• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern How Little We Know

Plumthegamer2010

CS Thread

holeman.png

The ignorant and the deluded are, I think, in a strange way to be envied. That which is not known of does not trouble us, while an imagined but insubstantial peril does not harm us. To know the truths behind reality is a far greater burden.
-H.P. Lovecraft

"What the hell else do you want to know?! I am telling you all I know and I still don't even understand what we fought. We were a cleanup team alright? The fucking field team should already know what are we getting up to and inform us, but this thing, it has no sense to exist or be part of this reality. Our bullets just passed through it's ever changing pattern of holes and we couldn't hit any vital. And that is not the worst part...have you ever seen a grown man be compressed to half of his size? have you ever heard the bones cracking against the flesh as his body gets crushed by a unseen force? I...I think I need a bucket.

THE WORLD
walkingfaith.jpg
Ignorance is bliss, the only fundamental truth that most mortals that dabble on the unnatural came to understand. Any other ideology, principle or even basic scientific thought is but a facade for the horrible truths that laid through the veil of true reality. The mundane world who moves everyday without knowing this are blessed, for if the average person were to truly understand and grasp these things the world and reality as we know it would come to a end. And there is a group in this world ready to do whatever it takes to stop this from happening.

THE ORDER/ THE ORGANIZATION / THE FACELESS
order.jpg
A faceless and complex group, almost as incomprehensible as the horrors they fight. They work as a series of conspiracies and vague connections between people from all walks of life and nations, a both secretive and expansive organization without a clear hierarchy, where the most powerful king may know only a fraction of the things than the janitor of a fast food joint has saw. While the motives behind the organization are confusing at best, the objectives of the order are pretty clear. To cover up the unnatural, to destroy the unnatural and to save human lives if possible.

THE TEAM
sirenhead 1.png

There are many reasons why people begin to work within the order, some of them have altruistic intentions to help humanity fight back against the things that lurk in the shadows for as long as they can, others want to understand these cosmic influences but more often than no, is because they got into a rabbit hole that they can't escape now. Not only do they have to deal with the unnatural seeping into their lives but the constant threat of being destroyed by the Order or the Order to take something that they appreciate more than life. The risks of someone knowing too much and not be willing to keep their lips shut is enough to make them frame, kidnap, murder or things way worst.

ANOMALOUS AGENTS
flyingwitches.png

While usually the Order exterminates any human showing supernatural abilities on the spot, recent years and different events deep within the circle of the Order have let these people live in relative peace in some strict conditions, to hide everything from their unnatural upbringing and to help the Order in anything without asking any question. The breaking of any of these clauses will make the person be reclassified as a entity and therefore be condemned to be destroyed as any other anomaly. Aside from this, being a anomalous human is hard enough, while they have access to abilities beyond the wildest dreams that doesn't really explain anything. As any other human, they are unaware of what hides behind reality, and are much more vulnerable to be absorbed by the unnatural.

RULES AND WARNINGS
axeman.jpg

ICC
1. This is a horror game, so there are plenty of possible triggering plot points. These aren't included but not limited to body horror, death and some severe existential terror. If you aren't comfortable with these teams then the RP may not be what you are looking for. Nothing graphic will be shown in image.
2.Keep in character at all times, if your character is afraid of dark then they probably aren't gonna go down the basement that has no light. Character development is gonna be discussed in OCC.
3.Romance is acceptable and even encouraged, but not show any explicit content on the RP.
4.Keep ICC drama away from OCC drama, you aren't your character and you shouldn't take at heart if anyone is going against them in RP.
5.Death, body integrity and sanity may be risked for your character, I will never kill a character unexpectedly but I may consult with the player if they are comfortable with those changes being applied to the character.
6.Realistic face claims.

OCC
1.Most OCCs discussion will be through Discord.
2.Don't fight, discriminate or bully people on the Discord, get a break if you think things may get a litlle heated.
3.No politics on the OCC.
4. 5 players limit for now, but this may change in the future.
5. And the most important rule of all, have fun!

If you are interested, then say it in this post and I'll be sending you the Discord link.
CSS will be open soon as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back