Advice/Help How Exactly Do You Do Double Up / Doubling?

castastrophic

Okay, so it's been a while since the last time I do roleplay, and I got a bit confused when people ask me 'do you do double ups?'

From my own research, I have a conclusion that I need to play 2 characters at once with same settings, and my partner also play 2 characters at once. Sort of like a bargain, where I want to play certain character with my partner being the character I want to interact with, and I do the same to them. Do you need to write about the two characters at once, or can you do it separately? I'm still not really sure about this so I hope someone can help me understand this more.

Okay, so it's been a while since the last time I do roleplay, and I got a bit confused when people ask me 'do you do double ups?'

From my own research, I have a conclusion that I need to play 2 characters at once with same settings, and my partner also play 2 characters at once. Sort of like a bargain, where I want to play certain character with my partner being the character I want to interact with, and I do the same to them. Do you need to write about the two characters at once, or can you do it separately? I'm still not really sure about this so I hope someone can help me understand this more.
You can do either way by using the same pm for both but with lines to seperate the rps

Your rp
________
Theirs

Or have two pms and separate ooc to keep the rps separated with less confusion

Ask your partner, if they have doubling in their search they have a plan on how they want things written up.

Just tell the person “Sure I will play Character X for you if you play Character Y for me. How are we going to be doing the roleplay?”

They will absolutely already have a detailed plan of attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back