Experiences How many OC's do you have?

Msy

What's up Everyone.

So, I'm a total creation maniac - I absolutely love creating stories, characters and anything relating to it. For reasons like this, I often make a lot of stories and characters even going as far as recycling and remaking some of them. I have yet to count how many OC's I have (possibly over 100) and thought to ask this community if they know all, if not, most of their OC's.

Would love to hear from you guys!

I have the bad habit (well that might not be the correct wording) of making a new OC for each RP and have been rping since I was 12. I must have over 100 to be honest. But I don't really keep them all in one place to be honest causing a bit of chaos if I decide I’d like to reuse one.

Last edited:
I have 5 mains ones, but i have 17 others that are like NPCs.
Mains:
Foxen the Selectively Insane Fox
Nightmare the Nightmares of Foxen
Wolven the Married Army Wolf
Kathina the Married Mute Cat
Leon the One-Eyed Fox

Personally I tend to make an OC for each roleplay I join or make, and a few extra on the side. Very rarely do I recycle an OC. How many I have exactly I don't know, my thread to save OCs has 99 posts (missing a few characters) and I have a few combat and fandom OCs as well,plus a couple general ones. So throwing a number in the air, maybe around 110-120 since I started keeping track? Not counting OCs from other sites or built for non-RP situations, such as characters from Euphorium.

My number of OC's is directly proportional to the amount of RP's i'm in to a near constant 1:1 ratio

Too many to count since I make new ones every time I RP. I rarely use the same character twice unless the RP takes place in the same universe as the previous one did.

I have about 30 OCs, give or take. I rarely make new characters and more often recycle them into different RPs. It's interesting to see how they interact with different world and lore.

I never bothered to count them. But I also make a new OC for every new rp, and sometimes more than one. So there's at least a bit more than the number of rp I did, unfortunately I haven't counted the number of rp either...
This thread made me curious and maybe one day I'll man up and count XD

It's a bad habit for me because I cant keep track of them all and often forget which OC I'm using for certain rps

My word choice wasn't the best there
I see. Then, if I may, I'd like to suggest maybe creating a character dump in the character feedback subforum? Maybe add a little line to the CS about which roleplay they belong to.

My number of created OCs number probably...in the hundreds by now? I usually make a new OC for new RPs since I'm not usually fond of recycling characters unless I feel they barely got anything in their old RP. If you have to ask me how many OCs I have active currently though, I guess there's give or take 4 fandom ones for a fanfiction I'm writing, with a few other NPCs for said fanfiction.

For the one main RP story Ive been doing for the past 5 years now, my total number is close to 2,000 or so. I know that may sound unrealisti, but I came up with many different characters over the years because of the personal importance that story has to be. I’m working on making more, and more, and some more until one day get to 1,000,000. Again, maybe an unreal number, but the ends of one’s imagination is endless in itself.

I have quite a few, and most of them I have never roleplayed with or even written stories about yet. For me, characters come first and stories come later. Character ideas just come to me and they are inspired by the strangest little things, such as a 3-second snippet of a music video, a sign at a restaurant, a photo, or an interaction I witnessed.

I've been doing this for two decades, I have an album directory of 2000+ images and I've used most of them one time or another, be it as a PC or as an enemy. It all becomes a blur with a few memorable PC's at the front. Though, given I don't do "Canon" RP's or play an established PC, everything I make is an OC. And every single sheet has had an RP. I don't make sheets for fun, and the vast majority of RP's that I've been in, from free forums to the Anime Unleashed board of TTV back in the day, to Mal before its RP scene turned to trash, and then Iwaku, to here. The vast majority of RP's end before two months. Mostly at the two-week time limit.

Or to invoke Jo-jo,

"Do you remember all the bread you have eaten?"

Maybe a little over a hundred. Or at least several dozen.

Many of my characters tend to be made for specific RP settings. Some longer term RPs in the past, I made multiple characters for it. I don't typically reuse characters with a few exceptions. They tend to be catered more to the world they're in. I have tried reusing characters before but it rarely works out well. So I stick to making new characters and maybe make characters who vague allusions/references to my previous characters.

I use names from my favorite characters from my favorite shows, games, anime, etc....

See here’s the thing.

Are we going based off of fully fleshed out characters? Or are random characters you come up with to fill in a world included?

If we’re going based off of fleshed out characters, I’d say maybe 20-30 in my entire lifetime. Throwaway characters included? Probably in the 50-100’s, I don’t keep track of them.

Most of the time I recycle characters and change their backstory to fit the Roleplay they are used in. Only when a character wouldn’t fit but I still want to participate would I come up with a new one.

I've retired a couple characters over the years. I have two characters that are very fleshed out, another who is kinda fleshed out, and then a few others that I am trying to use for roleplay but they aren't as defined. I'll say no more than a dozen OCs.

What's up Everyone.

So, I'm a total creation maniac - I absolutely love creating stories, characters and anything relating to it. For reasons like this, I often make a lot of stories and characters even going as far as recycling and remaking some of them. I have yet to count how many OC's I have (possibly over 100) and thought to ask this community if they know all, if not, most of their OC's.

Would love to hear from you guys!
too many

Too many. But I also have archetypes. So like the same character, but pretty much interpreted into other settings and things.

Recently, just the one. But if total, then that's a lot since I've been at it for years. Every time I take a hiatus, I like to think I'm starting from 0 when it comes to my OCs.

I have been making oc's for years - but recently went whole turnover method and sold most of them so I feel like I am clutching my few remaining ones. 7 ccurrently when I used to be in the mid 30's, and I miss a lot of them I'm not going to lie

Hot take: I don't keep my OCs. Or at least, not all of them.

I've been many, many characters. I tend to avoid reusing them, purely because I like experimenting. Once a character has served his purpose, or that roleplay has died, I move on and start a new project for a new character. That said, I do have a small repository of about 3 characters. I put a lot of work into them and I don't wanna lose them to memory ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back