can convey what I want to say in one paragraph, you can bet I'll do it.

It really depends on what I would be writing. If I was a player playing my next action, 3 or 4 paragraphs with 5 sentences each would do nicely for an action scene (One where my character is either fighting or doing something.), 1 to 3 paragraphs 5 sentences each if Im a player playing a relaxed scene (like if I'm simply talking with someone), but if I am a creator or host leading an RP and I need to play the next scene, I might place up a 6 paragraph post with 6 sentences each so that players could understand what is coming next. That is only if I am hosting an RP though, and I can't (or won't) write long long pages of content without proper reasoning.

I try to match everyone else. Less then 1 paragraph tends to be bland and boring, but more than 5 is overwhelming. I typically write 2 or 3.
Pretty much the same unless I'm the gm. It depends on the stipulations of the rp as well though. Normally I churn out two or three eight sentence paragraphs and only write longer when necessary.

I just do as many paragraphs as necessary to satisfy my post according to my standards. I care little about length, but I try to respond to everything that happened to my characters in the prior posts. Typically, I write 5+ Paragraphs, but that's when I need to add context, multiple actions, RP other stuff, answer other posts, etc. If it's just RPing one character with minimum information, I would normally do 2~3 paragraphs.

I just do as many paragraphs as necessary to satisfy my post according to my standards. I care little about length, but I try to respond to everything that happened to my characters in the prior posts. Typically, I write 5+ Paragraphs, but that's when I need to add context, multiple actions, RP other stuff, answer other posts, etc. If it's just RPing one character with minimum information, I would normally do 2~3 paragraphs.
Your posts were monster in tpj lol

Usually around 4 sentences. 2 paragraphs at most. I'm not good with words. Roleplays with people who can write 2 to 3 paragraphs a post just alienate me, like I can't ever get up to their level as if I will just drag them down. I can't write an essay on 1 detail. Maybe in my first appearance, however that's it. I just want to give enough detail short and of quality. I'm not a director or a playwriter. Writing is not my strong suit. It's a hobby.

I'm going to say 3. I can sure as shit write more (I've done a 20+ without breaking a sweat), but the sad fact is 90 percent of partners aren't actually going to read it. Three's about the happy medium.

I can only do one, MAYBE one and a half. I can't go any further without burning out all of my creativity for the rest of the week and invoking purple prose.

I don't count my intros because they're always too long (since I'm an excitable otter who gets carried away), but once the RP has settled into a nice groove I can typically give anywhere between 2-5 paragraphs, depending on what I have to work with or how creative I'm feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back