Viewpoint How do you feel about people that ignore you OOC once the RP starts?

OOC always makes me nervous tbh so I prefer not to talk in OOC unless discussing the RP. I'll still do it if someone says something or if I feel like they don't like me lol i want my partners to be comfortable

I tend to make it very clear in my interest threads that I demand communication from both ends, not only do I want my partner to talk to me, I want them to listen to me, and them not even bothering to ever read the PMs feels very disrespectful in many ways. If someone did that I would likely message them once more, perhaps put a message on their profile, but if it was a continuous problem I would drop them very quickly and move on with my day because just flat out ignoring a message when we are already RPing together is just flat rude. If they RP hasn't started yet and we are in planning stages, I would just assume they ghosted which I am fine with.

So, I recommend making it very clear you wish for communication in OOC. The two best RPs I have ever had my partner and I were VERY communicative in OOC, even if we did not talk and become buddy buddy, we definitely communicated what we wanted to happen in the RP.

i usually try to check up on my partners ooc. if they haven't responded in a few days, i'll just send a quick "hey... you doing ok? no pressure to reply just checking on the person so i know you're alright." I always read ooc messages sent to me. i can't believe someone else wouldn't...

I totally agree with you! And many of the other replies posted. Sure, we're talking for the sake of the RP, but I'd prefer if my partner and I talked OOC as well, at least to know how they're feeling or thinking about the RP, maybe make a new friend if we click well. Fine if they don't want to share too much about their life but ignoring the OOC chat completely is a little cold, haha.
I don't mind if they're introverts who aren't used to talking a lot with strangers, but that doesn't seem so in your case. Especially since they were really social before and then suddenly decides to stop talking OOC, it kinda feels like they're just being nice for the sake of the RP. Besides, isn't it inconvenient if you can't properly discuss the plot OOC?

For sure try to communicate OOCly. Although keep in mind some people have a lot going on outside the game and forums, and responses can be slow. At least I know that's my case.

Hate those types. Their contribution is often the most disjointed and detatched from the overall narrative and vibe of the RP - not always but usually in my experience. Hard to work with them or get excited about their character, dread having to interact with them in any lengthy or meaningful way.

OOC is huge, even if you're not actively planning things out.

Doesn't bother me much really since I rarely even have much to talk about anyway. My life is very uneventful and most of my personal interests are pretty niche and bore the vast majority of this site's demographics.

i only ever do 1x1 RPs, so it's a bit disheartening when my partner doesn't want to keep up OOC communication. like with many people, OOC communication is extremely important to me; RPing and writing in general are my hobbies, and through them, i've met some really great friends. i'm 100% more likely to be super invested in a plot we've got going if we talk more OOC; if we don't talk at all, chances are that i'll end up dropping the RP altogether.

I'm fine with people not wanting to talk much during role-play but I would expect some form of communication on where to go next or if I have ideas/potential plots I'd like to share. If I can't get a response but they're clearly there (and still replying) you'll likely loose my interest and quickly. That said, I'm okay with people not wanting to talk much! If only because there's (in my experience) a hefty emphasis that because we're role-playing or because I'm online at the same time - we need to be talking. We don't.

tl'dr: If it's in regards to the role-play, I'll expect a reply but some people don't want to chit-chat outside of it and that's cool with me, too.

I'm gonna be the black egg in the basket here.

I personally do not hate ooc interaction. But some people tend to take it into the extreme. I'm here to roleplay, sure I can talk and stuff, but some people start thinking I want to hear about all their issues and stuff for some reason? Man, I'm here to roleplay but all you wanna do is chit chat about drama or something? uh...
I like ooc when we're talking about our characters, the plot, etc. Maybe even a little fun 'how's it going? look, funny memes' (this is a generalization, but I hope yall know what I mean). I've actually had to blow someone off recently because all they wanted to do was ooc and they completely ignored the roleplay itself for weeks and never once told me why. I called them out on it and they got mad about it. Which sucks because I liked roleplaying with them but it seems that that wasn't the case for them. It took me calling them out for them to finally say something and they just had a total attitude about it.

I definitely get uncomfortable when partners just want to ooc all the time now....

i try and avoid ooc as much as possible cuz we arent really friends, just rp partners... but also ooc stuff related to the rp is important to discuss (:

I'm fine if they don't want to be friends outside the roleplay (I've had plenty of people that have become an issue due to not being able to keep romance in the roleplay and the like) but I do consider OOC crucial for roleplay development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back